Moltres @ Charti Berry
100 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Nature: Modest
Ability: Pressure
-Hurricane
-Flamethrower
-Ancient Power
-Protect

I think this combo in rain could be quite good. They cover each others weaknesses pretty well, as Swampert resists Rock and is immune to Electric, and Moltres has a x4 resist to Grass. Moltres is great at dealing with all the pesky Grass types that wall Swampert, such as Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, and Mega Venusaur. Hurricane+EQ easily takes out Amoonguss/Mega Venusaur. Moltres also has a great matchup against opposing Sun teams. Ancient Power OHKO's Charizard-Y's that aren't fully invested in HP, and Flamethrower will do massive damage to anything that doesn't resist. The biggest threat to Moltres are rock users such as Terrakion/Landorus, which are scared off by the rain aspect of the team.

Moltres' EV spread allows it to survive 252+ Kangaskhan return, outspeed maximum speed Breloom, Bisharp, and Ludicolo outside of rain, and has just enough special attack to get the extra point from the boosting nature.

Moltres > Talonflame because it actually has some bulk, and deals way more damage.

Feel free to tinker with their movesets as you see fit, these are just the first sets I came up with.

Attachments

...A core...
The original core:

Charizard @ Charizardite-Y
Ability: Blaze
Level: 50
EVs: 228 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Pledge
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Swampert @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Wide Guard
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Replaced with Suicune

My additions:

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

So, this was a kind of wierd core to work with. The double mega with Venusaur and Charizard seems kind of wierd, but I guess it could work. I also noted that you opened yourself for swapping out Swampert, so I ended up swapping it for Suicune. Suicune provides Tailwind support to your team, which really helps when you have a bulky Char Y. If you bring Venusaur and not Charizard, Venusaur mega also really like Tailwind. Suicune doesn't check Kangaskhan in any way, but it is not any kind of weak to it either. It can land a Scald burn if you are lucky, and that obviously destroyes Kang. Suicune's spread lets it outspeed and OHKO Landorus-T when Tailwind is up, and also have plenty of bulk. Snarl is there to cripple special attackers.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

You said that you needed a way to beat Kang, huh? If Swampert goes away you will lose that precious Wide Guard? Welcome Aegislash to your world, and your problems will be solved. Aegislash is the best way ever to stop Kangaskhan, and it also provides you with that precious Wide Guard. If you get off your Weakness Policy, then you are free to deal out damage with a nice +2 base 150 SpA Shadow Ball or Flash Cannon. Even without a Weakness Policy boost, Aegislash hits hard enough. The EVs allow you to live Specs Draco from Hydreigon. Aegislash is honestly not happy with Tailwind being up, but that is not really difficult to work around.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def / 4 SpD / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Now, to just completely make you destroy Kangakshan, comes Landorus-T. Intimidate makes Kang hit not that hard, and if you have a bad matchup, just U-Turn out and spread more Intimidate's later on. Rock Slide spam with a possibility of flinches is always a winner. Earthquake synergizes well with Zard Y, and is the only STAB. Superpower has the possibility of OHKO'ing Kangaskhan, works best if Kang has taken some damage from before. The EV spread allows you to live +1 LO Sucker Punch from Bisharp and outspeed Jolly Weavile, while you still have maximum Attack.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

For the final slot, I ended up landing on the great mother of Hyper Vocie spam, Sylveon. Only that this set has Pixie Plate and Protect. Protect gives you that big surprise factor, catching so many people off guard. Hyper Voice is obviously the only thing you are going to use, but you have Psyshock and HP Ground for coverage just in case. The EV spread makes you speed creep Cybertron's speed creeping spread by one point. Sylveon also completely destroys dragons, you only have to watch out for Mega Mence's Double-Edge.

That's about it, I hope this team will work out for you, at least better than that Arbok team. It has worked with great success for me, it only struggles a bit against Mega Venusaur, but Char Y usually deals enough damage to make it less of a problem. This is the first team I have built here so I hope I did well. (Sorry for no Lucky Chant)

Import
Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Swampert @ Life Orb
EVs: 188 HP / 4 Def / 236 SpA / 4 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pledge
- Wide Guard
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Replaced with Suicune

My additions:

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

So, this was a kind of wierd core to work with. The double mega with Venusaur and Charizard seems kind of wierd, but I guess it could work. I also noted that you opened yourself for swapping out Swampert, so I ended up swapping it for Suicune. Suicune provides Tailwind support to your team, which really helps when you have a bulky Char Y. If you bring Venusaur and not Charizard, Venusaur mega also really like Tailwind. Suicune doesn't check Kangaskhan in any way, but it is not any kind of weak to it either. It can land a Scald burn if you are lucky, and that obviously destroyes Kang. Suicune's spread lets it outspeed and OHKO Landorus-T when Tailwind is up, and also have plenty of bulk. Snarl is there to cripple special attackers.

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

You said that you needed a way to beat Kang, huh? If Swampert goes away you will lose that precious Wide Guard? Welcome Aegislash to your world, and your problems will be solved. Aegislash is the best way ever to stop Kangaskhan, and it also provides you with that precious Wide Guard. If you get off your Weakness Policy, then you are free to deal out damage with a nice +2 base 150 SpA Shadow Ball or Flash Cannon. Even without a Weakness Policy boost, Aegislash hits hard enough. The EVs allow you to live Specs Draco from Hydreigon. Aegislash is honestly not happy with Tailwind being up, but that is not really difficult to work around.

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Now, to just completely make you destroy Kangakshan, comes Landorus-T. Intimidate makes Kang hit not that hard, and if you have a bad matchup, just U-Turn out and spread more Intimidate's later on. Rock Slide spam with a possibility of flinches is always a winner. Earthquake synergizes well with Zard Y, and is the only STAB. Superpower has the possibility of OHKO'ing Kangaskhan, works best if Kang has taken some damage from before. The EV spread allows you to live +1 LO Sucker Punch from Bisharp and outspeed Jolly Weavile, while you still have maximum Attack.

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

For the final slot, I ended up landing on the great mother of Hyper Vocie spam, Sylveon. Only that this set has Pixie Plate and Protect. Protect gives you that big surprise factor, catching so many people off guard. Hyper Voice is obviously the only thing you are going to use, but you have Psyshock and HP Ground for coverage just in case. The EV spread makes you speed creep Cybertron's speed creeping spread by one point. Sylveon also completely destroys dragons, you only have to watch out for Mega Mence's Double-Edge.

That's about it, I hope this team will work out for you, at least better than that Arbok team. It has worked with great success for me, it only struggles a bit against Mega Venusaur, but Char Y usually deals enough damage to make it less of a problem. This is the first team I have built here so I hope I did well. (Sorry for no Lucky Chant)

Import
Modest Nature
- Fire Pledge
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest Nature
- Grass Pledge
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Hmm, alright, I see where you went. You weren't that far off of where I went, actually.
Scarf Landog is about the only thing I'd contest with, tbh; Suicune, Aegislash*, (Mega) Venusaur, and Sylveon all are a bit nervous about a choice locked EQ spam.. and I'm really a bastard on Choice items (outside of ingame play / Slaking). Is LO Landog insane?
Sylveon I'd tweak the EVs (76 Speed for Tailwind, bye Thundurus) but eh. I never used one, so could be fun.
Suicune... maybe Icy Wind > Ice Beam to couter opposing Tailwind, since Sylveon would handle Dragons. Of course, it's also a Lando-T answer with Ice Beam so it's a toss up. Main issue with Suicune is it's so darn weak in Sun / does not beat Heatran at all in sun. Swampert gives a mere 1 fuck in sun and that's just because it loses a Talonflame OHKO. Then again, Landog solves both.
Aegislash is a boss I'm very familiar with so that's all good.

* Has Wide Guard at least, but spamming Wide guard just to prevent Landog from KOing its partner is kinda... wasteful.

I'll get a RMT up soon (in the proper forum, omg) and see what coms out of it. This was a good post, gave me things to think about after VGCs.

Hmm, alright, I see where you went. You weren't that far off of where I went, actually.
Scarf Landog is about the only thing I'd contest with, tbh; Suicune, Aegislash*, (Mega) Venusaur, and Sylveon all are a bit nervous about a choice locked EQ spam.. and I'm really a bastard on Choice items (outside of ingame play / Slaking). Is LO Landog insane?
Sylveon I'd tweak the EVs (76 Speed for Tailwind, bye Thundurus) but eh. I never used one, so could be fun.
Suicune... maybe Icy Wind > Ice Beam to couter opposing Tailwind, since Sylveon would handle Dragons. Of course, it's also a Lando-T answer with Ice Beam so it's a toss up. Main issue with Suicune is it's so darn weak in Sun / does not beat Heatran at all in sun. Swampert gives a mere 1 fuck in sun and that's just because it loses a Talonflame OHKO. Then again, Landog solves both.
Aegislash is a boss I'm very familiar with so that's all good.

* Has Wide Guard at least, but spamming Wide guard just to prevent Landog from KOing its partner is kinda... wasteful.

I'll get a RMT up soon (in the proper forum, omg) and see what coms out of it. This was a good post, gave me things to think about after VGCs.
Life Orb Landorus-T does sound kind of insane, I have however heard good things about AV Landorus-T. Icy Wind Suicune is also something you can feel free to play around with, only thing is that you would want something to OHKO Landorus, but I suppose Icy Wind dealing ~1/2 of its health and lowering its Speed to below base 100 'mons could work out. Also, trust me, using Sylveon is fun. It has a 96% chance to 2HKO Kang with Hyper Voice, and does right around 66%-78% with HP Ground against 252 HP Heatran (I might need to breed a HP Ground Sylveon myself tbh). Tweaking the Speed EVs on Sylveon is always possible, just play around with the numbers yourself until you are satisfied with the spread.

Okay guys, so I know that Raichu can do it better, but my absolute favorite Pokémon ever (coming from a original Pokémon red yellow and blue player) is Pikachu. And I'm planning to blow the metagame to pieces with mine. Can someone please give me some ideas to build a team around him? I'm gonna use it for VGC15, Please. I'm still new to the metagame and I'm unsure how to roll with this.

My Pikachu is as follows:

Pikachu @ light ball
Jolly: 252att 252speed 4hp

-fake out
-volt tackle
-brick break
-knock off

Again, please and thanks

If you want to use Pikachu in VGC, you'd be much better using it in a support role. It doesn't have the stats to run offense. Even with a Light Ball Pikachu only just manages to scrape KOs, and that's before you factor in Intimidate, Burns etc. It's defenses are pretty low as well so it'll go down pretty easily before it has the chance to do anything.

You'd be better off running something like this:

Pikachu @ Eviolite/ Focus Sash
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Volt Switch/ Protect
- Nuzzle

The one thing Pikachu has is a pretty okay base 90 speed, so you should build to make use of that. Lightning Rod allows you to bring in your Water and Flying Types safely against pokemon such as Manectric. The idea of this Pikachu is to jump in, Fake Out, Spread Paralysis and annoy opponents until it dies. You have the choice of Focus Sash for one guaranteed turn or Eviolite for extra staying power. To be honest it'll probably die in a hit or two anyway, so I suggest Focus sash. Intimidate support will be quite helpful to it, so Arcanine, Gyarados and Landorus-T will make good teammates. Gyarados in particular will enjoy the electric redirection.

If you want to use Pikachu in VGC, you'd be much better using it in a support role. It doesn't have the stats to run offense. Even with a Light Ball Pikachu only just manages to scrape KOs, and that's before you factor in Intimidate, Burns etc. It's defenses are pretty low as well so it'll go down pretty easily before it has the chance to do anything.

You'd be better off running something like this:

Pikachu @ Eviolite/ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Volt Switch/ Protect
- Nuzzle

The one thing Pikachu has is a pretty okay base 90 speed, so you should build to make use of that. Lightning Rod allows you to bring in your Water and Flying Types safely against pokemon such as Manectric. The idea of this Pikachu is to jump in, Fake Out, Spread Paralysis and annoy opponents until it dies. You have the choice of Focus Sash for one guaranteed turn or Eviolite for extra staying power. To be honest it'll probably die in a hit or two anyway, so I suggest Focus sash. Intimidate support will be quite helpful to it, so Arcanine, Gyarados and Landorus-T will make good teammates. Gyarados in particular will enjoy the electric redirection.
Thanks man that makes it a lot easier to build my team around. I'm thinking of using those mons while throwing in a bisharp or mega Kang as well

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
TransparentOpacity

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 68 SpA / 76 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Swampert @ Swampertite
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Moltres @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 84 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Tailwind

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Ok so I will admit right off the bat that this team was very hard to build around. Swampert Moltres + Politoed opened up a lot of holes and made the team extremely weak to Rotom-W, but I will admit that it's a very interesting core that could perform well in the right conditions. So as you can see it's a very offensively based team that aims to deal as much damage as possible in a short amount of time. Swampert Moltres cover each other pretty well, but both have an issue with Rotom-W. Hydreigon is able to switch in on Rotom-W very well and chunk it very hard with Specs Draco Meteor which puts it in range to be KO'd by Swampert and Moltres. Ferrothorn also helps in dealing with Rotom-W as its able to KO Rotom-W while avoiding the Will-O-Wisp burn via Lum Berry. Terrakion was placed on the team to be a Thundurus and Charizard-Y check. Stone Edge gives you way better odds of KOing Bulky Thundurus and Bulky Charizard-Y than Rock Slide would. I prefer Tailwind on Moltres here to help out Hydreigon and Terrakion, but you can use Ancient Power there to have an easier time against Charizard-Y.

Also Moltres's spread allows it to take an Adamant Mega Kangaskhan Return and an Adamant Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt. The speed allows it to outspeed max speed base 70s such as Breloom, and its able to OHKO bulky Aegislash with Expert Belt Overheat. Politoed's spread allows it to tank Adamant Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and Choice Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor. Swampert is able to outspeed Timid Mega Sceptile under the rain. Your Salamence Clefable/Clefairy matchup is going to be difficult so make sure you're able to KO mence before Clefairy comes in or just pick off Clefairy ASAP and then deal with Salamence. Anyways I hope you enjoy the team and feel free to let me know if you have any other issues with it. :]

Sorry for taking so long btw, stuff happened

Last edited:
Thanks man that makes it a lot easier to build my team around. I'm thinking of using those mons while throwing in a bisharp or mega Kang as well
This is something I whipped up quickly, see how this suits you:

Pikachu @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Volt Switch
- Nuzzle

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

Heatran @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Earth Power

Sylveon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Helping Hand

Suicune @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Pikahu's main job in this team is to provide support to its team members. Lightning Rod helps keep Suicune and others safe from Thunderbolts from Thundurus, Zapdos and Rotom-W. Volt Switch allows you to pivot Pikachu out to keep your offensive momentum. It can be especially annoying if you predict a slow fighting type move and switch into Landorus/Sylveon.

I've chosen Kangaskhan as the Mega of Choice for this team because it gives you a few lead options, and helps keep attackers off Pikachu so it can do its job. Pretty bog standard choice of moves, but Kangaskhan is good at doing what it does.

This is an offensive variant of Heatran, choosing to go with a Life Orb over Leftovers or a Sitrus Berry. Heat Wave is your choice STAB, while Flash Cannon destroys fairies on the other side of the field. Earth Power provides you extra coverage against other Heatrans, who will pretty much eat the other moves. Nomtran :D

Sylveon provides a bit of offense and support. Even without Choice Specs, Hyper Voice is nothing to scoff at. Helping Hand allows Sylveon to assist teammates in getting the KO, and is especially helpful in situations where Sylveon won't last the turn for whatever reason as its priority helps it pull this off before it goes down.

Suicune provides valuable Tailwind to the team, which is helpful in getting your team ahead of the competition and nailing them before they can get to you. Coupled with Pikachu's Paralysis you have plenty of speed control options.

Landorus-T is pretty much pure physical offense. Don't be afraid to pivot out and back in to get those Intimidates in!

With this team you have a choice of a Double Fake Out lead with Pikachu and M-Kang. You can also opt not to use Fake out with either and go for Power-Up Punch/ Nuzzle instead. Pikachu also leads well with Landorus, as the Intimidate will force out Physical attackers and give Pikachu free turns to do its thing. You can also lead with Suicune/Pikachu to get Tailwind down. Generally speaking, if you using Pikachu you'll be better off having it in the lead as it will be very difficult to switch it in unless you give it a safe pivot in with Landorus-T.

I would like to note though, whatever you're trying to accomplish with Pikachu, Raichu will do better. This is simply because Pikachu doesn't have the base defenses to pull of Eviolite, and Raichu has higher base stats. So unless you have a very specific reason for using Pikachu, I would consider using Raichu instead.

I haven't tried this team yet myself, but it's definitely somewhere for you to start. Go on Showdown and have a play with it and let us know how you get on.

Hey Brother, I already have a team but I was wondering if you could tweak it and improve where it needs to be improved? Is this the right place to do so? I really appreciate it.

Hey Brother, I already have a team but I was wondering if you could tweak it and improve where it needs to be improved? Is this the right place to do so? I really appreciate it.
This is not the place for that. See the RMT forum, under the category ORAS Other Teams. Make sure to follw the rules there!

thanks a lot jio! i'll definitely give this team a try. it looks solid upon first glance. i guess my only complaint is the large number of inaccurate moves, but i guess there's really no way around it.

hey, here's a team that i've kind of been thinking about.

Timid Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
4 Defense/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Signal Beam
-Hidden Power (Water)

I usually use Jolteon as a lead with either Arcanine or Porygon-Z. The open spot would ideally be a good partner and lead with Jolteon.

Jolly Feraligatr @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sheer Force
252 Attack/4 Defense/252 Speed
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Dance
-Superpower

I've found that Feraligatr works with Mega Venusaur pretty well. If anything, Jolteon Volt Switches into Feraligatr instead of Venusaur; I like using Venusaur last due to its usual sturdiness. Rock Slide also works pretty well against popular flying types. I didn't give it a Life Orb because I don't want to risk the health loss.

Bold Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll/Thick Fat
252 HP/124 Defense/76 Special Attack/52 Special Defense/4 Speed
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Protect
-Sleep Powder

Venusaur is the stronghold of the team. I usually use Sleep Powder when things are getting hectic, then I use Giga Drain when the opponent is asleep and restore. I always have it with Feraligatr, as it covers a lot of Venusaur's weaknesses and also serves as a distraction.

Adamant Arcanine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Defense
-Flare Blitz
-ExtremeSpeed
-Wild Charge
-Crunch

I gave it 252 HP EVs so that it wouldn't die as easily, or to bulk it up a little. It usually leads with Jolteon, so there is more than enough speed in the pair. Wild Charge can be used to support Jolteon because of Volt Absorb, plus it covers it's Water and Rock weaknesses. I use ExtremeSpeed to kill off opponents with only a little bit of health left. I didn't want to use a Life Orb because I like to keep Arcanine alive for as long as possible.

Modest Porygon-Z @ Normal Gem
Ability: Adaptability
80 HP/252 Special Attack/176 Speed
-Tri Attack
-Nasty Plot
-Discharge
-Dark Pulse

I gave Porygon-Z Discharge to be able to support Jolteon. I tag this on with Jolteon as a lead. It usually can put a nice amount of damage with Tri Attack. This one doesn't usually last long, but the damage it does with Tri Attack is worth it. Normal Gem could help with Tri Attack.

The last spot is open. I'd really like to find something that leads with Jolteon well, and that has an Electric type move to support Volt Absorb. I'm pretty set with Feraligatr and Venusaur and a Jolteon lead. The others are mainly for type coverage and little bits of support. If there are any things that seem weird, please tell me lol and I'll fix them. especially EV spreads
This thread is not really for giving you the final member of your team, but for us to build a team around a core or idea you have. If you leave us a core of 2 to 3 Pokemon, and preferably an idea of what direction you want the team to head in, us builders would be happy to help. We are here to build, not edit.

I want to use as few legendaries as possible in this team, but I only have three pokes I know for sure I want to use, but I don't know what spreads to use for two of them...
But help would be nice! I want the team to sorta go for a double Voice sweep.
Salamence Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate -> Aerialate
Nature: Timid
252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
-Hyper Voice
-Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Protect

Sylveon Choice Specs
Ability: Pixellate
Nature: Modest

-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-HP Ground

Rotom-Wash Leftovers
Nature: Bold

-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
-Hydro Pump
-Thunderbolt

This thread is not really for giving you the final member of your team, but for us to build a team around a core or idea you have. If you leave us a core of 2 to 3 Pokemon, and preferably an idea of what direction you want the team to head in, us builders would be happy to help. We are here to build, not edit.
oops sorry ill delete

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
i'm not in need of a team or anything but props to you guys for taking the time to do this for new friends!

M&M (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

kittykat3568 (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 48 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Serious Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball

Going for the classic of the classic. The two impose a reign of terror when they are in the feild simultaniously even if a few exeptions such as aegislash walls them. Any chance i may get a team that can complement this core?

Oriolous

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Building around Hyper Voice spam actually turned out to be fun, and I really like this team. Starting off, I saw that I had the beginning of a Dragon, Fairy, Steel core and the beginning of a Fire, Water, Grass core. So I ended up building a team consisting of these two cores. First off I added Aegislash, as it is so good for patching up weaknesses, as Steel is an amazing defensive typing, and it completed the Fairy, Dragon, Steel core. Wide Guard support is also nice. Next came Amoonguss, as it and Mega Venusaur are almost the only options for defensive Grass-types, and the mega slot was taken. Also contributes to the Fire, Water, Grass core. Nothing special about this Amoonguss, just the basic redirecting, Sporespreading, mushroom we all know and love. Completing the Fire, Water, Grass core comes Blaziken. I was kind of torn between either mixed or physical Blaziken. Mixed gave me better ways to beat Landorus-T and Mega Salamence, but physical gave me Rock Slide, giving the team an answer to Charizard Y. Ended up with physical, as Rotom-W deals with Lando-T and Sylveon with Salamence, and nothing else deals with Charizard.

Now for what the spreads do. Sylveon survives Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and Double-Edge from Mega Salamence, it even has a 75 % chance of surviving it from Adamant Salamence. The rest is thrown into SpA, and I invested a lot in bulk since Sylveon hits so hard with Specs anyways. Rotom-W OHKO's 4 HP Lando-T 100 % of the time, and the rest is invested in physical defense. I can note that it lives +1 Double-Edge from Jolly Kangaskhan (A scenario where this is useful would be if a Kangaskhan gets Intimidated, uses PuP, and Rotom comes in, survives, and uses WoW. I also changed Pain Split to Protect as it is better for Rotom-W, and Pain Split is more of a singles thing. Aegislash survives Specs Dark Pulse from Hydreigon, rest dumped into SpA. Amoonguss is a basic all-out physical bulk, and Blaziken is a basic all-out fast attacker.

Although it was fun, building around this was not too easy. You said no legendaries, and so i did. But to achieve that I had to scrap a lot of ideas. I tried to fit speed control in, but it was very difficult to do. However, you don't face Tailwind too much these days, the only thing that is a bit of a problem is Trick Room, but Sylveon often deals nicely with that. I still think that the team is solid, and I have laddered quite a bit with it, to good success. Overall I really like the team, and I hope you do. If you have any issues or questions about the team, let me know.

Oriolous

Salamence @ Salamencite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

Building around Hyper Voice spam actually turned out to be fun, and I really like this team. Starting off, I saw that I had the beginning of a Dragon, Fairy, Steel core and the beginning of a Fire, Water, Grass core. So I ended up building a team consisting of these two cores. First off I added Aegislash, as it is so good for patching up weaknesses, as Steel is an amazing defensive typing, and it completed the Fairy, Dragon, Steel core. Wide Guard support is also nice. Next came Amoonguss, as it and Mega Venusaur are almost the only options for defensive Grass-types, and the mega slot was taken. Also contributes to the Fire, Water, Grass core. Nothing special about this Amoonguss, just the basic redirecting, Sporespreading, mushroom we all know and love. Completing the Fire, Water, Grass core comes Blaziken. I was kind of torn between either mixed or physical Blaziken. Mixed gave me better ways to beat Landorus-T and Mega Salamence, but physical gave me Rock Slide, giving the team an answer to Charizard Y. Ended up with physical, as Rotom-W deals with Lando-T and Sylveon with Salamence, and nothing else deals with Charizard.

Now for what the spreads do. Sylveon survives Jolly Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge and Double-Edge from Mega Salamence, it even has a 75 % chance of surviving it from Adamant Salamence. The rest is thrown into SpA, and I invested a lot in bulk since Sylveon hits so hard with Specs anyways. Rotom-W OHKO's 4 HP Lando-T 100 % of the time, and the rest is invested in physical defense. I can note that it lives +1 Double-Edge from Jolly Kangaskhan (A scenario where this is useful would be if a Kangaskhan gets Intimidated, uses PuP, and Rotom comes in, survives, and uses WoW. I also changed Pain Split to Protect as it is better for Rotom-W, and Pain Split is more of a singles thing. Aegislash survives Specs Dark Pulse from Hydreigon, rest dumped into SpA. Amoonguss is a basic all-out physical bulk, and Blaziken is a basic all-out fast attacker.

Although it was fun, building around this was not too easy. You said no legendaries, and so i did. But to achieve that I had to scrap a lot of ideas. I tried to fit speed control in, but it was very difficult to do. However, you don't face Tailwind too much these days, the only thing that is a bit of a problem is Trick Room, but Sylveon often deals nicely with that. I still think that the team is solid, and I have laddered quite a bit with it, to good success. Overall I really like the team, and I hope you do. If you have any issues or questions about the team, let me know.
My only concern is my inability to get a Wide Guard Aegislash on the cart, which is where I intend on building this team eventually. But I'm gonna test this team for myself on Showdown and maybe tweak Aegis a bit. Thanks!

My only concern is my inability to get a Wide Guard Aegislash on the cart, which is where I intend on building this team eventually. But I'm gonna test this team for myself on Showdown and maybe tweak Aegis a bit. Thanks!
If you are not running Wide Guard Aegislash I would suggest a Substitute Leftovers set. Just replace Wide Guard with Substitute, give it Leftovers, and you are good to go. Also, I have a battle ready Aegislash with Wide Guard that I could give you, the only bummer is that it has 30 Speed IVs instead of 0. If you are interested in that one pm me.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Ask around on forums and such - I'm sure plenty of people have breeding leftovers with wide guard that they could give you

Oriolous

Salamence @ Salamencite
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Protect

I just realized something... There are 5 special attackers on the team. ...Is there any particular reason Aegis needs to be special? Or is it just so it has decent STAB, given the only physical ghost move it gets that is worth it is Shadow Sneak?

I just realized something... There are 5 special attackers on the team. ...Is there any particular reason Aegis needs to be special? Or is it just so it has decent STAB, given the only physical ghost move it gets that is worth it is Shadow Sneak?
When Aegislash is special it won't need to worry about Intimidate or burn, and it has best STABs on the special side. It would be nice with one more physical attacker, but I did not find this too much of a problem as that only gives you a bad matchup gainst Chansey (which is really rare), and possibly Calm Mind Cresselia. There are not really any dedicated special walls in VGC, which is why it is okay to have more special attackers than physical attackers. If you want another physical attacker into the team, the only thing I see possible would be maybe switch Amoonuss for Breloom, as it provides Spore just as Amoonguss. Out side of Spore though, it does not really have anything in common with Amoonguss other than the Grass-typing, so I am not sure about how it would be for the team in its hole to use Breloom instead. You can however just try a few games with Breloom instead of Amoonguss, or possibly any other changes you might want to try, and see if you like it more. This team is far from perfect, and can probably be tweaked a bit to fit better for you.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
When Aegislash is special it won't need to worry about Intimidate or burn, and it has best STABs on the special side. It would be nice with one more physical attacker, but I did not find this too much of a problem as that only gives you a bad matchup gainst Chansey (which is really rare), and possibly Calm Mind Cresselia. There are not really any dedicated special walls in VGC, which is why it is okay to have more special attackers than physical attackers. If you want another physical attacker into the team, the only thing I see possible would be maybe switch Amoonuss for Breloom, as it provides Spore just as Amoonguss. Out side of Spore though, it does not really have anything in common with Amoonguss other than the Grass-typing, so I am not sure about how it would be for the team in its hole to use Breloom instead. You can however just try a few games with Breloom instead of Amoonguss, or possibly any other changes you might want to try, and see if you like it more. This team is far from perfect, and can probably be tweaked a bit to fit better for you.
You do have to worry about snarl spam teams though, which a lot of arcanine, suicune, and raikou carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)