Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

CursePert is plenty strong on its own, being able to set up on a huge portion of OU's defensive threats, special attackers, and even some physical attackers, then sweeping anything that isn't Ferro or something with Water Absorb / Dry Skin. Torn-T helps it out by switching it in quickly with U-turn, tanking a lot of Grass moves aimed at Swampert, and dealing with Ferrothorn.

Problem is, I've had massive problems trying to cover its weaknesses, mainly things that carry the surprise Grass Knot (Thundy-I, M-Metagross, etc), Energy Ball Manaphy, and worst of all SD sweepers like M-Pinsir or M-Scizor, which can out-boost Swampert and are tanky enough to survive at least one boosted hit from it. A team that helps me break through these threats and helps M-Swampert fulfill its role is something I've tried multiple times and failed at, which is why I'd like to see a more experienced builder have at it.

NOTE: Though it might look rather obvious given the set, this Swampert is not meant for rain teams at all. The entire point of this set is an attempt to make Swampert at least a little relevant outside of rain.

Last edited:
I Want a team with this core if it Possible please

+

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Grass Knot
- Zen Headbutt

The Offensive Metagross Set, It Hits very hard and he can 2HKO Slowbro and make a lot of damage to Defoggers, break stall and more
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Slowbro: 240-284 (60.9 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gastrodon: 284-336 (66.6 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 232-274 (72.7 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

and Thundurus because he has prankster, it Kill Tankchomp, he can t-wave 110 Speed base and make a lot of damage to Birdspam and it has volt switch to hit and run.

Thanks

DarkNostalgia

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

I will admit I had to go back to the drawing board a couple times with this core. However, after a bunch of mental frustration I was able to build a team around it which I am happy with. A lot of the team is based around weakening the opposition enough for Sharpedo to come in and clean up, which is a pretty easy strategy and as such make the team a lot easier to use. On to the team itself: Rocky Helmet Garchomp imo is kind of a must for teaming up with Mega Sharpedo; in one slot, it weakens the opposition by setting up Stealth Rocks and punishing physical attackers with 30% damage which with stealth rocks equals minimum 36% damage which is all the better for sharpedo cleaning up after. I then put AV Tornadus-T as it is an excellent source of chip damage with U-turn and Hurricane as well as providing excellent utility with Knock Off. It also is a great partner to Garchomp as Garchomp keeps most physical attackers in check while Tornadus-T does a good job at keeping special attackers in check. At this point, I noticed that the team was really weak to Clefable and stall in general, so I put Taunt Gengar as it beats Clefable with ease and can punish Stall really easily. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave from Gengar also are both really powerful in general and dent teams really easily as its coverage is unresisted and those who can stand up to its attacks are bopped by Taunt. Talonflame finishes up a FWG core and the SD variant is especially helpful for this team as it provides a secondary win condition outside of Sharpedo. If it's not going to be used during a match as a win condition, it keeps Mega Metagross and Mega Altaria in check (the latter which 6-0s otherwise) and provides very powerful priority that takes advantage of weakened opposing Pokemon. Hopefully this team is good for your tastes, I tried many different things such as Weavile + Heatran > Garchomp and Talonflame but after a bunch of tweaking this is the end result.

Last edited:
DarkNostalgia

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Fang

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

I will admit I had to go back to the drawing board a couple times with this core. However, after a bunch of mental frustration I was able to build a team around it which I am happy with. A lot of the team is based around weakening the opposition enough for Sharpedo to come in and clean up, which is a pretty easy strategy and as such make the team a lot easier to use. On to the team itself: Rocky Helmet Garchomp imo is kind of a must for teaming up with Mega Sharpedo; in one slot, it weakens the opposition by setting up Stealth Rocks and punishing physical attackers with 30% damage which with stealth rocks equals minimum 36% damage which is all the better for sharpedo cleaning up after. I then put AV Tornadus-T as it is an excellent source of chip damage with U-turn and Hurricane as well as providing excellent utility with Knock Off. It also is a great partner to Garchomp as Garchomp keeps most physical attackers in check while Tornadus-T does a good job at keeping special attackers in check. At this point, I noticed that the team was really weak to Clefable and stall in general, so I put Taunt Gengar as it beats Clefable with ease and can punish Stall really easily. Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave from Gengar also are both really powerful in general and dent teams really easily as its coverage is unresisted and those who can stand up to its attacks are bopped by Taunt. Talonflame finishes up a FWG core and the SD variant is especially helpful for this team as it provides a secondary win condition outside of Sharpedo. If it's not going to be used during a match as a win condition, it keeps Mega Metagross and Mega Altaria in check (the latter which 6-0s otherwise) and provides very powerful priority that takes advantage of weakened opposing Pokemon. Hopefully this team is good for your tastes, I tried many different things such as Weavile + Heatran > Garchomp and Talonflame but after a bunch of tweaking this is the end result.
Little nitpick, should probably change celebi's nature to impish considering you are a physical variant

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

This core need more than anything the right support because both mons are really offensive and frails, so for doing work needs safety switch ins. Focus in that way I add max speed to bisharp because as I say before is frail either way so Max Speed bisharp is the way to go, next in my mind i though one pokemon than can safety switch in agaisnt Priority like Brave Bird from Talon, Bullet Punch from Scizor which are the most common checks of Garde and Bisharp can't do nothing in return to this mons, so i pick the always beloved Rotom-W this little washing machine can deal with a whole lot threats in the OU metagame nonetheless can't switch to all of them, but in this case we need to cover Scizor + talon and Wash does the job, I though in Bulky chomp too but then I realize that there are no many electric switch ins bar hippowdon but then the team become too pasive and too slow so i add Garchomp but the Scarf set this provide a electric immunity + revenge killer for stuff like Mega Kazam, Lopu, mega mane, gengar ( we are kinda weak to this mon but as you see every mon in the team can take one hit, and bisharp force the 50/50 ), etc. Also this mon still has really nice bulk to take some priority moves and complete the Fairy/Steel/Dragon core. Next i need rocks in the team so i choose celebi for the job, Celebi gives the team T-wave support and bulk to take any hit and spread paralysis and a switch in for Keldeo, Lopu, even can take +3 Ice Beam from Manaphy, etc. So i look up the team and was weak to Fairies like altaria and Kyub, the solution was Scizor and i choose the Choice Band Set you can go alternative with AV but i think for this team you need the power, Scizor also give us the Volt-Turn core for get safe switch in into Garde or Bisharp, since Rotom forces lati@s, and scizor force bulky mons than Garde destroy, in the last slot if u feel hazard are too much put defog. Also Scizor give us a secondary check for Weavile and some other fast threats like Kazam, gengar, etc. Just watch out for Gengar, Lopu, Weavile, Opposing Bisharp u have checks but in ORAS there are to many threats to prepare for it.
PD: i think Timid Gardevoir is better.

>
: This change provide u a solid answer to electric types, as well rocks, and a switch for physical type attacker but since we lose speed there are another change so the team cant lose sinergy or balance.
>
: Scarf Keldeo is the solution for speed and strong revenge Killer, also this mon benefits from Pursuit Bisharp getting rid of Lati@s.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Whirlwind / Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

I prefer the Hippo build although is more weaker to Keldeo, but it's up to you, hope this build is your taste TheKingKarp

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
bludz

Initially had some difficulty with this team. The backbone I used ended up being way too semi-stall and didn't fit the initial core very well and ended up being very weak to Zard Y and Lati. This version of the team is much more fun and effective. I decided to go with HP Ground Volc since Buzz doesn't really hit much and the rest of the team kinda struggles with Tran. I went with Lati because of how rocks weak the team was and Latios provided a switch-in to Keldeo and Zard Y, which are problems for the core. Scizor helps against opposing Lati, Azu, and Altaria, which are also problematic. It also appreciates Volc's ability to lure Heatran and possibly Keldeo (though most people assume giga now right?). Landorus-T provides SR support, while also checking sand Exca and Zard X. Finally, Raikou serves as a check to Torn and opposing Electrics, while also being able to sweep when stuff like Heatran is lured by Volc and Kyurem-B weakens Ferrothorn. DD Fire Blast Altaria shits on this team, so be sure to scout for it before blindly SDing in front of an Altaria. other scizor become a problem if volc is weakened, HP Fire Lati as well, though baiting it into Draco can give Volc a setup opportunity.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Silverbackkap

I will admit, I didn't try as hard with this core simply due to the fact that I have used Abomasnow before and it always disappoints me in terms of power. I always expect it to hit way harder than it does. but EQ can lure in Tran I suppose to SD Wisp Talon makes perfect sense. Talon also lures in Tar and burns it, making life easier for Aboma. Terakkion is a nice rock resist, while appreciating Talon's ability to switch into bulky Faries. It hits ridicuously hard and can usually break walls down enough for talon to sweep. Stamie provides spin and a reliable answer to Keldeo. Hippo checks electric types, Lopunny, and Exca while setting up rocks. FInaly, Scizor checks Lati and also serves as a backup check to fairies such as diancie which talon can't check. Still, this team is fun so I hope you like it too.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 176 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
What I would like a team built around is not a core as per se, because the only compulsory member I want is this:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Reuniclus is perhaps one of the most underrated Pokemon in the current metagame, lying only barely above garbage like Forretress, Xatu and Donphan in terms of usage in 1825+. However, its usage does not necessarily reflect its viability, as it comfortably has a very solid ranking at B+ in the viability thread. What makes Reuniclus shine above Clefable, would really be general consistency, due to greater immediate power and better bulk. 125 SAtk is a huge jump from 95, which means Reuniclus can put in more work in cases where you cant really afford to CM up (which happens more than you think). Its better bulk is sufficient to always dodge 2HKO by stuff which Clef can be, like Lopunny, Altaria, making it a bit more consistent when switching into stuff. Clef having a better typing is also very arguable, considering steel types and poison types are almost as common as dark type attackers nowadays. All in all, I think Reuniclus is getting too little attention for the amount of work it can put out, that's why it deserves a team feat. it.

OPTIONAL
If a 2 mon core is really necessary for the sake of this thread, then I will just put SDef Gliscor here for consideration. It it possibly one of the best partners Reuniclus can ask for, sponging Knock Off, checking Gengar, Scizor, Bisharp, and being a super annoying mon in general. However, using Gliscor will open up a very obvious hole to Weavile, so that would be something to take note of.
I might be working on this. Maybe some balance, don't know if I'm using Gliscor though.

I'm still having a whole lotta trouble building for this core here:

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

CursePert is plenty strong on its own, being able to set up on a huge portion of OU's defensive threats, special attackers, and even some physical attackers, then sweeping anything that isn't Ferro or something with Water Absorb / Dry Skin. Torn-T helps it out by switching it in quickly with U-turn, tanking a lot of Grass moves aimed at Swampert, and dealing with Ferrothorn.

Problem is, I've had massive problems trying to cover its weaknesses, mainly things that carry the surprise Grass Knot (Thundy-I, M-Metagross, etc), Energy Ball Manaphy, and worst of all SD sweepers like M-Pinsir or M-Scizor, which can out-boost Swampert and are tanky enough to survive at least one boosted hit from it. A team that helps me break through these threats and helps M-Swampert fulfill its role is something I've tried multiple times and failed at, which is why I'd like to see a more experienced builder have at it.

NOTE: Though it might look rather obvious given the set, this Swampert is not meant for rain teams at all. The entire point of this set is an attempt to make Swampert at least a little relevant outside of rain.

Working on this core man, seems really fun. :)

This is kinda more of a concept than an actual core but basically the idea is to pair Heatran bait with pokemon that set up on Heatran. I've chosen SubSalacSD Garchomp as one of my sweepers and Defog Togekiss as one of my "Heatran bait" but beyond these two you can include more pokemon that bait in Heatran (e.g Mega Pidgeot, Serperior, Jirachi etc) and others that set up on Heatran (e.g Sub Mega Gyarados, SD Gliscor etc). Have fun building!

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Roost

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
escarlata

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog
Liked how this team turned out so just going to share it now. Went with some basics such as VenuTran core as a starting point for the Reuniclus team you wanted. I tested out offensive Venusaur but Weavile was annoying due to Icicle Crashes flinch rate and strength as such I went towards a more defensive variant. The majority of Mega Venusaur switch ins are switch ins due to their defensive utility or offensive pressure they apply mostly through items a lot of times. Knock Off as the coverage / utility move worked best in practice as it deterred the Latis, Assault Vest Torn-T, while removing items from normal defensive switch ins such as Chansey. Reuniclus is the mon you provided to have a team built for but I wanted to try something out so went with Thunder Wave over coverage move which in the end helped the team provide some speed control for the teams slower members. I slashed Colbur Berry after Leftovers in case you want an idea to paralyze Scarftar, Weavile, and Bisharps which can come in handy mid-late game if Reuniclus maintains itself to be healthy, more so Weavile and Ttar though SD Bisharp is still a threat. Air Balloon Heatran was the option I chose to give myself an additional check to Zard-X which includes Earthquake variants along with slowing down and having a better chance than I did without the balloon against Sand Rush Excadrill. Magma Storm is slashed along side it to help deal with Slowbro and Mega Slowbro, two annoyances for the team when they're Calm Mind variants along with dealing with the somewhat slight Mega Sableye problem and stall cores around it. Scarf Chomp is sort of a dark horse relic these days with all the tank chomps around but considering the massive threat that stuff such as Char-X, Mega Alakazam, Mega Lopunny, Volcarona, and others are I figured this would be a better fit and cleaned up well during test games. Band Azumarill and Azumarill in general is a pain for a lot of teams without people realizing it, normally netting at the very least 1-2 kills per game. Standard Defog / Recover Latios with Thunderbolt as the coverage move so it can threaten back stuff such as Azumarill and fat waters like Slowbro previously mentioned without resorting to SpAtk drops.

Changes include running a coverage move on Reuniclus such as Focus Blast or Shadow Ball, prefer Shadow Ball for fat psychics like Mew and Jirachi who can be annoying as well. Fast support Heatran can be used with HP / Speed with a set of Lava Plume, Toxic, Taunt / Protect, Stealth Rock but makes you more weak to Zard-X, forced into playing around it with Garchomp and Azumarill. SD Bisharp can be annoying so just be careful around those. Enjoy.

This core came to me while I was building a DD Charizard X team, since I needed a good partner who could stand against Charizard's counters and checks (Hippo, Talonflame, Lando-T , etc.)

Then I realize how good Manaphy suits Charizard's flaws with the Tail Glow set running Scald, Ice Beam and Energy Ball, so it covers Hippo, Talonflame, Lando, and Quagsire with Energy Ball. I never saw this core before, but since I've been away for some time that could have change, since now I see Char X is Rank S. Have fun building!

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 92 HP / 232 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Last edited:
Anduril

So the core was pretty weak to Fairies and Water-types in general. M-Scizor was added as it occupied the Mega-slot and gave the team a potential win condition in its Bulky Swords Dance set. Checked stuff like M-Diancie, M-Metagross, M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, and Azumarill, U-Turn on it is an option too. Latios was added as my water resist and check to Keldeo as well as the hazard remover, Surf was used because Heatran was annoying to switch into although Roost / HP Fire(for M-Scizor) is an option too. Landorus-T was added as the hazard setter and a check to DD ZardX, Excadrill and Scizor and was the start of the Volt-Turn core. Raikou was added mainly due to how weak the team was to M-Manectric and Thundurus as well as checking Tornadus-T, which is annoying to the team,(Knock Off+Heat Wave variants) and completed the Volt-Turn core. Threats include DD Zard-X, Specs Keldeo, CB/BD Azumarill, Tornadus-T and M-Manectric+Weavile.

Enjoy :) Team did decently on high ladder so it shouldn't have a lot of problems standing its ground in mid 1600s. S/o to -Snow

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Last edited:

I was watching Wcop matches and saw FLCL using this stallbreaker Mega Latias as his win con for a Bulky Offense team. But in the match, he got shut down by unaware clefable. So, I was thinking maybe a combination of T spikes dragalge and this stallbreaker Mega Latias would be great on a Balance/Semi stall squad as it helps wear down fat stuff and does not fear unaware variants of clef. I have been experimenting with this core for quite a while but I've had not much success. Help building this team will be appreciated!

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Refresh
- Recover

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

This core came to me while I was building a DD Charizard X team, since I needed a good partner who could stand against Charizard's counters and checks (Hippo, Talonflame, Lando-T , etc.)

Then I realize how good Manaphy suits Charizard's flaws with the Tail Glow set running Scald, Ice Beam and Energy Ball, so it covers Hippo, Talonflame, Lando, and Quagsire with Energy Ball. I never saw this core before, but since I've been away for some time that could have change, since now I see Char X is Rank S. Have fun building!

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 92 HP / 232 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

I was watching Wcop matches and saw FLCL using this stallbreaker Mega Latias as his win con for a Bulky Offense team. But in the match, he got shut down by unaware clefable. So, I was thinking maybe a combination of T spikes dragalge and this stallbreaker Mega Latias would be great on a Balance/Semi stall squad as it helps wear down fat stuff and does not fear unaware variants of clef. I have been experimenting with this core for quite a while but I've had not much success. Help building this team will be appreciated!

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Refresh
- Recover

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
mine.

Hey rob, thanks a lot for putting in the effort to build a team around my suggested core. I'm a huge fan of your teams and will definitely try this one out. Thanks a lot man.

Here is another core I haven't been able to successfully build around.

(Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

(Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

So many teams are weak to zardx right now and unprepared for crawdaunt. Crawdaunt can eliminate/weaken zardx checks since it hits things like hippo, landorus, slowbro, heatran, and tyranitar very hard. It helps in breaking bulky cores and can do a number to offense with SD aqua jet. All of this can pave the way for a zardx sweep. Zard supports crawdaunt in that it can resist those electric and grass moves and set up on mons that wall crawdaunt like chestnaught. Thanks in advance!

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Rock Polish

Generic offensive core really. Right off the bat you have a boosting wincon vs offense in Diancie and a boosting wincon vs balance in Thundurus which is nice. You also check a lot of offensive threats, with Diancie checking the zards, Weavile, Tornadus-T, and Talonflame, while Thundurus checks waters, Scizor, scarf grounds, and paralyzes faster mons like Lopunny and Alakazam. Some pokemon that are checked by Diancie are set-up bait for Thund and vice versa. Thund and Diancie can also wear down Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, Clefable, etc for eachother. Lastly Thundurus benefits a lot from Magic Bounce as with Leftovers it doesn't have to worry about one of it's biggest problems, residual damage. Not to mention RP Diancie beats all the fast offense-breakers people are hyping after a boost. In theory it feels like a great place to start building a team and I know you'll do a great job with this one.
Working on these two

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is kinda more of a concept than an actual core but basically the idea is to pair Heatran bait with pokemon that set up on Heatran. I've chosen SubSalacSD Garchomp as one of my sweepers and Defog Togekiss as one of my "Heatran bait" but beyond these two you can include more pokemon that bait in Heatran (e.g Mega Pidgeot, Serperior, Jirachi etc) and others that set up on Heatran (e.g Sub Mega Gyarados, SD Gliscor etc). Have fun building!

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Togekiss (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Roost
I'll take this one

escarlata

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Knock Off
- Synthesis

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Defog
Liked how this team turned out so just going to share it now. Went with some basics such as VenuTran core as a starting point for the Reuniclus team you wanted. I tested out offensive Venusaur but Weavile was annoying due to Icicle Crashes flinch rate and strength as such I went towards a more defensive variant. The majority of Mega Venusaur switch ins are switch ins due to their defensive utility or offensive pressure they apply mostly through items a lot of times. Knock Off as the coverage / utility move worked best in practice as it deterred the Latis, Assault Vest Torn-T, while removing items from normal defensive switch ins such as Chansey. Reuniclus is the mon you provided to have a team built for but I wanted to try something out so went with Thunder Wave over coverage move which in the end helped the team provide some speed control for the teams slower members. I slashed Colbur Berry after Leftovers in case you want an idea to paralyze Scarftar, Weavile, and Bisharps which can come in handy mid-late game if Reuniclus maintains itself to be healthy, more so Weavile and Ttar though SD Bisharp is still a threat. Air Balloon Heatran was the option I chose to give myself an additional check to Zard-X which includes Earthquake variants along with slowing down and having a better chance than I did without the balloon against Sand Rush Excadrill. Magma Storm is slashed along side it to help deal with Slowbro and Mega Slowbro, two annoyances for the team when they're Calm Mind variants along with dealing with the somewhat slight Mega Sableye problem and stall cores around it. Scarf Chomp is sort of a dark horse relic these days with all the tank chomps around but considering the massive threat that stuff such as Char-X, Mega Alakazam, Mega Lopunny, Volcarona, and others are I figured this would be a better fit and cleaned up well during test games. Band Azumarill and Azumarill in general is a pain for a lot of teams without people realizing it, normally netting at the very least 1-2 kills per game. Standard Defog / Recover Latios with Thunderbolt as the coverage move so it can threaten back stuff such as Azumarill and fat waters like Slowbro previously mentioned without resorting to SpAtk drops.

Changes include running a coverage move on Reuniclus such as Focus Blast or Shadow Ball, prefer Shadow Ball for fat psychics like Mew and Jirachi who can be annoying as well. Fast support Heatran can be used with HP / Speed with a set of Lava Plume, Toxic, Taunt / Protect, Stealth Rock but makes you more weak to Zard-X, forced into playing around it with Garchomp and Azumarill. SD Bisharp can be annoying so just be careful around those. Enjoy.
Played the team on a new alt, went on a 31-2 streak, so I'm pretty much certain of its effectiveness. However, the 1 particular thing that keeps me from being satisfied is that rather than a Reuniclus team, it feels more like a Clefable team with Reuniclus taking its place. It doesn't play to the strength of Reuniclus 'over' clefable, but rather play to the strength of Reuniclus 'as' clefable. Its a nice team though regardless, but at the end of the day, its probably because I didn't specify a core which caused this.

Last edited:
bludz

Initially had some difficulty with this team. The backbone I used ended up being way too semi-stall and didn't fit the initial core very well and ended up being very weak to Zard Y and Lati. This version of the team is much more fun and effective. I decided to go with HP Ground Volc since Buzz doesn't really hit much and the rest of the team kinda struggles with Tran. I went with Lati because of how rocks weak the team was and Latios provided a switch-in to Keldeo and Zard Y, which are problems for the core. Scizor helps against opposing Lati, Azu, and Altaria, which are also problematic. It also appreciates Volc's ability to lure Heatran and possibly Keldeo (though most people assume giga now right?). Landorus-T provides SR support, while also checking sand Exca and Zard X. Finally, Raikou serves as a check to Torn and opposing Electrics, while also being able to sweep when stuff like Heatran is lured by Volc and Kyurem-B weakens Ferrothorn. DD Fire Blast Altaria shits on this team, so be sure to scout for it before blindly SDing in front of an Altaria. other scizor become a problem if volc is weakened, HP Fire Lati as well, though baiting it into Draco can give Volc a setup opportunity.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quiver Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Silverbackkap

I will admit, I didn't try as hard with this core simply due to the fact that I have used Abomasnow before and it always disappoints me in terms of power. I always expect it to hit way harder than it does. but EQ can lure in Tran I suppose to SD Wisp Talon makes perfect sense. Talon also lures in Tar and burns it, making life easier for Aboma. Terakkion is a nice rock resist, while appreciating Talon's ability to switch into bulky Faries. It hits ridicuously hard and can usually break walls down enough for talon to sweep. Stamie provides spin and a reliable answer to Keldeo. Hippo checks electric types, Lopunny, and Exca while setting up rocks. FInaly, Scizor checks Lati and also serves as a backup check to fairies such as diancie which talon can't check. Still, this team is fun so I hope you like it too.

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Quick Attack

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 176 Def / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance
Yeah its no secret abomasnow is not exactly the best mega haha I appreciate it though, Thanks!

Anduril

So the core was pretty weak to Fairies and Water-types in general. M-Scizor was added as it occupied the Mega-slot and gave the team a potential win condition in its Bulky Swords Dance set. Checked stuff like M-Diancie, M-Metagross, M-Gardevoir, M-Altaria, and Azumarill, U-Turn on it is an option too. Latios was added as my water resist and check to Keldeo as well as the hazard remover, Surf was used because Heatran was annoying to switch into although Roost / HP Fire(for M-Scizor) is an option too. Landorus-T was added as the hazard setter and a check to DD ZardX, Excadrill and Scizor and was the start of the Volt-Turn core. Raikou was added mainly due to how weak the team was to M-Manectric and Thundurus as well as checking Tornadus-T, which is annoying to the team,(Knock Off+Heat Wave variants) and completed the Volt-Turn core. Threats include DD Zard-X, Specs Keldeo, CB/BD Azumarill, Tornadus-T and M-Manectric+Weavile.

Enjoy :) Team did decently on high ladder so it shouldn't have a lot of problems standing its ground in mid 1600s

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 Def / 248 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 224 SpA / 32 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
I noticed your still running the IVs for HP fire on lati you might want to change that so you speed tie with other 350s

+

I was thinking about an offensive core using these two (bulky offense OR bulky balance). These two cover each other's weaknesses very well. With the exception to flying for m-venu, each of their weaknesses are covered. and the weakness to flying can be covered by another mon. manaphy can come in on venu's hard counters such as some t-flame variants. and heatran. tail-glow mana can act as a nice late-game win condition. in addition it can wreck stall and balance-based teams depending on type coverage.

****The only thing i ask is that when you guys test the team you make for this PLEASE SAVE THE REPLAYS of all battles and paste them when you post the team. It'd really help! :)

Venusaur-Mega (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
Taking this as well.

Ahh glad this back up and running keep up the good work guys the teams look amazing
well today I'm posting a core that has been giving hell of alot of trouble to build around its Mega Dos + LO 3 attacks kyreuM B

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability : Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Moves
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

This core is very powerful and have great offensive synergy together since kyreum b easily breaks through venutran + bulky water cores with ease ohkos azumarill with fusion bolt while gyara can break chansey which kyreum can't break with this set the core is pretty fighting weak and fairy weak but it works good none the less I would prefer a bulky offensive or balance tram built around these 2 thanks guys in eagerly await to see what u master builders come up with [:

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 216 Atk / 16 Def / 16 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

This core need more than anything the right support because both mons are really offensive and frails, so for doing work needs safety switch ins. Focus in that way I add max speed to bisharp because as I say before is frail either way so Max Speed bisharp is the way to go, next in my mind i though one pokemon than can safety switch in agaisnt Priority like Brave Bird from Talon, Bullet Punch from Scizor which are the most common checks of Garde and Bisharp can't do nothing in return to this mons, so i pick the always beloved Rotom-W this little washing machine can deal with a whole lot threats in the OU metagame nonetheless can't switch to all of them, but in this case we need to cover Scizor + talon and Wash does the job, I though in Bulky chomp too but then I realize that there are no many electric switch ins bar hippowdon but then the team become too pasive and too slow so i add Garchomp but the Scarf set this provide a electric immunity + revenge killer for stuff like Mega Kazam, Lopu, mega mane, gengar ( we are kinda weak to this mon but as you see every mon in the team can take one hit, and bisharp force the 50/50 ), etc. Also this mon still has really nice bulk to take some priority moves and complete the Fairy/Steel/Dragon core. Next i need rocks in the team so i choose celebi for the job, Celebi gives the team T-wave support and bulk to take any hit and spread paralysis and a switch in for Keldeo, Lopu, even can take +3 Ice Beam from Manaphy, etc. So i look up the team and was weak to Fairies like altaria and Kyub, the solution was Scizor and i choose the Choice Band Set you can go alternative with AV but i think for this team you need the power, Scizor also give us the Volt-Turn core for get safe switch in into Garde or Bisharp, since Rotom forces lati@s, and scizor force bulky mons than Garde destroy, in the last slot if u feel hazard are too much put defog. Also Scizor give us a secondary check for Weavile and some other fast threats like Kazam, gengar, etc. Just watch out for Gengar, Lopu, Weavile, Opposing Bisharp u have checks but in ORAS there are to many threats to prepare for it.
PD: i think Timid Gardevoir is better.

>
: This change provide u a solid answer to electric types, as well rocks, and a switch for physical type attacker but since we lose speed there are another change so the team cant lose sinergy or balance.
>
: Scarf Keldeo is the solution for speed and strong revenge Killer, also this mon benefits from Pursuit Bisharp getting rid of Lati@s.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 108 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Whirlwind / Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

I prefer the Hippo build although is more weaker to Keldeo, but it's up to you, hope this build is your taste TheKingKarp

I'm on mobile so this might be a bit sloppy but thanks so much for the team! Gonna definitely test it out! One question for the hippo build hippo>chomp and keld>celebi? Is this correct? Overall solid looking team really like how it looks and cannot wait to try it :] thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)