Team Italy WCOP Logo

Perhaps a bit 'late, but our graphic gave up at the last minute. If any of you could do the logo for Team Italy in this World Cup I'd be really grateful. Ideally a full size logo, an avatar and then a signature too (or at least just one of them).
I was thinking of something with a fighting type pokemon that has in his hands something typical Italian or even the flag itself of Italy (perhaps a lucario or Gallade with the flag instead of the sword). I rely on your imagination and your talent, thanks in advance!

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure if I'm eligible for this, but I'd love to try... If there are no objections from the art leaders I'd be up for this for sure! :)

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
some sketches:

I was a little worried about using Gallade because it might end up looking too much like Classiest's logo, but I think I've found some nice poses that could work. The pose in the first image would have its capes coloured in the colours of the Italian flag and could also be blowing sideways to look more like a flag if you'd prefer that (third image). I'm thinking if we do go with Gallade (M) then I can slap some laurels or a Roman warrior's helmet on it too.

The other 'mon I think could work really well is Machamp. Since it's so buff it looks really nice in a toga (second image) and its multiple hands means it could be doing anything from holding the Leaning Tower of Pisa (first image) to eating pizza (third image).

Hawlucha is also an option, I could do something similar to Gallade's cape with its wings (second image).

Right now I'm leaning towards doing something Machamp-related, if anyone on the team has concerns about that (wants Gallade / Hawlucha / anything else, doesn't like rough logo layouts) please tell me about it so I can try my best to fix it!

The Machamp's one is insane! Good job dude, keep working with it. You can try to do something like a Machamp with the flag in a hand and the pisa tower in the other arm ;D

Machamp holding the Leaning Tower of Pisa is literally amazing both as a concept and as design.

first Lucario sketch is also really good (laurel wreath is a good idea too)

I appreciated also other sketches but these two are those who impressed me most

well done :)

ps maybe u can try to put laurel wreath on Machamp if you are workin on it (oh just noticed it wears it on second sketch, nvm)

Machamp artworks all look amazing to be honest and i also like the third gallade for the color scheme the pokemon has + the possibility of a roman helmet or something. I really like how this is going :)

brightobject

there like moonlight

Continuing on with logo work. Obviously not the final colours, so I'd like some feedback on that:

-would you guys like regular or shiny machamp? (shiny is green which goes with italy, idk)
-red or white toga?
-green or gold laurels?
-text obviously isn't final either, and
The icon on Machamp's power belt will be coloured with an Italian flag symbol in the final version.

If no one has any big problems with this design feel free to say so!

brightobject

there like moonlight
FINISHED! The imgur version (image below) may or may not have a transparent background (that is it might be sitting on a white square) so I uploaded the png version as well (transparent) version, look for it in the attachments tab!

I can try to do a sig thing as well, so wait for that

Attachments

brightobject

there like moonlight
Asuya galbia sorry, forgot to tag!

also looking at them now, both the uploaded file and the imgur versions are pretty blurry (I needed to resize the png file in order to keep it in accordance with Smogon file restrictions, and I think imgur imposes some sort of automatic compression onto large images). If you think either of the above are too blurry/bad quality, tell me and I can email you the original files!

Hey dude, good job! I love it, we will put your credits every time it will be necessary.

Most likely we will use it next year because this year is already almost definitely over for us. Take care, I'll keep an eye on your next masterpieces :]

PS: The png file is fine

brightobject

there like moonlight
Hey dude, good job! I love it, we will put your credits every time it will be necessary.

Most likely we will use it next year because this year is already almost definitely over for us. Take care, I'll keep an eye on your next masterpieces :]

PS: The png file is fine
Thanks! I'm glad you liked it and hey, I'll be rooting for you guys 'til the end!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)