The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
je te visais pas forcément mais si t'insistes à être aussi con, j'y peux rien (cf ça vise plutôt un de tes joueurs et les gens des autres team)
1) my player trashed limi for quitting "again" when he lost to finch
2) you're not involved in this, stay with your smash pass players and get the fuck out you irrelevant piece of shit
3) did you just say im cunt LOL ?

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
Just my 2 cents here, no one is going to read it because I'm a team Italy supporter (not even a player, I'm THAT BAD at this game), but regardless

there are no written rules about timers being stopped or not stopped, if TDs had discussions and took decisions about the timer not having to stop, then they should've been transparent and told everyone. Since there are no official rules, France isn't right in claiming the victory, but they aren't wrong either.
If TDs decided that in this situation the timer shouldn't have been stopped, and declared so when they had the time to, then so be it, France takes the win and sorry afrabs for the dc. But since all I could find in the rules about timers was "Timed Battle must be enabled." I think the TDs made a mistake by being imprecise on this specific part of the rules, and it's their fault that this is happening. However the TDs have the power to choose anything they want to, and in this current situation where no one is right and no one at fault I think the most optimal decision they can make is a remake to ensure no one's fun is ruined and everyone has a fair match. There is no definitive reason to give France the win since detailed rules about this are nowhere to be found, and since the disconnection was at turn 2 a remake isn't "unfair" on the battling side for either sides. Essentially there are two choices here, the first one is remaking the match and clarifying disconnection rules, everyone's happy and it's just another tournament match; the second one is completely ignoring us, NOT clarifying timer rules (so that you can manipulate more matches in the future maybe?), and giving the win to France.

TDs have a choice here and I trust them to make the correct one; if they don't, fuck this game, I started being kinda active in this community because I thought this community was better then the italian one, where people ghost in every tournament and they'd fucking sell their souls to win tournament matches. I'd be very disappointed to see anything similar in this tournament.
(sorry for possible grammar mistakes n stuff, not my mother tongue and it's 3:40 am here)

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Unbiased power rankings of all the superstar players that have been interviewed by -Clone-.

upload_2015-6-27_22-21-25.png

#2 BKC
#3 gr8astard
#4 Bloo
#5 Leftiez
#6 Tesung
#7 Tele
#8 M Dragon
#9 aim
#10 Xtra$hine
#11 Stathakis
#12 PDC
#13 blunder
#14 Destiny Device
#15 reyscarface
#16 Lyconik
#17 Tokyo Tom
#18 Bad Ass
#19 -Tsunami-
#20 KratosMana
#21 Chimpact
#22 CrashinBoomBang
#23 FLCL
#24 Adam
#25 Valentine
#26 Living So Zambian
#27 mencemeat
#28 Reverb
#29 Haunter
#30 CTC

Last edited:

coR.

Banned deucer.
after we saw the group where odin were placed, we were expecting a 0-3 lol, we were wrong ,,,

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Just gonna post my two cents since I'm involved.

I know I fucked up by turning the timer on myself, as an involved player in the situation, but I still stand by the motivations behind my action: the timer should never be turned off, and there is no excuse for not sending your team in case of a d/c (and I was right, cf the official decision!!). Number of turns and other factors don't matter, unless the win was 100% guaranteed.
Also, Ojama didn't tell me to do it, this one's on myself.

To the people slinging shit at me, Go10, Ojama or team France in general: keep hatin'

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

I know I fucked up by turning the timer on myself, as an involved player in the situation, but I still stand by the motivations behind my action: the timer should never be turned off, and there is no excuse for not sending your team in case of a d/c (and I was right, cf the official decision!!). Number of turns and other factors don't matter, unless the win was 100% guaranteed.

To the people slinging shit at me, Go10, Ojama or team France in general: keep hatin'
I think the timer rule should have exceptions like in this case. I know it's dumb to not send your team in, but it feels even dumber to decide the outcome of a game that hasn't even started because of a timeout. As you saw from the reactions, everyone found it stupid and unfair as hell. Jsaok really worked hard for that game which really annoyed me that it was going to be decided that way. Though, if it was in the middle of the game for example that's another story. I'm glad there's gonna be a rematch. Just suggesting that there should be exceptions.

I don't really understand this. When a player obviously dcs why shouldn't the timer turn off? We have the technology. There is absolutely no downside to turning off the timer when a person obviously dcs. There is no potential funny business, we don't need to have this inconvenient bullshit, and the game can proceed as planned. In the case of a normal dc / timeout like limitless v finch yes, it is absolutely within your right to take the win. He didn't send his team and there was nothing we could do.

But that's not the case here. We turned the timer off and were able to wait. Agreed, number of turns doesn't matter if someone doesn't send their team in but we were able to stop the timer making it so not sending in his team was an irrelevant factor. It seems as if you're saying that we should encourage letting preventable situations occur to punish players for not sending in their team as if that is an ideal occurrence. He should have sent in his team, but there was no reason to turn the timer on outside of explicitly and intentionally punishing him for doing so.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
lol "23 users"....the irony is that comment, to show your superiority, shows just little history you do know. That's a huge insult to the community back then.

During those "tournaments" I went against some of the best players of all time IN THEIR PRIMES like goofball, Hipmonlee, husk, Cloud9x, McGraw, gene/g80, chaos, Picollo, MrE, Jumpman, Celia, Giga Punch, MoP, Loki, imperfectluck.....players that you look up to like gods here. You had the old-school RBYers/GSCers that had been grinding for years on IRC. You had the aggro Germans popularize their explosion teams which is what 90% of newer players only know to use in GSC nowadays. You had IRC vs Netbattle, Smogon vs the rest of the world. Pokemon back then was no less competitive than it is now, maybe more because there were only 3 metagames in existence.

But conjecture isn't enough so how about some hard numbers on "playing with skill"....went 41-6 in ADV games during smogon tours 1-5, a That's back when ADV was actually the newest metagame. Number of times I used in Baton Pass in those games: NONE. But of course you wouldn't know about that because you joined in 2012, right?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-battlers-of-smogon-tours-updated-with-seasons-1-5.59886/
lol i am not even taking part and i love this tournament. this dude is like 42 years old and just obliterated that other guy. veteran in love with the savage takedown, the name drops, the Social Security level insults. he's got bold letters, links to other threads, statistics, all that other shit and all of it done from his room at the assisted living home. the nurse came in and called the doctor for this burn. unbelievable. this man was winning tournaments before i hit puberty and im bout to get engaged next week. hes taking W's in the world cup even tho his first time in it half the countries were different. this dude fought in vietnam and is still around to fight in pokemon. ahh i love this all

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I don't really understand this. When a player obviously dcs why shouldn't the timer turn off? We have the technology. There is absolutely no downside to turning off the timer when a person obviously dcs. There is no potential funny business, we don't need to have this inconvenient bullshit, and the game can proceed as planned. In the case of a normal dc / timeout like limitless v finch yes, it is absolutely within your right to take the win. He didn't send his team and there was nothing we could do.

But that's not the case here. We turned the timer off and were able to wait. Agreed, number of turns doesn't matter if someone doesn't send their team in but we were able to stop the timer making it so not sending in his team was an irrelevant factor. It seems as if you're saying that we should encourage letting preventable situations occur to punish players for not sending in their team as if that is an ideal occurrence. He should have sent in his team, but there was no reason to turn the timer on outside of explicitly and intentionally punishing him for doing so.
Because there's too much gray area to say when it's acceptable to turn the timer off and wait and when it's not. You'll have some players say it's perfectly ok at Turn 50, down to the wire last mons both side determined by a Speed tie, to say it's ok to wait for a true DCer to come back and finish the match, and many that would say it's also ok to let the timer run out and take the win or what have you. It's also a gray area to say when it's acceptable to have x amount of time left to turn the timer off cuz the person DCed. Some would say anything around a minute would be acceptable to turn the timer off and accepting the other player DCed, others would say there's no way that's enough time, and consider it a timeout not a true DC.

I'm all for sportsmanship and good fun, but when it comes to these team tournaments we need to hardline where we can. It's far easier for us, and fairer, to say here "the timer will not be turned off ever" than "the timer can be turned off sometimes for some people and sometimes not for others depending on who's playing and what they personally feel."

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Why would you even dc? My connection is kinda shit and still i never dced in >100 relevant matches. Sorry, but just don't dc if it matters. If your internet is so shit that you can expect a dc send your fucking team.

lol "23 users"....the irony is that comment, to show your superiority, shows just little history you do know. That's a huge insult to the community back then.

During those "tournaments" I went against some of the best players of all time IN THEIR PRIMES like goofball, Hipmonlee, husk, Cloud9x, McGraw, gene/g80, chaos, Picollo, MrE, Jumpman, Celia, Giga Punch, MoP, Loki, imperfectluck.....players that you look up to like gods here. You had the old-school RBYers/GSCers that had been grinding for years on IRC. You had the aggro Germans popularize their explosion teams which is what 90% of newer players only know to use in GSC nowadays. You had IRC vs Netbattle, Smogon vs the rest of the world. Pokemon back then was no less competitive than it is now, maybe more because there were only 3 metagames in existence.

But conjecture isn't enough so how about some hard numbers on "playing with skill"....went 41-6 in ADV games during smogon tours 1-5, a That's back when ADV was actually the newest metagame. Number of times I used in Baton Pass in those games: NONE. But of course you wouldn't know about that because you joined in 2012, right?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-battlers-of-smogon-tours-updated-with-seasons-1-5.59886/
VIL:
<- Masterclass

(The joke is that VIL, like DIO, is 100 years old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)