ORAS PU [ORAS PU] - Untitled 168

Hey guys, Simipour here (even though most people still call me Dundies). I've decided to post a PU RMT because like Magnemite and Megazard, I found that there are few really good ones out there right now, as most of them are looking for help with their teams. Not to mention, the PU ladder isn't the greatest, and I'd like to increase the quality of at least the teams on it. I usually build more offensively based builds, but I decided to try out bulky offense, as it's much easier to use. I peaked #1 with this team (proof), but I figured it really wasn't worth mentioning in the title, as it's not much of an accomplishment anyways. Now, onto the team (also credits to Magnemite for the title idea, I couldn't think of anything lol).

I started with Stoutland, who is a really underrated threat in the current meta and has very few reliable switch-ins.

Next, I added CM + Thunder Wave Clefairy, as it can switch into Fighting-type attacks that Stoutland struggles to take, it adds a win condition to the team, and it provides Thunder Wave support, which helps Stoutland to wipe away common teams.

Next, I was looking for a reliable Stealth Rocker, as well as a check to Shell Smash Carracosta and Barbaracle, and Torterra fit the bill.

I noticed that Grumpig synergizes really well with the rest of my team, and I didn't have much special attacking presence on the team yet, so I added offensive Grumpig.

I noticed that I sorta got pooped on my Life Orb Simipour and Life Orb Ninetales after a Nasty Plot, and although the team isn't weak to hazards, I decided to add Specially Defensive Pelipper to help check strong special attackers.

The rest of my team was looking really slow, and I didn't have a solid Jumpluff check or a Pokemon that is ok with being put to sleep, so I added Zebstrika, which rounds off the team.

Stoutland @
| Scrappy
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant
Frustration | Facade | Superpower | Pursuit

Stoutland is who I built the team around, and for good reason. There are so few reliable switch-ins and it's insane the amount of work you can do with it if you bring it in off of a double. You're mainly spamming Frustration or Superpower depending if the opponent has a Normal-type resist and Facade if you're inflicted with status. Pursuit is helpful for trapping Pokemon like Kadabra and Grumpig, but it's rare you'll use it.

Clefairy @
| Magic Guard
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA | Bold
Calm Mind | Moonblast | Thunder Wave | Soft-Boiled
Clefairy is an awesome wincon that sets up on a lot of Pokemon in the meta, especially with the help of Thunder Wave. You can basically bring Clefairy in on a physical attacker that it doesn't mind taking a hit from, scare them out into their Clefairy check (usually something like Pawniard, Rapidash, or Ninetales), and cripple them with Thunder Wave. I find myself usually using this thing as a pivot until late game when all of its checks are gone or weakened, then sweep.

Torterra @
| Overgrow
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe | Adamant
Stealth Rock | Wood Hammer | Earthquake | Synthesis

Torterra was a pretty easy choice as a Stealth Rocker since it checks a lot of common Pokemon in the tier, it has reliable recovery, and it hits hard. I just went with the standard tank set which is mainly to help check Carracosta and Barbaracle after a Shell Smash. If you're switching Torterra into a lot of hits, make sure to use Synthesis often to stay alive throughout games.

Grumpig @
| Thick Fat
160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe | Modest
Psychic | Focus Blast | Taunt | Toxic
Offensive Grumpig overall is a really good Pokemon in the tier right now and it helped to bring an strong specially offensive presence to the team, which I lacked at this point. This thing takes a lot of special attacks, hits hard, and wears down bulkier Pokemon with Taunt and Toxic. Thunder Wave is an option over Toxic to provide more support for Stoutland, but I've always found Toxic more useful.

Pelipper @
| Keen Eye
248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD | Calm
U-turn | Scald | Roost | Defog

Ah, Pelipper. Ever since later in ORAS, the only Pelipper people used was physically defensive, but recently with the spike in usage of Pokemon like Ninetales and Simipour, specially defensive Pelipper has become really popular. I chose U-turn over Air Slash to get Stoutland in safely, which is overall more helpful than being able to hit Poliwrath, which I have a few checks for already. The team isn't that weak to Stealth Rock, but spikestack would definitely be a pain without this thing, which is why I added it.

Zebstrika @
| Sap Sipper
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Overheat | Hidden Power Ice
The team was definitely lacking Speed, so I turned to Zebstrika, who also gave me a solid Jumpluff check. This thing is honestly just an overall really good Pokemon for the current meta with its good coverage and high Speed that allows it to outspeed and hit a lot of the higher ranked Pokemon. Most people run Hidden Power Grass, but people have begun to run more checks for Zebstrika, namely Vibrava and Gabite, and Hidden Power Ice is able to 2HKO both of them.

I hope you all have enjoyed the team. I tried to build something that would be really easy to use on the ladder for newer players, and bulky offense definitely is easy to use. Good luck with the team, and feel free to leave any suggestions! Shoutouts to all of my buds from PU and other friends I've made along the way. Also, shoutout to hollywood who I took the format from :p. Bye

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Facade
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Grumpig @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Toxic

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Zebstrika @ Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is a pretty solid team and rmt (because of holly but w/e). If you could add a threat list tho that would be nice because it helps lazy people with five analyses who don't want to thing about what you're weak to. Speaking of what you're weak too, stronger breakers like Stoutland and Arbok that can either take a hit from Zebstrika or kill it with priority when it's weak are quite capable of killing you late game. While unconventional, I think you should at least consider Jolly Stoutland to more effectively handle Stout/Arbok/fast Grumpig/fast NP missy which all put in work since builds like this are too reliant on Zebra for Speed. If you put in a threat list I might do more but that seems like a useful change without changing the basic build.
also put in your ladder peak because that way it proves the team is good !!

Dad's Dad

Banned deucer.
I used the team a bit (Only 3 matches but w/e) and I agree with Megazard, Stoutland is something this team has absolutely no switch ins to. Whenever it came in I had to sack and the only thing I had to revenge it was Zebstrika which can't even OHKO. One of the games ended coming down to a Stoutland vs. Stoutland speed tie too lol. So I definitely agree with Jolly Stoutland over Adamant.

you can fix all of your problems by running physically defensive tangela over torterra and putting stealth rock on clefairy over calm mind. you don't need cm clefable + taunt toxic grumpig + choice band stoutland to defeat stall which isn't very common. making this change fixes the stoutland weakness and the very hefty barbaracle / ice beam carracosta weakness.

tangela @ eviolite [giga drain / synthesis / sleep powder / hidden power ice] 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spe
clefairy @ eviolite [stealth rock / soft-boiled / moonblast / thunder wave] 248 hp / 252 sdef / 8 spe

this team is kind of inherently flawed in certain aspects (you have no dark resist (that takes on dark mons) and your flying resist is a zebstrika....) but don't expect people to actually play well with their threatening mons, this is pu after all

Reactions: MZ
This is a pretty solid team and rmt (because of holly but w/e). If you could add a threat list tho that would be nice because it helps lazy people with five analyses who don't want to thing about what you're weak to. Speaking of what you're weak too, stronger breakers like Stoutland and Arbok that can either take a hit from Zebstrika or kill it with priority when it's weak are quite capable of killing you late game. While unconventional, I think you should at least consider Jolly Stoutland to more effectively handle Stout/Arbok/fast Grumpig/fast NP missy which all put in work since builds like this are too reliant on Zebra for Speed. If you put in a threat list I might do more but that seems like a useful change without changing the basic build.
also put in your ladder peak because that way it proves the team is good !!
I used the team a bit (Only 3 matches but w/e) and I agree with Megazard, Stoutland is something this team has absolutely no switch ins to. Whenever it came in I had to sack and the only thing I had to revenge it was Zebstrika which can't even OHKO. One of the games ended coming down to a Stoutland vs. Stoutland speed tie too lol. So I definitely agree with Jolly Stoutland over Adamant.
Yeah Stoutland is definitely one of the biggest threats to the team right now (and what team is it not a threat to lol), so I'll definitely try it out with Jolly.
you can fix all of your problems by running physically defensive tangela over torterra and putting stealth rock on clefairy over calm mind. you don't need cm clefable + taunt toxic grumpig + choice band stoutland to defeat stall which isn't very common. making this change fixes the stoutland weakness and the very hefty barbaracle / ice beam carracosta weakness.

tangela @ eviolite [giga drain / synthesis / sleep powder / hidden power ice] 248 hp / 252 def / 8 spe
clefairy @ eviolite [stealth rock / soft-boiled / moonblast / thunder wave] 248 hp / 252 sdef / 8 spe

this team is kind of inherently flawed in certain aspects (you have no dark resist (that takes on dark mons) and your flying resist is a zebstrika....) but don't expect people to actually play well with their threatening mons, this is pu after all
I might also try these changes out, but the the main premises of the team was to cripple Clefairy's threats with Thunder Wave which also allows Stoutland a lot more room to get kills and once Clefairy's checks are weakened/gone, it sweeps late game.

Thank you all for the rates!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)