ORAS UU: The Next Best Thing (New Version Coming Soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi I'm dingbat

With a grand total of 5/15 votes, the winner of the gatr trophy goes to Hogg! I hope i counted correctly this time

Next 'mon is

_/\_______________
_______/\_________
_____________/\___
________________/\ yumE

Sharpedo

Op will be updated when I feel like it
Happy set building @_@

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sharpedo @ mental herb
-waterfall
-crunch
-poison fang
-protect

Ultimate Whimsicott lure. Use protect as he goes to Whimsicott. Then eat the encore and poison fang that fucker. Pair this with shit that hates Whimsicott like gatr or something like slurpuff, shits op.

Anti-Lead Sharpedo

Sharpedo@ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Speed BooSt
252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Waterfall
-Crunch

So, this set is made to taunt slower leads (Donphan, Forretress, etc..) and hit them hard. Destiny Bond + Taunt + Spped boost either allows you to threaten something out with your STABs or take out something important like a cleric (florges, umbreon or wall like chesnaught, M-Aggron) since Pedos defenses are as good as a wet paper towel and its pretty easy to catch these slow powerful hitters off guard with DBond.

Edit: Happy Shark Werk! Its a bad week to be a seal!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Special Sharpedo. It's a set I've seen do some work since it comes with a whole new set of checks and counters. Sharpedo tends to force in the likes of Chesnaught and Whimsicott, both of which get bopped hard by Life Orb Modest Ice Beam, 2HKOing and OHKOing, respectively, after Stealth Rock. Other common switch-ins for Sharpedo, such as Mega Aggron and Granbull, also get bopped by Sharpedo's powerful Hydro Pump. It's still a good cleaner from the special side and works well against teams that only prepare for physical Sharpedo variants.

Sorry YABO but this set is ten times better!

LO Poison Jab
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Whats that YABO? You didn't know it could learn poison jab? huehuehue
This set catches so many people off guard with being able to kill bulky fairies much easier and pulling a fast one on mega aboma! Hits Shaymin way harder than ice beam or ice fang. LO SHarpedo's waterfalls are more powerful than mega which is very good in the current meta as bulky water types are getting replaced by set up sweepers like reuni and slowking. Waterfall has 30% chance to flinch which has given me the game more than once. Crunch still hits hard on things like empoleon and bulky psychic types. I've been using this thing for a while because it does not require a mega stone and is a very effective sweeper. I think i have some replays buried around here.

Last edited:
Submarine Shark

Sharpedo @ Liechi Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/ Earthquake

This set is actually pretty good because it sets up an easier time sweeping if you get rid of their priority users. Its meant for you to get easy subs on stuff like status, or when people try to take advantage of your protect. The coverage is really standard pick what you need out of your last slot earthquake being for the likes of empoleon and ice fang would be used more often to hit grass types and dragons who fly which otherwise wall you. This set is alot of fun to use, but sadly I don't have any replays saved because I did not think about it!

Last edited:

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Specific moveset dedicated more to lure Bulky-waters than late-cleaning in general (but it's possible to clean later as well). It's particularly useful when paired with Toxic Spikes, so Pokémon like Florges or Porygon2 are forced to lose momentum, because of residual damage. Thanks to Destiny Bond, Sharpedo can support his teammates as well, if he doesn't look too useful vs a specific matchup (for example, you can Destiny Bond a potential P2 or Cobalion, opening more space for Feraligatr or Salamence to clean whenever the opp carries a combination of Grounded Poison-type + walls against more Bulky | Balanced teams, while Sharpedo itself tries to pull a sweep against more Offensive-oriented matchups). But it's pretty important to not reveal it too soon, since it's a high-risk / reward obviously.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
sub shark got taken ;_;.

Anyways......there have been a lot of cool ideas and there was really only one idea left that I could conjure up so here goes nothin.

Swift Swim please
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch

After staring at pedo's moves for like 5 minutes, I found rain dance at the bottom and I just said screw it and ran with the idea because speed boost acts very similar to swift swim and if I could catch someone trying to take advantage of my protect, I could set up rain and hammer away with this monster. the life orb boosted waterfalls are strong to begin with and in rain it makes it much more of a deadly cleaner than it already is. I slapped some spA evs and hydro pump on their to ohko cobalion in rain. you could run eq to hit cob and toxicroak, but I just really like ohkoing cob and getting it out of the way because the opponent is most likely going to try and revenge me with it.

Whats really cool about the rain aspect of it and I already mentioned cob above, but you can get past some of sharpedo's offensive checks with it. A mon like cobalion and heracross who usually would come in and take a waterfall and ohko back will now just straight up die to those waterfalls and or hyrdos.

It pairs really nicely with gatr I've noticed from the few battles I've done with it. they compliment each other really nicely in the sense that DD gatr hole punches the crap out of teams which leaves huge openings for sharpedo to just come in and do its thing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-247434737

This was the only replay I have so far of me utilizing rain dance. RIP blob 2015-2015 and gatr does the rest.

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
sub shark got taken ;_;.

Anyways......there have been a lot of cool ideas and there was really only one idea left that I could conjure up so here goes nothin.

Swift Swim please
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch

After staring at pedo's moves for like 5 minutes, I found rain dance at the bottom and I just said screw it and ran with the idea because speed boost acts very similar to swift swim and if I could catch someone trying to take advantage of my protect, I could set up rain and hammer away with this monster. the life orb boosted waterfalls are strong to begin with and in rain it makes it much more of a deadly cleaner than it already is. I slapped some spA evs and hydro pump on their to ohko cobalion in rain. you could run eq to hit cob and toxicroak, but I just really like ohkoing cob and getting it out of the way because the opponent is most likely going to try and revenge me with it.

Whats really cool about the rain aspect of it and I already mentioned cob above, but you can get past some of sharpedo's offensive checks with it. A mon like cobalion and heracross who usually would come in and take a waterfall and ohko back will now just straight up die to those waterfalls and or hyrdos.

It pairs really nicely with gatr I've noticed from the few battles I've done with it. they compliment each other really nicely in the sense that DD gatr hole punches the crap out of teams which leaves huge openings for sharpedo to just come in and do its thing.

This was the only replay I have so far of me utilizing rain dance. RIP blob 2015-2015 and gatr does the rest.
shoutouts to specs umbreon

dingbat

snek
I will get this trophy done before voting

It will be edited in this post

Hey guys, I'm back after digging this new thread up and seeing Sharpedo, which happens to be my favorite Pokemon. Here's my set.

Fast and Furious (All-Out Attacker/Wallbreaker)

Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite/Life Orb
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
EVs: 232 Atk / 60 SpA / 216 Spe
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt/Taunt

I know what you're thinking, "There's a move that's obviously missing. No Protect? WHY?!" This Sharpedo excels much better early- to mid-game than late-game. The goal of this set is to handle defensive teams much better than its other sets, while also not being dead weight against offensive teams, thanks to its expansive coverage by forgoing Protect. Crunch is very difficult to stomach, at worst 2HKO'ing all neutral targets in the entire tier, barring only the bulkiest of physical walls. However, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam exist on this set to eliminate those targets, including Donphan, Forretress, Chesnaught, and Gligar. Their power isn't to be underestimated, as Hydro Pump even cleanly 2HKOs Cobalion with this spread. The last slot depends on whether you want Sharpedo to handle either more offensive or defensive threats. Zen Headbutt is usually the better move because it boasts a 75% chance to OHKO Heracross after Stealth Rock, OHKOs Toxicroak and Mienshao on the switch, and 2HKOs Virizion and AV Machamp, otherwise two of the best checks to this set. On the other hand, Taunt cripples walls on the switch that Sharpedo can't hurt much otherwise, such as Umbreon and Florges (although you will have to switch out). Just as a note, Earthquake isn't listed because it doesn't really accomplish much, since a neutral Crunch hits almost as hard on all Steel-types; Empoleon is 2HKO'ed by both moves and M-Aggron tanks both pretty easily.

Sharpedoite is the item of choice, so that Sharpedo is noticeably bulkier and can take some neutral hits, allowing it to fare better against defensive teams. Life Orb is an option to hit a bit harder on the special side and to better utilize Speed Boost against offensive teams, at the cost of recoil and longevity. An important note to remember is that most players expect Protect, which can be exploited against more offensive teams by attacking on forced switches, getting the Speed Boost, then Mega Evolving the next turn.

The Speed EVs let Mega Sharpedo outspeed max Speed neutral base 100's without a boost and max Speed neutral base 90's before Mega Evolving. The Special Attack EVs guarantee the 2HKO on Chesnaught with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery, with the rest dumped into Attack with a positive nature to ensure the most powerful Crunch possible. Alternatively, the standard Life Orb spread can be used if running Life Orb.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Just added the cool pic.

Last edited:

dingbat

snek
hi i'm dingbat and i think this trophy actually looks legit good

hogg's drawing skills v2.png
Ye if you guys are wondering, that's a wet bacon you're looking at

And here are the nominees:

Sharpedo @ mental herb
-waterfall
-crunch
-poison fang
-protect

Ultimate Whimsicott lure. Use protect as he goes to Whimsicott. Then eat the encore and poison fang that fucker. Pair this with shit that hates Whimsicott like gatr or something like slurpuff, shits op.
Anti-Lead Sharpedo

Sharpedo@ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
Speed BooSt
252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Taunt
-Destiny Bond
-Waterfall
-Crunch

So, this set is made to taunt slower leads (Donphan, Forretress, etc..) and hit them hard. Destiny Bond + Taunt + Spped boost either allows you to threaten something out with your STABs or take out something important like a cleric (florges, umbreon or wall like chesnaught, M-Aggron) since Pedos defenses are as good as a wet paper towel and its pretty easy to catch these slow powerful hitters off guard with DBond.

Edit: Happy Shark Werk! Its a bad week to be a seal!
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Special Sharpedo. It's a set I've seen do some work since it comes with a whole new set of checks and counters. Sharpedo tends to force in the likes of Chesnaught and Whimsicott, both of which get bopped hard by Life Orb Modest Ice Beam, 2HKOing and OHKOing, respectively, after Stealth Rock. Other common switch-ins for Sharpedo, such as Mega Aggron and Granbull, also get bopped by Sharpedo's powerful Hydro Pump. It's still a good cleaner from the special side and works well against teams that only prepare for physical Sharpedo variants.
Sorry YABO but this set is ten times better!

LO Poison Jab
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Whats that YABO? You didn't know it could learn poison jab? huehuehue
This set catches so many people off guard with being able to kill bulky fairies much easier and pulling a fast one on mega aboma! Hits Shaymin way harder than ice beam or ice fang. LO SHarpedo's waterfalls are more powerful than mega which is very good in the current meta as bulky water types are getting replaced by set up sweepers like reuni and slowking. Waterfall has 30% chance to flinch which has given me the game more than once. Crunch still hits hard on things like empoleon and bulky psychic types. I've been using this thing for a while because it does not require a mega stone and is a very effective sweeper. I think i have some replays buried around here.
Submarine Shark

Sharpedo @ Liechi Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang/ Earthquake

This set is actually pretty good because it sets up an easier time sweeping if you get rid of their priority users. Its meant for you to get easy subs on stuff like status, or when people try to take advantage of your protect. The coverage is really standard pick what you need out of your last slot earthquake being for the likes of empoleon and ice fang would be used more often to hit grass types and dragons who fly which otherwise wall you. This set is alot of fun to use, but sadly I don't have any replays saved because I did not think about it!
Sharpedo (M) @ Sharpedonite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Destiny Bond
- Protect

Specific moveset dedicated more to lure Bulky-waters than late-cleaning in general (but it's possible to clean later as well). It's particularly useful when paired with Toxic Spikes, so Pokémon like Florges or Porygon2 are forced to lose momentum, because of residual damage. Thanks to Destiny Bond, Sharpedo can support his teammates as well, if he doesn't look too useful vs a specific matchup (for example, you can Destiny Bond a potential P2 or Cobalion, opening more space for Feraligatr or Salamence to clean whenever the opp carries a combination of Grounded Poison-type + walls against more Bulky | Balanced teams, while Sharpedo itself tries to pull a sweep against more Offensive-oriented matchups). But it's pretty important to not reveal it too soon, since it's a high-risk / reward obviously.
sub shark got taken ;_;.

Swift Swim please
Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch

Hey guys, I'm back after digging this new thread up and seeing Sharpedo, which happens to be my favorite Pokemon. Here's my set.

Fast and Furious (All-Out Attacker/Wallbreaker)

Sharpedo @ Sharpedoite/Life Orb
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -SpD)
EVs: 232 Atk / 60 SpA / 216 Spe
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Zen Headbutt/Taunt

I know what you're thinking, "There's a move that's obviously missing. No Protect? WHY?!" This Sharpedo excels much better early- to mid-game than late-game. The goal of this set is to handle defensive teams much better than its other sets, while also not being dead weight against offensive teams, thanks to its expansive coverage by forgoing Protect. Crunch is very difficult to stomach, at worst 2HKO'ing all neutral targets in the entire tier, barring only the bulkiest of physical walls. However, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam exist on this set to eliminate those targets, including Donphan, Forretress, Chesnaught, and Gligar. Their power isn't to be underestimated, as Hydro Pump even cleanly 2HKOs Cobalion with this spread. The last slot depends on whether you want Sharpedo to handle either more offensive or defensive threats. Zen Headbutt is usually the better move because it boasts a 75% chance to OHKO Heracross after Stealth Rock, OHKOs Toxicroak and Mienshao on the switch, and 2HKOs Virizion and AV Machamp, otherwise two of the best checks to this set. On the other hand, Taunt cripples walls on the switch that Sharpedo can't hurt much otherwise, such as Umbreon and Florges (although you will have to switch out). Just as a note, Earthquake isn't listed because it doesn't really accomplish much, since a neutral Crunch hits almost as hard on all Steel-types; Empoleon is 2HKO'ed by both moves and M-Aggron tanks both pretty easily.

Sharpedoite is the item of choice, so that Sharpedo is noticeably bulkier and can take some neutral hits, allowing it to fare better against defensive teams. Life Orb is an option to hit a bit harder on the special side and to better utilize Speed Boost against offensive teams, at the cost of recoil and longevity. An important note to remember is that most players expect Protect, which can be exploited against more offensive teams by attacking on forced switches, getting the Speed Boost, then Mega Evolving the next turn.

The Speed EVs let Mega Sharpedo outspeed max Speed neutral base 100's without a boost and max Speed neutral base 90's before Mega Evolving. The Special Attack EVs guarantee the 2HKO on Chesnaught with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery, with the rest dumped into Attack with a positive nature to ensure the most powerful Crunch possible. Alternatively, the standard Life Orb spread can be used if running Life Orb.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Just added the cool pic.
shoutouts to YABO for forgetting that poison jab is a thing
also shoutouts to The Haymaker for that absolute last minute nomination

without further ado

vote pls

Century Express

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It's... It's beautiful *sniff*

Voting Century Express, I've used Dbond Mega-Pedo a few times and it's a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)