Gleeb
Third place:
adiass
Consolation prize to:
iap, GoodMorningEspeon
Solution:
lumiosemossdeep, crevicecave, shalourcity

Questions :D
Q1: Which two Pokémon Gyms have the highest amount of Trainers, not counting the gym leaders? (Alphabetical order)
Q2: A Pokémon residing here kept another Pokémon frozen for several years.
Q3: Where in Pokémon X & Y can the player obtain a Pidgeotite?

Q1 ended up being a bit more difficult than I'd anticipated, but looks like people were able to get through it! Special thanks to ashiemore for hosting the hunt, and congratulations to everyone who finished!

Last edited:

Shame That

TAKE IT ALL OR LEAVE IT
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
06/20/15 5:00 AM GMT

Winner: iap
Second place: Catacomb
Third place: Angels2002
Consolation prize to: Dylas, Flerovium, Aeolia, GOoGlE GaNg BrO, hollywood, gOoGlE gAnG 3, gOoGlE gAnG 2, tennis, Colbrushie, Painter Espeon
Solution: jessebelle, route39, frontierpikequeen

Questions:
1) This character from the Pokemon anime holds the record for the longest time between a character's first and second appearance
2) A redesigned version of this Johto Route's music can be found in the coding for Ruby and Sapphire but can never be heard when playing
3) This the only frontier medal not currently held by any Smogon user

thanks for playing everyone!

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
06/21/2015 GMT-4 (Father's Day)

Winner: Zipzapadam
Second place: filthy capitalists (social netwerk)
Third place: Cyllage
Consolation prize to: Rafooa11, kingpuff.3., Gargoyle31, Eyan, iap
Solution: latias, lapras, anelitecoverup

Questions...
1) Excluding Pikachu, what is the only non Flying-type Pokémon that can participate in Pelipper's Circle Circuit?
2) In the anime, which of Ash's Pokémon is revealed to have the least moves?
3) This episode of the anime features the debut of the most mechas of Team Rocket.

Zipzapadam missed blitz by a little bit. Anyway, congratulations to all of the finishers and thanks to Snaquaza for hosting! n_n

Last edited:

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reserving an official hunt for tomorrow, June 22nd, for 8 PM GMT+2 (6 PM GMT).

Edit: Not PS hunt anymore, I lost it.

Winner: Zipzapadam.
Second place: adiass.
Third place: Aeolia.
Solution: electric, pikaka, altcolor.

What is the type of Pikachu? | Electric | This is what Pikachu says when he refers to Dawn.| Pikaka| According to In-Game evidence, this was the originally intended name for "Shiny" Pokemon. | Alt Color

Last edited:
6/23/15 GMT +0

Winner: kevinrocks
Second place: Painter Espeon
Third place: Manaphy286
Consolation prize to: Wan the Avatar, Zipzapadam
Solution: lampent, stone edge, gym guide

Questions...
1) Which pokemon with a black dex color evolves from a pokemon with a white dex color?
2) What move has been used by two sunglasses wearing pokemon owned by main characters in the anime?
3) The only person in the series to give the player blackglasses when spoken to shares his/her sprite with what NPC?

Congrats to all finishers and thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

Last edited:
6/24/15 GMT +0

Winner:
Wan the Avatar
Second place: Chupps
Third place: Aeolia
Consolation prize to: Painter Espeon
Solution: dedenne, kiloudestation, ferriswheelfan

Questions...
1) This is the only Fairy-type seen in the Hoopa and the Clash of Ages trailer
2) An NPC at this location will give you a quiz about what Swirlix expels to hinder its foe's movement
3) In Japanese this item is called "Date Expert"

Last edited:
6/24/15 GMT +0

Winner:
Painter Espeon.
Second place: Gleeb.
Third place: adiass.
Consolation prize to: eromeihsa (social netwerk), buffoon (iap) :pirate:.
Solution: heavens, pinkanberry, surfboard.

Questions...
1) In the Forces of Nature trio, what part of the world does Tornadus control?
2) What Pokemon food, when eaten often, can drastically change a Pokemon's color permanently?
3)What is the item that lets you surf without any of the normal requirements generally called?

I accidentally made the first pastebin public which is totally my fault, hopefully no one cheated though :}:}:}

Thanks ashiemore for hosting!!

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
6/25/15 GMT ±0

Winner:
buffoon (iap) [BLITZ]
Second place:
Wan the Avatar
Third place: adiass
Consolation prize to: Aeolia, Chupps, ArrowYogurt, Gleeb, Hawkie.
Solution: nationalpark, stunfisk, coldbeam

Questions...
1) A Trainer Tip in this location informs you on how to print mail.
2) As of Generation VI, under normal circumstances Limber on this Pokémon is useless.
3) At one point, due to a mistake in the dub of the anime, Ash's Ash commands his Lapras to use which move instead of Ice Beam?

I had to tweak the second question a little since Snaquaza mentioned the possibility of Soak; luckily, nobody seemed to have any issues.
Anyways, congratulations to Instant Apple Pie on an impressive blintzgerald, as well as to everyone else who finished! I think this is the first time somebody has blitzed one of my officials :o
And a special thanks to Snaquaza for hosting, of course. n_n

Last edited:
6/26/15 GMT +0

Winner: what even the heck (Chupps:pirate:)
Second place: Power-Chupp Punch (Painter Espeon)
Third place: Wan the Avatar
Consolation prize to: interrobanger (social netwerk), Aeolia, kevinrocks, Zipzapadam
Solution: steel, pickapeckofcolorsflowershop, crossingpaths

Questions...
1) Besides Flying, this type has the least mono-typed Pokemon
2) A sign next to this location in the main series games advertises berries at no cost
3) In the Anime, the first Shiny Pokemon of the Diamond and Pearl series appears in this episode (Episode name)

Last edited:

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
6/27/15 GMT +0

Winner: Snaquaza
Second place: GoodMorningEspeon
Third place: what even the HECK (chupps)
Consolation prize to: iap, Flerovium, adiass, ILRB, eeveeattract.
Solution: spheal, yveltal, sandslash.

Questions...
1) This Pokemon is #060 in the Ransei Gallery
2) This Pokemon has the highest combined BST + National Dex number (don't include megas or alternate forms)
3) [Dex] This pokemon is very skilled at both digging and climbing trees

Thanks to ashiemore for hosting!

Last edited:
6/28/15

Winner: inkyno1
Second Place: Aeolia
Third Place: FIREEEE
Consolation prize to: Latios n.n, pissKigyouHimeRXY, GoodMorningEspeon, xfix, Flerovium, kevinrocks, MajesticSwablu, Manaphy286, Painter Espeon, McTurbo, eeveeattract,
Solution: raticate, rarecandy, spikes

Questions...
1) This is the only Pokemon whose National Dex number is the same number as the level that its pre-evolution evolves at.
2) In Pokemon Platinum, by catching all 26 letter Unowns, you unlock a cave where you can get the ! and ? Unown, along with this item.
3) This released Ground-type move cannot be learned via level-up by any Ground-type Pokemon. - Diggersby does NOT count for this because he learns it via evolution ONLY, so Diggersby does NOT learn directly

Thanks for everybody that finished and Snaquaza for hosting this hunt to me. Also thanks to xfix for advertising :}

Last edited:
6/27/15

Winner: Aeolia
Third place: Flerovium
Consolation prize to: social netwerk, what even the HECK (Chupps), kevinrocks, iap, Mellow Jo, White Hair Tester, xXDuongDannyXx
Solution: gabite, bronzor, gengarsunnyday

Questions :D
Q1: Which Pokémon has scales that are said to be a cure for illness?
Q2: What Pokémon had an unused back sprite that was identical to its front sprite?
Q3: “Any Raggedy Nuns” is an anagram of a fully evolved Pokémon and a move it learns; what are they? [Format as pokemonmove]

This was a pretty fun and interesting hunt, ten finishers! Thanks to ashiemore for hosting, thanks to Queez and Manaphy286 for quality checking my hunt, and of course, thank you for participating and congratulations to everyone who finished!

Last edited:
6/28/15

Winner: Painter Espeon
Second place: what even the HECK
Third place:
Catacomb
Consolation prize to: Aeolia, eeveeattract, iap, Brrandon
Solution: vanilluxe, acetrainerlois, viridian.

Questions...
1) this is the only gen 5 pokemon N uses in bw2 not counting zekrom/reshiram
2) this ingame trainer in gen 4 mentions a pink butterfree (trainer class + name)
3) you can find an item besides badges and TMs in this gym (don't put city or gym in answer)

Last edited:

GoodMorningEspeon

pondering mongoose
6/29/15 GMT ±0

Winner:
what even the HECK (Chupps)
Second place: Mr. Uncompetitive
Third place: social netwerk
Consolation prize to: PyoroLoli, hardenmetapod, kevinrocks, duch n-n, Dylas, Gleeb, Painter Espeon.
Solution: solidplant, wailord, golem

Questions...
1) In Pokémon Colosseum, Frenzy Plant is always referred to as this.
2) Which Pokémon that can be observed in the Marine Tube has the smallest time frame at which you can see it?
3) In Pokémon Emerald, what is the only Pokémon that can learn every move tutor move (excluding Mew and Smeargle)?

Chupps missed blitz only by a second or two, congratulations to all of the finishers!
Apparently I missed the Battle Frontier move tutors, but people were easily able to find the answer I was looking for which was the free move tutors. Sorry for any inconveniences. ;~;
Thanks ashiemore for quality checking as well as Instant Apple Pie who also quality checked and hosted! n_n

also happy birthday to ashiemore :toast:

6/30/15
Winner:
Aeolia
Second place:
Dylas
Third place: snetter (social netwerk)
Consolation prize to: Joilers, what even the HECK (Chupps), Gleeb, kevinrocks
Solution: plasma, beedrillmega, thetiesthatbind.

Q1: One Pokémon that has changed type between generations did not change to include a brand new type to the series. What is its species name?
Q2: Hitoshi Ariga has designed several Pokémon with high or above average defense, such as Aegislash and Tyrantrum. Which Pokémon that he designed has the lowest defense?
Q3: What is the name of the only anime episode that features a battle in which Pikachu is not active in Ash's party?

It was a concern in one of the qc's that q2 (beedrillmega/megabeedrill) might be an issue, and it turns out it was more so than i thought it would be, so apologies to everyone who had problems because of that. :(

Thanks to Snaquaza and Manaphy286 for quality checking, Instant Apple Pie for hosting, and congratulations to everyone who solved the hunt!

shoulda listened to mana ;-;

Last edited:
07/01/2015

Winner: Gleeb
Second place: Catacomb
Third place: Mr. Uncompetitive
Consolation prize to: blackburn009, shadowscyther22, social netwerk, Mellow Jo,
Solution: DestinyTower SkyPeakStationPasses, Here Comes Team Rocket!, Flute of Fleura

Questions...
1) If Giratina enters these two dungeons, it will be in it’s Origin Forme instead of it’s Altered Forme (alphabetical order)(Use the names on Bulbapedia)
2) This was the first Japanese card to feature a Super Rare rarity.
3) Despite flute being in the title of this Pokemon song, it’s actually an ocarina playing it

There was a conflict between sky peak and sky peak station passes. I stuck with sky peak station passes because that's the name Bulbapedia uses in its page(http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sky_Peak_Station_Passes). But after seeing what happened, I probably should have used sky peak. My bad. Also Bulbapedia didn't say anything about Eastern Jungle or Zero Isle Center, at least from what I saw so I didn't accept those.

Thanks to Instant Apple Pie for hosting.

Last edited:
07/02/15

Winner:
Gleeb
Second place: social netwerk
Third place: Gargoyle31
Consolation prize to: Aeolia, what even the HECK, Mr. Uncompetitive
Solution: sendoffspring, newmoonisland, expansionsuit.

Questions:
1) no music plays the first time you use pokeradar in this location
2) the player can hear a voice from nowhere speak to him after you catch a certain legendary pokemon. Give the location of where you catch it
3) this item lets the user steal a trainer's pokemon without the need of pokeballs

Last edited:

Gleeb

I could, but why?
07/02/15

Winner:
Joilers.
Second place: social netwerk.
Third place:
kevinrocks.
Consolation prize to:
what even the HECK (Chupps), Catacomb, MeButY(~'o')~u82, Mr. Uncompetitive, PyoroLoli, Manaphy286, Eyan.
Solution: judgment, redflag, tm21.

Questions:
1) According to legends, Zekrom's thunderbolts are said to be this, which is also the name of a different pokemon move. (give the other move name as the answer).
2) This award can be obtained by switching out two hundred times.
3) Name the move that has the lowest unique accuracy (meaning it is the only move with that accuracy).

Congrats to everyone who finished and thanks to everyone who participated in the first Gleebficial! Also shoutout to iap for hosting and thanks to rick and rick for the QC's!

(P.S. sorry if I made this too hard/confusing/vague ._.)

Last edited:
07/03/15

Winner:
Weebl
Third place: adiass
Consolation prize to: xfix, HeracrossTheGreek, Wan the Avatar, what even the HECK, Cattail Prophet, Mr. Uncompetitive
Solution: 230, berry, paras

Questions...

1) This is the highest route number in a main series Pokemon game
2) In Gen 2 this item restores a Pokemon's HP by ten
3) When Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire were first released, this Pokemon's pokedex entry showed it was mono-typed when in actuality it is dual-typed. This was fixed in later versions of the game

Last edited:

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
07/03/15

Winner: GoodMorningEspeon
Second Place: kevinrocks
Third Place: Flerovium
Consolation Prize to: Aeolia, pyorololi
Solution:
pokemonpuzzleleague, yanmega, pokemonstadium2

Questions:
1) This Pokemon game contains hidden voice clips of the developers stating love for someone
2) This was the first Pokemon to be unanimously banned from a Smogon tier
3) Falco (from the Star Fox games) first appeared with other Pokemon in this game

Hope y'all enjoyed my first hunt~!

/me relieved

Last edited:

ashiemore

stardust heart
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone!

This ladder is coming to an end and will be replaced with the new Monthly Scavengers Ladder, which will likely be posted later today or tomorrow. Thanks to all who participated.

Additionally, the points from the July officials will be moved to the new ladder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)