ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing (New Version Coming Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM Magic Coat Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Much of what gives Reuniclus trouble and what allows many pokemon to beat it that wouldn't otherwise beat it is the usage of Taunt or Encore, allowing certain pokemon like Jellicent, Whimsicott and Taunt Aerodactyl to actually beat Reuniclus 1v1 by shutting down its recovery and boosting moves. Fortunately, the pokemon gods have graced Reuniclus with Magic Coat, which has +4 priority, meaning it outprioritizes every Taunt and Encore user in the game and reflects back their own moves. This means Whimsicott can't Encore you and Taunt users can't Taunt you because of Magic Coat and it means that only attacks are going to be able to break through Reuniclus. Unfortunately it means you have to resort to just using Psyshock as your only move and you are shut down by certain Dark-types, but the ability to shut down so many would-be checks is priceless.

Last edited:
Alright, so I nominated this set a couple of weeks ago in the OU thread and it ended up in a four-way tie that I unfortunately lost. Without further ado, I present to you:

Specs Regenerator Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock

This set is very peculiar as it has Regenerator instead of Magic Guard for its ability. Regenerator is this Reuniclus' only way of staying healthy and is very useful as this set is constantly going to switch out due to its hit-and-run nature (Choice Specs oblige). Reuniclus also doesn't mind the damage from entry hazards that much as it will get its health back once it switches out.

Future Sight is another feature that's rarely seen on Reuniclus that adds on to the surprise factor of this set (most will predict a Calm Mind setup or even a Trick Room sweeper set) and this 120BP move comes out really strong from a Specs-equiped fully invested base 125 SpA (don't forget STAB!). Once Future Sight is used, Reuniclus only has to switch out to a teammate (mostly Fighting-type mons to scare off Dark-type ones) which can pressure the opposing mon into switching back to another mon which won't necessarily like to take a powerful Psychic-type move, forcing the opposing team to sacrifice (most of the time) one of its mons. Also, note that Future Sight bypasses any protection move such as Protect, Detect, Endure and even Substitute.

On to the other moves! Focus Blast is used to scare Dark-types from switching into Reuniclus and KO them on the switch-in if they dare to. Shadow Ball has neat coverage alongside Focus Blast and hits opposing Psychic-types pretty hard. Psyshock is a less powerful STAB move and can be useful for instant damage, especially during late-game, and hitting on the physical side, which helps it against Calm Mind, Assault Vest users and special walls in general. The suggested spread, nature and item are pretty straightforward: max HP / max SpA, Modest and Specs for nice bulk (though it wishes it could have a bit more), getting the most out of Regenerator and maximum firepower.

Obviously, Reuniclus has issues with Pursuit trappers (we all know how unreliable and frustrating Focus Blast can be). Double switches are very useful when your opponent still has a Pursuit trapper as it'll make you avoid being Krookodile/Snorlax/other Pursuit trapper food and gain momentum (not to mention Reuniclus will get 1/3 of its max HP back).

Thunderwave Wall

Reuniclus (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator/ Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Knock Off
- Psychic

A really nice defensive wall that shuts down fighting types and punishes switch ins. Its basically a defensive cresselia with knock off and regenerator which is why its so good! You can use Magic Guard over regen but I find regen a little more appropriate with this set. Psychic is still really powerful as a main stab. Knock off gets dark types and anything else to lose their items. Thunderwave can ruin a Hydregion switch in! Recover is great reliable recovery if you don't want to switch! The surprise factor that comes along with set will win you games! Be warned that after you use thunderwave, some pokemon will still be faster than you. You can change the nature to -Attack to recover some speed if this tends to be a problem.

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Future Sight
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Ahhh, here it comes. Assault Vest Regenerator Reuniclus is just a lord. I've been using this set since late XYUU and it still works the same way it used to. Assault Vest isn't just there because yeah, it actually makes Reuni an amazing pivot, allowing it to come into almost any special attacker for free (bar Hydra and Chandelure) and then just attack or switchout and gain the lost HP. It just never dies.

• 252 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 144-172 (36.2 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252+ SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoqueen Sludge Wave vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 118-140 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 118-141 (29.7 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 88-105 (22.1 - 26.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Volt Switch vs. 144 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 88-105 (22.1 - 26.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

But what makes this set different from most special walls is the fact that it actually has offensive presence with that 125 SAtk base and the help of Future Sight, the real gem of this set. Future Sight messes teams, I'm being serious. The fact that it hits 2 turns later can be taken completely to your advantage, forcing your opponent to send something as an Steel or Dark-type to take the 120 bp attack while you prepare the scenario to have a strong Fighting-type at said moment. At that time, your opp has two choices, or stays and takes a CC to the face with the Steel type or switches out to the Fighting resist and gets destroyed by Future Sight. Also, the fact that it only has offensive moves helps amazingly with the coverage, as most people except Doublade/Hydreigon/Slowking to wall it, depending if it lacks either Shadow Ball or Focus Blast.

HINT: Pair it up with CB Heracross.

I know this is almost a c/p from my post on the underrated sets thread, but w/e. Props to thatmushroom, the creator of this set.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator / Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball / Recover
- Substitute

Hi, you know that annoying game you have to play whenever your opponent has a Krookodile and you have a Reuniclus. Fuck that game. Just sub up on something and make the game easy on yourself so you can Focus Blast that Krookodile freely. Sub also works in tandem with Regenerator by not only blocking status that would normally be dealt with by Magic Guard but it also recovers the HP lost by clicking substitute. This set can also be used to sort of regulate the kind of damage that Reuniclus is trying to regenerate by making sure you don't get chunked too hard. I would make a better EV spread but your sub can still live some cool stuff regardless. Shadow Ball stops you from being walled by Doublade which would be lame. Leftovers is great for passive healing but Life Orb can be used if you want to break walls more easily. So yeah, ease prediction by using substitute so you don't have to deal with 50/50s. Also, you could probably chuck CM on here somewhere but I haven't tried that yet.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Damn, Slate. had the same idea as me, which was to use Magic Coat Reuni to beat Taunters and RoarCune. No worries, though, because that just means I get to show off another cool set!

Offensive T-Wave Support

Huuuuugs! (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

You can mess around with the coverage moves to better support your team - this particular combination is what I find the most generally useful. 252+ LO Reuniclus hits like a truck, and even with the reduced bulk you'll be able to pretty much always tank a hit, paralyze something and smack back hard. With Wish support, you can come in time and time again. 56 EVs gets you past 8 Speed Doublade, who stands a good chance of being OHKO'd by Shadow Ball. Perhaps more importantly, they guarantee that you'll be able to outspeed a paralyzed 252+ Mega-Aero, plus anything slower.

Best used alongside another solid wallbreaker who appreciates the T-Wave support, such as Tyrantrum or CB Heracross, and a Wish-passing pivot like BP Umbreon or Alomomola.

Last edited:
Tough call between YABO and Slate but I'm gonna have to go with Slate. Dingbat do you think you could like compile the noms into one post when you announce voting lol

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If slate wins this trophy is gonna be pg 13

Not because i hate him tho :}

Edit: I will also draw the intro pic

It will be pg13 by design

Last edited:

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok guys, Slate. wins the Reuniclus trophy! It shall be drawn soon enough n_n

Next 'mon is:

Feraligatr

Stuff will be updated whenever I feel like it

Happy setbuilding @_@

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)