The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elodin

the burger
is a Tiering Contributoris a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
I probably won't get a match done by tomorrow, but I refuse being subbed out because it's really not my fault.
As you see below, Lightchu ignored me completely.

CTC ctc'd.

Smurf. and I didn't schedule, but we should get it done when we see each other on IRC.

I have an exam tomorrow and my internet access is terrible where I am right now, so playing my matches after sunday would be appreciated. I could've played earlier against Smurf. but the time difference is pretty annoying for us on week days.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
but there's not even a working NBS server any more :( at least, the ones I knew recently are no longer up -pokemonperfect and helix temple (italian community NBS). Met Bekins one time on helix temple tho.

also gj mambo

you're all slaves to this game doing whatever it takes to snake out a win. i want all of you to ask yourself why you play Pokemon before ever sending or accepting a challenge. if you guys are playing this game as a chore, and rather with integrity and pride, then i feel bad for you. the whole smogon community would manipulate a metagame through bans to allow a more "skillful" game, but are also too quick to give out a free win from a TURN 2 DISCONNECT. Basically you guys try sooo hard to make this game as skillful as possible, yet still give out lucky wins through an opponents internet connection problem? Sounds counter-intuitive to me.

BUT MAYBE JSOAK ACTUALLY DID DISCONNECT ON PURPOSE TO ANALYZE AND CREATE A FORUMULA TO GUESS THE LAST 5 OF HIS OPPONENTS TEAM. MAYBE JSOAK ABUSED THE TIMER AND NEEDED MORE THAN 5 MINUTES TO THINK ABOUT HIS PLAY ON MAGNEZONE VS SKARM, I SOMETIMES TOO STRUGGLE IN THIS SITUATION. SMOGON YOU SURE AS HELL HAVE A POINT!

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
"fair play", what's this ? People bring full baton pass, people luck the shit out of their opponent, people do crazy shit in this "game" which can royally screw your fun. And here we are, in a situation where a player didnt send his team in a team tournament, what am I supposed to do expect take the win ? I am not supposed to ask my opponent if he has send his team, blame Leftiez for being such a shitty captain and not monitoring his players. That's my right which was set for a couple of years now, and I'm gladly using it by taking the win. You can shit talk all day, everyday, honestly, I can't give less a shit. Not like people see me as a good/nice player. Take this as a reminder, send your team, or get fisted. I'm not even feeling bad tbh.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-71169 GG

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
"fair play", what's this ? People bring full baton pass, people luck the shit out of their opponent, people do crazy shit in this "game" which can royally screw your fun. And here we are, in a situation where a player didnt send his team in a team tournament, what am I supposed to do expect take the win ? I am not supposed to ask my opponent if he has send his team, blame Leftiez for being such a shitty captain and not monitoring his players. That's my right which was set for a couple of years now, and I'm gladly using it by taking the win. You can shit talk all day, everyday, honestly, I can't give less a shit. Not like people see me as a good/nice player. Take this as a reminder, send your team, or get fisted.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4ou-71169 GG
It's not your fault, you're just playing by the rules. It's just that we find these rules really dumb. No offense meant to you at all.

you're all slaves to this game doing whatever it takes to snake out a win. i want all of you to ask yourself why you play Pokemon before ever sending or accepting a challenge. if you guys are playing this game as a chore, and rather with integrity and pride, then i feel bad for you. the whole smogon community would manipulate a metagame through bans to allow a more "skillful" game, but are also too quick to give out a free win from a TURN 2 DISCONNECT. Basically you guys try sooo hard to make this game as skillful as possible, yet still give out lucky wins through an opponents internet connection problem? Sounds counter-intuitive to me.

BUT MAYBE JSOAK ACTUALLY DID DISCONNECT ON PURPOSE TO ANALYZE AND CREATE A FORUMULA TO GUESS THE LAST 5 OF HIS OPPONENTS TEAM. MAYBE JSOAK ABUSED THE TIMER AND NEEDED MORE THAN 5 MINUTES TO THINK ABOUT HIS PLAY ON MAGNEZONE VS SKARM, I SOMETIMES TOO STRUGGLE IN THIS SITUATION. SMOGON YOU SURE AS HELL HAVE A POINT!
While I don't disagree with the heart of your post, I think this would be a shaky precedent.
What if I notice one move missing in my team and then fake a d/c early for example.
Moreover, this tournament isn't really the land of fair play and skill. We have no reason to believe you would have made a different choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)