ORAS OU Looney Tunes frens

Looney Tunes Frens

Introducktion
I've always been a huge fan of Porygon2 because of it's cool design. I mean come on, who doesn't love a virtual Pokemon slaying duck? Apart from it's sexy design (good job Game Freak), it possess insane bulk with an Eviolite, reliable recovery, and access to status moves. I decided to build a stall team with the based duck so thus, the Looney Tunes squad was born.

As stated in the introduction, I started off with Porygon2 because of its great bulk and utility.

Porygon2 really struggles with setup sweepers, as well as fighting types. It also hates status moves, so Unaware Clefable with Heal Bell was put on the team to help Pory out with these weaknesses.

At this point, I noticed a glaring Bisharp weakness. Mega Sableye was added to deal with Bisharp as well as come in on Knock Off and status moves for Porygon2.

I still did not have a stealth rock setter because I chose to make Clef my wish passer. I also had nothing for opposing Clefable, the Zards, and Talonflame. Heatran was the perfect poke in this situation, so I happily added him onto da squad.

I slapped Rest Talk Gyara onto the team to switch in on key physical threats as well as Keldeo.

With only one team slot, I still had to check a bunch of pokes, including ttar, azumarill, mega gyara, and hippo. Luckily, Ferrothorn deals with these pokes reasonably well, so he was added as the last Poke.

In Depth

"If there's a pest in your nest, we'll remove it with zest."

Daffy Duck (
Porygon2) @

Ability: Trace | Calm Nature
248 HP | 198 Def | 56 SpD | 8 Spe

• Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Recover
  • Toxic
Set Details: Trace is a great ability that helps Porygon2 match up better against Pokes it normally would have trouble with, such as Heatran. The HP and 204 Def EVs allow Pory to live 2 Earthquake's from Life Orb Excadrill. The 8 Speed EVs are there to creep support ttar, clefable, and empoleon. The rest of the EVs and the Calm Nature give the duck some special bulk. Eviolite is the item that makes it such a bulky Pokemon, boosting its Defense and Special Defense by 50%. BoltBeam gives almost perfect coverage and allows Porygon2 to have some offensive presence. Recover is super useful, replenishing 1/2 of its health while Toxic helps it wear down opposing mons.

Role: Porygon2's role on this team is the mixed wall. It is responsible for being the main switch in against offensive mons like Altaria and the Lati twins.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 56+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 165-195 (44.2 - 52.2%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO
+1 192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 204 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 178-211 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Mega Altaria Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 56+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 124-147 (33.1 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

:
Gyarados, Clefable, Mega Sableye
[/hide]

"Th-Th-Th- That's all folks!"

Porky Pig (Clefable) @

Ability: Unaware | Bold Nature
248 HP | 252 Def | 8 SpD

• Moonblast
  • Wish
  • Protect
  • Heal Bell
Set Details: Unaware allows Clefable to take on setup sweepers with ease, particularly Mega Sableye, Mega Altaria, CM Keldeo, and Mega Lopunny. Standard EV spread with Bold Nature maximizes Clefables defense and minimizes stealth rock damage. Leftovers is essential and can make the difference between a 2HKO and a 3HKO when used in tandem with protect. Wish/protect combo acts as a substitute for Soft-Boiled while allowing it to pass health off to it's teammates. Heal Bell helps clear annoying status that all stall teams hate while Moonblast is a solid STAB move to not make Clef as passive.

Role: Clefable has the very important role as the wish passer and cleric on the team. Clef also switches into Thundurus-T, Mega Manectric, and in general any mon that has a boost. It is important for Clefable to remain healthy throughout the match as Heatran and Ferrothorn have no recovery barring leftovers while Gyarados' Rest can be unreliable.

4 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Scald vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Clefable: 142-168 (36.1 - 42.7%) -- 95.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 153-180 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

: Heatran, Ferrothorn, Gyarados
:
Heatran, Ferrothorn, Sableye

"Rabbits."

Tasmanian Devil (Mega Sableye) @

Ability: Magic Bounce | Bold Nature
252 HP | 252 Def | 4 SpD

• Calm Mind
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Recover
  • Shadow Ball
Set Details: Having Prankster before Mega Evolution allows Sableye to burn faster pokemon. Sableye can also utilize Prankster before evolving to setup a quick Calm Mind. Magic Bounce is an excellent ability, it bounces back hazards, phazing moves, and keeps away status, making sweeping easier. Standard EVs, max HP and defense with a Bold Nature to tank physical hits. Calm Mind makes Sableye a threatening sweeper, as it does not give a fuck about phazing or status moves due to Magic Bounce. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, recover gives Sableye longevity, and Shadow Ball is the chosen attacking move because it hits fairies for neutral damage.
Role: Mega Sableye acts as the wincon for the team. It is very hard to stop once it gets a few CMs, because it cannot be taunted, phazed, or hit with a status condition. Sableye is also used to stop physical attackers in their tracks with Will-O-Wisp and it's good defenses. Sableye also acts as the main Bisharp/Knock Off situation and status absorber, things that would otherwise cripple this team.

: Heatran, Ferrothorn

"Hello my baby, hello my honey, hello my ragtime gal."

Michigan J. Frog (Heatran) @

Ability: Flash Fire | Bold Nature
252 HP | 188 SpD | 68 Spe

• Stealth Rock
    • Toxic
    • Lava Plume
    • Taunt
Set Details: Flash Fire allows Heatran to switch in on Fire type attacks and gain a Special Attack boost. Max HP and 188 Special Defense gives Heatran the ability to tank hits from some of the premier Special Attackers in the tier. The 68 Speed EVs outpaces Suicune, Venusaur, and Mandibuzz which is important because I'm running taunt. Stealth Rocks is standard, and puts pressure on the opposing team and racks up damage nicely. Toxic and taunt help against opposing stall, building up residual damage and stopping the opposing teams from setting up hazards or using status moves respectively. Lava Plume has a nice 30% burn chance as well as STAB which makes it a good move.
Role: Heatran acts as the special wall of the team as well as the hazard setter. It is also my Zard X and Y switch in, however, it fears EQ from Zard X. This goes for any attacker that Heatran walls barring a ground coverage move. Heatran is also the only answer I have for Clefable, seeing as everyone else on the team is beaten barring my own Clef, which can't do much to opposing Clefable. Heatran takes jack shit from any attack from Clefable, Moonblast does 22% maximum when Clefable is at +6! I can then proceed to wear it down with lava plume and taunt, slowly but surely.
: Clefable, Gyarados, Mega Sableye
: Gyarados
: Gyarados, Ferrothorn

"i taught i taw a putty tat!"

Tweety Bird (Gyarados) @

Ability: Intimidate | Careful Nature252 SpD | 248 HP | 8 Spe
  • Waterfall
  • Dragon Tail
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
Set Details: Intimidate is an excellent ability, dropping the opposing Pokemon's stat by 1 stage on switch in. The EVs and Serious Nature give Gyarados maximum Special Bulk to take hits from special attacks better, mainly Keldeo. Waterfall is a strong STAB move with a nifty 20% to flinch. Dragon Tail shuffles around Pokemon to rack up residual damage from hazards, and Rest Talk provides recovery and gives Gyarados a chance to move while asleep.
Role: Gyarados acts as a pivot into fighting type and water type attacks Heatran struggles with. Gyarados is my only check to Keldeo and Excadrill (though it fears rock slide), and helps patches up weaknesses its teammates struggle with.
: Ferrothorn
: Ferrothorn

"Well, back to the old drawing board."

Marvin the Martian (Ferrothorn) @

Ability: Iron Barbs | Relaxed Nature252 HP | 168 SpD | 88 Def
  • Gyro Ball
  • Spikes
  • Power Whip
  • Leech Seed
Set Details: Iron Barbs racks up damage against physical attackers. The EVs give Ferrothorn mixed bulk, and increases the power of Gyro Ball. Leech Seed is an excellent utility moves and forces the opposing poke to switch out or use a recovery move. Power Whip is important for hitting the many grass types in the tier, and Gyro Ball does decent damage to anything that does not resist it. Spikes is very good against offensive teams, even just having one layer puts immense pressure on them when used with stealth rock.
Role: Ferrothorn is the glue of team, taking care of the many water type pokemon that would otherwise haunt this team. Keldeo, Azumarill (Knock off variant), Slowbro, Mega Diancie, Mega Gyarados, ttar, and Hippo are among the pokes that Ferrothorn checks.
: Gyarados, Heatran
: Gyarados, Mega Sableye, Clefable

Red: serious thret | Orange: thret
S Rank:

S Rank
Walled by Porygon2, Clefable, and Ferrothorn. Heatran can stop non EQ variants.
DD variant very dangerous, Gyarados can come in and intimidate but it doesn't like taking Dragon STAB.
Heatran completely walls this thing end of story
Ferrothorn and Gyarados can both switch in, though Ferro is hit hard by Hammer Arm variants.
A Rank:
A+ Rank
Ferrothorn is my only switch in against this, but if it has superpower I'm basically fucked. BD sets can be dealt with by Clefable and Ferrothorn though.
Sableye and Heatran can switch in comfortably, Heatran has to watch out for Low Kick though.
Ferrothorn is the safest switch in, Clefable and Porygon2 can also come in on it but DStorm hurts.
Gyarados is the best switch in for this, Life Orb is the worst possible matchup as rock slide will do a dick load to Gyara. Porygon2 can also switch in but it'll take a lot.
All variants handled by Ferro, Gyara, or Clef.
Sableye and Gyarados can deal with this nicely.
A scary poke, but Ferro keeps in check.
Shut down by Gyara and Porygon, defensive set is dealt with by the former two as well as Sableye.
Gyara can only come in on this so many times, may have to sac something to prevent Gyara from getting worn down. Clefable beats scarf variant and can take a hit from unboosted CM Keldeo but specs shits all over clef.
Offensive variant can be a bit of trouble, but otherwise clef, sableye, ferro, and gyara can stop it.
Gyara and Clefable can switch in and do heavy damage back.
Absolutely shit on by Porygon2 and Clef, heatran and ferro also beat it unless it's carrying EQ or HP fire respectively.
Clefable is my best bet against this, Gyara and ferro can also come in but tail glow can be a problem against the latter two.
Clefable and Heatran beat this easily
Sableye can come in and burn it, Gyarados can drop an intimidate on it. Heatran can also come in but it fears superpower.
Heatran is my best answer to this, clefable can switch in once but is force to softboiled after if facing band.
Clefable shuts this down with Unaware + Heal Bell if it decides to Twave
Gyarados is the only thing I have but it can't switch in, have to sac something if it comes in.
A Rank
Sableye can take a hit and threaten back with a Shadow Ball
Heatran and Gyarados can both switch in, although focus blast hurts heatran
Heatran straight up shuts this down, KOs with plume and takes nothing from it's STAB attacks
Ferro takes big damage from FBlast, but can KO back with gyro ball.
Gyarados and Clefable shut down all variants.
Ferrothorn can come in comfortably and can setup spikes/leech seed or smack it with power whip
See Latios
See Latios
Clefable and Heatran counter.
Ferrothorn doesn't appreciate will o, but it can still beat it. Clefable and Porygon2 also wall it.
Heatran and Porygon2 are good switch ins that can deal great damage to this.
Ferrothorn and Porygon2 beat this.
Ferrothorn has to watch out for reflect type, Sableye and Porygon2 can come in comfortably
Ferrothorn takes any hit and threatens back with Gyro Ball
Sableye can take this down, Porygon2 can switch in but can't do anything to it
Clefable, Gyarados, and Porygon2 can take hits, threaten back with an attack, knock off cripples porygon tho
A- Rank
Porygon2, Sableye, Ferrothorn stop this
Sableye the real mvp
Sableye, Heatran, Ferrothorn switch in and can go to work
Clefable, Ferrothorn, Porygon2 handle this well
Sableye, Heatran, Porygon2 shut down all variants, sub toxic is annoying for porygon2 tho
Heatran does work against this, twave could b a problem tho
Clefable and Ferrothorn can switch in comfortably and whack it hard with an attack
Stallbreaker is stopped by Sableye, heatran doesn't really mind it either
This thing is scary, i can't let it setup, gyara needs to switch in early or sableye needs to get a burn off

Rain is p hard to play against, politoed in particular can't do anything to sableye or clefable tho
Porygon2 and ferro can switch in, gotta watch out for aura sphere specs tho
Heatran and Ferro can tank hits and proceed to set up hazards or smack it
Clefable has unaware to shut it down, sableye beats it in cm war
Heatran and Gyara are counters to this thing even after it has a quiver up
B Rank
B+ Rank
Annoying ass mushroom, nothing switches in but if I get tran/clef/sableye in safely I can rek it

annoying ass bunny, nothing switches in but if I can get ferrothorn safely in it can do work

Ferrothorn and Heatran are the best switch ins, just can't get bopped by fblast
ded by clef and ferrothorn
clef, sableye, and gyara all switch in and bop it
same as above cept sableye can't switch in
porygon2 and clef are great against this, pory scared of fblast tho
porygon2 and ferro deal with this
see above ^
heatran stops this, sableye is kind of a switch in
porygon2 and ferro deal wit this with ease
sableye the only safe switch in, gyara does not like zenheadbutt
clef has unaware, sableye the better cm user
porygon2 and gyara beat it
sableye has to setup some cms to beat it, porygon2 can also come in
clef and ferro
ferro and pory fear superpower, other than that they can handle it
sableye can come in and burn it, or setup cm
all variants beat by tran, scarf and defensive also beat by clef and ferro but latter two lose to nasty plot
this thing a thret, gyara needs to come in and intimidate, or heatran needs to tank a hit

B Rank
i lead with sableye if I see this in team preview, it eats it for breakfast
ferrothorn, sableye
uh just pound it with gyara or ferro
clef, ferro can switch in and ohko
ferro can take this, so can porygon2
literally rekt by everyone on the team barring heatran
porygon2 and clef drool when they see this
nothing "switches in" cept sableye who can beat it
clef, sableye, and gyara bop it
ferrothorn
ferrothorn bops it and takes any hit
clef, heatran, pory and ferro can deal wit this
sableye the only real safe switchin, superpower bops heatran and ferro
ferro beats this, clef and pory aren't switch ins but can win 1v1
this thing is really annoying, walls p much evrithing, gotta use sableye and burn it but scald could burn 2
ferro the only switch in but apart from that ferro p much destroys it
heatran and clef can beat this
B- Rank
heatran, sableye, porygon2
heatran, sableye
heatran, sableye, clefable
clefable, sableye, i made the mistake of burning it once i got swept by it after
ferrothorn ohko's it with power whip, sableye also deals with it
heatran and gyara is my best bet against this dangerous dog
gyara wins 1v1, clef can take a hit
sableye and gyarados take any hit
clefable can come in and do it's thing, porygon2 also a solid option
heatran and ferro easily win against this
heatran and ferro take nothing from this, and can setup hazards or ko back
sableye deals with this
ferrothorn walls this completely, gyro ball threatens it

daffy duck (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Toxic

porky pig (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

T DEVIL (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

michigan j (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Taunt

tweety bird (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

marvin (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Spikes

Closing Statements:
This team was super fun to make for some reason, maybe because I was using my favorite pokemon. I spent a lot of time on this RMT, I would appreciate if y'all could give me some feedback and criticism. Thanks everyone and have a great day!

Last edited:
Reactions: EV
Hey dude,
Cool team you got here I agree with Charilax, very well made RMT. Now onto the pokemon, It breaks my heart to destroy the Looney Tunes theme of the team so I really want to leave everything as it is, but this team gets hammered by Mega Gardevoir, the only thing that can even hope to switch in on it is Porygon2 and even that gets 2HKO'd, if you want a check to it i would suggest SDef Skarmory > Porygon 2 I mean Skarmory is kind of a duck right... anyway I know that you said in the intro that Porygon was your inspiration for making the team so I understand if you don't wanna change it. Also just a minor note on your Heatran set you have a Bold nature which is +Def -Atk, this is ok if that's what you were going for but I assume you are looking for Calm, which is +SDef -Atk. Anyway here's the Skarm set. (sorry I don't know how to do that fancy show/hide stuff)
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

I think this is a great mon for your team as not only does it check Garde but it also racks up a ton of hazard damage with Whirlwind. As I look through your threatlist it also helps with a lot of other mons you seem to struggle with such as Pinsir, Torn-T, and Azu. also if you have any replays of battles you had that would be great so people could see how the team works. Anyway hope I helped and happy laddering :^)

Hey dude,
Cool team you got here I agree with Charilax, very well made RMT. Now onto the pokemon, It breaks my heart to destroy the Looney Tunes theme of the team so I really want to leave everything as it is, but this team gets hammered by Mega Gardevoir, the only thing that can even hope to switch in on it is Porygon2 and even that gets 2HKO'd, if you want a check to it i would suggest SDef Skarmory > Porygon 2 I mean Skarmory is kind of a duck right... anyway I know that you said in the intro that Porygon was your inspiration for making the team so I understand if you don't wanna change it. Also just a minor note on your Heatran set you have a Bold nature which is +Def -Atk, this is ok if that's what you were going for but I assume you are looking for Calm, which is +SDef -Atk. Anyway here's the Skarm set. (sorry I don't know how to do that fancy show/hide stuff)
Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

I think this is a great mon for your team as not only does it check Garde but it also racks up a ton of hazard damage with Whirlwind. As I look through your threatlist it also helps with a lot of other mons you seem to struggle with such as Pinsir, Torn-T, and Azu. also if you have any replays of battles you had that would be great so people could see how the team works. Anyway hope I helped and happy laddering :^)
Bro use [.hide=set] the set for ex-skarm@leftovers[/hide]<<< the close tag
Skarm will probably remove fairies from threat list but probs put a few in the threat list u know
Btw nice rate :]

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The team looks pretty watertight overall, there really aren't many changes that need to be done. I agree that SpD Skarmory would be a good pick on your team, since it helps you deal with both Mega Gardevoir and LO Superpower Tornadus-T which can be quite annoying to deal with, but I think you should run it over Ferrothorn instead of Porygon2 since it overalps a lot with Ferrothorn in terms of what it checks. I also think it should run Defog, even though you do have Mega Sableye, it's not guaranteed to remove hazards, for example if the opponent has a SR setter that beats Sableye; or manages to force it out turn 1, go to a SRer and get rocks up, that can really compromise Gyarados's abilities to swicth in. If you're not concerned about that though, feel free to run Spikes on it like you do on Ferrothorn

However, Mega Gardevoir can 2HKO even specially defensive Skarmory with Focus Blast, so it's not that reliable a swicthin to it. If you want a better answer to Mega Gardevoir, Jirachi works very well, and fits quite nicely over Heatran. It also provides you with a secondary wishpasser, and a better check to Thundurus and Tornadus-T.

The big problem with this is that it makes you weaker to Bisharp, already a huge threat to your team, as well as Charizard-X and Talonflame. You also may want to have another SRer since, though Jirachi can run SR, Hippowdon works pretty well over Ferrothorn in that case, taking care of offensive Fires too, as well as THundurus which can be very threatetning for your team to handle, especially mixed variants. However, this leaves you without a hazard remover, and weak to Banded Azumarill (though you can still play around it quite easily. You can also opt for Physically Defensive Defog Skarmory instead of Ferrothorn, but this makes you weaker to the aformentioned Talonflame, Charizard-X and Thundurus, which means you put a lot of pressure on Gyarados to check these Fire-types, and on Jirachi and Clefable to handle Thundurus. It also can't fit SR on its set as easily.

Finally, just a small detail, but I would run a more mixed defensive spread on MGyarados to take on Talonflame, Charizard-X, Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny better.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Defog / Spikes

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet / Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Counter / Brave Bird
- Whirlwind / Stealth Rock
- Defog / Spikes

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam / Stealth Rock

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force / Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Toxic / Whirlwind

tweety bird (Gyarados) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

I agree, after playing a few more matches I ran into Mega Gard a lot more and it absolutely tore me apart. I ended up having to switch into Pory but had to recover every time I switched in and ended up getting worn down really quick. I'll try all the changes you two suggested, thanks Albacore and janco frames!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)