ORAS OU My Mega Gallade/Bisharp Core team

Introduction
So A few weeks ago I made a Rate my team about a Mega Gallade team, and the suggestions on that were really great, however, I did not like the playstyle of that team and I did not seem to do so well with it. Then, someone wrote me a message to try out the Mega-Gallade and bisharp core. So I did some research and figured out some common pokemon used on these teams. After some testing out I made some modifications and also figured out some checks and counters of the team, and I think I am ready to present it to you guys and take suggestions.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
So, starting up the core is Mega-Gallade. While there might be some better physical sweepers in OU I think with a base 165 attack Gallade can still shred through teams. I prefer the jolly nature over the admant because I think at +2 even more attack is kind of redundant and whats important then is outspeeding and picking up Knockouts. The set itself is pretty standard, but I run Ice punch over knock off for better coverage as the second part of my core is already running knock off. Ice punch also helps knocking out many common dragons in the tier such as garchomp, dragonite and Mega altaria, as well as dealing with flying types that try to scare gallade out.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
Rounding up the core(Even though only two pokemon are in the core :p) is Bisharp. It has very good synergy with Gallade as it can trap in any ghost types such as gengar, which would be deadly to gallade because most ghost types like to set burns on sweepers. It also can scare out any fairy types that Gallade would have trouble with such as Mega gardevoir, and once again Mega altaria, and if I predict switches and go into gallade I can sometimes get a free swords dance up. As mentioned before knock off is not being run on Gallade because it is on bisharp and dual coverage is not necessary. I run black glasses over the Life orb because I feel taking residual damage is not needed when three of bisharps moves are dark type anyway. I also run Adamant nature simply because I feel jolly is not needed due to priority in sucker punch.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe/4 HP
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
Volcarona is one of my favorite sweepers because of how common people fall for the passho berry. I will send volcarona in on something running scald or hydro pump, take half damage from it, set up a quiver dance and finish with giga drain. Volcarona is also my back up sweeper and it works well with gallade because they have very different coverage and one is a special attacker. Volcarona is also my answer to Mega sableye, who would otherwise be hunting Gallade and Bisharp throughout the entire match. The set is very standard. The situation for giga drain was mentioned earlier, and Bug Buzz and Fiery dance for stab. I run Fiery dance over fire blast because of accuracy and when you get a free special attack raise it pays off very well. Volcarona also heavily supports Bisharp because sets such as assault vest conkeldurr and other fighting types will be after bisharp and Volcarona can wall them pretty easily.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock off
- Stealth Rock
Landorus can be a very solid Lead for this team. If I predict correctly it can earn me free rocks or a strong hit against anything. If a bad lead opens It can U-turn out and go possibly into Rotom-Wash to take the hit. Then I can take the initiative by getting off some possible volt-turn action going or volt switch out into a better counter. Earthquake is the main STAB move and helps protect bisharp against fire types. While Landorus does not have the best base speed speed investment still helps outspeed things such as defensive landorus set. Finally, I am running knock off instead of Rock slide because I think it has some excellent utility and not very many people expect it.

Rotom-Wash @ sitrus berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
The team kind of lacked some natural bulk to it so I added in Rotom-Wash to tank heavy hits, and with this set it walls nearly every physical attacker in the tier. Volt Switch is the second half to the Volt-Turn that landorus and Rotom have access to. Pain split has excellent utility to lower health of walls such as Chansey and Clefable who can get to very high Hit point ranges. Wil-O-Wisp can cripple walls and scare out many physical attacker giving a chance to send in Gallade or Volcarona on the switch. Hydro pump is the main stab move, which can get rid of threats such as talonflame which Gallade does not appreciate.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
I am running an offensive spinner set on Starmie because The rest of the team is mainly trying to get initiative and Starmie can support that with good coverage. Ice Beam can take out flying types which Volcarona and Gallade do not like. I am running Hydro pump over surf because I feel on all the other pokemon I am running Good accuracy. Hydro pump is also the main stab. Psyshock can remove special walls in the tier such as chancey or can punish fighting types, which once again bisharp does not like. Rapid spin is ran to remove hazards which can cripple my volt-turn synergy on Rotom-Wash and Lando-T.

Conclusion
Overall, The team is very offensively built, which you might have noticed with the offensive sets on Landorus and starmie instead of the defensive sets. This is the case because I dont Like to have half the team offensive and just run stall sets on the other half because it messes with a lot of the synergy the team has. If you have made it this far I would like to thank you a lot for reading and If you have any suggestions for move, pokemon or set replacements please leave them below.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey there, cool team. ^.^

This is a pretty cool team you've got here. Mega Gallade + Bisharp is a tried and true offensive core that works wonderfully. There are some threats to your team that I will help try to fix, so let's get straight into the rate. Your team as it stands currently has 0 switch-ins to Mega Charizard-Y, which can get a kill or 2HKO all of your Pokemon when it switches in, and if it's paired up with Keldeo, your team will be softened up enough for Keldeo to sweep through your team. To help remedy this situation, I think that you should replace Starmie with Latias. Latias helps out your team immensely by providing hazard control and providing Healing Wish support for Mega Gallade and Volcarona, while also providing a check to Mega Charizard-Y. Next, I will suggest running a bulkier set on Volcarona. I'd suggest running the standard EV spread of. 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe will allow you to out-speed Scarf Landorus-Therian and KO it with your STAB. Also on Volcarona, if you're worried about Fire Blast missing, I suggest giving Flamethrower a try. Flamethrower has consistent power, more than Fiery Dance, and has perfect accuracy, allowing you to spam it freely. Finally, I'm going to suggest that you run Leftovers over Sitrus Berry on Rotom-W. Leftovers is the only item Rotom-W should be running because the passive recovery along with Pain Split helps its longevity. Anyway, cool team dude, hope my changes help. Good luck!

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Starmie
---------------------------------------------> Latias

Volcarona
:
Current Spread -> 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Fiery Dance -> Flamethrower

Rotom-W
: Sitrus Berry -> Leftovers

Hey there, cool team. ^.^

This is a pretty cool team you've got here. Mega Gallade + Bisharp is a tried and true offensive core that works wonderfully. There are some threats to your team that I will help try to fix, so let's get straight into the rate. Your team as it stands currently has 0 switch-ins to Mega Charizard-Y, which can get a kill or 2HKO all of your Pokemon when it switches in, and if it's paired up with Keldeo, your team will be softened up enough for Keldeo to sweep through your team. To help remedy this situation, I think that you should replace Starmie with Latias. Latias helps out your team immensely by providing hazard control and providing Healing Wish support for Mega Gallade and Volcarona, while also providing a check to Mega Charizard-Y. Next, I will suggest running a bulkier set on Volcarona. I'd suggest running the standard EV spread of. 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe will allow you to out-speed Scarf Landorus-Therian and KO it with your STAB. Also on Volcarona, if you're worried about Fire Blast missing, I suggest giving Flamethrower a try. Flamethrower has consistent power, more than Fiery Dance, and has perfect accuracy, allowing you to spam it freely. Finally, I'm going to suggest that you run Leftovers over Sitrus Berry on Rotom-W. Leftovers is the only item Rotom-W should be running because the passive recovery along with Pain Split helps its longevity. Anyway, cool team dude, hope my changes help. Good luck!

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Starmie
---------------------------------------------> Latias

Volcarona
:
Current Spread -> 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Fiery Dance -> Flamethrower

Rotom-W
: Sitrus Berry -> Leftovers
To Start Off, I would Like to thank you for thoroughly reading through the entire RMT and then leaving some great suggestions. To Begin, I think your suggestion of Changing starmie into Latias is pretty cool. I think it still maintains Great hazard control with defog and can give Mega Gallade or volcarona a second shot at sweeping, while draco can still hit the dragons nearly as hard as Ice beam can. I also Like the Idea of recovery every turn on Rotom as it will probably add up more. I also Like the Idea of flamethrower, However picking up a +1 can be pretty Effective but Il try flamethrower and pick by preference. Just one thing, would It be viable If I were to replace Knock of with Rock Slide or Stone Edge on Landorus and keep starmie which Counters Megazard-Y and still maintains Hazard control and a dragon type counter in ice beam?

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Yeah, you can replace KO on Lando to Stone Edge / Rock Slide if you want, and you may want to find a bulkier Starmie set if you want to check Chary-Y more effectively.

Perennial

amol selseila
an alternative way to address your weakness to Charizard-Y is by using a special defensive SD Talonflame over Volcarona. this provides you with a more durable answer to threats like Mega Sableye, Clefable and Mega Gardevoir thanks to Talonflame's ability to heal. you also gain a better check to Mega Altaria, who is problematic for your team with DD. Volcarona is one of your main checks to these pokémon, but when you consider her lack of recovery and weakness to SR, she isn't a consistent answer. with SD, Talonflame still maintains the offensive presence you value while patching up the weaknesses of your team nicely.
Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

self explanatory. I like how Will-O-Wisp can wear down things like Slowbro for Gallade and burn a threatening guy to your team, Bisharp. Taunt is a possibility over SD if you prefer to stall break better and stop status.
with this change, I would strongly consider switching Starmie to a bulkier variant with Recover. with Talonflame as your answer to so many threats, you will need a pokémon capable of consistently removing rocks. without any recovery, Starmie won't be able to stick around long enough to constantly spin away rocks and this will hinder Talonflame significantly. bumping up Starmie's bulk also means you gain a sturdier answer to Keldeo, who looks problematic to switch-in on.
Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock
another suggestion I have for you to consider is tank Garchomp over Landorus-T. one of the my main reasons for suggesting this is Bisharp. after an SD, which can be set-up on a forced Starmie switch or even your own Bisharp, there is little you can do to stop a sweep without relying on 50/50s. Garchomp helps with this issue and between Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin recoil, can wear down threats like Talonflame and Landorus-T upon contact for Gallade. below is the set with some comments:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Endure / Swords Dance

without Landorus-T, you lose something to Intimidate Charizard-X. with Talonflame and Rotom-W, Fire Blast isn't needed. this is why I listed Endure as an option instead. this lets you force Charizard-X to take extra recoil damage and wear herself down enough to a point where Talonflame can revenge kill with Brave Bird. Swords Dance is another option if you'd like to pressure fairies like Clefable more and gain another set-up pokémon.
final suggestions. Leftovers is more useful on Rotom-W for turn by turn recovery. furthermore, since fairies can still be a nuisance, especially by adding Garchomp, consider Poison Jab over Ice Punch on Gallade to lure and kill things like Mega Gardevoir and Clefable. many of Ice Punch's targets are hit hard by either Zen or CC at +2, so the loss isn't too huge. cool team overall, liked!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)