Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I actually wanted to rate and planned to do so since I won't be teambuilding anymore for this, but I have been really busy these days, so I won't be able :[ Definitely judging for next round, though.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
WHY NO BODY TRY STICKY WEB??????? I think it's probably one of the most consistent ways for speed control and not one person tried it. Really surprised, jus' saying...
As far as Sticky Web's concerned, it's way too overrated (for me, notably they will use Galvantula) and people have some Pokemon in mind for a Sticky Web team (cf. Mega Blastoise, Chandelure, Honchkrow), although Leavanny, Ariados, and even Shuckle are good candidates.

Experience-wise, it's the effects brought by Paralysis that made us think spamming paralysis-inducing moves would be a better choice.

As far as Sticky Web's concerned, it's way too overrated (for me, notably they will use Galvantula) and people have some Pokemon in mind for a Sticky Web team (cf. Mega Blastoise, Chandelure, Honchkrow), although Leavanny, Ariados, and even Shuckle are good candidates.

Experience-wise, it's the effects brought by Paralysis that made us think spamming paralysis-inducing moves would be a better choice.
Para Spam was probably the most helpful in all the replays. I can't recall any where Tailwind was useful.

But, imo Shuckle > Galvantula as SW user. But, im surprised that not one person tried it though.

Working on my now as we speak...

Edit: All done with my judgement.

And I watched every replay by the way and have one question in mind;

WHY NO BODY TRY STICKY WEB??????? I think it's probably one of the most consistent ways for speed control and not one person tried it. Really surprised, jus' saying...
I mean... I personally partecipated into this round for the lols&creativity points it potentially bring to the table (and seems many others did as well): so why using the most obvious move, which is learnt only by a few, known mons? :P

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 4 Lock on Pory! You should really run gravity though. Protect defog burd is cool. Shaymin having psychic and dazzle is wierd. BD Slowking is an unseen threat which add instant cool points. The sets are unique but the composition is fairly standard.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3 Tailwind on pidgeot is pretty bad alone and even with your team as it is generally fast exept for slowking which is too slow for tail wind anyway. Pory is the exception but is still bad because it could possibly need to set up a lock on or rely on some luck. Trickroom bd takes two turns but can work with the surprise factor. Thunderwave cob aint bad.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 5 Christo got lucky but no sure if it mattered. TW cob saved you in Hairy's match which is AWESOME!! The other two matches were won by team match up witch may happen a lot with your team. It does not fit the meta too well. It relies on paras and the surpise factor a little too heavely to be really effective. I love the team though and will be messing around with drain punch slowking in the future!
Overall: 12

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 4 Roost bee is not bad at all. I see your purpose to it because forry cant be around to take moonblasts. Kingdra makes a return! Grass knot Reuni is rare! I team composition with 2 dragons offensive work great as cleaners and whimi to make sure nothing sets up because you have nothing to set up stat boosts. (I think its encore if not w/e) Team composition is really cool and totally unique!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 5 Kingdra as a cleaner works great as hazards are set up and not spung. You have things to kill defoggers and spinners after an explosion. TR reuni punches holes for either beedrill or kindra to clean up. TAilwind whimmi allows headsmashes or lo kindra to punch massive holes. There is great use to these moves even TR can work with other members on your team.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 7 Weak to chandy which a lot of teams tend to be. Kingra can do a number on it. Aero can give you some trouble if nothing is set up. Stall looks like it can deal with your team though you have some things that may surprise like grass knot for spdef swampert and alalmola I guess. Snorlax can win once reuni is dead oor of it misses two focus blasts. Little nit picks but definitely a threatening team. AWESOME NICKNAMES!!!!
Overall: 16

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Your berries lol! Pretty standard trick room mons but trickroom isn't standard in itself! Nastyplot slowking. Mixed Aboma. Nice little changes but the composition is fairly standard.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4.5 Your team is dead without trick room. You compliment it nicely with bulky offensive cores and berries to cover you weak spots.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 7 There are several pokemon "laws" you are breaking with this team. One is that you don't have anything fast. Nothing. You have no priority no scarfers nothing. Basically you are a sitting duck when TR is not up. You do a very good job of implementing bulky pokemon for switch ins so you don't just get plain out swept by one thing but after a few turns of damage, things open up for your opponent. You also rely on natural bulk a little too much. I see a feraligatr setting up an sd on your ryhperior and it being game. It just seems that what would break stall will beat this team. SD heracross wins! There is just too much dependence on TR.
Overall: 15

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3 Some cool things. Same general idea but with a little twist. You are easy to predict which means you are not all that unoriginal. Iron ball trick whimi is cool!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 You have two fantastic power houses that benefit from tail wind but none are the tail-winders. Niether of them are choiced which takes away from power spam. Meh
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 6 Decent HO team with a speed twist! Your rocks are on the wrong poke as I don't want to waste a turn since most pokes get 2hkod by a head smash. A lot of stall beast SD lucario making your team stall weak. Still great with surprise threats like LO sub chandy and offensive suicune.
Overall: 12.5

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3 Healing wish and tail wind on Shaymin. Mono attacking whimi with pixie plate. Tyrantrum and mag. The rest is pretty original
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3 Tyrantrum and Swampert make excellent sweepers under the tail wind but your team generally is fast. Swampert benefits from SS ofc.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 7 Nice offensive team. You do lack some proper switch ins like entei and special salamence. Fire blast hydregion looks like a problem. Azelf roams freely. Chandy gets shadowballs for days.
Overall: 13

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Wow I really like this team. The sets are original but the composition is very very cool. Acrobats on HO with fross lead and hard stone tyrantrum so cool!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4.5 Speed boost cleaner after spike stack is awesome. Thunder wave the threat to deal with frosslass if great and unexpected. Stunspore whimi opens up doors for tyrantrum.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 6.5 Your team tends to suffer from an individual pokemon walling each of yours. You compliment this well with volt turn and spike stack. Snorlax can be an issue with body slam paras on predict tyrantrum or whimi and it just wins if whimi is dead after 2 curses. Infernape is a suprising weakness. There seems to be a lot of pressure on whimi staying alive. Nice team. Will be using this team with LO sharpedo because its cool.
Overall: 14.5

• RIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 5 Your team is so aids! REgigigas that works.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 5 you totally abused para spam with gigas, machamp, shuffling sally, and specs rotom!
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 8 Your team relys on a little hax but it's effective. Gigas destroys after slow start. Rotom is so hard to switch into. Machamp has assault vest which helps with common threats that endanger your team.
Overall: 18

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 5 Gravity team with zap cannons and eviolite core!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3 Your team is slow so para spam is cool but you made it hard on yourself to even para spam.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 4.5 Too many threats just plain out destroy your team. Your team is slow and your walls can't take a knock off. Likr the team layout though :)

Overall: 12.5

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 4 lol nuzzle raichi and chimchino and all that jazz is fun!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 1 This team has barely to no benefit to running T wave or tailwind. You have some of the fastest mons in the tier and some strong priority. Even the hax from the para does little to benefit you.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 5 There seems to be a lot of pressure on suicune which has no recovery outside lefties. Entei tears through. EQ aero is a major threat. Fun Team!
Overall: 10

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Two mega lololol. Your sets are slightly unoriginal. TR whimi curse aggron cooool.
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 3 Your mons that benefit from TR have to set up to be wall breakers. Tailwind kinda helps out. Stun spore whimi is always cool.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 5 Your team is a jumbled mess of situational sets that cease to coordinate with each other. It looks like a bunch of random mons tbh.
Overall: 11.5

• ORIGINALITY (0-5 POINTS): 3.5 Lead aero and Sd pangoro Dpulse blastoise is cool!
  • USE OF THE THEME (0-5 POINTS): 4 Your lead aero sets up TW and rocks for pangoro and azelf. Glare is cool for letting some of your sweepers set up. I like the team theme.
  • EFFECTIVENESS (0-10 POINTS) 9 This is actually a very cool team. You let it be weak to empoleon but it doesnt matter because you have helio. You have scald switch ins, sweepers, and meta breakers! Definately a threat. Weak to toxicroak but d pulse on blast.
Overall: 16.5

Top rates are
Decision Makers with 16 points!
Yellow Skarmory with 16.5 points!
Euphonos with a wopping 18 points!
Finisimo

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Alright all. I was not able to get scores completed, so huge apologies, but luckily we have two awesome IC judges that stepped in and got shit done. Huge thanks to Patrick1088 and DaSpoofy for judging!

So that means final scores are as follows:
  • 1. Euphonos: 20.25
  • 2. Yellow Skarmory: 18.25
  • 3. Slate.: 17.25
  • 4. Decision Makers: 15
  • 5. Kreme: 14.5
  • 6. Chamaeleon: 12.75
  • 7. vexyyyy: 12.5
  • 7. daedalus1103: 12.5
  • 9. Cloud Cuckooland: 12.25
  • 10. Cnorth26: 11.75
  • 11. Nightingales: 10.5
So, with a HUGE score of 20.25, our winner this round is Euphonos! Congratulations, Euphonos! I'll try to have your trophy done later today.

For our next round, kick back and put on some LMFAO, because:

This round's theme is...

Every Day I'm Shufflin'!

a

For round 6 on Iron Chef, it's time to show off your shuffle! How well can you shuffle around the opposing team, and how can you take advantage of that shuffle?

In order for your dish to qualify this round, you must have at least two moves that force your opponent to switch. For the purposes of this competition, Yawn and Perish Song DO qualify as moves that force switches. Therefore, the following moves will qualify your dish for this round: Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Yawn and Perish Song. In addition, a pokemon carrying the item Red Card qualifies.

(If you believe something should qualify but is not listed here, mention it on thread or PM me and I will consider adding it to this list.)

So who has the best moves this round of Iron Chef? Will any of our contestants have a shuffle that the Iron Chefs just can't keep up with, or will our Iron Chefs prove as adept on the dance floor as they are on the kitchen? Stay tuned for a rockin' round of Iron Chef!

You have just under one week to complete your dishes, PM them to the chairman, and challenge one of our four Iron Chefs on the thread. The deadline for teambuilding and challenges expires Saturday, July 4 at 11:59 PM GMT.

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Haha. Finally.

Again, my shoutout to Lucipurrr for bringing out that Regigigas set that pulled to victory :3

This round puts my creativity juices to the limits once again~

edit: rip Red Card

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
actually did good o-o. also you say round 5, but it's round 6 (or i'm mistaken)
Whoops, good catch. Fixing now.

Also, I've had some requests that Red Card be added as a way of fulfilling the requirements this round. Anyone have any strong feelings on this? If not, I'll go ahead and add it.

I've lost vs LilOU as well http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-245079609

I'd like to retire and judge, for this round: I think I made a good team that just got 2 bad matchups - besides, in both cases I got haxed a bit (maybe not crucial, but still it would have helped to make a better impression overall) - and I don't want once again to get like 3 points in viability 'cause of these poor performances. Hence I ask to judge, if possible (or to just retire, I don't really know if I would have the time to do this, I'm under exams).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)