Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost
Yveltal serves as a solid check to strong physical attackers like Salamence and Arceus Normal. It's great bulk provides this team with answers to a lot of dangerous threats on the team that would otherwise 6-0 me. Sucker Punch provides a priority to finish off weakened mons. Foul Play punishes mons for setting up by dealing massive damage to them. One of Yveltals main weaknesses is fairy types which Primal Groudon deals with soundly. Charti Berry is to weaken Stone Edge from Arceus Normal which is Yveltal's main job to check.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunder Wave
A solid Stealth Rocker on the team. Primal Groudon a lot of threats in the tier due to it's bulk such as Xerneas, Diancie, Aegislash. Groudon does a great job at weakening the team with the combination of Lava Plume burns and Earthquake. Roar is used to phaze out threats attempting to set up. Groudon should be kept healthy and played carefully, getting up rocks against things it checks will often ensure rocks.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover
Arceus provides great support for M-Diancie and Group for it's ability to check P. Groudon. Arceus has a solid ground stab that hits a lot of bulky walls for a lot. Stone Edge hits flying types such as Yveltal and Ho-Oh. Extreme Speed is to clean up late game after Deoxys attack as well as revenge kill. Arceus-Ground sweeps best late game after all it's checks and counters have been weakened, which the team does very well at.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
Latias is the defogger on the team and has some amazing bulk to come with it. Latias serves as a switch-in to Kyogre a really big threat to this team and gets off a Defog rather easily against Groudon which Ho-Oh appreciates. Soul Dew gives it enough power to make most threats afraid to set up. I went with Roost so Latias just to keep it healthy, but Healing Wish is also a good option to bring back threats and allows you to play more risky with your sweepers.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
The mega on the team. Diancie provides good Magic Bounce support allowing it to deal with Darkrai as well as hazard spam. Diancie takes on most flying types that give Arceus-Ground trouble while Arceus checks Groudon. Diancie also deals with Giratina-O, another threat to the team just gets OHKO'd and Diancie can usually switch-in rather easily. Diancie has an easy time sweeping once Arceus-Groudons eliminates most of it's checks. Mega Diancie often makes a good lead to prevent hazards, but should be careful to lead with if the opposing team has a Primal Groudon of their own.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk
A great bulky threat. Ho-Oh is great at spreading burns and bashing holes into teams. Sleep Talk allows it to come in and obsorb a Dark Void if Diancie hasn't mega evolved yet. Ho-Oh appreciates hazard support as well no hazards on it's side to better ware down teams. Ho-Oh also has really great special bulk and can switch into special attackers and scare them out, but should be switched in reluctantly if rocks are up. Ho-Oh benefits Arceus Ground by burning it's threats and getting them in range of it's attacks and with a CB they will be seriously hurting.

Conclusion: That's the team, I'd really appreciate some insight on threats or flaws that may need to me fixed to improve this team. I don't really have too much experience in Ubers, but any help would be awesome, thanks.

Last edited:
Hey!

I really like this team for a lot of reasons. Groudon + Latias + Ho-oh is a cool backbone to have and is one I use on a few of my more balanced teams. So yeah, good team, especially considering that you said that you were new to Ubers. :)

There are a couple problems I have with your team though. First of all, Deoxys-A doesn't really fit well on this bulkier team and you'd really appreciate something that could check Mega Salamence, SD Arceus-formes, and a couple of other threats if they manage to boost. Mega Salamence doesn't set-up on much, but EQ + Double Edge variants really hurt if they can get to +1. I haven't really thought of a replacement yet, but I'll get back to you.

For now, I'd change Knock Off -> Ice Beam on Deoxys-A. Knock Off doesn't affect enough in this metagame to keep and Ice Beam means that Double Edge + EQ Mega Salamemce can't set up on anything. Be careful of Bulky DD variants since they can set up on Ho-oh all day, but then Diancie is a check.

Other small and optional move changes:

On Primal Groudon, you can change Roar -> Thunder Wave to cripple Xerneas like you could with Roar, but also cripple Lati@s switch-ins which is really helpful since they give your team a tiny bit of trouble.

If you change that, then you can change Extreme Speed -> Recover on Arceus-Ground since you'll have a form of speed control. Recover lets you switch into TWave Primal Groudon much more recklessly since Latias doesn't appreciate being paralysed at all.

Again, those changes are optional, but I'd definitely find a replacement for Deoxys-A, ideally one that can check a few physical threats since there are a couple that you are weak to (SD Arceus-formes; especially Ground, Mega Salamence kinda) as well as relieve pressure from your Diancie since it's your sole check to Ho-oh and doesn't have reliable recovery.

Nice team overall, and I'll think of a replacement and get back to you. :)

EDIT: Take Outrage's advice for the replacement. Charti Berry Yveltal is a great option and you can more easily replace Extreme Speed with Recover on Arceus-Ground since you'll have priority in the form of Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
Hi Funky Radio, your team looks nice overall with a solid ORAS Ubers core like tenefix said with Ho-oh/Latias/Diancie/Offensive Arceus Ground. But I have some serious concerns.

I would like to tell you first what serious threats your team is weak to:
1) Extreme Killer Arceus can clean this team once it gets to +2. It can set up Swords Dance when your Latias is at -2 or on Diancie and there is noway for you to stop it after that.
2) Both Mega Salamence with Dragon Dance(can set up on Arceus Ground easily after Intimidate and on locked Ho oh) and Rayquaza(can't easily set up however) will deal massive damage after they set up and possibly sweep.
3) Yveltal: the offensive set but more dangerously the defensive Foul play set. You only have Diancie who doesn't get 2hko'ed by it who is frail and will die after 2 Foul plays and a Sucker punch. Note that Yveltal can come in freely on Arceus Ground, locked Ho oh and can predict a psychic move on Latias and Deoxys-A and come in.
4) Physically offensive Arceus Ghost is very dangerous and can sweep for similar reasons to the ones of Extreme Killer Arceus.
5) Weak to Latias and Latios who comes in on Groudon and spam strong Draco Meteors and Psyshocks.

Now I want to tell you what's Wrong:
It is impossible for this team to work with both Ho-oh and Deoxys-A on it. Let me explain to you why very simply. This metagame is full of physically offensive threats and those 2 pokemons gives nothing defensively vs those physically offensive juggernauts Hence your weaknesses to the pokemons I listed above who are all physically offensive sweepers. Now you have to chose between either Ho-oh and Deo-A, If this was my team I would chose to keep Ho oh and remove Deo-A.

Team Fixes:

1) Diancie, Ho-oh and Latias are great. Nothing to add.
2) Recover>Extreme Speed like tenefix said so that Arceus Ground becomes a solid Primal Groudon check while still being a dangerous sweeper.
3) Thunder Wave>Roar since your team is weak to Latias and Latios you need that move to cripple them and once they are slow they are easy to wear down with your team.
4) Replace Deo-A with Charti Berry Defensive Yveltal(Charti Berry halfs the damage of rock moves, very useful since Stone Edge Extreme Killer Arceus is popular). It's the only possible pokemon who can solve all the issues to some extent since it counters Extreme Killer Arceus and Offensive Arceus Ghost, can switch in on Latias and Latios if you play it well and predict psyshocks and finally checks Mence pretty well with Foul Play.
This is the set I advice you to use:
Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

Hope I helped and good luck :)

Last edited:
Hi Funky Radio, your team looks nice overall with a solid ORAS Ubers core like tenefix said with Ho-oh/Latias/Diancie/Offensive Arceus Ground. But I have some serious concerns.

I would like to tell you first what serious threats your team is weak to:
1) Extreme Killer Arceus can clean this team once it gets to +2. It can set up Swords Dance when your Latias is at -2 or on Diancie and there is noway for you to stop it after that.
2) Both Mega Salamence with Dragon Dance(can set up on Arceus Ground easily after Intimidate and on locked Ho oh) and Rayquaza(can't easily set up however) will deal massive damage after they set up and possibly sweep.
3) Yveltal: the offensive set but more dangerously the defensive Foul play set. You only have Diancie who doesn't get 2hko'ed by it who is frail and will die after 2 Foul plays and a Sucker punch. Note that Yveltal can come in freely on Arceus Ground, locked Ho oh and can predict a psychic move on Latias and Deoxys-A and come in.
4) Physically offensive Arceus Ghost is very dangerous and can sweep for similar reasons to the ones of Extreme Killer Arceus.
5) Weak to Latias and Latios who comes in on Groudon and spam strong Draco Meteors and Psyshocks.

Now I want to tell you what's Wrong:
It is impossible for this team to work with both Ho-oh and Deoxys-A on it. Let me explain to you why very simply. This metagame is full of physically offensive threats and those 2 pokemons gives nothing defensively vs those physically offensive juggernauts Hence your weaknesses to the pokemons I listed above who are all physically offensive sweepers. Now you have to chose between either Ho-oh and Deo-A, If this was my team I would chose to keep Ho oh and remove Deo-A.
Team Fixes:
1) Diancie, Ho-oh and Latias are great. Nothing to add.
2) Recover>Extreme Speed like tenefix said so that Arceus Ground becomes a solid Primal Groudon check while still being a dangerous sweeper.
3) Thunder Wave>Roar since your team is weak to Latias and Latios you need that move to cripple them and once they are slow they are easy to wear down with your team.
4) Replace Deo-A with Charti Berry Defensive Yveltal(Charti Berry halfs the damage of rock moves, very useful since Stone Edge Extreme Killer Arceus is popular). It's the only possible pokemon who can solve all the issues to some extent since it counters Extreme Killer Arceus and Offensive Arceus Ghost, can switch in on Latias and Latios if you play it well and predict psyshocks and finally checks Mence pretty well with Foul Play.
This is the set I advice you to use:
Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

Hope I helped and good luck :)
Thanks for the suggestions, I would never think to run Charti Berry Yveltal, but I guess my doesn't have many counters to a lot of big threats in this tier. I like the idea of giving Groudon T-wave to allow Arceus-Ground to run Recover making it more of a reliable check to other Groudons. Deoxys-A was the star of the team so it's gonna suck to have to replace him, but I guess it's my fault for not building a team around him better.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions, I would never think to run Charti Berry Yveltal, but I guess my doesn't have many counters to a lot of big threats in this tier. I like the idea of giving Groudon T-wave to allow Arceus-Ground to run Recover making it more of a reliable check to other Groudons. Deoxys-A was the star of the team so it's gonna suck to have to replace him, but I guess it's my fault for not building a team around him better.
yes the point is since you chose Diancie Ho oh Groudon, It's totally impossible to fit Deo-A on a team with this core and I'm sure you understand why now. It's totally possible to use Deo-A but with other pokemons/cores and I think you are capable of making a good Deo-A team. So good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)