The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 1 (Read Post #800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Activity win:
Robert vs Adversary

I will post r2 when I have every roster.

Canada and LA are tied in the last spot, so they will battle a tie break. The loser of the tie break will have to defend the team wcop slot in next wcop vs new teams.
The format will be bo3, 1 ORAS and 1 tier chosen by each team.
Robert. and Jirachee send me the tier you choose etc asap pls

imo in a situation like this canada should just be allowed in wcop next year without the need for a tiebreak. i know it sets a bad precedent or whatever, but they are clearly the better team with a pool of great players (no offense LA) and a solid history in previous wcops; they definitely don't deserve to be denied a spot for next year just because this year was rough for them.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And what about a non-subjective reason to allow canada next wcop over LA?

That's just how the wcop works. It would be sad for canada, but even if they lose the tiebreak, they will have one year to get back on their feet and save their spot in 2016.
We ask them to win one out of two tiebreaks, against the worst (or second worst) team in 2015 wcop and a future newcomer team. If they are good (and no doubt they are), there's nothing to be worry at.

imo in a situation like this canada should just be allowed in wcop next year without the need for a tiebreak. i know it sets a bad precedent or whatever, but they are clearly the better team with a pool of great players (no offense LA) and a solid history in previous wcops; they definitely don't deserve to be denied a spot for next year just because this year was rough for them.
I don't get how they should get special treatment, if they are better than la by that much they will just win the tiebreak or the tiebreak next year against the new team if worst comes to worst

Edit:sniped

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
no massive shoutouts but I'd like to say a massive thank you to team UK this year the process of being able to be captain of such a great group of people was nothing short of an honor. But whatever it's pokemon things don't go your way boys.

Ocn to win the whole thing gl boys

Pce for now Smogon.

Last edited:
Are we playing Central or West? The spreedsheet says that we're playing West but can someone tell me why? They're both #6.

Last edited:

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I updated the spreadsheet adding 1 point to usa west and removing 1 to central to break the tie in the spreadsheet.

As Tsunami explained, West is #5, Asia is #6 and Central is #7

Can we get 1 and a half or 2 weeks for our matches in playoffs? I think it would be better for building teams and testing, it is just my opinion that a little bit more time would be excellent.

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So..my dream to fight Earthworm in a dp wcop tie break final ends here, but im happy as well.
I have been happy meeting my team, i think we've got an amazing feeling. We are a team, DEFINTELY.
Yes, im sad coz we lost, but guys it doesnt matter, it's a game. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you lose..this is the life, we can just accept it.
Yes, i could say "we were not so much lucky" but if i say "we lost for hax" it's not right. On the other side there were amazing opps, some of them have been lucky, and some of them have been better than us; we have to accept it.
We can't say we lost for hax, this is wrong. Hax is part of the game, there's no reason to insult ur opps.
On my side i should say "hellpowna needed to be more active", i've done everything i can, even if i was really busy.
Im really happy, because i met fantastic and wonderful ppl and great battlers too.
What did it not work?
Oh well..i think it worked everything, we could be more lucky, yes, but i dont think we prepared every matches good, but this is a lesson. It will help us for the next season. No1 lost here, we lost like a team.
I dont need to do a shoutouts for every mates, because they already know how much i love them.
I just wanna thanks Toma-boy for accepeting me in this amazing team. I really enjoyed the time we spent all together, and im a bit disappointed, coz i would help more and hope to keep in contact with y'all mates.
What hellpowna is gonna support now?
Well, im rootin for team Spain; i always thought they are one of the best team ever, and they deserve the trophy.
Im rootin too for an amazing friend i have: Smurf! hope you can get it <3
Id like to spend few words for Team Italy, because.. i'm Italian, but actually living in Germany.
You did an amazing wcop, i apprecieted the effort y'all guys put during the competition, congrats guys. Even if you lost, you are a great team, with a great future. #asuyabestcaptain
My last words are for the other teams..good luck to all!!

EUROPE!!!

Last edited:

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hey!
First of all, I wanna thanks Tomahawk for accepting me in this amazing team! I'm sry if i couldn't do more for the team since i was in a busy period of my life, with exams etc. I'm really happy to be in this team, strenf and frienldy at the same time! We are on the right way! Let's prepare to rek them next year :)

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My turn to say a couple of words to my team. That was a very enjoyable tournament, mainly due to the S-Rank teammates I've played with.

Alf', just as usual, you are one of the best player around and the chilliest person on the site. Keep on the good work, and stop with your bullshit "I'll stop I'm done with the game" when you are one of the few who could actually beat smogon someday.
Alkov, the great surprise from the team. I barely knew you before, and you turned out to be a great guy and a great player.
Bluwing, you are 3-0 in my heart. Our best ORAS player, and I am sure to find you at the top in the future.
Doppelsoldner, you showed some solid skills but for some reason you went for what I would call the Nelson way. Don't let the results bring you down though!
H-C, thanks for the time you took to take care of the team. Really a good job! Always here to help in building as well :)
hellpowna. You didn't play but you still managed to help in every tier you could have helped. This include the tier called "let's motivate the team". Thanks a lot.
Isa, our based RBY god. Always there to practice, help or just discuss, very strong teammate again!
Marshall.Law. No, it's not your fault if we missed the playoffs, stop with that. We lost as a team. You're a Tour champion, it tells your level. So get back to the battlefield!
MetalGro$$, I know it sounds like I'm always saying the same thing, but you were also a great teammate, always here to discuss or practice.
MoxieInfinite, I feel bad that you didn't get the chance to play, but I am glad I have been in the same team, very nice person.
Nelson, you know what I think of your teams. You have the necessary skills to not make any mistake with a smashpass... Why wouldn't you use those necessary skills to win with more class?
Twin Citiez man you're a machine. French reject mon cul oui. I wish that you were starting this season and I'm waiting to see you becoming even better.
Void. Another nice player, great teammate, glad we played this wcop together.
ZoroDark. Solid player again. Sorry your name starts with a "Z" so I've already used all the compliments I know. You are still a solid ORAS player, and nice person in general.

-Snow, Kotori, Cherub Agent, Hot N Cold, Kushalos, Omegasization, thank you all for sticking with us on skype, you were part of the team and made the tournament that enjoyable!

Tomahawk, you are a great captain. I am glad I played with you. I thank you again for accepting me in the team even though I told you that I would miss the two first weeks and may not be motivated for the third. Hopefully you made me want to play until the very end!

My only regret this wcop would be the IRL pressure that made me miss two weeks. But it's almost over now (at least the exams part) so I am back for real! And you know what I won't have next year? EXAMS. So no doubt the Europe 2016 will be even stronger and even more prepared, you can count on me for that!

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
hey man

the last thing we want is to get preferential treatment on activity wins

the reason we were so unlucky this season is because we were haunted by the Angry Ghost of 2014 France

I believe he is gone now but I do not want to anger him again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)