ORAS OU Sailor Moon inspired OU Team (semi-stall)

Sailor Scouts OU (semi-stall) Team!

Introduction
This is my first RMT (rate my team) post, and I was inspired to make a team that has that *:・゚✧magical*:・゚✧ and outer-space themes that Sailor Moon has. Also, when I was choosing Pokemon that resembled each scout in a way, while being close to those themes, before I knew it, it looked like a stall team. Each is nicknamed to a scout, and I hope you enjoy using it.

Team At A Glance

The Team In Detail

Chibi Moon (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Fire Blast/ Flamethrower/ Thunder Wave/ Ice beam
Wall (UU) by The Reptile

"So this set is a pretty simple wall set for UU or OU. Moonlight is the only recovery move that Clefable can get outside of Wish due to Softboiled not being available until PokeBank (and even then only with Magic Guard). Wish isn't that great of an idea due to Clefable's only OK base 95 and reliance on Protect. Moonblast is there for reliable damage thanks to its now-buffed 95 SpA. Aromatherapy lets Clefable act as a cleric for the team along with clearing its own status, which is great on any set running Unaware over Magic Guard, which it should since it can't take many +2 attacks and Aromatherapy lets you get around status. Ice Beam lets you nail Offensive Zapdos for a 2HKO as opposed to barely 3HKOing like Moonblast does. Fire Blast lets you roast Steel-types that try to resist Fairy. Finally, Toxic lets you status other walls. Ice Beam also lets you beat Nidoqueens that don't run Sludge Wave / Bomb." - http://goo.gl/HFkJiV I added thunder wave, since you might find it useful if you predict your opponent switching into Gengar or M-Charizard Y thinking you'll use Moonblast, so t-waving it would be proven useful in reducing its speed. If you feel Fire Blast is unreliable then go for flamethrower, and try to predict your opponent in switching into Excadril or other steel types.

Sailor Moon (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn / Body Slam
- Fire Punch

I pretty much used the Pivot set from the smogon dex (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/jirachi/), because I needed a mon to use rocks in case your team runs into Talonflames and Charizard-Ys in the field of battle, because this team needs to take those two down at all costs, because they're a threat to it. Also, both Jirachi and Clefable work together to work as a core (somewhat). Jirachi can switch into posion type moves, and steel moves and Clefable can take on the dark type moves that Jirachi is no longer neutral towards. Also, your Mega-Venu would greatly appreciate if Jirachi takes a hit from a psychic move or flying move. You could always run scarfed Jirachi if you don't like this one, since this team lacks priority.

Sailor Venus (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain​

Again, I'm using the offensive set from the smogon dex (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/venusaur), and I find it tanky, and it works well if you ever come across Mega-Altarias. I love how it can restore hp, and not be threatened by Rotom-Washes that are used often too. Starmie would also appreciate if you use M-Venu to take a few hits from mons that threaten it.

Sailor Jupiter (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic

I prefer using the wish supporter Umbreon from smogdex, because it can stall out Pokemon. Also, I noticed a dark type weakness in the team, so I added Umbreon (also it has those magical moon qualities) to support the team, and I preferred defensive because I needed to prepare for physical hard hitting mons like Gyarados, and Bisharps that would threaten my team (also Tyranitars). As for Weavile, who can be seen as a big threat to this team, Umbreon can take a low kick and icicle crash pretty well. http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/umbreon/

Sailor Mars (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam/Roost/Surf
- Psyshock

I decided to go for the offensive support set (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/latias/), because I felt like I needed a hart hitter. Not only that, Jirachi needs avoid earth moves, so having Latias come in with Levitate would be nice. However, you'll want to avoid coming across Excadrills with mold breakers. So, having surf as a coverage move that hits Gliscor, Hippowdon, Excadrill, and Heatran does solid damage to them. They'll probably switch out, so make sure to predict their next move when they realize that their mon can't take another hit (if either of them have good special defense).

Sailor Mercury (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald
or smogdex reflect type moveset (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/starmie/)

I like this set more, since Psyshock does decent stab damage on Keldeo, Conkeldurr, and Chansey. However, the reflect set can work better in this team when facing threats that the other member of the team can't face directly (Tyranitar/Bisharp/Scizor). I prefer rapid spin over defog Latias, because of the introduction of contrary Serperior, and you'd be in a predicament if you use defog on the field if your opponent brings out either Bisharp or Serperior. Not to mention that you'll get rid of your own Stealth Rock from your opponent's field, so rapid spin would be more ideal in my opinion.​

╰☆╮ ☽Closing Words, & Replays, & Importable☾╰☆╮
Now my lovely rose buds, in the name of the Moon, go punish your opponents!
Please Keep The Nicknames (cause they're awesome), and you can adjust the sets to what you like. Feel free to rate and what can be improved.
Chibi Moon (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Fire Blast

Sailor Jupiter (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain

Sailor Moon (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Sailor Mars (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock

Sailor Mercury (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald

Sailor Venus (Umbreon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Replay Link(s):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-247048321

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-248982611
Side Note: I know there are better stall teams out there, but this one is mostly centered around a theme, so it's not perfect, but it can still be fun to use. :)

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, Doctor Rose . Very cool team you have!

Your team would greatly appreciate A Talonflame check, to be honest. I've settled on Zapdos > Latias. It can also provide momentum with Volt Switch.

Moveset:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave / Toxic

For Clefable, I would advise using Thunder Wave to shut down faster mons / boosting mons. Pretty much it, I'd say! Good luck. n_n

For clefable you can use Soft-Boiled over Moonlight because soft-boiled has 16 pps.
In Latias run a better spread of: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe. With this spread you can take better some attacks of keldeo.
Also run Heal Bell over Toxic in umbreon.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
For clefable you can use Soft-Boiled over Moonlight because soft-boiled has 16 pps.
In Latias run a better spread of: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe. With this spread you can take better some attacks of keldeo.
Also run Heal Bell over Toxic in umbreon.
I actually think the usage of Moonlight has something to do with Soft Boiled being incompatible with a certain move or ability. Also Heal Bell wouldn't be very necessary on Umbreon because Clefable already carries Aromatherapy.

p2

Banned deucer.
Cool team, but your team is quite weak to Manaphy and to fix that, I'd suggest Unaware > Magic Guard on Clefable with WishTect as your recovery in order to handle Manaphy much better though you don't need so much SpD investment and this can also cover Kyurem-B which is quite threatening as well.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)