General Introduce yourself!

Hey guys and gals! My name is Jimmy or iCantGidGud, whichever you prefer. I'm 18 and I've lurked around smogon for about 6 months maybe? I got turned onto Pokémon about 3 years ago and my friends from school directed me here and PS! because I apparantly am good at making teams for them and myself. I fancy mainly random battles, Monotype, and RU and on and off NU. I'm not used to forums as I'm quite shy, too shy to even post on forums but I figured I spend enough time on here and RMT forums it's tI'm to join. So yea, that's me.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys and gals! My name is Jimmy or iCantGidGud, whichever you prefer. I'm 18 and I've lurked around smogon for about 6 months maybe? I got turned onto Pokémon about 3 years ago and my friends from school directed me here and PS! because I apparantly am good at making teams for them and myself. I fancy mainly random battles, Monotype, and RU and on and off NU. I'm not used to forums as I'm quite shy, too shy to even post on forums but I figured I spend enough time on here and RMT forums it's tI'm to join. So yea, that's me.
Hey there. I've been a fan of Pokemon since the very beginning, which happens to be more than 2/3 of my lifetime haha! Anyhow, RU is probably the most overlooked tier here on Smogon because middle child syndrome is a thing and it sucks. That being said though, it's a great tier / community to get involved with. I should know considering my deep involvement with the tier. For your convenience, here's the RU Forum. Within it, you'll find useful resources, such as good cores, metagame discussion (np thread), and Viability Rankings. The latter of which is the biggest one as it shows you how Pokemon in RU stack up with one another. The higher it's ranked, the better it is! You can ask me anything you like about RU as a whole via PM / VM. You could also ask the tier leaders, Molk and atomicllamas, or fellow council members, such as Arikado or Spirit, about various things about RU if there's some things you want to know / confuse you. And just for ease of navigation, this is the NU Forum. You'll find the same things that you do with the RU forum, but only specific to the NU tier. Raseri and hollywood are the tier leaders there.
Enjoy your stay and hope to see you around :)

Hi, people. I've just registered on the forum recently, and I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm known as The Idiotic One and I like to play Pokémon. So, nice to meet you, people.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently, I have no plans to do anything in the community. I simply registered for fun. Still, nice to meet you, TheHoodedGamer.
You're not really idiotic riiight? What's 32x12? Actually I don't even know so I guess I'm really the idiotic one! But yeah, registering for fun is ok C: A cool way to have fun here is to read Smogon's e-zine (The Smog). It's like where some of our most talented users are. Or you can discuss Pokemon stuff which is fun like in Orange Islands, orrrr... play simple tournaments in tournaments section :) I dunno there's lots of cool things you can do here so do have fun, yes. c:

Hey Guys!

I'm Yucudo, a new pokemon player from South Florida. I'm 13, and I found out about PS because of pokeaim. I only play OU, but I want to branch out into other tiers.

I wouldn't consider myself "good" at pokemon but I'm here to learn more about it.

I like basically all types of music, and play in a band with my friends.

I'm looking to find cool people on here, so just PM me if you want to talk or anything.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey Guys!

I'm Yucudo, a new pokemon player from South Florida. I'm 13, and I found out about PS because of pokeaim. I only play OU, but I want to branch out into other tiers.

I wouldn't consider myself "good" at pokemon but I'm here to learn more about it.

I'm looking to find cool people on here, so just PM me if you want to talk or anything.
Hello Yucudo!
Nice to meet you! I decided to join Smogon after I found it through Pokemon Showdown, but I let the account gather some dust for a few months before actually getting involved. I play a lot of tiers, including OU, which is one of my favorites. What tiers would you like to get involved in? A good way to learn more about the metagames you'd like to get started with is by reading over the ongoing discussions in their subforums. You can also talk to some of the moderators or other users active there to get involved. I started off as a really bad player, but thanks to Showdown and the helpful communities there and here, I've improved a lot. I frequent the Other Metas room whenever I'm online, as most of the tiers I play are OMs. I enjoy music, too, and I listen to a lot of genres. I also play a lot of videogames other than Pokemon like Battlefield and other Xbox games. If you need help getting around, feel free to PM me, chester0334, EonX, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. You can also use the Questions threads or the Help form. I hope you enjoy your time here!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey Guys!

Hey, nice to meet you. I love lots of different types of music, but I can't play any instrument or sing to save my life haha! Anyway, aim is a cool guy. I can certainly help you branch out into RU a bit seeing as I'm a council and qc member for RU here. Here's a link to the RU Forum if you're interested. It's pretty easy to get involved with any tier here on Smogon. Generally, the best people to ask would be the tier leaders for each tier. (every tier has two) I'll list them below for your convenience
OU = Aldaron and AM
UU = Sam and Hikari
RU = Molk and atomicllamas
NU = Raseri and hollywood
Ubers = Fireburn and Sweep
Little Cup = macle and Rowan
Doubles OU = Arcticblast and Stratos

Hope you and enjoy yourself above all else. I've played competitive Pokemon since DPP (post-Platinum release) and I keep staying with it because it's fun.

Edit: thanks for the ninja QueBien lol.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
EonX the tier leaders for OU is all 5 of the OU Council guys McMeghan, MDragon, ben gay, Tesung, and myself while Aldaron is an admin that will mediate and overlook anything that goes through us. Best person to ask an OU question about would be an OU mentor or just myself. Yucudo that's for reference as leadership of OU works a bit differently than the other tiers. Anyways welcome and enjoy.

My name is PlatinumBlad3. I'm the man of many names, in many shape or form. I started playing Pokemon in 2011 I think, and my first game was Pokemon Black, and I have purchased Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Platinum since then (not that in order). My interest has been off and on, and my competitive Pokemon interest flared a couple months ago. I have a lot of legendaries in Omega Ruby, as I wanted to play B2/W2 again after I lost my B2. Luckily, I got a used W2 which was forgot to be reset, and contained piles of legendaries from many regions, along with Swellow, who I used in Omega Ruby after struggling to find a Flying type.

Out of all honesty, Pokemon is not generally the game I'm known for. I was and still am, but not as much, a huge Minecrafter. Combined, I've spent hundreds of dollars per game For anyone who knows anything about Minecraft, I was struggling on servers and recently got rebanned on my main one, so I've been playing countless Pokemon the past few days.

That's all I can think of. Hope I get to make a lot of friends here!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
My name is PlatinumBlad3. I'm the man of many names, in many shape or form. I started playing Pokemon in 2011 I think, and my first game was Pokemon Black, and I have purchased Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Platinum since then (not that in order). My interest has been off and on, and my competitive Pokemon interest flared a couple months ago. I have a lot of legendaries in Omega Ruby, as I wanted to play B2/W2 again after I lost my B2. Luckily, I got a used W2 which was forgot to be reset, and contained piles of legendaries from many regions, along with Swellow, who I used in Omega Ruby after struggling to find a Flying type.

Out of all honesty, Pokemon is not generally the game I'm known for. I was and still am, but not as much, a huge Minecrafter. Combined, I've spent hundreds of dollars per game For anyone who knows anything about Minecraft, I was struggling on servers and recently got rebanned on my main one, so I've been playing countless Pokemon the past few days.

That's all I can think of. Hope I get to make a lot of friends here!
Hey PlatinumBlad3!
Welcome to Smogon! I started playing casually a few years or so with Emerald, but the competitively a little while after the release of XY. I have only bought Y and Alpha Sapphire, but I plan on getting the 4th and 5th Generation games some day. I have played every generation except the first two, which is another thing I plan on doing sometime when I can. While attempting to complete the Pokedex in Y, I managed to collect every legendary with the exception of Shaymin and Jirachi. I've gotten pretty close to catching all the Pokemon in the Pokedex, as doing so is my main focus when playing the games. I do play Wi-Fi battles every once in a while, but I usually battle in the simulator. I play Minecraft sometimes, but my favorite games are Halo and Pokemon. Anyway, if you need help with anything, you can ask me or these helpful users: chester0334, EonX, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. Have fun exploring the forums!

EonX the tier leaders for OU is all 5 of the OU Council guys McMeghan, MDragon, ben gay, Tesung, and myself while Aldaron is an admin that will mediate and overlook anything that goes through us. Best person to ask an OU question about would be an OU mentor or just myself. Yucudo that's for reference as leadership of OU works a bit differently than the other tiers. Anyways welcome and enjoy.
I see you in CT but never knew you were a tier leader, lol. I'll come to you if I need help with anything for OU :]

Hey, nice to meet you. I love lots of different types of music, but I can't play any instrument or sing to save my life haha! Anyway, aim is a cool guy. I can certainly help you branch out into RU a bit seeing as I'm a council and qc member for RU here. Here's a link to the RU Forum if you're interested. It's pretty easy to get involved with any tier here on Smogon. Generally, the best people to ask would be the tier leaders for each tier. (every tier has two) I'll list them below for your convenience
OU = Aldaron and AM
UU = Sam and Hikari
RU = Molk and atomicllamas
NU = Raseri and hollywood
Ubers = Fireburn and Sweep
Little Cup = macle and Rowan
Doubles OU = Arcticblast and Stratos

Hope you and enjoy yourself above all else. I've played competitive Pokemon since DPP (post-Platinum release) and I keep staying with it because it's fun.

Edit: thanks for the ninja QueBien lol.
I'll take up your offer on branching out into RU :)

Hello Yucudo!
Nice to meet you! I decided to join Smogon after I found it through Pokemon Showdown, but I let the account gather some dust for a few months before actually getting involved. I play a lot of tiers, including OU, which is one of my favorites. What tiers would you like to get involved in? A good way to learn more about the metagames you'd like to get started with is by reading over the ongoing discussions in their subforums. You can also talk to some of the moderators or other users active there to get involved. I started off as a really bad player, but thanks to Showdown and the helpful communities there and here, I've improved a lot. I frequent the Other Metas room whenever I'm online, as most of the tiers I play are OMs. I enjoy music, too, and I listen to a lot of genres. I also play a lot of videogames other than Pokemon like Battlefield and other Xbox games. If you need help getting around, feel free to PM me, chester0334, EonX, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. You can also use the Questions threads or the Help form. I hope you enjoy your time here!
I'll be sure to ask you for help or anything, and maybe we could battle sometime.

Anyway, thanks AM, QueBien, and EonX for answering and welcoming me to Showdown/Smogon.
I've already been enjoying my time here a lot, so I'm sure if this place is filled with cool people like you guys I'll like it even more :]

P.S. Watch out for my PM's!

Hey, guys! Aaron here. Long time fan of Smogon, first time forum account user. I have a lot of questions to ask about Pokemon, so I hope to discuss them with everyone!

Hey, guys! Aaron here. Long time fan of Smogon, first time forum account user. I have a lot of questions to ask about Pokemon, so I hope to discuss them with everyone!
Hey Aaron, welcome to Smogon man! When asking questions it's good to know that Smogon is divided in different subforums. Most subforums have a thread specifically for asking questions. You should read the small description that's stated under each subforum to know what that subforum is about, to make sure your questions are relevant there.

If you have any questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, you can always ask chester0334, QueBien or TheHoodedGamer about them too.

:)!

Hey Aaron, welcome to Smogon man! When asking questions it's good to know that Smogon is divided in different subforums. Most subforums have a thread specifically for asking questions. You should read the small description that's stated under each subforum to know what that subforum is about, to make sure your questions are relevant there.

If you have any questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, you can always ask chester0334, QueBien or TheHoodedGamer about them too.

:)!
Thank you so much, Fluke! As a matter of fact, one subject I'm looking for on the forums database is discussions on Nuzlocke challenges. I'm only coming across posts of people's progresses but nothing questioning the rules or system of a Nuzlocke. Maybe you can help me out. I'll re-post my question here.

The rules state that "the first Pokemon you catch is the only one of its kind you can catch on that route, no duplicates". But suppose you weren't able to catch a Pokemon on one route, but find the same Pokemon on a different route, can you try catching it again there?
For instance, you kill a Pidgey on Route 1, but find another Pidgey on Route 2. Are you still able to catch it?

Thank you so much, Fluke! As a matter of fact, one subject I'm looking for on the forums database is discussions on Nuzlocke challenges. I'm only coming across posts of people's progresses but nothing questioning the rules or system of a Nuzlocke. Maybe you can help me out. I'll re-post my question here.

The rules state that "the first Pokemon you catch is the only one of its kind you can catch on that route, no duplicates". But suppose you weren't able to catch a Pokemon on one route, but find the same Pokemon on a different route, can you try catching it again there?
For instance, you kill a Pidgey on Route 1, but find another Pidgey on Route 2. Are you still able to catch it?
I am not super familiar with Nuzlocke challenges, as I've only done one about 10 years ago. I just came across this page. It might help you out.

You're not really idiotic riiight? What's 32x12? Actually I don't even know so I guess I'm really the idiotic one! But yeah, registering for fun is ok C: A cool way to have fun here is to read Smogon's e-zine (The Smog). It's like where some of our most talented users are. Or you can discuss Pokemon stuff which is fun like in Orange Islands, orrrr... play simple tournaments in tournaments section :) I dunno there's lots of cool things you can do here so do have fun, yes. c:
32x12=384. Well, I am stupid at anything other than mathematics, I suppose. I have read The Smog and I find it reasonably interesting. As you said, there are many cool things here in Smogon. I find it pretty fun here.

Hi, I made this account because I was told to do it, and I guess I want to have more fun and contribute by posting teams, and hopefully getting feeback on them. Also, I want to learn more :)

Hi, I made this account because I was told to do it, and I guess I want to have more fun and contribute by posting teams, and hopefully getting feeback on them. Also, I want to learn more :)
Sorry for the meeh response I'm on my phone. I remember how I wanted to improve my battling skills in battling and well from where I have started I made a massive improvement and heck o even have a 1400 rating on the OU latter (hopefully I won't blow it). I can give you feedback on any teams you make however as of now I am busy and won't be around till Monday. The Fluke, QueBien and TheHoodedGamer can also help you out.

Hello all, I'm Guardian, but that name was taken so I'm GotR on Smogon forums. I've been playing OU and lurking in the competitive tutoring room on and off since B2/W2, and have always used the Smogondex for standard sets, but I've never actually used the forums myself - they've always seemed too complicated. Definitely looking for some help team building, I can't win with most of the stuff I make even if it looks good on paper, especially since the lando-i ban.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello all, I'm Guardian, but that name was taken so I'm GotR on Smogon forums. I've been playing OU and lurking in the competitive tutoring room on and off since B2/W2, and have always used the Smogondex for standard sets, but I've never actually used the forums myself - they've always seemed too complicated. Definitely looking for some help team building, I can't win with most of the stuff I make even if it looks good on paper, especially since the lando-i ban.
Welcome :) What seems confusing about the forums? There's a lotta guides in this forum in particular that kind of explains things but yeah. For team building help you should try and get a tutor with battling 101, and if you don't get in first try just keep trying because the help will be useful to you c: If you need any help fitting in on smogon though, check out the help form stickied at the top of this forum. Have fun around here!

Welcome :) What seems confusing about the forums? There's a lotta guides in this forum in particular that kind of explains things but yeah. For team building help you should try and get a tutor with battling 101, and if you don't get in first try just keep trying because the help will be useful to you c: If you need any help fitting in on smogon though, check out the help form stickied at the top of this forum. Have fun around here!
Maybe confusing isn't the right word... perhaps intimidating? Just because of all the depth and rules and what-not. I'm sure I'll get used to it. And I have thought about trying to get a tutor but I've never found that I actually need help battling, I just need to make a team that I like for once.

Edit: How do you quote and get the person's name?

Whats Poppin tho?

Its Ya Boy MostDope, 17 years old, and I just love playing mons lol. I've had this account for awhile now but never really used it all that much. Im gonna be on it a lot more though lol just want to be apart of the community and contribute! :]

Favorite Gym Leader is Chili btw I dont know why but he just looks cool to me.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Maybe confusing isn't the right word... perhaps intimidating? Just because of all the depth and rules and what-not. I'm sure I'll get used to it. And I have thought about trying to get a tutor but I've never found that I actually need help battling, I just need to make a team that I like for once.

Edit: How do you quote and get the person's name?
You can quote the person by clicking the reply button at the bottom of their post like I just did :)
I delayed joining for a while too--I have never used forums besides Smogon and I was a bit scared. However, the majority of people on Smogon are very understanding and welcoming to new users, and will often offer helpful advice and pointers. Once you understand the rules, Smogon becomes very simple, and a fun place to interact and discuss Pokemon (at least, it did for me and I hope it does for you too!). Enjoy your time here and welcome to Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)