Multifaction/FFA The Mafia of the Five Kings - Game Over, King of the Iron Islands wins

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Due to real life circumstances, update will be at 10:30 AM CDT. I physically cannot do it any sooner than that. Apologies for the delay - hopefully it's the only one this game.

Ampharos

Update

Well, that was anticlimactic. Everyone argued about who to kill, then sat around waiting way too long for the result, and then discovered that due to indecision nobody was selected to die at all!

(This is incorrect, see the post below)

So uh... yea.

Night 1 ends 48 hours from this post. For rizzle.

For clarity's sake:

billymills, ButteredToast, Thetwinmasters, rssp1 (Pidge and Mithril both unvoted before deadline)

moi, Da Letter El, Gale Wing Srock, AOPSUser

I will now tell the faction leaders who they are. Nobody else will be informed of this. The faction leader may choose a target for either himself to kill or for someone else to kill, in which case the person doing the killing must also agree to perform the kill (I would prefer if the agreement and the order were sent at roughly the same time). This is the same system used in vonFiedler's Dragon Mafia, so feel free to bug him about it (or anyone else who played in that game).

Last edited:

Ampharos

Wait JK

God, I'm sorry guys. It's been a long few days.

There was no tie in the lynch. Othell Yarwyck dies.

Dear Othell Yarwyck,
You are Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort, called the Leech Lord. You swear fealty to the King on the Iron Throne.

“A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule.”

You are the head of House Bolton, who have throughout history flip-flopped between being the Starks’ most powerful bannermen and their most treacherous enemies. You yourself are known for your cunning and your well-hidden sociopathy. Though you claim to serve the North, your true loyalty lies with the Iron Throne.

You have carefully covered your tracks, and thus are able to successfully trick bannermen of the kings in the North and in the Narrow Sea that you are one of their own. Any information role targeting you from one of these two factions will receive info based on one of the two following role PMs (specifically, the one corresponding to which faction they belong to):

<snip>

You win if you eliminate the King in the Narrow Sea, the King in the North, the Targaryen Dynasty, and any hostile neutrals.
This was billymills.

Benjen Stark, Gilly, Qorin Halfhand, Thoren Smallwood

Deadline extended to 48 hours after this post to compensate.

Can't stop a billyroll.

Last edited:

Ampharos

Tormund Giantsbane and Tormund Thunderfist are both the same alias. I was half asleep when I finished role PMs so I might use different names in different places. Both are valid when sending actions.

Ampharos

Deadline

And then suddenly there were bodies. George R. R. Martin sends his regards.

The first body belongs to Yoren. He was found charred to a crisp on what appears to have been some sort of sacrificial fire.

Dear Yoren,
You are Brienne of Tarth. You swear fealty to the King in Highgarden.

“In the songs all knights are gallant, all maids are beautiful, and the sun is always shining.”

You are the only daughter of Lord Tarth of the Sapphire Isle, and while ordinarily this would make your marriage prospects numerous, the truth is that your nickname “Brienne the Beauty” is most definitely an ironic one. You look like a man, you fight like a man, and you desire to be a knight like a man, and you are one of the most talented fighters in Westeros, but your unrequited crush on your king Renly Baratheon can be a tad bit distracting.

Each night, you may reply to the host conversation with “Night X - Swear an oath to protect ALIAS”. Any actions targeted at your target that night will hit you instead.

<snip>

You win if you eliminate the King of the Iron Islands, the King of the Narrow Sea, the Targaryen Dynasty, and any hostile neutrals.
Looks like the end of the line for Slim Guldo.

The second and final body is that of Samwell Tarly. He was found washed up on a beach, seemly drowned.

Dear Samwell Tarly,
You are Ser Brynden Tully, called the Blackfish, formerly Knight of the Gate. You swear fealty to the King in the North.

“It is no good hammering your sword into a plowshare if you must forge it again on the morrow.”

You are the younger brother of Lord Hoster Tully and uncle to Edmure, Catelyn, and Lyssa. A seasoned knight, your refusal to marry led to a rift between you and your brother, at which point you took up residence with Lysa as the Knight of the Gate in the vale. As a favor to Catelyn, however, you now act as the head of King Robb’s scouts and one of his chief military advisors.

Each night, you may reply to the host conversation with “Night X - Scout ALIAS’s movements”. As head of Robb’s scouts, you will have your outriders follow your target and see anyone they visit that night, along with what ability they used.

You win if you eliminate the King of the Iron Islands, the King on the Iron Throne, the Targaryen Dynasty, and any hostile neutrals.
This was ButteredToast.

Finally, Alliser Thorne has returned! However, the same pirates have come for Dolorous Edd Tollett. You know the drill - no actions used by him or on him, and his lynch vote doesn't count.

Results going out now. Day 2 ends 48 hours from this post. Aura Guardian has subbed in for rssp1 due to the latter's impending vacation.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, I'm a Targaryen.

Walrein hates us so we're a tiny faction with a 1/2 kill with mediocre roles that don't make up for our numbers in a game where everyone needs us dead. We have no chance of winning if people in this game aren't brain dead. So if you don't want those 1/2 kills used on you - especially the one tonight - don't kill or vote for us and spend time trying to eliminate teams that actually have a chance of beating you, thanks. You're all just going to gang up on us late game if we're still around anyway and you guys aren't stupid, so you might as well prioritize other factions early on. We will take it upon ourselves to kill any and all aliases or teams that attempt to vote or kill us (the kills last night were really obvious and will continue to be; sacrifice is narrow sea with melisandre's voodoo magic, and iron islands are all about the sea) for lack of any better objective this game. Literally all you have to do to avoid our kills is be a faction not on lynch trains that vote us off. Yes factions who decide to ignore this, please give other factions who do not ignore this post an advantage by trying to lynch us. And odds are if a potential ally team is trying to convince you to off us instead of a village at night, it's because they want to ally more strongly with the enemy that you need dead and they don't instead of you. Don't test us and we won't test you.

I am willing to throw my vote behind any cause to people who are reasonable and willing to work with me, as I evidenced yesterday. If you need additional votes or have reasonable cause for a lynch, talk to me. With the probable 7 inspection roles in this game, I'm really not all that afraid of showing my alias or role off to people and can't really lie in this position. And if people are bad enough to waste a kill on our faction instead of a different one then I'll just laugh at you in postgame for letting your actual enemies stay stronger than you. Feel free to inspect me if/once you figure out my alias if you don't believe me. Our team doesn't have a role better than the tracker + inspect that died last night in my and I think in most reasonable people's opinion. Regardless, I am happy to be that neutral tie breaker in votes that would otherwise result in a voting stalemate in a 5 team multifaction game. Be nice and I'll vote with you. moi was being super nice and cute yesterday so I helped him.

If you're leading a faction and want to request our assistance with something else, do not hesitate to contact me. I have a decent bit of information and am willing to make some trades.

Also the neutral(s) should contact me asap if you're lost and need friends. Jon Snow (har har he's got a wolf and he's a wolf even though he doesn't care about being king, very funny Walrein), Jaime Lannister (har har my nickname is the Kingslayer even though nothing about me is neutral), Ramsay Bolton (because he's craaaaazy) and or any other possible neutrals, I'm looking at you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)