PU PUPL - The Official General Polite Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so is Dundies bringing servine or lunatone? also when tf did this become a polite discussion thread lol

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Coming in at #4, we have the Great Gastlys, captained by none other than Raiza, also known as "that italian PU player, no, not galbia, the other one"

Kiyo - Kiyo came straight from NU, so it looks like he'll be a tough one to beat in DPP NU. Don't recall seeing him in action in that tier, but I suppose he's good at it.

Kingler12345 - As a joke, galbia nominated Gastly to appear on the PU viability rankings after Haunter rose to NU, but somehow he was taken seriously and Gastly actually ended up on the rankings. I suppose the same sort of thing happened when Kingler12345 was auctioned. Makes perfect sense that he ended up on this particular team, I guess, for he shows as much potential as the team's signature Pokemon haha. In all honesty though, Kingler actually really isn't that bad at all, although he's probably better as a mascot than as a player :^[

TONE114 - sorry don't know you

Gary2346 - Is FU's tier leader and OM's most hated when he's not away doing Very Serious Stuff in the Very Serious Army. He'll leave for a while pretty soon, but until then, he's someone to watch out for.

FLCL - Basically, having to face this guy means you're boned. He already won a battle and PUPL barely even started, oops.

sugarhigh - I'm pretty sure I was with this guy in a Skype convo at some point, but honestly, I don't remember shit about him. Seen his name around a lot so I guess he's good??? For now, however: sorry don't know you

Teddeh - Another NU player in the endless avalanche of NU players in this tournament. Teddeh's one of the better ones though, don't underestimate him because of his username.

Dundies - he's ok

Jaiho - sorry don't know you

Hairy Toenail - sorry don't know you. nice name.

Shuckleking87 - My NUPL senpai :DDDDD who benched the fuck out of me so fuck u go ahead and get benched urself haha. (I kid I kid)

YABO - sorry don't know you. PS Raiza stop buying all these randoms nobody's gonna like my team ranking memes if they consist of "sorry don't know you" all the time sigh

Raiza - porco dio, go 0-5

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Looks like I'm the only one who can keep this thread alive sigh...

Coming in at #3, we have a team with more players than it could possibly need, the Jubilife Jumpluffs, managed by Magnemite (or should I say FAGnemite ha ha ha I'm too good). Interesting drafting strategy at work here, seeing how he brings no less than 4 tier leaders his strat seems to have been: "is tier leader, must be good". We'll see about that.

Tricking - GLI ITALIANI SONO TROPPO FORTUNATI, PORCO DIO. Tricking is a lucky n bad with (as far as I'm concerned) little experience in the PU tier, but of course nobody needs skill or experience when you have the italian luck gods on your side. Consider him a good luck charm: not only is he known to hax his way through his own battles, but maybe he can even influence other games by giving some of his luck to his fellow players. How does that work? We just don't know!

atomicllamas - Official cutest tier leader and worse power ranker than the mighty Robert Alfons, llamas' speciality seems to be DPP NU, although Raseri gives him competition for that slot. Nonetheless, even if drama llamas is permanently benched, at least he makes for a good mascot :{|}

Raseri - Another one of three tier leader on Jumpluffs (nothing against u bb but llamas 4ever). Not much to say other than that he's gud and that he begged me to teach him how to meme not too long ago. Sadly I'm way too busy memeing myself to be his sensei atm :[

Cherub Agent - Sauerkraut, scarves, yadda yadda. Good player & good user, dunno how much experience he has with FU, if any, but with his german fighting spirit, he can clutch a couple of games no matter what!

-Tsunami- - The odds that Tsunami AKA ShakeItUp gives half a shit about his own team when his friends aren't on it as well are about as high as the odds that he pronounces the "R" correctly haha. Expect him to come half-prepared if he doesn't get benched and root for a different team entirely. Also expect him to say "VoD wins again, classic" and "bop thele it is" more often than the amount of teams he has with Mightyena on it.

c0mp - sorry don't know you

Lasagne - Although he stuck with doubles and LC (how the mighty have fallen) for most of this generation, back in gen 5 Lasagne21 was mostly known for playing NU, and apparently he played PU too. He's pretty good, he'll do fine.

Tomahawk - sorry don't know you

hollywood - The second to last of the tier leader on Jumpluffs and probably the only one who could rival atomicllamas for worst np songs, although he has yet to prove it (please never prove it). I have no idea if he actually plays any of these tiers, but if not, he's another one on the long list of people who can perform as long as somebody gives him teams.

Rowan - Although we were on the same NUPL/RUPL team (forgot which one) in the past, I am ashamed to admit I know little about Rowan beside the fact that he used to run LC D:

Arcticblast - I'm starting to wonder if Magnemite really consciously bought any actual PU players at this point. Well, Ablast is ex-OM leader at least, so he might've been involved with PU in the past. Nowadays he leads Doubles, however, which has got absolutely zero to do with PU, so I can't say if he'll do well.

GasQuake - Gasquake is a nice user and pretty alright at PU (one of the few on here who has confirmed PU experience at the very least haha), he probably can't pull through vs the better players of the tier.

Magnemite - @_@

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Looks like I'm the only one who can keep this thread alive sigh...

Coming in at #3, we have a team with more players than it could possibly need, the Jubilife Jumpluffs, managed by Magnemite (or should I say FAGnemite ha ha ha I'm too good). Interesting drafting strategy at work here, seeing how he brings no less than 4 tier leaders his strat seems to have been: "is tier leader, must be good". We'll see about that.

Tricking - GLI ITALIANI SONO TROPPO FORTUNATI, PORCO DIO. Tricking is a lucky n bad with (as far as I'm concerned) little experience in the PU tier, but of course nobody needs skill or experience when you have the italian luck gods on your side. Consider him a good luck charm: not only is he known to hax his way through his own battles, but maybe he can even influence other games by giving some of his luck to his fellow players. How does that work? We just don't know!

atomicllamas - Official cutest tier leader and worse power ranker than the mighty Robert Alfons, llamas' speciality seems to be DPP NU, although Raseri gives him competition for that slot. Nonetheless, even if drama llamas is permanently benched, at least he makes for a good mascot :{|}

Raseri - Another one of three tier leader on Jumpluffs (nothing against u bb but llamas 4ever). Not much to say other than that he's gud and that he begged me to teach him how to meme not too long ago. Sadly I'm way too busy memeing myself to be his sensei atm :[

Cherub Agent - Sauerkraut, scarves, yadda yadda. Good player & good user, dunno how much experience he has with FU, if any, but with his german fighting spirit, he can clutch a couple of games no matter what!

-Tsunami- - The odds that Tsunami AKA ShakeItUp gives half a shit about his own team when his friends aren't on it as well are about as high as the odds that he pronounces the "R" correctly haha. Expect him to come half-prepared if he doesn't get benched and root for a different team entirely. Also expect him to say "VoD wins again, classic" and "bop thele it is" more often than the amount of teams he has with Mightyena on it.

c0mp - sorry don't know you

Lasagne - Although he stuck with doubles and LC (how the mighty have fallen) for most of this generation, back in gen 5 Lasagne21 was mostly known for playing NU, and apparently he played PU too. He's pretty good, he'll do fine.

Tomahawk - sorry don't know you

hollywood - The second to last of the tier leader on Jumpluffs and probably the only one who could rival atomicllamas for worst np songs, although he has yet to prove it (please never prove it). I have no idea if he actually plays any of these tiers, but if not, he's another one on the long list of people who can perform as long as somebody gives him teams.

Rowan - Although we were on the same NUPL/RUPL team (forgot which one) in the past, I am ashamed to admit I know little about Rowan beside the fact that he used to run LC D:

Arcticblast - I'm starting to wonder if Magnemite really consciously bought any actual PU players at this point. Well, Ablast is ex-OM leader at least, so he might've been involved with PU in the past. Nowadays he leads Doubles, however, which has got absolutely zero to do with PU, so I can't say if he'll do well.

GasQuake - Gasquake is a nice user and pretty alright at PU (one of the few on here who has confirmed PU experience at the very least haha), he probably can't pull through vs the better players of the tier.

Magnemite - @_@
Rowan still leads LC, magnemite bought 5 TLs, lol

I mean was it really worse than everyone else's draft strategies of "spend all of your money on your first three players"?

migzoo

new money
hello fellow memers!
I am new to Smogon and I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but oh well here goes!
Due to what I am forced to conclude must have been managerial oversight, BW PU (sorry, don't know you) was included as a tier in the prestigious tournament known as PUPL, and I was somehow drafted to play this tier. To cut to the chase, I would like to request a BW PU team built around... anything, really. It doesn't even have to be a team; a definitive tier list will do.
Specifically, can we clarify if we are playing with THESE drops and rises, which are not reflected in the BW PU viability rankings? bc i'm p sure ppl have played games unaware of these changes

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Week 1
DPP NU

Code:
Rank | Pokemon                   | Use | Use % | Win %
1    | Regirock                  | 6   | 100%  | 50%
2    | Skuntank                  | 4   | 66%   | 50%
2    | Manectric                 | 4   | 66%   | 50%
2    | Slowking                  | 4   | 66%   | 50%
5    | Ninetales                 | 3   | 50%   | 66%
5    | Floatzel                  | 3   | 50%   | 66%
5    | Tauros                    | 3   | 50%   | 66%
5    | Haunter                   | 3   | 50%   | 33%
9    | Typhlosion                | 2   | 33%   | 50%
9    | Shiftry                   | 2   | 33%   | 50%
9    | Gardevoir                 | 2   | 33%   | 50%
9    | Nidoqueen                 | 2   | 33%   | 50%
9    | Drifblim                  | 2   | 33%   | 50%
9    | Porygon2                  | 2   | 33%   | 50%
15   | Glalie                    | 1   | 16%   | 0%
15   | Hypno                     | 1   | 16%   | 100%
15   | Roselia                   | 1   | 16%   | 0%
15   | Cacturne                  | 1   | 16%   | 100%
15   | Rhydon                    | 1   | 16%   | 0%
15   | Sneasel                   | 1   | 16%   | 100%
15   | Hitmonchan                | 1   | 16%   | 0%
15   | Medicham                  | 1   | 16%   | 100%
Lol the week we were all so scared of Charizard that we used all of its good checks (100% Regirock -.-) and none of us actually brought the beast itself...

4 of my players signed up for dpp, that doesn't mean they're all playing dpp lol

you should be more concerned about the team that didn't vote at all

edit: there were two ban votes and two dnbs so it didn't affect the outcome anyway

Last edited:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
just so you know official fissure spammed that team on ladder for one or more weeks straight on its main nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)