ORAS OU RMT Hyper Offensive (Weavile + Scarftran core with Sand)

I spent a lot of time contemplating the inception of this team, thinking hard, trying to find counters to everything I had and trying to cover some of the most prevelant mons' in the game (i.e Mega Lopunny, Mega Altaria etc.) This team focuses heavily on getting hazards on the opponents side of the feild, along side sand to "Widdle them down turn per turn" (Thanks aim :] ) and then having one of the 5 mons on my team to run through and finish off their team. But enough about the intro lets get into the team.

The Core:

tumblr_m3godjuZwB1qlms3vo1_500.gif

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Weaville right now is just an absolute monster in the meta game. With access to dark and ice STAB it has just incredible coverage. Paired along with low kick to take on incoming "counters" such as heatran, ferrothorn, tyranitar. Ferrothorn takes easily 38%-44% from Knock Off anyways making it not a reliable switch in. Even Defensive-Rotom W takes 46%-54% from Knock Off, making it a possible 2HKO with Stealth Rocks. Then Ice STAB to cover all popular dragons, flying, and grass mons' that are out there.

Heatran-Bronzong-80805.gif

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Heatran. Man another great mon. Working in such great harmony with Weaville. Getting rid of such threats as Ferrothorn (Even though Weaville can easily handle it), Skarmory, Scizor, Etc. Not only that but with its great coverage moves it can check Talonflame, Zard-Y, Other non-air balloon heatrans, Magnezone, Clefable, and being soft-checks to Mega Altaria and Zard-X without EQ or a DD up.

tumblr_mq7562ahdk1r9pecio1_400.gif

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Oh boy was Mega Lopunny becoming a problem for my team. This was my answer with sand to help weaken my opponent's team in the process, this was a great mon. Giving me access to hazards as well and being a mixed wall gives me a switch-ins that is definately needed on this team. With Zard-X unable to OHKO is with one DD, and only a 29% chance to 2HKO without stealth rocks makes this a great candidate for a wall. As far as Mega Lopunny goes it is impossible for her to 2HKO Hippowdon with High Jump Kick, but Hippowdon can 2HKO her with rocks and 98% chance without. Might switch out Stone Edge for Whirlwind/Roar to stop setups and substitutes.

tumblr_me6fdcvTTF1r1n5pqo1_500.gif

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

With harzards such a crucial part to this team I needed a spinner. And with sand what else, but Exdraill himself. With his straight up power and coverage he can just rip teams apart when his counters are gone. With EQ and Iron head as STAB and Rock Slide as coverage (which is why I might switch out Stone Edge on Hippo) he can cover so much ground (tehe). This combined with the utility of Rapid Spinner this makes him a great late game sweeper or to pave the way for one of the other member of the team to sweep.

tumblr_ng0r6w9gMo1sps7dxo5_500.gif

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Calm Mind

I needed another fat mon to come in and take special attacks I also didnt have a mega, so Mega Latias was the #1 candidate. This set I am the most open to change since I don't have the most expirence with Mega Lastias. That being said with Calm Mind and Reflect type as well as Roost for recovery there is so much this mon can setup on. I rarely see it in play for how versatile it is. After its counters are gone i.e Cleffable and Steel types (which are dealt with Excadrill and Scarftran) this can make for a very bulky and scary threat as another late game sweeper.

4294277-2450774995-tumbl.gif

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

The mon I am most likely to change out if needed. Simple, I wanted Grass STAB for coverage for my team for the Water and Ground types running around. Also an Auto-Sweeper if preparations are in place. HP fire to stop the steel types that come in and Giga Drain for HP back. Might switch it for Life Orb Prankster Thundurus for T-Wave support
Threats:

Might as well be CTC because I have very little to deal with Azumarill the best I can do is have Mega Lati and Serperior deal with it. Without reflect type Mega Lati takes 78%-93% from Play Rough and 39%-46% after Reflect Type. If it is Assult Vest, Regular Lati only has a 12% chance of living Play Rough from AS Azumarill. Serperior can take care of it, if it has some prior damage, (if it is Assul Vest) or flat out OHKOs it otherwise. The only other set I see being possibly a problem is Mega Sableye. I don't have enough expirience with this mon and this team to know for sure but I don't have a fairy type or Scappy user to hit it with super effective move and if I don't play Heatran right priority Will-O-Wisp could be a real problem to the team. Something new I encountered was Dual Screen Klefki just ran away with a game that I play and no matter how well I played it was almost impossible to kill it, but I don't see it that often so I'm not going to think much of it.
Conclusion:
Besides swapping Stone Edge for whirlwind on Hippo, changing the set on Mega Lati or switching it for Mega Sableye, and possible switching Serperior for Prankster Thundurus I think this team is really solid with counters and checks to most of the popular meta game this team is a force to be reckoned with.
Changes:
First change was on Hippowdon having three Rock moves on a team was kinda redundant so switching Stone Edge for Whirlwind actually helps the team a ton. As far as Mega Lati goes I swapped backed to Stored Power as it can just rip teams apart when played properly, my only gripe with Mega Lati (Even though I do love it) is that it doesn't really have much of a use, but to come in on an attack and setup *Which isn't all bad* at least it forces a switch or the win xD. Lastly I exchanged Giga Drain on Serperior for Glare. As by suggestion I might do some testing with taunt on Serperior and see how it does.
Charilax Blaster said:
P.S. you can try taunt on serp to break stall :)
*This is my first RMT, and first post on Smogon I hope you enjoy :]*
Team Export:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Welcome to Smogon, and great first post!
Trusted Enemy said:
Might as well be CTC because I have very little to deal with Azumarill
lol

Just FYI, but Mega Sableye loses Prankster for Magic Guard, and so becomes far slower. With Sand or Rocks up, Excadrill's EQ is a guaranteed 2HKO! Serp also handles it well IMO as it can boost first and quicker.

I believe Serperior is an effective member of the team, but if you were looking for other options I would consider Torn-T (I believe Serp is very good here, though). Glare could work well against opposing Torn-T if you feel you are having trouble with it.

Stored Power would be an interesting option to try on Latias as it helps against Unaware users on Stall teams.

I would also add Weavile to the threatlist, as only your own Weavile can semi-reliably kill every time.

Edit: Just to clarify, I am saying the Mega Sableye does not switch into Excadrill, not that Excadrill counters it.

Last edited:
Hi nice rmt n_n,Mega Sab isn't a threat because u have serperior this is your check to mega sab and it fucks it hard also Excadrill can't deal with mega sab we know that mega sab has magic bounce not prankster but still it 2hko's mega sab so mega sab can burn it so its atk will be lowered on next turn and sab can recover in that turn but u have serp so no worries,actually there are a lot of teams weak to Azumarill but u still have a check ,mega azu has only counter i.e. Mega venue(and even it can't switch out :p). Your team is good overall u can check weavile if Heatran out speeds it and excadrill also checks it so overall it depends on your game plan how u will deal with your threats,the team is good overall n_n.

P.S. you can try taunt on serp to break stall :)

Thank You for all the support and the comments *Blushes* I'll be updating the team the more I test it but it seems to be really solid in the meta. Hopefully I can get above 1500 and start fighting more standard teams to give you guys more legitmate threats and better sets. Might do another RMT in the near future, teambuilding is quite intersting to me and I enjoy the challenge

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Happy that you are glad with the support :]. Just as an extra tip, but Heatran should run 28 HP/252 SpA/228 Spe with a Timid nature as it still OHKOs Talonflame and Charizard-Y with it (bulky Talonflame is a roll, but still is with Hasty), and 228 allows it to outspeed Mega Lopunny (the extra EVs can be put into bulk).

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks like it fares quite well against most threats, one of your biggest weakness being one to Starmie which looks really threatening as long as it runs Ice Beam to hit Serperior and MLatias. Starmie probably isn't too troublesome though since MLatias avoids the 2HKO from Ice Beam meaning that it can set up on Starmie as long as it doesn't switch into Ice Beam. I'm a bit more worried about Weavile, who looks very difficult to switch into. The best fix I can think of for this is running Azumarill on your team, which can check both of these, Weavile more so than Starmie since Psyshock still hurts and Tbolt, while not common, is sometimes seen on Starmie. Azu is a bit tricky to fit on your team, the best way to fit it there is to run it over Mega Latias since it mostly checks the same things and keeps the Fire/Water/Grass core intact, you do become weaker to Keldeo though due to Scald burns which I guess is a problem. This also means you go without a mega which is unfortunate but not every team needs a mega (plus, if you want to try out a different mega like Lopunny over Weavile or MMetagross over Heatran you're free to do that) Running Azumarill means you can probably afford to use Pursuit over Low Kick on Weavile more easily, this lets you trap Starmie and remove it from play, and also removes stuff like Slowbro and Celebi for Excadrill to sweep more easily. However Low Kick does give nice coverage, espeically on Bisharp which could be a pain otherwise.

Another option is Mega Slowbro over Mega Latias. It deals with Ice Beam Starmie better, and though it does lose to Tbolt, it's less common than Ice Beam, and Serperior is able to check TBolt variants anyway. Believe it or not, it also beats Weavile, Knock Off doesn't 2HKO because of Slowbronite and Mega Slowbro's massive bulk. Generally speaking, it checks most of what MLatias does and fits rather nicely over it. It also handles Keldeo very well, which is Latias's main role on this team. A CM set takes on Starmie and Weavile better, but an offensive set has more immediate power so you may prefer that.

If you do keep Mega Latias, I don't think an offensive set is ideal for your team, even if it does enable you to deal with Starmie and Weavile better, since Mega Latias is a bit passive and lets stuff like MGardevoir, MDiancie and MMetagross come in for free over and over again which you don't necessarily want. I would maybe try an Offensive Calm Mind set, this gives Mega Latias more offensive presence and lets it check weakened Azumarill and stuff.

You could also try Mega Altaria over Mega Latias, this makes you weaker to Keldeo since MAlt is slower and frailer, as well as Starmie, but Altaria does have Heal Bell to restore burns from Keldeo as well as act as a cleric for the rest of the team. Generally speaking, MAltaria is an excellent Pokemon which fits very well on Sand, and can lure checks to Excadrill like Skarmory and Ferrothorn via Fire Blast, or Heatran for Serperior (though people expect Earthquake more than Fire Blast since it's more common nowadays). Any excuse to use Mega Altaria is a good one in my mind and it does fit rather well on your team so maybe try that out.

(btw this team is much more bulky offense or balance than it is hyper offense, just thought I'd point that out)

Azumarill @ Assault Vest (you can run a BD or Banded set too, I think AV is better for this team though since you heavily rely on Azumarill's defensive capabilities which are enhanced by AV)
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenrator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock / Iron Defense
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenrator
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 136 SpA / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic / Ice Beam
- Fire Blast / Grass Knot

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 168 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Heal Bell / Earthquake
- Roost

Last edited:

Unlucky Desperado

Banned deucer.
Just a quick suggestion. Mega Latias takes care of mega manectric, raikou, all the electrics because of its bulk. You could run max defense on hippowdon for it to better check physical attackers and keep same spread for mega latias

Thanks for all the support, Mega Slowbro seems like a very intersesting fit. I am more than interested in testing that, but if I do that I leaves me open to special attacks as if I dont have Mega Lati I don't really has anything that wants to take a hit from anything special, I was definiately looking for an alternative item to live orb, due to the fact of when ever I switch Serperior in on a scald it always seems to get burned -_-. Taunt is a good option that I need to try but glare would be my only form of status for the opponents team. As much as I would like. Its so hard to decide on the mega because my Mega Lati always seems to fall into two categories in each game: 1. As soon as the dark types are gone it just boosts up, reflect types and wins me the game or 2. Its the most useless mon on my team the I switch in to Sp. Atks and use as status foughter. My team really struggles with Water types, Choice Scarf Keldeo, DD Feraligator, Anything with a Shell Smash is very scary for this team. But that being said Mega Slow Bro seems like a good addition to this team I might run STAB, recovery, and CM with that and Hippo they cover each other pretty well. As far as Mega Alt goes I just cant due to the simple fact that if I don't have a psychic type this team is destroyed by Mega Venu. Yes, he can't really do anything to some of the members on my team but with his recovery and leech seed he doesn't have too. As far as stone edge on Hippo goes, whirlwind is a far better utility IMO stone edge only really lets it hit Talonflame and Thundurus, but whirlwind has save my butt in so many situations where an opponent tried to setup or sub on a switch and I just whirlwind them out. My thoughts on Mega Lopunny is that I just think Weavile is too potent in the meta game right now. Ive had games where I have been down 2 mons to 4 but sinced all the checks were gone Weavile just cleaned up the game. Final thoughts are Mega Slowbro I like the idea of and will give it a try, an offensive Mega Lati makes some sense and seems interesting, but then leaves me open to Sp Atks. If anyone has some multiple sets for Mega Slowbro I'd love to try them. And as for Weavile as a threat as mentioned before as long as Excadrill and Heatran and Mega lati are preserved (I once kill a Weavile by reflect typing a fire type and then had Weaville kill himself with LO hits ^_^) then its not a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)