The Most Uber Tournament Ever III - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

M.U.T.E. III
Introduction (written by yohoE)

Welcome all to the 3rd edition of the Most UBER Tournament Ever, also known as MUTE. This tournament will be co-hosted by Fireburn and yohoE.

Ubers is a tier where only the manliest, most based Pokemon reside. Pokemon such as the behemoth, Primal-Groudon; Pokemon like the bloodcurdling Mega-Salamence. You see, there are no counters in Ubers, and there are close to no safe switch-ins. In Ubers, you always have to assess your situation; you always have to think about which Pokemon you don't need, and which Pokemon will bring you the win. This Tier is as fast-paced as they come; this Tier is as team-reliant as it comes. As stated in former MUTE Tournaments, our Tier, sadly, is not getting the attention and love it deserves. In the words of the great Furai, it's time to give Ubers the love it deserves. We will be rekindling arguably the best Ubers tournament ever created, hosted originally by some of the all-time Ubers greats such as Bojangles, Hugendugen, Zephyr, Furai and Firemage: THE MOST UBER TOURNAMENT EVER!

General Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
  • Standard ORAS Ubers
  • Single Elimination
  • Species Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Swagger Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Matches should be conducted on Pokemon Showdown! You may play on Pokemon Online if both players agree to do so.
  • Save replays of your games in case of discrepancies!

Special Rules:

• This will be a team tournament akin to Team Trials. They will be teams of 5. We will have 16 teams, chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
    • Everybody on the team must confirm
    • Come up with an awesome name
    • For those who do not have a team, I will be keeping a list of “free agents” so go ahead and express interest! I will not be making teams though, so it is your responsibility to seek out other free agents.
    • IMPORTANT: When you sign up as a team, each member will be randomly assigned to be in a Division (A-E are possibilities). When teams play each other, people will play the corresponding player in their division. The restrictions will be given by division as well. YOU MAY NOT CHANGE DIVISIONS.
  • Every round, each division will be given a teambuilding restriction. You obviously must follow this.
    • Round 1 - Players will be given a Pokemon they are required to use and a Pokemon they are not allowed to use. The one that you're required to use must be on your team, but you don't have to build around it.
    • Round 2 - Players are given two types, such as Poison and Rock, and must choose a Pokemon of each type to be used on their team. Arceus formes do not count towards satisfying this requirement.
    • Round 3 - Players will be given a core, consisting 3 Pokemon, they must use.
    • Round 4 – Players will be given an item, a type of item, a move, or a type of move that they are not allowed to use.
  • Yes, this means you are building a new team every round. I still expect people to adhere to strict deadlines.
  • Build your teams with your team!
  • YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN

Round 3 Restrictions

Players will be given a core, consisting of 3 Pokemon, they must use. They must use the forme listed, if the Pokemon has multiple formes available.

Must use Primal Groudon, Reshiram, and Mega Blaziken.

Must use Primal Kyogre, Palkia, and Genesect.

Must use Latias, Mega Lucario, and Yveltal.

Must use Cloyster, Mega Lopunny, and Dialga.

Must use Giratina-Origin, Mega Metagross, and Arceus-Fairy.

Pairings:

Haruno and Four People Who Don't Play Ubers vs Defiant Gods
A: Tricking vs Astounded
B: Can-Eh-Dian vs Safes
C: shrop05 vs WreckDra
D: Lasagne vs D4RR3N
E: Haruno vs Lord Outrage

two salt shakers and the spice cabinet vs fat orch will quash all competition
A: haxiom vs malefic
B: Thugly Duckling vs orch
C: absdaddy vs Level 56
D: Haunted Diamond vs hyw
E: kingmidas vs ZoroarkForever

Deadline is June 30th at 11:59 EST.

Johning will not be tolerated in this tournament and it only hurts your team - I will not be giving extensions for any reason. Please get your matches done on time and save replays!

Good luck to all teams! Hit up #ubers on SynIRC if you have questions about the Ubers metagame!

Last edited:
Haruno and Four People Who Don't Play Ubers vs Defiant Gods

two salt shakers and the spice cabinet vs fat orch will quash all competition
A: haxiom vs malefic
B: Thugly Duckling vs orch
C: absdaddy vs Level 56
D: Haunted Diamond vs hyw
E: kingmidas vs ZoroarkForever

absdaddy

Banned deucer.

oh no we're against my baby orch, I'm heartbroken.. L56 contacted me and we're probably gonna play somewhere in the middle of the week. let's get it girls!

good to have lucario division again

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I had it with Lugia up until the second to last turn. Yvelta didn't have any of it and just crit its way through Lugia. The rest of the game was a gg though. The cast of one of film wonders of the world was present.

Edit: I am very glad i ignore specs and close all public rooms when I play rofl.

Last edited:
+2 252+ Atk Earth Plate Arceus-Ground Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Primal Kyogre: 313-370 (77.6 - 91.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

WooOOO
lost gg

hyw

Banned deucer.
Haunted Diamond and I agreed to play at 12 PM my time. We originally planned to play at 11 AM but he posted a VM at 3 AM saying he can't do 11 but 12. I came online at 11:07 and waited until 1:07. I would like to ask for an activity since I won't be free for the rest of the week.

Haunted Diamond and I agreed to play at 12 PM my time. We originally planned to play at 11 AM but he posted a VM at 3 AM saying he can't do 11 but 12. I came online at 11:07 and waited until 1:07. I would like to ask for an activity since I won't be free for the rest of the week.
it's not like we had scheduled last week, we did it yesterday. it's not my fault that we have such a big time difference. My schedule is pretty free till tuesday so we can find a time to fight.

I hate to do this, but claiming activity
My opp missed our scheduled time yday and we've not been able to play today (he proposed a time I couldn't make, my counterproposal didn't get an answer).

km didn't attempt to contact zf, and zf is out for a vacation atm. before the vacation, zf was very active and had ample time to fight km. requesting activity for zoroarkforever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)