Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

This team seems to lack a designated check to powerful special attackers, such as Mega Charizard Y, as well as a solid defogger in order to stop the team from being worn down by hazards. Latias is a great fit and fulfills both of these roles.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This team has nothing to handle Mega Gardevoir, as it 2HKO's every member, and nothing switches in reliably. CB Scizor easily dispatches of Mega Gardevoir with a single Bullet Punch, and can also handle Kyurem-B, another Pokemon which 2HKO's all members of this team.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

The team is pretty weak to Kyurem-B, Gyarados, Mega Pinsir, and you need hazard control.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Terrakion provides you a way to threaten Mega Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie, Kyurem-B, Mega Pinsir, Thundurus-I and DD Gyarados, all of whom can tear a big hole in the team. It also revenge kills Lati@s, Charizard, Weavile and opposing Tornadus-T. In return, Terrakion's enemies such as Garchomp, Hippowdon and Mega Sableye can be handled by Manaphy.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

This team is really weak to Kyurem-B, Mega Gyarados, Bisharp, Alakazam, Weavile, and M-Garde. Weavile can revenge kill all of these and it forms the famous Torn-T + Weavile core. Most of Weavile's checks such as Keldeo, Azu, and Scizor are beaten by Mega Venusaur. It also resists ice which is an annoying type to the team.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

As mentioned above, the team is weak to Bisharp, but also has trouble vs Kyu-B. And since Scizor was already taken is too maintream isn't the greatest Bisharp counter, I chose Cobalion, it gives the team a hard counter to Bisharp, and a decent Kyu-B check which switches into anything but Earth Power. Magnet Rise may seem odd, but without it, it can't beat Kyu-B 1v1 since CC doesn't OHKO from full while EPower OHKOs back. It also forms a VoltTurn core with Lando-T for what it's worth.

Last edited:
I was lurking around on the forums and this thread sounded really interesting. With that being said, I'm going to chose Choice Scarf Keldeo for the last slot due to its ability to check Bisharp and Weavile, and its revenge-killing capabilities against offense (ie. Mega Zam, Mega Manectric, Mega Lopunny, ect.). What made it stand out from RestTalk Keldeo and Choice Scarf Terrakion in my opinion, is the typing and ability to stomach attacks such as Life Orb Shadow Ball from Gengar behind a Substitute and threaten it out. The team itself has ways to deal with Chansey, meaning that the last mon can lack the power from Life Orb or Choice Specs. Access to Scald allows it to chip away at its checks and counters if it gets a burn, and can give its team momentum if opposing Grass Types are forced to heal via a safe switch to Torn-T. It also complements Manaphy, because Manaphy isn't usually played as a hit-and-run attacker.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
since i got the shaft last week from u poor tasting individuals, i will try my luck again

i definitely think it's a psychic, more specifically a lati.

the teams weakness to rocks is definitely in play here

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock | Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire] | Roost
- Defog

Latias (F) @ Life Orb | Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

pick me or you're not invited to my birthday party

Last edited:
Given that most suggestions above already mention the common threats of Bish, Zard Y, LO Kyub, I definitely agree that a significantly speedy dark resist that can at least check/force out aforementioned threats is welcome. Therefore a classic suggestion:

tyranitar.gif

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Scarftar patches up a significant amount of weaknesses to your team, and is commonly seen on the archetype of your own build, even though potentially sand does hurt the opportunity of Venusaur to recover, but in this case the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. Scarftar forces out Kyub with edge, Bish with superpower, revenges or traps ZardY and gets rid of its sun, and on top of that provides great support to your team by trapping Lati@s (I find this very relevant to your team. Heatran is offensive so it does get worn down quickly, and torn lacks an assault vest to eat hits. Moreover, both of your threats in offensive Venusaur and Manaphy highly benefit from the Latis being gone in order to put constant pressure on your opponents team). Other benefits of Scarftar include KOing Mega Gardevoir after rocks and allowing your own form of weather control.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
K voting begins now. Same as last week, put the Pokemon and the user who suggested it bolded as your vote. I'll close voting sometime tomorrow.

Rumor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This team has nothing to handle Mega Gardevoir, as it 2HKO's every member, and nothing switches in reliably. CB Scizor easily dispatches of Mega Gardevoir with a single Bullet Punch, and can also handle Kyurem-B, another Pokemon which 2HKO's all members of this team.
lmao when scizor is your gard counter

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
yeah, no dark resists at all and just adding a lati for defog support just make the weakness even more aids. Gardevior weakness as well can u need something to come and revenge it. Scizor is okay, however it not being mega doesn't really make it the best check, as bisharp can just nail it w/ a knock and then just switch to something safe.

Cobalion, Albacore

since i got the shaft last week from u poor tasting individuals, i will try my luck again

i definitely think it's a psychic, more specifically a lati.

the teams weakness to rocks is definitely in play here

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock | Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire] | Roost
- Defog

Latias (F) @ Life Orb | Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

pick me or you're not invited to my birthday party
Well, I already posted latias, but why not.

Lati Twins, Rumor I think it's the best way for this team to handle Char Y, seeing as though Heatran is more offensive, and Manaphy has to risk a speed tie to even damage it.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rumor you suck no suggesting more than one mon it's in the OP sigh

but you got the most votes so I'll let it slide this time and add you to the archive n_n

In case you guys were wondering, my ast was physically defensive SD Scizor when I built the team, I think Zamrock had the best analysis of the weaknesses of the team and chose the best mon imo (I would have voted for alba's set as well). So just letting you know that just because everyone is voting for a set, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right one. Think for yourselves and truly analyze a teams biggest weaknesses before voting next time!

Ok, round three's team:

Based on an old BW core I liked of Hydreigon + Lucario, this team aims to give Lucario and Hydreigon plenty of switch ins in order to break the opponent's team so that either Keldeo or Lucario can win late game. Skarm provides rocks and a Lati check, while Latios checks Keldeo as well as electric types like Thundy. The main weaknesses the team has would be Zard X and certain offensive fairy types. So tell me, what's the last?

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power Electric

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Rumor

RUMORS VICTORY

time for another win

something i have on every team is a grass/elec

this team is also lacking a mega

SO I HAVE THE PERFECT MON

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

one mon that came out to me that kinda screwed over the team was phat shit like Azumarill and Crocune. Manectric obliterates them.

vote for rumor

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

Checks Lopunny, Thundurus, and Azumarill, 3 big threats to this team, and also acts as a secondary Keldeo check in case Latios gets burnt or trapped or Icy Winded. Kinda sorta checks Starmie (comes in on anything that's not Ice Beam) which can be a huge pain as well.

Pairs super well with Keldeo and Hydeigon in general since it can Nastypass to them, in doing so it reduces the slight Sableye weakness b/c it has the bulk to take a Knock Off / Shadow Ball and pass a NP to Hydreigon which can just nuke it. Kinda stacks Dark weaknesses but that's fine since this team already has 3 resists to it. Ice Weakness is a bit of a problem I guess but between Keldeo and Lucario you have enough to handle most Ice-types.

Last edited:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fire
- Synthesis

The weakness to Fairies is sticking out and Mega Venusaur manages to check most of them (except Mega Gardevoir) with its typing. It also provides a secondary answer to Keldeo, Mega Lopunny and non-HP Flying Thundurus. Of course this stacks the weakness to Talonflame, Zards and Mega Metagross so you should play cautiously if you see them during Team Preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)