SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Tyranitar can be a living fossil with residual traits, but calling it a reanimated fossil would be way off. Sandstream was not added in its inception and so far no Tyranitar has used it as a defense mechanism in other media.

Where are the police in the Pokémon world? I mean, it would be nice if you could get some help saving the world once in a while...
The police force consists of people who are spooked when you show up near them at night and battle you and Looker. For all I'm aware of, the police in the games are literally just those. Oh yes! And the Office Jenny in Pokemon Blue that gives you Squirtle

Where are the police in the Pokémon world? I mean, it would be nice if you could get some help saving the world once in a while...
That's the job of the Champion except that Lance, Steven and Cynthia thinks that helping = killstealing while Alder gets his ass handed to him by N. The X and Y Champion? No idea what she's doing in her free time.

That's the job of the Champion except that Lance, Steven and Cynthia thinks that helping = killstealing while Alder gets his ass handed to him by N. The X and Y Champion? No idea what she's doing in her free time.
Dainty just kills time making movies. She does nothing to help keep order. Wallace at least helps you.

Or else...remember the Yaz and Kaz gyms from the first season of the Pokemon anime? Maybe it would be like that and you're just fighting their Pokemon to make it so that way they can't attack you personally. And the reason why they allow you to just pass afterwards instead of beating you up is because you still have perfectly fine Pokemon ready to fight the Evil Team Grunt.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Okay, the Shedinja thing was just a joke. No need for all of you to go and analyze it. On to the fossil Pokemon thing. DNA deteriorates over time, we know that. If the Pokemon fossils are from around the same time as our Cretaceous period, etc, they would definitely not be complete. In Jurassic Park they used frog DNA to fill in the gaps. Something similar could be done with fossil Pokemon, having say the professor's putting some Pidgeot DNA into Aerodactyl's DNA gaps. It could explain why Mega Aerodactyl would be its true form, the Mega Stone filling in what the Pidgeot DNA could not replicate. Genesect obviously used to look different before it was messed with. If Genesect were to have a mega theoretically, if it was like Aerodactyl is would revert to its original form before becoming a cyborg monster.
I don't know, comparing the two Mega Aerodactyl just doesn't look natural. Looking closely at it the rocky spikes look like they're tearing through the skin, like its a spreading infection or something. To me it looks like that since it was a Fossil it caused a mutation to occur where whatever mineral deposits it has in its anatomy rapidly grew and became jetting spikes. It honestly looks like it hurts being Mega Aerodactyl. Also Mega Aerodactyl is missing its hands and don't tell me it under the wing spikes because if that was the case why would it have hands? Wouldn't fossils of Aerodactyl show it without them?

I will say MAYBE Mega Aerodactyl is the Mega form of the original Aerodactyl. Like maybe the original Aerodactyl did have stone spikes and maybe stone claws on the end of its fingers but it more or less looked like a normal Aerodactyl. Nothing extreme like Mega Aerodactyl, but still you could see the naturally transformation.

Is there proof that Genesect was potentially incomplete or substituted in the manner Aerodactyl was in this theory though? I wouldn't put it past Team Plasma to have more advanced technology at their disposal that their scientists didn't share, which could reconstruct Genesect in its entirety (or at least much moreso than regular revival machines).

I always assumed Genesect was (organically) more or less the same, and then they modified its body heavily with the cybernetics.
That's tough to say as there's no Genesect Fossil that can be found. If I were to jump to a conclusion, I'd say that possibly might mean there really wasn't enough of the Genesect Fossil to revive it like most other Fossil Pokemon but replacing its missing parts with cybernetics fixes that and also makes it a more efficient fighting machine.

And no, Genesect isn't a Kabutops, I think it would have been said somewhere if that was the case (besides why remove the scythe arms if it was true? Cannon for ranged, scythes for close combat, everyone wins (except for Genesect's victims!).

Unless Pokémon DNA is different than our own, there actually wouldn't be any left.
The Fossil Pokémon are about 100 million years old (most of their Pokédex entries say this...I think one of them is different, 300 million).
DNA has a half-life of 521 years. In layman's terms: after a 100 million years, there wouldn't be any DNA, making cloning impossible.
... look, do you want a dinosaur Pokemon or not?

I thought so.

Actually I always wondered what they were exactly doing. They say the Pokemon they gave you IS the Fossil, so maybe they're not cloning but rather rewinding time? We have Pokemon that can manipulate time, granted many of those are Legendaries. Or maybe they're using some other way to actually bring the Fossil back to life, like they're turning what the fossil is into new DNA. Because N does have a bit of a point that bringing an extinct Pokemon back to life is unnatural and you have to wonder how this was discovered and if there isn't some mad science involved.

I have another mystery-like question- is tyranitar an ancient pokemon? We all know that seemingly all fossil pokemon are part rock type and resemble prehistoric life forms. Tyranitar perfectly fits this description, as he is dark/rock and is obviously based off various dinosaurs (Godzilla moreover, who in turn is based off dinosaurs). I believe it is possible that he survived since the ancient times because of his great power. Other evidence that may back up the fact that he is an ancient pokemon is he fact that there are fossil pokemon in every generation except gen 2, his generation, so he may, in fact, be the "fossil" pokemon for gen 2. Also, relicanth is also an ancient Pokemon that has survived since prehistoric times, so if tyranitar was also an ancient Pokemon, he would not be alone (making it more sensible). What we do not know as of now is whether the rock typing of ancient Pokemon is from their lifestyle or their resurrection, however since relicanth is part rock I think it is safe to say that it is not from resurrection. What do you guys think- is tyranitar an ancient Pokemon?
As you said, Tyranitar seems to take more inspiration from Godzilla then an actual dinosaur. I think that's the notable thing here. Maybe Tyranitar could be a great grand decedent of Tyrantrum or something, but I don't think any existed during prehistoric times. Then again I sort of find Pupitar as a bit of strange step for the Larvitar family. Looking at just Larvitar and Tyranitar you can see the resemblance, but then we have Pupitar who's a cocoon which is something bugs do. Also we never had a 3-stage Fossil Pokemon, they've only been one or two stage.

Anyway I guess the same deal also goes for Aggron, Garchomp, and other dinosaur-like Pokemon. Heck, maybe many dinosaur Pokemon evolved into the Dragon-type Pokemon we know today.

I wonder, maybe the reason why there are only a few fossil Pokemon and that they are all part-rock is because only the fossils of the part-rock Pokemon can have their DNA and stuff survive those millions of years. Maybe there were hundreds of others that went extinct that we CAN'T revive because there lacks any good specimen for them.
That's another thing I've wondered about. Are the Fossil Pokemon we have naturally Rock-type or is that something from being revived from a Fossil. Maybe its because they were part Rock-type that they're DNA or whatever Rock-types have was able to survive so well that they can be brought back to life.

It appears we have fossils of Dragonite too. I believe in an episode of the anime (Black and White) there was one hanging in the museum that they were playing Ghost Busters in. Although I guess it can just be a model for decoration.
I think the Dragonite only a few thousand years ago, we're talking about fossil Pokemon from hundred thousands to millions years ago.

Isn't Mamoswine so posed to be a super-ancient Pokemon they found in a glacier? Quite a few Pokedex entries say they found 10,000 year old Mamoswine in ice. They repeat the same entries a lot (Could be Bulbapedia messing it up though.) but it does show they have been found. Mamoswine could easily be a survivor along with Relicanth.

Platinum: A frozen one was dug up from soil dating back 10,000 years. It woke up to much amazement.
Heartgold: A frozen Mamoswine was dug from ice dating back 10,000 years. This Pokémon has been around a long, long, long time.
Black and White: A frozen one was dug up from soil dating back 10,000 years. It woke up to much amazement.
X:A frozen Mamoswine was dug from ice dating back 10,000 years. This Pokémon has been around a long, long, long time.
Omega Ruby: A frozen Mamoswine was dug from ice dating back 10,000 years. This Pokémon has been around a long, long, long time.
And can you find a Mamoswine fossil in the game and revive it?

I always thought that the police are just one step behind of things to be any help. The player is the "luckiest" person in the entire Pokemon world being able to be in the right place at the right time when the villain team decides to make their move. Meanwhile the police are probably at the LAST place the villain team was investigating the crime scene and by the time they get the call of what the villain team is doing next them and the player have moved on.

There's also seems to be some @$$kicking equals authority going on. The Pokemon League seem to serve some kind of guardian role to their region. The Gym Leader is a very prominent person to their town/city even having some say what does on. The Elite Four and Champion usually do whatever they want with little questioning them and whenever something big is going on sometimes they do get involved.

This does bring up the mystery of what happens if someone who doesn't have Pokémon goes down there.
I can't think of any time where some one used Pokémon on someone who doesn't have Pokémon.
Team Rocket threatens them with the Pokemon to leave. Even if a Pokemon doesn't kill, they don't have an qualms attacking a person.

Also Lance's Dragonite attacking the Rocket Grunt.

Lance doesn't @#$% around.

... look, do you want a dinosaur Pokemon or not?

I thought so.
I never said I didn't want a dinosaur Pokémon (that would be a lie), just pointing out science.
Team Rocket threatens them with the Pokemon to leave. Even if a Pokemon doesn't kill, they don't have an qualms attacking a person.

Also Lance's Dragonite attacking the Rocket Grunt.

Lance doesn't @#$% around.
Oh yeah, I forgot that one.

Diantha is an actor, she probably wouldn't have the time to be the police. Wikstrom could stand in for her though, he's a freaking knight.

It's speculation time! Look what CoroCoro just published, a Pokemon silhouette for the movie after Hoopa's. In another thread, most of us agree this is a Zygarde form. What do you all think?

It's speculation time! Look what CoroCoro just published, a Pokemon silhouette for the movie after Hoopa's. In another thread, most of us agree this is a Zygarde form. What do you all think?
I already voiced my opinion in the other thread, but I'll restate it here. Although the glowing hexagonish shapes definitely allude to zygarde, the overall lack of resemblance to anything currently in pokemon leads me to believe that the mysterious pokemon is an altogether new species and most likely a legendary.

I already voiced my opinion in the other thread, but I'll restate it here. Although the glowing hexagonish shapes definitely allude to zygarde, the overall lack of resemblance to anything currently in pokemon leads me to believe that the mysterious pokemon is an altogether new species and most likely a legendary.
To be fair, Hoopa Unbound barely resembles Hoopa so there IS some precedence to being a new form.

I think it really looks like one of the God Warriors from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. If it is a Zygarde form, maybe this is like its Hulk smash mode? Or even its true form, like our current Zygarde is a shell trapping its power to actually help with all the environmental crises that Xerneas and Yveltal have been causing.
Manga spoiler right here!

I made a statement already, but never forget that one important aspect how Thousand Arrow/Waves are perfectly designed "catch Xerneas/Yveltal" Moves, which fits its motive. Maybe this will inspire some of you why Zygarde looks like that. I made the obvious Yggdrasil reference ... but maybe there is something else to it?

Zygarde is angry about how we have ruined Geosenge town (it has a huge crater) and seeks revenge possibly? It is basically a grave site, if it's the Pokemon of balance it would probably be pretty angry a bunch of people ruined the grave site of some Pokemon who died unnecessary deaths.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I said several things on the Anime thread but I'll put my more focused thoughts here.

Indeed this new giant doesn't look much like Zygarde being humanoid and Zygarde a serpent, but there are some themes going on that may answer why that is.

1. We know the next movie will star Zygarde and Zygarde has two secret Signature moves, Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows, so we do know it'll be getting something for the third version.
2. The light patterns on the giant is similar to the light patterns on Zygarde. Also the shoulder and crown spikes look similar in shape to the frills on Zygarde's back.
3. As everyone knows, the Mortality Trio have some basis in Norse mythology. All of them are partially based on animals who are around the world tree, Yggdrasil. Xerneas is based on stags who eat at its branches (as well as a stag in Valhalla), Yveltal on eagles perched on top (as well as an eagle known as the "corpse eater" who perches at the end of the world), and Zygarde on a serpent that gnaws on its roots (as well as a serpent who wraps around the world). The giant creature looks sort of like a giant tree, and with Zygarde supposedly being able to bring balance between Xerneas and Yveltal it would make sense if Zygarde received a more powerful form that turns it into Yggdrasil. Also, Giants are another popular theme in Norse mythology.

Zygarde is angry about how we have ruined Geosenge town (it has a huge crater) and seeks revenge possibly? It is basically a grave site, if it's the Pokemon of balance it would probably be pretty angry a bunch of people ruined the grave site of some Pokemon who died unnecessary deaths.
I don't think Zygarde cares about that. All it cares about is the environment and Xerneas/Yveltal have the power to really mess with it. While I don't know what they plan on doing in the movie (maybe Volcanion is making it mad since its powers are causing volcanic and tectonic activity?), I can see two ways this could go:

1. If its a traditional third version, Lysandre would try using the power of both Legendaries, they're awakened and start unleashing their power, and Zygarde awakens to stop them.
2. If they go for a sequel, I can imagine the firing of the Ultimate Weapon had as unforeseen side effect on the environement which Zygarde needs to correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)