New Pokémon silhouette leak (maybe Zygarde form?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CoroCoro Magazine just leaked first images from the trailer of the new Pokémon XY movie (the third) which should be released next year. This trailer airs after the Hoopa movie and shows a mysterious Pokémon silhouette.

Rumors are speculating that it's a new Zygarde form, since it shares some element of its structure (diamonds upon the body, the head form) and considering there are two unreleased moves that let people think about new Zygarde's forms. However, too many elements are quite different (humanoid appearance, wings, a likely electric analogy with the lightning in second picture).
What do you think?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
There's already been plenty of discussion about these leaks here. This isn't really worth its own thread when there's another place or it.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
The timing's too perfect for it; it's pretty much assured it'll be a Zygarde form. Plus there are two Ground-type moves programed in the games that have yet to show up on any Pokemon, and they seem custom fit for Zygarde as well.

There's already been plenty of discussion about these leaks here. This isn't really worth its own thread when there's another place or it.
Oh, didn't see, sorry.
I think it's not solely related to the anime tho
Okay a revelation from a movie but it's something which deserves a separate chapter if it's goin to reveal a new Pokémon form since this concerns also different sides other than anime one, like competitive part.

1. Hoopa summons Evil Monster Pokemon from one of its rings.
  2. Evil Monster Pokemon tries to destroy the world because evil.
  3. Ash and company must help Hoopa defeat Evil Monster Pokemon with the power of FRIENDSHIP!
  4. Evil Monster Pokemon isn't seen again until 7th gen, where it is smaller and less evil.
I don't think it looks much like Zygarde, eyes don't appear compound (though that could just be due to the resolution of the image), head gem/3rd eye doesn't appear on Zygarde (white line down Zygarde's head is close, but in a different location relative to the eyes), humanoid appearance, wings(?) lack the extra point of Zygarde's frill, glowing parts are much less symetrical on Zygarde.

3. Ash and company must help Hoopa defeat Evil Monster Pokemon with the power of FRIENDSHIP!
  4. Evil Monster Pokemon isn't seen again until 7th gen, where it is smaller and less evil.
I don't think it looks much like Zygarde, eyes don't appear compound (though that could just be due to the resolution of the image), head gem/3rd eye doesn't appear on Zygarde (white line down Zygarde's head is close, but in a different location relative to the eyes), humanoid appearance, wings(?) lack the extra point of Zygarde's frill, glowing parts are much less symetrical on Zygarde.
This is for a trailer for M19 that airs after M18 (Hoopa), so it doesn't have to do with Hoopa.

Different movie. This is what happens in M18 (according to serebii)(Spoilers. I warned you.):
Super Hoopa(Evil) is sealed a long time ago.
Ash befriends hoopa.
Ash and his friends arrive in that city and then Super Hoopa is released.
Super Hoopa transports a bunch of legendaries.
Hoopa transports a bunch of legendaries to stop Super Hoopa.
Ash and Hoopa stop Super Hoopa.

Also what if its a volcanion form? Diancie got a mega and Hoopa got Hoopa Unbound.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it even confirmed that this thing is a Pokemon is what I'm wondering -- anyone have a translation of the captions? This could be a new villain (humanoid form, crown, clothing(?)) or some sort of mech (a la Team Rocket, Iron Mask) or to take it further, an unofficial creation of something else (like that forest monster Dark Celebi made in its movie).

If it is though, I'm leaning towards a Zygarde, not a Volcanion forme. First off the silhouette looks nothing at all like Volcanion (where's it's backring, etc), and second of all, it shares characteristics with Zygarde (hexagonal plates, a sort of cape/crest, shining scales/eyes, hexagonal ridges). It's not too much of a stretch to imagine Zygarde as the king/ruler/mediator of the life/death trio, and the figure depicted in the silhouette does look like it has a crown/regality motif in there somewhere with the shoulder ornaments, cape, et cetera...

edit: ...while volcanion is like the guardian of hot springs or something? idk just sounds weird to me

Last edited:
Is it even confirmed that this thing is a Pokemon is what I'm wondering -- anyone have a translation of the captions? This could be a new villain (humanoid form, crown, clothing(?)) or some sort of mech (a la Team Rocket, Iron Mask) or to take it further, an unofficial creation of something else (like that forest monster Dark Celebi made in its movie).

If it is though, I'm leaning towards a Zygarde, not a Volcanion forme. First off the silhouette looks nothing at all like Volcanion (where's it's backring, etc), and second of all, it shares characteristics with Zygarde (hexagonal plates, a sort of cape/crest, shining scales/eyes, hexagonal ridges). It's not too much of a stretch to imagine Zygarde as the king/ruler/mediator of the life/death trio, and the figure depicted in the silhouette does look like it has a crown/regality motif in there somewhere with the shoulder ornaments, cape, et cetera...

edit: ...while volcanion is like the guardian of hot springs or something? idk just sounds weird to me
I think its Volcanion because:

1. The body shape is nothing like Zygarde.
2. Water + Fire creates electricity in the anime somewhen. So lighting in the second picture could be a reference to that. Kind of stupid but whatever.
3. The hexagonal shining scales is the only thing similar to Zygarde.
4. Volcanion can separate and attach its backring thing, so maybe those turned into what look like wings.
5. It looks humanoid so the arms and legs could be Volcanion's 4 legs.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was a zygarde form. The shining scales are convinving.

This is for a trailer for M19 that airs after M18 (Hoopa), so it doesn't have to do with Hoopa.
Different movie.

Also what if its a volcanion form? Diancie got a mega and Hoopa got Hoopa Unbound.
If Celebi and Mewtwo can appear in 2 movies, why not Hoopa? Just use "A Hoopa did it" for all the movies from now on, solves the issue of why are all these random Mythical Pokemon showing up now.

It looks even less like Volcanion than it does Zygarde, honestly Volc seems like such an unimportant legend I'm expecting it to appear in a short like Meloetta rather than a full movie. (Pikachu and friends are trying to beat the heat, walking garden hose Volcanion saves the day?).

I don't believe anything is confirmed about it other than appearing in the next movie, and the Killer Substitute Doll theory seems rather popular, does anyone know if the Celebi forest monster or similar things have been featured this prominently before?

The issue I have with the Zygarde: King of X/Y theory is that none of the previous trio rulers were particularly kingly. Lugia was the ruler of ZapMolCuno and didn't have a crown, no crown for Rayquaza either, or Arceus, or Kyurem, or Landorus, or Mega-Rayquaza. Giratina came closest to having a crown, but nothing else about it is very kingly.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Actually on another Pokemon site I lurk on someone mentioned it could be the Original Dragon. Although it is a generation later, Kyurem-based Primal Reversion seems at least plausible.
Maybe it's just a trick of the light, but that diamond on the thing's forehead looks almost yellowish to me (like Kyurem's signature crest). Honestly, this sounds more probable than Zygarde, just because snake -> humanoid doesn't make as much sense as already bipedal dragon -> humanoid.

Maybe it's just a trick of the light, but that diamond on the thing's forehead looks almost yellowish to me (like Kyurem's signature crest). Honestly, this sounds more probable than Zygarde, just because snake -> humanoid doesn't make as much sense as already bipedal dragon -> humanoid.
Yeah, when I first looked at the three pictures I thought that it resembled the gen 5 dragons. The timing of its release makes more sense if it's zygarde, but I honestly think it's gen 7. There's not enough(although there are some) similarities between it and anything else to make me think otherwise.

When I saw the picture, I honestly thought it would be zygarde, but as I thought about it, it makes more sense for the mon to be a gen 7 legend. Seeing as how we're already in gen 6's 2nd year (3rd by the time the movie's out), they might include it in the movie to hype up gen 7 whenever it's announced, in a similar manner to what they did for Zoroark: master of illusions, pokemon the movie 2000, ranger and the temple of the sea, etc.

Considering how we should be getting the full trailer sometime soon though, it will be cool to see how much more will be revealed about this mystery pokemon

I thought I was really on to something having the zygarde theory...hasn't it already been confirmed movie 19 revolves around zygarde? It has to be either zygarde or volcanion for me (or a digimon).

Also to your point about the electric analogy, it would make perfect sense for a zygarde form to become electric/ground as it would then share a typing with only one other legendary pokemon

That image really reminds me of the god warriors in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Looks to me that it must be partly inspired by that. I do agree though, this is either a new Zygarde, but I do like the possibility of it being the original dragon, aka a Primal Kyurem. But Kyurem already has its Black and White forms, it seems unlikely Gamefreak would give it a third powerful add-on.

If you haven't read the manga or watched the movie, do it now. <3

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

The translation reads "Is this a new Pokemon?"

It's pretty obvious that this is Zygarde unfortunately, especially with those two huge things on its arms making a possible X if they are held together (so this is Zygarde's X-forme). However, I think that having a 7th generation Pokemon starring in a film before it's released in the games would be really good marketing right about now, similar to what they did with Lucario in gen 4 and also Munchlax and Bonsly debuting in XD: Gales as opposed to generation 4, despite being generation 4 Pokemon.

This could be probobly one of 2 possible Zygarde forms...it wings remind me a bit of Yveltal but modified to look similar to angel wings...a death angel like asrael or something.

The plot won't most likely be that Volcanion is errupting and Zygard is gonna murder it, but I think it is pretty close on "checking" Volcanion for some reason since it purpose is to balance nature or something like that.

if this is a zygarde fusion/mega/forme/whatever, then I suppose the plot will probably be related to it not doing whatever it's supposed to be doing by balancing nature. since the form looks "demonic" or "evil" in a way. I'm not so sure how volcanion will fit into all of this though, probably helping to keep zygarde/whatever the silhouette is in check(?)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This could be probobly one of 2 possible Zygarde forms...it wings remind me a bit of Yveltal but modified to look similar to angel wings...a death angel like asrael or something.
Was waiting for the "two possible Zygarde formes" comment to come up. I've got my own theory on this that I've been meaning to post so here goes:

We'll get dual sequels to XY like we did for BW, in one version we'll get one forme for Zygarde and another in the other game. One forme will get Thousand Arrows and the other Thousand Waves. Judging from the leaked photo with the thing's arms and stuff, it'll probably get Thousand Arrows. This is solely based on me thinking it will literally use its arms to shoot a bow and arrow type thing, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)