The World Cup of Pokémon X - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
First and foremost, I don't want any activity wins or substitutes - the intent of this post is only to make sure that my opponent and I get our game done and to explain our situation. I don't wish to pick a fight with anyone on Spain over activity and I hope we can all have some good games during the series, but I feel the need to post this to avoid any problems that may come up in the future.

On Monday after pairings were released, I VMd Lightchu and he responded asking to play at that point on SmogTours. I wasn't ready, so I went back to stressing the point of scheduling (I gave him various times of availability throughout the week) and trying to find out when he could play.

I then went on SmogTours to try to schedule with him, but he didn't seem to know his activity, so this attempt didn't go anywhere.

Around the same time the next day, Lightchu PMd me on Skype. As I said on Monday, I would not be ready until Wednesday (which is fair because everyone should be entitled to prepare and schedule, in my opinion), so I explained that to him again. Seeing that he was on around the same time (3pm my time, 9pm his time) on both Monday and Tuesday, I hoped to catch him on Wednesday or Thursday around that time, especially given that he didn't express any disagreement with those times (although he didn't really say anything besides "play now?", so there was no agreement either).

At this time yesterday, I PMd Lightchu on Skype asking to play (I was then fully prepared) and also asked in my old HPL (Hispanic Premier League) chat if one of the people from Spain could contact Lightchu. I was told that he was busy and could not play yesterday (Wednesday), but that he could play around this time today (Thursday), which happened to work well for me.

- time stamp cut off the third screenshot because I messed up with puush, but it was around the same time (just to avoid any suspicion). I can re-take the puush and show a bit more context if necessary, but this sums it up.

So I got on today and I PMd Lightchu and asked in the HPL chat if he could play, but got nothing. In the SmogTours chat, Soulwind asked if we were scheduled, so I showed him the above puush of Fv13 and I discussing Lightchu's activity and scheduling for today, but he said that Lightchu never said he would be on at this time today. I decided to wait anyway in case he did show up, but got nothing.

Now it's an hour and ten minutes after the "scheduled time" and I must attend to IRL matters for a while and I won't have consistent activity for the rest of tonight (my grandparents are coming and I only see them 3 times a year, so whenever I need to talk with them, that takes priority over this), so I don't see this game getting done today. As I said in my initial VM, I cannot play on Saturday at all due to some more family coming out (same people that I'm seeing tonight, but I will be seeing them for the entire day). Hopefully, my opponent and I can play on Sunday or Monday (Friday works, too, but I have work and then I go out with friends, so not too sure when I will be able to play and don't want to leave him waiting for hours).

This is not an activity post; I don't want a free win or to face a sub. I'm posting this because I owe it to my team to make sure this match gets done and I am able to play without any problems coming up, so it's mainly precautionary. Hope to see Lightchu at some point on Sunday (if not, then Monday) during the afternoon or evening of GMT-4!

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Did that nigga seriously just write a term paper. I haven't read it, but it's probably something about an activity win. The deadline is Sunday and maybe, just maybe, your opponent has some real life that needs to be attended to too. Jesus Christ.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Did that nigga seriously just write a term paper. I haven't read it, but it's probably something about an activity win. The deadline is Sunday and maybe, just maybe, your opponent has some real life that needs to be attended to too. Jesus Christ.
i said twice explicitly that i didn't want to get an activity win or a sub - just making sure the game gets done and my team doesn't get screwed over with a double sub or something. I want matchas as much as the next guy, no bs activity for my team or the opposing team

Me and Alastor Law were supposed to play about an hour ago. He supposedly couldn't play any day after today as he said he'd be leaving for vacation for the remainder of the round starting Friday. He said he might be around a half an hour late but I've waited well past that and don't see the need to wait around all day to play a match with no guarantee of him ever turning up. I'd like to get the match done, but if he's leaving tomorrow I'd probably need a sub ._.

tl;dr Spanish johning continues

why is finch trying to get the activity win when he can just DDOS like therest of central anyways?
How many times does he have to say that he DOESN'T want the activity win? He just doesn't want a forced double sub and he wants to get the game done just like everybody else.

Alastor Law

The Black Parade
is a Past SPL Champion
Yea, got kind of unlucky with him not missing any hurricanes out of 5 or 6, a speed tie that closed the game p much and some gay crit on hippo. Sorry team, pls carry me and do your best! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)