ORAS OU "That's the spirit. You can't stop me, and you never will" (w/ Mega-Alakazam 1519 elo)

Team Preview

Introducution

Hi everyone, Smogon ! I'm BerlinJump and i'm a french player. This is the 3rd RMT I post here. The team I want to propose you it's a team balanced. Moving on, here's a team built around one of a best Mega-Pokemon, Mega-Alakazam.

Team Analysis

Nega-Flash (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves: Encore | Focus Blast | Psychic | Shadow Ball

Mega-Alakazam is the most important member of the team, and is my primary win condition. He takes on pretty much anything that is slower than it, and has very few switch ins with i'ts coverage. If it's not a resist or a special wall, it's going to take at least half. It takes on Keldeo, Gengar, and Starmie, while also checking Latios, Mega-Metagross and weather abusers. I've been prefering Psychic over Psyshock because it hit's physically bulky threats like Gliscor and Mega-Venusaur harder, and they are a pain for me otherwise. Unfortunately, this also means I have a harder time breaking things that boost with CM. All in all, Mega-Alakazam is a very anti-meta threat with it's insane speed and power, and able to sweep something at any point in the game.

Caitlin Snow (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Moves: Calm Mind | Flamethrower | Moonblast | Soft-Boiled

Clefable is one member important in the team, Moonblast and Flamethrower lets me hit most things not named Heatran neutrally, and pretty hard after one or two CM. Soft-Boiled lets Clefable stay healthy, and Calm Mind is for setup. I have Flamethrower starred because I've been switching that slot between several mooves (Thunderbolt, Psyshock), but Flamethrower has been the most consistent option. I use Magic Guard to get burned by weaker Scalds early on to prevent paralysis, and I'll usually go for Flamethrower a lot early game if my opponent's best fairy check is Scizor and Ferrothorn.

Eddie Thawne (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Impish
EVs: 244 HP / 168 Def / 96 Spe
Moves: Dragon Tail | Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Toxic

Garchomp is most of the time my lead for this team, it's one of the best punishments for physical attackers. With a defensive spread of 108/95/85 and an offensive one of 130/80/102. With 96 speed investment he reaches 264 speed, which outspeeds Jolly Bisharp where he then can KO with Earthquake. However I found my self having trouble with some physical attackers even after the attack drop. Then I remembered how annoying Rocky Helmet and Rough Skinq. Basic moves choices. Stealth Rock for hazzards, Toxic for a stallers. Dragon Tail to shuffle and rack up hazard damage if they are lacking a fairy, and EQ for a powerful STAB.

Cisco (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Moves: Foul Play | Magnet Rise | Spikes | Thunder Wave

Klefki, a rather odd choice yes, but before Klefki I had Lati. Latios was suppose to provide defog support but I felt it to offensive for a balanced team that I'm looking for. Latias was going to be in this slot until I noticed that I really needed speed control for my Gard to go against M-Gyarados and Charizards and Rotom can't really check that thing. I also needed someone to check Sand Rush and AV Mold Breaker Excadrill. I have Spikes to help wear down the enemy team, especially if my Heatran falls. Like said T-Wave is for speed control. Foul Play hit Excadrill with the combination of Magnet Rise.

Leonard Snart (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Nature: Rash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Moves: Earth Power | Fusion Bolt | Ice Beam | Outrage

Kyurem-B's role in my team is Wallbreaking, so Gyarados kann possibly sweep. It neutralises Rotom-W, avoiding Levitate thanks to Teravolt. Outrage is just because, at 170 base attack, a powerful STAB-move like Outrage is fantasticat dishing out massive amounts of damage and hits most of the tier neutrally. Ice Beam is the best STAB move it gets, while Fusion Bolt provides a pseudo BoltBeam Coverage. Earth Power on the last slot is used for Rotom-W and other electric types.

Wade Eiling (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves: Energy Ball | Ice Beam | Scald | Tail Glow

Manaphy is a really good sweeper. Tail Glow when I use this as a lead sometimes on the first turn I use this to start sweeping some teams and taking out talonflame if you're feeling lucky go for 2 tail glows as that is like a 1 shot everything. Scald being my main STAB move it is a great sweeping move as it can burn and also really high chance of 1HKOing after 1-2 tail glows it can 1-2HKO pokemons that are Fire type, Ice type and Fighting. Energy Ball is for coverage to pokemons that are also Water type or other manaphies. Ice beam is coverage to Dragon types and on pokemons like Gliscor or stallers like Chansey to attempt to freeze them.

Threat List
I need your help for that !!

Importable:
Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Outrage

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Scald

- Tail Glow

Thanks for reading and have a good day !!​

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man cool team it's very solid! I have a few suggestions that can help you out though. The first thing that pops out at me is that you have no hazard removal which can be pretty annoying to this team. Your team is also very weak to keldeo as nothing can come in and comfortably take a hit from it. I suggest running latios over kyurem-b. You have manaphy and zam to terrorize more defensive teams and clefable is very annoying for these teams to deal with as well so kyub won't be missed too much. Latios gives you that much needed defog support and also a fantastic water resist as well to lessen the threat that is keldeo. I just choose the standard roost+defog+2atk set here since a scarf trick set loses the ability to switch into keldeo often. With this change however you become weaker to stall, specifically chansey. The next change helps to alleviate this however.

I suggest you change the spread on clefable to 252hp/184def/72spdef, 0 iv's in speed, sassy nature, and also replace flamethrower with stored power. The spread is the standard clefable spread which allows you to take on various electric types in ou such as thundy and Mmanectric while also getting a good roll on latios's psyshock with the def investment. The speed changes (idea shamelessly stolen from a PDC set) allow you to actually set up all over ferrothorn. Therefore flamethrower is not really needed since you have mana+chomp to beat scizor. Stored power allows clef to blow through chansey and most defensive teams in general which makes a pretty cruel trio of wallbreakers in zam+manaphy then finishing it up with clefable.
+6 0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 363-428 (56.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Clefable: 194-229 (49.2 - 58.1%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 72+ SpD Unaware Clefable: 164-194 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery -you outlast due to unaware clef having to use moonlight as recovery which has only 8pp.
sassy+0 spe ivs: 0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (70 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184 Def Clefable: 150-176 (38 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Other than these changes the team looks very solid. Hope I helped and good luck with the team! I'l leave the changes in the tab below.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Hey man, thanks for your propositions. I don't like the set with stored power on clefable and for latios i don't need a water resistance and i don't need defoger/spinner in this team.

Hi, I just deleted a handful of one-liners regarding the necessity of having hazard removal. This is not the place to debate if a hazard remover is needed on every team or not. If the OP feels like he is fine without it that's his choice.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there BerlinJump, this is a really cool team, but it has some pretty glaring weaknesses that can easily be patched up. Firstly, offensive Steel-types such as SD Mega Scizor and Mega Metagross cause hacov, as Garchomp is your only switch-in. Due to running Toxic over Fire Blast, Scizor doesn't really fear anything except recoil from Rouch Skin and Rocky Helmet, while Metagross is capable of 2HKOing with Meteor Mash, or outright OHKOing with Ice Punch. Another major issue is opposing Calm Mind Clefable, because as it stands, your only way of beating it is with Manaphy or your own Clefable (or with Encore from Alakazam, but this is even shakier than the other two). At best you manage to weaken it with boosted Moonblast's or Scald's, but in some scenarios opposing Clefable will be able to clean sweep your team. Secondly, your team struggles to handle strong wallbreakers such as Keldeo, Mega Charizard X, and Kyurem-B. Your only water-resists are Manaphy and Kyurem-B, both of which take a ton of damage from Secret Sword. The same goes for Mega Charizard X and Kyurem-B; your only resists to their main STAB moves fall to their other STABs or their coverage moves. To somewhat patch up the issues with Steel-types and Clefable, I'd suggest you run Fire Blast over Toxic on Garchomp, and specially defensive Skarmory over Klefki. With Fire Blast Garchomp instantly becomes a decent answer to Mega Scizor, making it much less of an issue. Specially defensive Skarmory allows you to have a switch-in to Mega Metagross's Meteor Mash, and with Iron Head and Whirlwind, CM Clefable has a harder time sweeping. Skarmort is also capable of stacking Spikes, just like Klefki.

Making your team more resistant to the wallbreakers is a harder task, as it forces the team to somewhat change its original ideas. My suggestion is that you use Slowbro over Manaphy, and a Clefable with investment in Special Defense. While it might sound wierd to exchange the team's primary sweeper for a defensive Pokemon, it gives your team a method to beat both Keldeo and Mega Charizard X, while also making the team much sturdier against Mega Lopunny and Mega Metagross. It can also run Thunnder Wave, fulfilling Klefki's role as a paralysis spreader. By giving Clefable some EVs in Special Defense and a Calm nature it becomes capable of avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Kyurem-B's Ice Beam, only fearing the uncommon Iron Head. By making these changes the team becomes more solid defenisvely, but it loses a lot of offensive presence. One option to solve this issue is to change Kyurem-B's set to the Life Orb attacker, which is a lot better at breaking bulkier teams than the Choice Scarf set. You have multiple options when it comes to coverage, from Earth Power for Rotom-W and Steel-types, Iron Head for Fairy-types (especially nice for luring Clefable), and Hidden Power Fire for Scizor and Ferrothorn. I suggest you test find out what options you like best yourself, but personally I like Iron Head the most. Those are the suggestions I have, of course they are all optional, but I urge you to test them. Hope I helped you, and good luck with your team n_n

Summary:
| Fire Blast > Toxic

| Special Defense investment
| Life Orb Attacker
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head
- Spikes

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)