Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 47 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively if anyone has a Jolly Ditto with good IVs (I mean asking for perfect IV's is a bit of a stretch I guess but I'll take just good or great) that's really all I need for breeding purposes right now.

Alternatively if anyone has a Jolly Ditto with good IVs (I mean asking for perfect IV's is a bit of a stretch I guess but I'll take just good or great) that's really all I need for breeding purposes right now.
I can give you a flawless jolly one. Deposit anything on the GTS and ask for a ditto.

I have a question on an IV usage.

I bred a shiny female Poliwag Calm nature with the IVs 31/31/31/31/5/31. I don't see it as being competitive, but friends have said use it anyway. I have always went by the 25 IV or better in secondary stats, and the Nature is for SP.DEF, so less than 31 seems a bust.

With a 5 IV I lose 15 points in SP.DEF. Looking at a damage calculator Politoed would still be a 2HKO in most cases, which is the same at 31.

Would it be worth using with the 5 IV?

I don't seem to have the luck with my IVs when I do hatch a shiny.

I have a question on an IV usage.

I bred a shiny female Poliwag Calm nature with the IVs 31/31/31/31/5/31. I don't see it as being competitive, but friends have said use it anyway. I have always went by the 25 IV or better in secondary stats, and the Nature is for SP.DEF, so less than 31 seems a bust.

With a 5 IV I lose 15 points in SP.DEF. Looking at a damage calculator Politoed would still be a 2HKO in most cases, which is the same at 31.

Would it be worth using with the 5 IV?

I don't seem to have the luck with my IVs when I do hatch a shiny.
Since you go for Calm, it's much better to breed another one.

Also, if you are concerned about getting a perfect IV spread shiny, you can always try SV hatching, which is by far the most reliable method to get shinies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not familiar with SV hatching.
  1. Breed eggs
  2. save your game
  3. hatch the eggs and take note which are flawless
  4. reset your game and deposit the flawless eggs into your PC
  5. hatch and release the eggs you don't need (optional step)
  6. ask in the Shiny Value checking thread for someone to check your egg's shiny value (this requires you to battle them with a hatched version of the flawless egg. You need to turn off auto-save so that when you battle them the game doesn't save and you can reset to before the battle - and thus the unhatched egg)
  7. Then find someone on reddit or here with the matching Trainer Shiny Value (TSV) and get them to hatch the egg for you. Since the egg's shiny value (ESV) matches their TSV it will hatch shiny.
Done! Enjoy having flawless shinies.

1. Breed eggs
  2. save your game
  3. hatch the eggs and take note which are flawless
  4. reset your game and deposit the flawless eggs into your PC
  5. hatch and release the eggs you don't need (optional step)
  6. ask in the Shiny Value checking thread for someone to check your egg's shiny value (this requires you to battle them with a hatched version of the flawless egg. You need to turn off auto-save so that when you battle them the game doesn't save and you can reset to before the battle - and thus the unhatched egg)
  7. Then find someone on reddit or here with the matching Trainer Shiny Value (TSV) and get them to hatch the egg for you. Since the egg's shiny value (ESV) matches their TSV it will hatch shiny.
Done! Enjoy having flawless shinies.
How would I find my TSV?

I would assume that Time Machine breeding would be easier to get the flawless offspring quicker?

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How would I find my TSV?

I would assume that Time Machine breeding would be easier to get the flawless offspring quicker?
post in that same tsv thread here and someone can check for ya.

also, imo the time machine method is best if youre needing a 6iv/mixed set or a hidden power spread, but for 5 31s, regular old breeding will do

Only in the cases mentioned by Vanadinite, as well as when breeding baby Pokemon holding incense or Light Ball. If you're just breeding a normal 5IV Pokemon, breed like normal. If you understand breeding mechanics and don't want to mess with the TMBM, you can even just use the normal breeding method for Hidden Powers, and if you already have two 6IV parents for breeding 6IV Pokemon.

Can someone please clone this for me (need O + 3)? Reward is a non redis copy

Regirock
Ability: clear body
Nature: careful
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Pokeball: master
Moves: iron defense/charge beam/lock-on/zap cannon
OT and ID: OT T ID 19421 (my white2 cartridge)

Do you know any pokemon codes that are usable ATM for example serperior glass a code that's usable till November. Last but not least if anyone has a code that's up for trade pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)