Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kinda surprised im not seeing too many shuckle/sticky web cores here, so ill just go ahead and post my own supported offensive core

Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt
gardesprite.gif
Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
bisharp.gif
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Rock Tomb
- Encore
dont.jpg
shuckle has one job, sticky web. mental herb ensures you can use it through taunt, then rock tomb slows down their lead, toxic and encore screws anything that tries to setup on shuckle

gardevoir is the main sweeper of the core, and works amazingly well with the web support. pixelate hyper voice basically wrecks everything while focus blast handles steel and psyshock handles special walls such as chansey, taunt ruins any kind of setup from mons like ferrothorn or non-mega sableye

bisharp works very well as a late game or a backup plan, if they lead a magic bouncer such as sableye, having webs on your side of the field actually helps by giving bisharp a free +2, and sucker punch can take down a lot of threats, additionaly, black glasses gives more power to most of bisharps moveset without LO recoil. 52 sp.def evs also allow bisharp to survive hp fire from LO latios

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 52 SpD Bisharp: 213-252 (78.5 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

this core runs really well with priority that can handle flying types immune to sticky web, such as a weavile for lando/thundurus/tornadus

Yo, I'm new to this thread so forgive me if I make some type of mistake :[

Anyways, the core I'm going to present is Tyranitar+Mega Camerupt+Celebi.

The core's idea is pretty simple.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar's main job is to get rid of the Lati twins, the two being one of the best Mega Camerupt counters. Once one of the Lati's are gone for the opposing team, Mega Camerupt (for the most part) can pick up a kill everytime it comes in. Physically defensive TTar can also take out Dragonite and Charizard-X even after DDance boosts, making Mega Camerupt's job even easier.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Rock Polish

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Flash Cannon

Mega Camerupt is the potential sweeper (against bulkier playstyles such as balanced with slow offense or bulky offense) for this core. After being passed CM's/Nasty Plots from Celebi, this thing can be dangerous to a lot of bulkier teams. Some teams flat out lose if this mon gets a NP/CM pass + a Rock Polish. Even without a NP/Calm Mind boost, as long as Tyranitar and Celebi have fulfilled their roles getting rid of Camerupt's true counters, if this thing gets a free switch in, it can pick up a kill on the mon it's in/on the switch and then switch out. Any Camerupt set that's used without Rock Polish can have a bulkier spread and run Flash Cannon, making it possible to beat Clefable's after their Calm Minds more reliably after getting boosts yourself (Fire Blast being able to miss and pp easier to stall out) from the CM/NP pass.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 24 Def / 210 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind / Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball / Psychic
- Baton Pass

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 140 Def / 92 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind / Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Giga Drain / Energy Ball / Psychic
- Baton Pass

Celebi's job is just to deal with Rotom-W to weaken it/take it out, since Rotom-W obviously gives Mega Camerupt problems. Celebi also passes NP/CM boosts to Mega Camerupt, possibly forcing the opponent to sack to it if Camerupt gets a free/good switch in after the Baton Pass.

Anyways, feel free to use the core. Obviously, the core doesn't deal with everything defensively, so make sure if you use to team to try to patch up the weaknesses well with the remaining 3 Pokemon.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Yo, whats up everybody. I'm back with another core, a Mega Banette Core! I present to you Haunted Dragon ft. Mega Banette and Hydreigon.
(5th Gen Sprites are cool)
Phantom Puppet (Banette-Mega) @ Banettite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Gunk Shot
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak/Shadow Claw

Hail Hydra (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast/Flamethower
- Tailwind

If you know me, you knew another Mega Banette Core was coming. Mega Banette has a amazingly High Attack Stat is quite underrated. With Gunk Shot it can OHKO Clefable as I said last time. Making it easier for Hydreigon to destroy the opponents team. Fire Blast on Hydreigon lets it able kill Ferrothorn and other steel types that wall Mega Banette, but if you are afraid of missing, replace it with Flamethower. If you looked at the movesets you might have seen Tailwind on Hydreigon and I know what your thinking. "Hydreigon with Tailwind? You gotta be kidding me. He's joking right?" Well its not all 100% bad as it sounds. Tailwind lets you double your speed for 4 turns on your side. This gives Mega Banette with Adamant Nature, 372 Speed making able to kill anything that has 350 Speed, if you haven't said "Damn" yet I don't know what will. I hope you have fun using this Destructive Core, and have a nice day ^_^

Good Partners
Steel/Poison Types (If still worried about Faries)
Fairy Types (For Mega Banette's weakness to Dark and Hydreigon's weakness to Dragon)
Anything that kills Heatran (Optional: Earth Power>Fire Blast or Tailwind on Hydreigon, but I prefer not to)

I'm fairly new, so this might not be a thing, but I'd like to try and nominate an offensive core anyway:

+

These two Pokemon share some common checks and counters (namely bulky Grass types like Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, Chesnaught, and Breloom sort of, bulky Fairy types like Clefable and Mega Altaria, and bulky Waters like Suicune, Rotom-W and Azumarill), so one can weaken said checks for the other one to eventually break through (usually tho, Keldeo is the one doing the "wearing down"). On the other hand, Mega Gyarados can break most Psychic types like Lati@s, Slowbro and Celebi for Keldeo, while Keldeo can beat up on some physically bulky checks to Mega Gyarados like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Mandibuzz.

Mega Gyarados:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang / Earthquake / Substitute / Taunt / Bounce

The key things here are Jolly, DD and 2 STABs. The 4th move is kinda up for grabs. Ice Fang is a pretty good here to hit Grass and Dragon, pressuring them further for Keldeo (it's Gyarados' most effective move against Mega Venusaur, as Gyarados ignores Thick Fat; other notable targets include Dragonite -- which is also something Keldeo would appreciate removed/weakened -- and Tankchomp, reducing the residual damage that we take). Earthquake has neutral coverage on opposing Keldeo and nails Rotom-W. Substitute protects Gyarados from revenge killers, status/Leech Seed, Intimidate drops etc. and it's really good. The last two are kinda niche options: Taunt goes through Magic Bounce, which can be handy in tough situations, while Bounce takes advantage of the fact that Gyarados doesn't have to Mega Evolve right away and hits those Grass types.

Keldeo:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Flying]

For the purpose of this core, I think HP Flying is the necessary 4th move (unless Gyarados runs Bounce). It 2HKOs Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, and cleanly OHKOs Chesnaught and Breloom. If Choice locking HP Flying seems risky, then simply forcing these switch-ins to take repeated Scalds is a good and safe way of wearing them down for Gyarados to break through later. Indeed, nothing in the above "common checks" list enjoys Scald burns, except Magic Guard Clefable, which is 2HKOed by Hydro Pump and +1 Waterfall.

Good Partners

Entry hazard support: the nature of this core is to force things to switch in and soften them. Entry hazards aid in this process greatly. Garchomp is a notable SR user who also handles physical revenge killers like Talonflame and Conkeldurr. Klefki is a good Spikes setter, as it sponges the common Fairy weakness, and its Prankster Thunder Wave is also valuable, since neither Keldeo nor Gyarados is very fast. Bulky Excadrill can also provide Rapid Spin support and patch a common Fairy weakness.

Checks to fast Electric types: Thundurus, Raikou and Mega Manectric trouble this core immensely. Latias is notable in checking them while providing Defog and/or Healing Wish support (either will help in addressing Gyarados' vulnerability of getting worn down). Heatran is a more defensive option, but switches into the aforementioned Electric types, as well as the core's other checks like Grass types and Fairy types, a lot more safely and reliably (while also providing SR depending on the set).

I'd like to introduce a duo that, in my opinion, is a nightmare in battle! They will kill everything that moves!

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Pretty self explanatory! Mega Metagross pretty much maims anything that doesn't resist it's attacks! With respectable bulk, this thing is near impossible to OHKO and with 110 speed, this thing can potentially outpace the Lati twins, mega gallade and anything else that falls under that speed tier.
Meteor mash is for STAB and a nice chance at getting an attack boost and coupled with tough claws...shit gets fucked! :P
Zen headbutt is to smash any fighting types that try to stand face with Mega metagross and that gets boosted by tough claws!
Ice punch, for the likes of Garchomp, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Dragonite, etc. and gets a nice tough claws boost as well! ;]
Bullet punch for tough claws boosted priority! ;]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

This thing hasn't lost it's fighting edge, I don't give a damn about it's 4x fairy weakness! When this thing hits the field, it's GAME TIME! Having 2 immunities and 6 key resists, this thing is an asset offensively and defensively for Mega metagross, I will get into that after this! :]
draco meteor, drop a draco like PokeaimMD and crush souls! Life Orb boosted too!
Dark Pulse for secondary Stab with life orb is dangerous!
Fire blast, bye bye ferrothorn and scizor! Life orb boosted ;]
Superpower, hahaha! THIS is what makes Hydreigon dangerous! Think Tyranitar or heatran can tank up special hits? How about answering to a life orb boosted Superpower that crushes you? ;]

So, let's get into defenses for a minute. Hydreigon has a 4x weakness to fairy types, right? Mega Metagross tanks those all day!
Ice and dragon type moves are baby food for Mega metagross, just let me take these real quick! Yum! :]
Mega Metagross hates ground, fire, dark and ghost type moves..but hydreigon covers those real nice!

This is just a small taste of my favorite team competitively and sentimentally, please rate this core honestly :]

Hey that's a nice core, but sorry it's already been posted http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-12#post-5997144

It's in the OP so you should probably check that next time before posting a core just to make sure.
Noooooooooooooooo! :'[ (lays in a broken pile of scrap) lol just kidding! I haven't read through all of the posts so I ended up missing that XD It's a solid core and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that :P

I've been playing around with this offense core. The basic idea is to absolutely terrorize any playstyle.
+

Mega alakazam + Kyurem-Black core

Mega alakazam is a ridiculously fast pokemon that terrorizes offense and HO with it's excellent 175 special attack and 150 speed. Kyurem black terrorizes balance and stall, being one of the most fearsome wallbreakers in OU.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball/dazzling gleam
- Substitute

Normal mega alakazam spread, simple and deadly. I chose psychic over psyshock to hit things much harder, and focus blast and shadow ball are both excellent coverage moves for mega zam. Alternatively, you can run dazzling gleam to hit mega sableye harder, though be warned that it does only 56%-66% to utility mega sabe. Substitute is used to block status users from thunder waving it, such as T wave celebi, slowbro, etc, and gives Zam a fighting chance against bisharp. Timid is chosen to outspeed jolly mega loppunny and mega manectric. Taunt is a nice option if you wish to add another stall breaker to the team.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The EV spread allows kyurem-black to outspeed positive natured base 80s, the remaining is dumped in special attack to power up its moves and the rest is dumped to attack to increase the power of fusion bolt. Rash nature is chosen because most priority attacks that kyu-b want to handle are all physical. Ice beam is kyu-b's main stab, and hits things very hard. Fusion bolt accompanies ice beam to form bolt beam coverage. Earth power is used as extra coverage for some pokemon. I decided on HP fire to nail bulky mega scizors who want to set up on Kyurem black.

That's about it. This team appreciates some rock support, both in removal and in setting them up. Pokemon that can beat mega sableye is shadow ball is chosen over dazzling gleam is needed.

Got another core here. Enjoy.

Cobalion+azumarill Offensive/Balence core

In a metagame where Weavile and bisharp are everywhere tons of team weak to the combination of ice/dark and steel/dark can cause a ton of trouble for some teams. This core Is pretty much your anti ice/dark/steel core here being able to take on said dark types in the meta. Not only to these two have some pretty good synergy offensive and defensively but they do their job of repelling ice and dark type moves really well. This core also handles tyranitar pretty well. Pair this core up with pokemon that hate weavile or other dark types such as tornadus,alakazam, the latis and pretty much anything that hates any combination of dark type.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Got another core here. Enjoy.

Cobalion+azumarill Offensive/Balence core

In a metagame where Weavile and bisharp are everywhere tons of team weak to the combination of ice/dark and steel/dark can cause a ton of trouble for some teams. This core Is pretty much your anti ice/dark/steel core here being able to take on said dark types in the meta. Not only to these two have some pretty good synergy offensive and defensively but they do their job of repelling ice and dark type moves really well. This core also handles tyranitar pretty well. Pair this core up with pokemon that hate weavile or other dark types such as tornadus,alakazam, the latis and pretty much anything that hates any combination of dark type.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Bashful Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
That Bashful nature tho ;)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I basically just put the core out there ya know? Run what you want, i can't sop you. I'll mention it in the sets tho.
Uh, no. Please don't run Blizzard and Swords Dance on the same set, that just doesn't make sense. Sd sets should run SD / Shard / Seed Bomb or Wood Hammer / EQ and mixed attacker sets should run Blizzard / Ice Shard / EQ / filler (giga drain, focus blast, hp fire, etc).

Last edited:
actually can someone explain what head smash hits that emboars fighting stab+wild charge can't alreadyhit. Sucker punch sounds better so your not tr dependent

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
or if you want an answer that isn't under the form of a zen riddle devoid of any literal meaning, Head Smash is Emboar's best option against Dragons, hits MAlt, Dragalge and Dragonite, OHKOs XZard and smacks roosting or defogging Latis.

edit: speaking of head smash my head still hurts from reading AM's comment

+
+

BALANCE CORE: Cobalion + Slowking + Rotom Heat
Here is my broken UU core. Seriously though, this is a fun OU balance core that I have been playing around, utilising chesto resto Rotom Heat, offensive pivot coba and assault vest slowking.
COBALION:
Cobalion is a fun pivot, that has good physical defense, and can set up rocks. It can use volt switch to develop momentum between switches. Max speed also ties with keldeo, and outspeeds stuff such as base 100s (Zard, Mana, Victini, Volc), and Mega Pinsir, as well being able to do some desperate damage (hitting 244 attack). It also has cc and iron head for offensive coverage, and coba is one of the best bisharp switchins out there. Also, since pre-rest rotom-heat and slowking don't appreciate knock offs from stuff such as weavile and bisharp, whilst cobalion loves them, and triggers its justified ability.

SLOWKING:
Slowking supports cobalion by resisting fire and fighting hits, as well being a good switchin to mmeta (unless they run tpunch which they shouldn't really). It's also a very good special tank, and can hit back with 328 spatk, and can knock out zardy with a power gem as well, which is nice. Regenerator is also a great addition, as it heals between switches into coba.

ROTOM HEAT:
The core's answer to mega altaria. Rotom Heat is a pretty underrated pokemon in ou right now, which is pretty depressing since it is a perfectly decent malt switchin. It's also a bird check, and isn't affected by eqs which threaten this team (apart from Kyub, of which slowking can handle special attacks from it). It's perhaps the best tflame check as it resists all potential moves it carries (from BBird to Steel Wing)

THREATS TO THE CORE: I suppose the ultimate threat to this core is scarf excadrill, which isn't even that common anymore. Also kyub puts a lot of pressure on this core, as does mega charizard x. Rhyperior and Landorus T are nice additions to this core. Also a better water check is recommended for this core, as Slowking cannot dragon tail on bd azumarill, so mega sceptile also works well on the offensive side of this core.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Taunt / Stealth Rock

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Beam / Power Gem / Fire Blast

Rotom-Heat @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Last edited:
Mega Heracross single-handedly crushes this core even without a Swords Dance (it only needs Rocks to be up or Rotom-H slightly weakened). Mega Gyarados runs through this core if it gets a DD up (which it can grab by scaring out members of the core or just surviving their attacks through sheer bulk).

Mega Heracross single-handedly crushes this core even without a Swords Dance (it only needs Rocks to be up or Rotom-H slightly weakened). Mega Gyarados runs through this core if it gets a DD up (which it can grab by scaring out members of the core or just surviving their attacks through sheer bulk).
I've got Mega Gyarados as a threat for the core but it can be played around since +1 gyara doesn't ohko coba and after rocks cobalion practically ohkos gyara. Also gyarados can be taunted to stop dd on cobalion.

I've got Mega Gyarados as a threat for the core but it can be played around since +1 gyara doesn't ohko coba and after rocks cobalion practically ohkos gyara. Also gyarados can be taunted to stop dd on cobalion.
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 300-354 (83.7 - 98.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 300-354 (83.7 - 98.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Before a dd coba still outspeeds gyara and 2hkos gyara with cc (although as I said play round it since cc lets its guard drop). A situation can occur in which coba switches into a crunch activated justified and ohko gyara. also gyarados generally run taunt or sub over eq as its becoming decreasingly common

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Before a dd coba still outspeeds gyara and 2hkos gyara with cc (although as I said play round it since cc lets its guard drop). A situation can occur in which coba switches into a crunch activated justified and ohko gyara. also gyarados generally run taunt or sub over eq as its becoming decreasingly common
Tbh, Gyarados shouldn't Mega evolve. It has Intimidate and Flying typing, meaning it resists Close Combat. A well played Gyarados WILL set up on Cobalion and then demolish your core:

-1 112 Atk Cobalion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 54-63 (16.3 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
0- SpA Cobalion Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 168-200 (50.7 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. -1 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 295-348 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. -1 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 492-580 (137.4 - 162%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Earthquake vs. 140 HP / 0 Def Cobalion: 328-388 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (aka a little chip damage and Cobalion is done, and that's not very hard to get)

It will Mega evolve once it has DDed up, and even Volt Switch only does half to regular Gyarados. I don't think the core is necessarily bad, it is just weak to Mega Gyarados, and you will just have to accept that and build around it if you want to use that core.

In honor of the 4th of July here's a core around Mega President Barack Obamasnow.

Manaphy + Bulky Mega Abomasnow Offensive core.

Overview:
Abomasnow is not the fastest mega and it is quite difficult to build around for that reason. It's weaknesses to common types like steel, fire, and fighting also make it overlooked along with it's speed. This Obama is a special variant with Giga Drain and leech seed for recovery to make up for it's slow speed. Manaphy's diverse moovepool allows it to deal with Abomasnow's weaknesses.

Sets: As previously stated Abomasnow is a special bulky variant. I went with HP investment over speed in order to live a stone edge from lando and then OHKO it with Blizzard. I have an expert belt on Manaphy over leftovers because before tail glow psychic will OHKO breloom and 2HKO non AV conk which threaten Abomasnow.

Chuck Norris (Manaphy) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald/Surf/Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Ice Beam/Energy Ball/Hidden Power Fire

Barack Obamasnow (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Leech Seed/Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain

Weaknesses and Partners: Heatran is a great partner for this core. Offensive and defensive both work well in walling grass threats to manaphy bar breloom and flying threats to abomasnow bar talonflame and beating said threats. This core hates serperior so be sure to run something for it like talonflame or the previously mentioned heatran. Hazards are a bane for abomasnow so a defogger/spinner is necessary. Latios I found useful and it's psychic typing handles Breloom which is another threat.

Happy 4th all.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Ctrl + F + Conkeldurr = 1 Result...something is wrong with this picture. Anyways...

Conkeldurr + Sylveon Offensive Core

Sheer Force Conkeldurr is an absolute wrecking ball in the OU meta, being able to lure in many of its common checks, such as Fairy types, common Physically defensive Pokemon such as Slowbro, & Mega Scizor, and being able to 2HKO them easily with its awesome coverage. There are still quite a few Pokemon that give Conkeldurr trouble however, especially the Lati twins, Mega Sableye, and other Pokemon that it cannot 2HKO. Sylveon is an excellent partner in this aspect, being able to easily OHKO the Lati Twins, Mega Sableye, and others with a STAB Pixilate Specs boosted Hyper Voice. Sylveon is very weak to Steel types, especially Scizor, Excadrill, and Heatran. Conkeldurr can easily take out these Steel types and KO them with his amazing STAB or coverage. Sylveon is also able to Baton Pass into Conkeldurr on a Steel type switch in, allowing Conkeldurr to force them out. Threats to this core include powerful Psychic types, especially Mega Gardevoir, Mega Metagross, and powerful Flying types such as Talonflame, so powerful Ghost types such as Gengar, and a solid offensive check to Talonflame, such as Thundurus are appreciated.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab / Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

Last edited:
Sylveon is very weak to Steel types, especially Scizor, Excadrill, and Heatran. Conkeldurr can easily lure in these Steel types and KO them with his amazing STAB or coverage.
How? Excadrill and Heatran won't switch into Conkeldurr while Mega Scizor simply sets up on it (unless it decides to run Fire Punch which only hits Scizor). Conkeldurr also can't touch Jirachi and Bronzong at all.

I agree with the rest of your comments though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)