Data ASB Raid Zone - The Hour of Twilight General Thread (Distortion World unlocked)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Inviting Frosty to Nightmare Prison (Normal Mode)

Also taking on the quest: Rescue in the Nightmare.

We will not lose in three rounds this time! :O

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Open Invitation to Flower Paradise Normal Mode

I will be bringing Skarmory @ Cowl of the Skystrider as the tank and one of several other options including Fire and Flying types (profile here). Or a Gengar or something. The most likely candidate is Syclant @ lv5 Venerable Hierophant's Charge.

Partner must have some ability to support the team via healing (two heal options is ideal) and must have some form of halfway decent gear. Contact on irc if interested.

Also taking Fate of Flower Paradise

Edit: Inviting deadfox

Last edited:
You know that thing I said about not accepting roleplays during my hiatus?

I lied.

Inviting Dogfish44 to Old Flower Paradise (Hard Mode) Part 1.

Ho boy, this is gonna be a long chapter intro. Wall of Text ahoy!

Chapter 12: Mission to the Past
Harold and I got back from our mission and made it to the Pokemon League safely. When we entered the building, I noticed that the atmosphere was less gloomy than before. The betting money was still on Darkrai consuming the entire region, but we had given these people a glimmer of hope. Satisfied, I went over to the counter in order to submit our report, but I was called over by one of the New Dawn guards. He explained that Cynthia wanted to see me in the Assembly Room to deliver the report personally. I could not figure out what this was for, but I complied, and soon enough I was in front of Cynthia...and a whole audience of trainers!

I was somewhat annoyed that they neglected to mention that I was going on stage for Cynthia. Cynthia took the papers of my report, then said "Take note trainers, we still have hope. So long as we fight against the darkness, we will dispel it. This trainer is proof of that. So I ask that you stay with us a little longer. I ask for your help."

It was then that I realized what was going on. Cynthia was talking to a group of trainers who were about to ditch the battle, having lost hope. They seemed to be conflicted, on the one hand somebody had gone to Flower Paradise and had given the humans a victory, but on the other hand there still was not a decisive victory on the offense. All we were doing was stalling for time, and unless we found a solution, soon, the whole region would be consumed. Still, the conflict of ideas seemed to be enough for the trainers to grumble and agree to stay for a little longer. It would have to do, we supposed. "All right, you're all dismissed" Cynthia said. "Thank you for showing up on such short notice Maxim." I simply shrugged. I figured that she could have let them leave, they sure weren't doing anything for the cause. All this time I was the one who had to deal with the big monstrosities, and all of these trainers really were not pulling their weight in my eyes. That said I did not want to say anything lest I mess up something in the plan.

Once the assembly dispersed, I was about to leave as well, at least until I noticed something unusual. A voice called out to me "Would you mind following me, please?". At first I ignored the voice, but then it repeated itself, it was definitely directed to me. Worse still, it was from a hooded individual, one that nobody else seemed to notice. Suspecting it to be an assassin by Darkrai, I followed him outside, worry haunting my steps. We reached the outside of the League, whereupon I drew out my Volcarona.

"Nora! Torch this assassin!"

"Uh boss...that's Lorien."

"...Oh. Right...sorry."

The hooded figure proceeded forward ignoring my antics. It was there that I saw the familiar crimson eyes. We went up a long path into the mountains surrounding the Pokemon League, the air getting thinner and colder as we proceeded.

Did I mention I hate the cold?

Upon arriving at the end of the path, the figure took off his hood, and it was indeed Lorien.

"Sorry for taking you here so abruptly", excused Lorien. "But while we are allies with the New Dawn, there are some... things... that we feel should remain secret to most of them. Nevertheless, we heard of your deeds while aboard the Bright Hope ship, and we feel we can trust you. Although I'm starting to worry about that a bit." he said, rolling his eyes. Embarrassed, I put my hand behind my head and said "Heh...sorry about that."

Seeming to be more amused than anything, Lorien simply replied "Now come, the prince is awaiting".

"The prince?" I asked. "Sinnoh doesn't even have a prince."

"Prince N, of house Harmonia", he explained. "He was the one requesting your presence. Now please ride atop one of these". It was then that a Flygon landed upon the cliff face that we were upon. The Flygon looked at me expectantly, then nodded and knelt down, hinting at me to ride it. Upon sitting on the Flygon though, it took off suddenly, surprising me a bit. After a few tense moments of not having a good grip on the flier, I managed to find my grip. Behind me, Lorien morphed into his natural form and flew along with us.

"Wait," I asked "Prince N? I looked for that guy for years and found nothing but rumors. And how is he a prince? Wasn't that all a lie from that nut Ghetsis?" Lorien then said "After you freed him from Team Plasma's crutches, he went on a journey, and found us. He may not be a Prince in authority, but he is part of a royal bloodline that helped free the humans all those years ago."

Some context here, you may have heard about how Team Plasma was trying to take over the world and stuff right? Well, N was more or less the lynchpin of Ghetsis's whole plan. As it would happen, that was about when I started my own journey. Soon enough, I met the guy. A bunch of fights and philosophical debate later and I had dissuaded N from his former 'free all Pokemon' stance and Ghetsis's plan was all in a burning heap. However, he fled to parts unknown, and all I heard of him since then was a run in with Terra and some random rumors of him showing up elsewhere.

Before I could ask any more questions, we flew into a cavern of some kind. For a moment the world became dark, but soon after, a light came up, then two, then a myriad of colors that made me think I was in a dream lit up all over the place. Glowing mushrooms and plants flourished all over the cave, bathing it in an amazing purple iridescence as the Flygon kept flying deeper and deeper in the complex.

"What is this place?", I asked. I had never seen anything quite like this before.

"We call them the Caverns of Time", replied Latios with a solemn tone. "It is the place we were charged to keep when we still served the Timelord, Dialga, and we still preserve it even now that we are at war with him and the Ebdomadarium. Jump down, we have arrived"

It was at that point that I tried to dismount the Flygon. However, he wasn't close enough to the ground, so I ended up falling a few feet face first into the ground. When I recovered from the shock, a hand reached out to me to help pull me up. I grabbed his hand, and then I heard a familiar voice "It's been a long time, old friend."

"It really is you." I replied happily.

"Welcome, hero", N greeted me with a warm smile. "I am glad we finally meet". Next to him, I saw Latios's sibling, looking at you with her amber eyes, as well as Harold, who had apparently been dragged into this mess, again. Latias, for one, was happy to see me.

Lorien then started speaking, "As you probably know, the New Dawn is trying its hardest to defend the last few remaining cities against Darkrai's wrath, but the only way we can win this war is to destroy Darkrai once and for all. Unfortunately, the fiend is currently hidden in his dark homeworld, beyond the reach of mortals. But not beyond the reach of beings of his same power."

"The Nightmare Darkrai lives in is impossible to enter from your world, but it could be possible to open a passage to it from inside the Distortion World", he continued. "However, now that Giratina's power awoke along with the rest of the Ebdomadarium, we need to... play around to enter his kingdom. We need to travel to the past, when Cyrus first opened a door to the Distortion World, and use it to enter the present Distortion World."

"And just how are we going to do that?", I asked, having a hard time digesting exactly what the Eon Pokemon was telling me.

Lorien shook his head. "We Eon Pokemon are time keepers, not time travellers. However, while we certainly cannot rely on the help of the Timelord itself, we could ask for the help of an old ally".

"When we broke ranks to side with humans, ten thousand years ago, several other powerful beings followed us", he explained. "One of them is called Celebi. Unlike us, Celebi possesses an innate ability to travel through time that does not depend on the Timelord's whims. However, the space-time locus where Celebi usually dwells in seems to be in great disarray. We suspect Celebi may have fallen under Dialga's sway."

"Oh lovely." I said. It looked like we were, again, going to have to fight brainwashed and crazy legendary Pokemon. "What is this place? And how can we reach it?"

"It is an ancient version of the glade you currently know as the Flower Paradise", Lorien replied. "We can open a portal to that point in spacetime, but this is the only help we can provide you. Dialga's interdition prevents me and Latios from using the Caverns of Time to travel across past and future".

"It will be up to you to rescue Celebi and bring him back to us", N concluded. I was getting a bit worried about this plan, would the League know so that Clay or someone else did not try to go on a suicidal offensive? Anticipating these doubts, he added "Fear not, Cynthia and the other leaders know about this plan. If all goes well, you should be able to come back before all is lost. Should you succeed, we will finally be able to be in a position to strike back at Darkrai before the Hour of Twilight comes to pass".

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Here is the massively long flavour post to accompany that one.

...did you really expect anything from this?

Accepting. Let's go die :D

Oh, and accepting Lost in Time quest ^^'

"Assault on Mt. Coronet - The Siege" is now open

Will you muster the strength to stop the Hour of Twilight from coming to pass?

"It is eerie that we have to travel back in time to bring peace to our world at present."
"Because no quest through the Spacetime has ever been able to completely fix a problem at hand."
"But we have to trust these EON dragons, as what do we mortal humans know about the balance of nature?"

Inviting Elevator Music to visit the Flower Paradise (Flower Paradise Normal Mode - FPNM), in the Spacetime that has led to this calamity that our present world faces.

And also taking the Quest "The Fate of Flower Paradise", to be rid of the darkness that has been unleashed over our mother earth.

"It is eerie that we have to travel back in time to bring peace to our world at present."
"Because no quest through the Spacetime has ever been able to completely fix a problem at hand."
"But we have to trust these EON dragons, as what do we mortal humans know about the balance of nature?"

Inviting Elevator Music to visit the Flower Paradise (Flower Paradise Normal Mode - FPNM), in the Spacetime that has led to this calamity that our present world faces.

And also taking the Quest "The Fate of Flower Paradise", to be rid of the darkness that has been unleashed over our mother earth.
Accepting the raid and quest

Its_A_Random Frosty

"I sense an ominous aura about you, hero", says Cresselia in your head with her crystalline voice as you approach her in the Caverns of Time. "What is this foul presence that weights over your heart".
Without further ado, you show the corrupted artifact to the Dreamer.
"This...". The Moon Pokemon floats carefully towards the staff. "How did you find it?"
"Necturna last wielded this staff", you explain. Meanwhile, Latios walks to the two of you in his human form.
"Can this really be...?", he utters at the sight of the staff, then turns on Cresselia. "I thought you once told me that it was destroyed centuries ago"
"So I thought, but your eyes are not deceiving you, Latios", replies the Dreamer, looking no less surprised than her interlocutor. "This is certainly what is left of Espyria"
"What is that?", you ask, perplexed.
"In a distant past, a war not unlike this one was thought between me and Darkrai", Cresselia begins to explain. "In order to allow the human champions to prevail against Darkrai's armies, I infused part of my power in a magic staff, turning it into a beacon of hope which allowed humans to dispel the twilight which was about to fall on them - just like today. However, after that confrontation, the staff went lost - its location unknown even to the most learned scholars of your kind".
"It is possible that Darkrai's minions found it, and attempted to twist it to their own purposes", suggests Latios. "But if it were so... the staff's power is probably corrupted beyond redemption already".
"Not necessarily", replies Cresselia, however. "No matter how dark, a shadow always allows for a shed of light to keep glowing in its cold embrace. If we manage to harness the corruption sealed within the staff along with the powers of Light, we may manage to reforge the staff into a new shape. An even mightier one, possibly".
"Are you sure it is a wise course of action?", questions Latios, visibly concerned. "I mean, are you sure we can entrust mortals with such a power? What if they turned it against us?".
"This world is already on the brink of annihilation, my friend", observes Cresselia in return. "We can't help but trust those who share their fate with us".
"If this is your decision, I will abide to it", admits Latios. "But I will never lower my watch over mortals and their activities - now, more than ever"
"As we all will", the Moon Pokemon convenes. Then, as the Aeon Pokemon leaves the conversation, she returns to you.
"While I am not sure about the nature of this presence, I believe that this may not be the lingering effect of Necturna's foul magic - it has been far too long for that. As strange as it sounds to me, it feels as if this were some kind of... independent force. As if something was sleeping inside the staff itself, its twisted dreams fueling the corruption seeping from the staff itself".
"What can we do about it, then?", you inquire.
"First, we need to rebuild a proper vessel, to contain the staff's power", explain Cresselia. "Were you to try and unleash its power in this form, it would consume your soul in the time it takes for your heart to beat once. However, while my magic will neutralize the majority of the staff's power, it will also allow you to carry it safely. Once you will provide me with the components required to conjure the new vessel, I will be able to unlock this artifact's potential without putting your very soul at risk".

You obtained the following item:

Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Light-type and Psychic-type attacks by 9 and increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8.

Trial of Light (Hard Mode)
Quest giver: Cresselia
Requirements: Sealed Nightmare completed

"The first thing you need to retrieve is a relic of heavenly power which I can use as a focus to infuse the power of Light within the staff", explains Cresselia.
"Where can we find such an item, however?", you ask, confused.
"These artifacts are rare in your world, unfortunately", Cresselia admits. "But I can sense the presence of one of its kind, not far from here. Deep within snow and sorrow, in the far north of this land... but I can also sense a second presence looming over it."
"What does this mean?"
Cresselia takes a few moments before responding. "While I hope my suspicions are mistaken, it may be that Darkrai himself foresaw our course of action, and decided to try and anticipate our plans. The focus relic is out there... but you may have to retrieve it from wicked hands. I wish I could tell you more about the dangers ahead of your path, but not even my dreams can pierce through the darkness which is falling on us..."

Objective: Retrieve the Eye of Heavens in the Assault on Mt. Coronet, The Siege. This quest can only be completed in Hard Mode.
Rewards: 200 Reputation points with the Custodians of Time.
Badge of Light X2
Dreamer's Staff: Raises the power of Dragon-type, Light-type, Psychic-type, and Water-type attacks by 9, increases the healing done by Heal Pulse by 8 and reduces the energy cost of Bubble Shield by 3. (NOTE: This item will replace the previous version with the same name)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)