NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Sigh... well. This isn't good. I really have no idea what to say here... yet people refuse to move on until i, as well as the other "idlers", do something. Maybe using Epicmafia as my training grounds was a bad idea... the players there use strats that are frowned upon here... especially since even by their standards a setup with no info roles is EXTREMELY unconventional.. this is tough.... the closest setup i've seen to this is "Classic" (3 vanilla town, 1 cop, 1 doc, 1 mafia with 2 people).. and there they do Nights BEFORE days... and if Cop dies N1, you should nl on d1 IMMEDIATELY without much talk in hopes that either A) Maf will kill someone who may have acted scummy the next day or B) Doc saves someone, cleaning them (unless maf no kills for some reason, forcing extreme wifom). That won't work here, because we have TWO mafia factions, so the doc saving someone successfully doesn't mean their clean... it just means they're of a different faction then the one that was killblocked... I have no idea why Smogon displays NLing as such a nooby move, when Epicmafia calls you out as scum immediately for not following that policy... it's confusing @_@

Unvote
Lynch Haunted Diamond

I'd be willing to lynch Gale, Acidphoenix, or ButteredToast as well, but I think this is the strongest lynch at the moment. He provided even less reasoning than Gale did when he hopped on my bandwagon, he has played NOC before so he should've known better, and I am a lot more confident in my read on him then I am in my ability to read Gale. He hasn't been contributing much, and we learn a lot about Celever, myself, and Da Letter El from his flip (ie if he flips mafia suddenly all three of us look a lot cleaner). I feel his flip will provide more info than a Gale flip, and I feel he is slightly more likely to be mafia (though I do think that his posts have made more sense than Gale's up until now).

In other words let's start thinking about wrapping things up for today. I'd like people to post a list of exactly who they would be comfortable lynching today, and what they would like to wait on prior to finalizing the day (particularly if it's different from what I posted above).
I see Village UncleSam doing this kind of a move, but not in the way he has done. Ideally, for us right now is to listen inputs from everyone. Make opinions of each other, and to agree on a lynch. I see myself as the scummiest from a third person point of view, because of the plays that were mentioned. But Village UncleSam wouldn't want to change his opinion on me so early. The most informative lynch may be that of Haunted Diamond. But the strongest Lynch is still myself, because of my bad plays. As Yeti had said, Toxic Villager or Noob Scum, eitherway my lynch is better than Haunted Diamond's Lynch.

So why would US do this play? To understand this, lets see why Mafia UncleSam would do such a play.
I think he either wants to
  • buss a team mate or
  • he wants to get one of the scums of the opposite team or
  • he wants to get the second most suspicious guy Lynched today
I think Mafia US wouldn't want to bus his only team mate on Day 1. Especially not when there are equally scummy behaving townies.

I think he made it clear that it is not in the Mafia's best interests to take a dig at each other. Although, I agree with TIK that taking down one member of the opp mafia would be a better play. But the converse of that point is important to consider as, the opp mafia team would then jump on US and co for Lynching their guy. Which I don't think Mafia US would want to have early on. As it creates an unnecessary enemy, and makes them reduce the number of village kills in the night.

So, that means that he wants to get the second most suspicious townie lynched today. That way, he can pipe down on the following day saying that may be I was the better Lynch. I still have suspicions of this play, since it discredits US's town cred.

Imo, this may not be the right play for Village US / Mafia US.

----------

DLE, Celever and US have been suspiciously low on my Lynch. Not able to read me shouldn't hold them back from Lynching an obvious early band wagon. Their reasons, about not able to read me wouldn't hold ground as Yeti had correctly pointed me out to be a Toxic townie / Noob Mafia. Eitherway, Village DLE, Celever and US are better of Lynching me than to not Lynch me.

Celever and US's slow backing off of my lynch seems like they didn't want their prints on my Lynch. But since I am suspicious to almost everyone, they want to let the rest of town to Lynch me instead. (L-1 would just be a convenient reason to justify their move, but it wasn't as if anyone was voting anytime soon. And even if someone had voted, then it would be a death sentence for them on the following day.)

That is the only possible reason I feel that Mafia DLE, Celever and US would have, to not go after my lynch.

Point to be noted is that: They may say that it was to take the discussion away from me, to make sure more reads are made on Day 1. But considering someoneelse to be a stronger Lynch is something that I don't agree.

-------------

Everyone please notice how UncleSam dismisses my argument by completely misrepresenting it and calling it stupid. I explained exactly why your behavior was scummy to me but instead you try to avoid the issue. The frustrating part about this is that I can't even be certain that the behavior you're showcasing is you as mafia because it could just be how you act in NOC! So I'm going to drop this for now especially since we have much better targets in Haunted Diamond and acidphoenix.

I am only comfortable with lynching one of these two at this point. They both pop in often enough to not be considered inactive but not one of their posts is helpful. If I had to pick between them I would rather lynch Haunted Diamond. He seems to be throwing in excuses about his inactivity here and there which is something he relied on for survival as mafia in the last game.

I'd like for Yeti to tell us which of Gale, Haunted Diamond, and acidphoenix she would most like to lynch and why.
Spiffy's play here is suspicious for the same reason. Unnecessarily avoiding me in his reads. Asking Yeti to choose between me, Haunted Diamond and acidphoenix. However, he is not including me in his own list of Lynch Targets.

Seems like the same strategy of letting the town to do their dirty work.

--------------

aight fam im back let's review

So at the moment I like the lynch on Gale best. The guy just had so many early moments of meta posts where he tries to look helpful-town but it reeks of scum ploy and he was super defensive then fell into the 'go ahead and lynch me, make that mistake, MAKE MY DAY' nonsense.
Just would like to clear a point that, I am not threatening the town that they shouldn't make the mistake of Lynching me. Infact, I just accepted the Lynch at that point. Because I didn't see anyway I could save myself, as I had derped enough on the lines of being tagged as scum.

Quoting my own post for reference.
Okay w/e, I don't mind if you guys want to Lynch me. Someone is supposed to be Mislynched on D1 as per the game's tradition ^_^. Let me know if you guys want to discuss something that I mentioned, otherwise that is all for me for D1.

I will change my vote to DLE, US or Celever if you guys are voting for one of them later on.
---------------

Just like in the Fallout NOC, I'm pretty much just going to do the best I can to straight shoot everyone and say how I see things. I learned a lot in that game, and hope to learn a lot in this game. However, right now I am being asked to contribute and give my opinions and those are my thoughts on this game straight up. I just don't know what to think of things. If you have any specific questions for me I will be more than happy to answer anything with my take right now. If not, I will look to chip in my thoughts and ask questions when I have something.
I think ButteredToast is hiding something here. Like a politician, he is making promises instead of actually delivering them.

He knows what to think of things as Town. As he had done in the Fallout NOC. The only way this statement can be true, is if he is actually scum in this game. And doesn't want to give strong opinions about anyone.

Clearly, there is enough material in the thread to pick a case on someone. But he is not finding any of them? I find it hard to believe.

---------------

There are quite a few people who fall into my suspicion list. But the most scummy are US, Celever, DLE, and ButteredToast. DLE's buddying of TIK, defending him by going out of the way in this post. Just doesn't ring a town bell.
Gale you need to stop equating someone explaining the reasons behind their actions and being a member of the town. There are plenty of town members, and there will be a few in this game, who will not and can not explain their thoughts nearly as well as others. And you need to be able to sort through that and see something more important: do you believe that the way that they are playing -- regardless of the good bad or unclear reasons why they might do what they do -- indicates that they are a person who only knows their role pm and knows that they are town, or does it indicate that they know someone and they are worried about them or their partner being seen as mafia.
Its like DLE is on a scum team, and thinks I am part of a different scum team. And is asking me to not target TIK. Which is totally werid.

Check out his posts in page 6 and page 7 for more of these.

I am not sure if DLE has good relations with TIK outside the game, and is just siding him regardless of alignment. Or is actually defending his scum buddy, Or is trying to be on the good books of TIK.

----------------

Overall, I think we should discuss about everyone. And I hope we find a better scum target than me. My initial mistakes were just too blatant for me to be of any use to the town.

Tbh, I played recklessly because of the lack of roles. I had decided in my mind, that when I am vanilla town, I would go all out aggressively, as that would be the best thing for town.

I might have to reconsider that thought, after this game.

Not going to lie, but some of those bitchy attitudes from Yeti towards me and a few others kind of got me a bit mad for awhile. I think we can kind of turn down that kind of bullshit right now. There are ways of going about things without being a total douche canoe to people.

To Gale calling me out for knowing more and having more info as evidence from the Fallout NOC. I really only got involved in that game early to try and figure out some rules. Only really got super involved because of the HD weirdness. Besides the HD lynch, I really did very little that entire game. I do not have that luxury of that kind of situation and information right now and I might not for the rest of the game. If my play and mindset is really bothersome to people, then I don't know what to say. I just am trying my best to be forthright and honest about what I see right now. I'm not promising anything more than I'll chip in where I can, but I'm not going to make things up just to appease the masses. If I do that, it's going to look forced, be filled with holes, and not reflect my thought patterns on the game.

If people want to vote for me based on this, just vote for me. I'm running out of ways to kind of defend myself without saying the same things I have.

If my play and mindset is really bothersome to people, then I don't know what to say. I just am trying my best to be forthright and honest about what I see right now. I'm not promising anything more than I'll chip in where I can, but I'm not going to make things up just to appease the masses. If I do that, it's going to look forced, be filled with holes, and not reflect my thought patterns on the game.

If people want to vote for me based on this, just vote for me. I'm running out of ways to kind of defend myself without saying the same things I have.
Its okay ButteredToast, but you should try to form some reads of people's reactions. And try to form opinions about why people are trying to side each other. Not trying to do so, only gets you into trouble eventually. (This is assuming you are town in this :p)

I agree, I think out of all the people today, Haunted Diamond is most likely to be scummy. His lurkiness really makes him look bad in my eyes, and the way he bandwagoned UncleSams vote really seemed off to me. I mean yeah, I started the thing on UncleSam and i think hes scummy but I never actually thought it would get that close so soon, and it certainly wasnt something i wanted to do that fast. I mean, I still feel UncleSam is scummy but he makes good points in regards to Haunted Diamond and i might as well let a might-be mafia do the heavy lifting for the village if hes gonna go out of his way to do it!

Plus I think itd be fun to get this show on the road, so with that said

Unvote

Lynch Haunted Diamond
C'mon TIK, not you ;__;

I've been busy with work and gym and stuff and I haven't yet had the chance to read the massive tl;dr's people like sam and gale post, but I'm gonna post my reads now:

Celever: Starts the day with saying a bunch of useless stuff and trying to be friendly which he did all over in the last noc game. When I pressured him to see how he responds, he got super defensive and launched a counter attacked on me. All this can be explained because I admit my own playstyle is the same as the last game (i try to have the same playstyle as both mafia and village, pressuring the people that immediately stand out to me). But what really makes me sure to want to lynch for him is: 1- His passive-supportive attitude towards Sam, my second suspect which makes me think they're a team 2- His defensive attitude throughout the thread 3- Most importantly, he just seems to be arguing for the sake of looking cool and not actually trying to be contributive. 4-When I attacked him, instead of trying to reason with me he tried to exploit my inactivity and noobishness to just drive the attentions on me.
My scum detector is just so alarming me about Celever. IDK

Unclesam: Apparently he's said a bunch of stuff that has made people get off his back (most importantly TIK and DLE), but he seems to have a mysterious connection to Celever that's just alarming.

TIK: I can feel the townie mindset in him. Saying what he wants without being so defensive or worried if people would find it scummy.

DLE: Same feeling. Unlike Sam or Celever he doesn't seem determined on tearing a few people apart and is instead trying to see what's going on and find a real scum.

Gale: Can't read all those ;_;

Spiffy: I don't have a read yet but I'm gonna read his posts when I have the time tonight.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Nome of what you said is true about me HD. I pushed a case on you because I think you're scum, not as a counter attack. The rest is just wrong???

I've talked about several players, and I had a 1 v 1 with Gale but most Americans were asleep at the time so it was just maintaining activity with lack of anything else to tall about. Still not sure what your case is on me. :s

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree Celever's buddying me is suspicious, I have pointed it out before Haunted Diamond. Do you have anything new to add outside of the fact that everyone knows you dislike Celever? What do you think of Yeti? Cancerous? Acidphoenix?

Do you feel any differently from pretty much everyone else? You seem to be mostly just regurgitating things already said by other people.

Fine fine, I'll give my thoughts about other.

UncleSam : US started off the the day trying to become the leader. This aggressive way is what I see him doing in literally every games, whether he is town or mafia or puff the magic dragon or the host. This is why I did not agree on his wagon. But by no mean did I think he was town at that time. Since then he has given some reasons for that one post, it was very altruistic. His activity has kept the god of contribution happy. If I was to decide, I will keep him around until he either die or do something bad to village, which he isn't doing right now.

Spiffy : subbed in the game and didn't ask for summary but then was disappointed of the lack of summary. Scum Behavior.
Has 3 posts so far, I can go post by post on this one.
Post #1: Attack on US, various points to various people, totally stole my point about HD, but I forgive you.
Somehow cannot figure what yeti was thinking despite her posts being anything but subtle. Ham fisted attempt to prolong post and get that precious yeti tag.
Notes: In between US claimed that he is 100% natural town, no artificial seasoning, and counter attack spiffy.
Post # 2: Point out US's main problem, basically because US is trying to take credit to something that was not that helpful to village. Citing last NOC.
Call me null because he's jealous of my cool guy status. Spiffy pls. Pointing out Celever's contradiction.
Post #3: Decide to drop the fight with US, because US is hard to read, also dle and yeti is hard to read. Great, now I can't just say that yeti and dle is hard to read in my report cause people will say I'm just echoing. Nice move Spiffy. Express disbelief in BT's excuse.
I'm going to go ahead an say that spiffy is hard to read before anyone does.

Yeti : Been trying to get discussion rolling. Successfully defended against US. Only complaint I can muster is the amount of WIFOM from all them posts. Town read.
Da Letter El : Teaching gale stuffs and stuff. No attack on anyone but US iirc. No read thank you very much.
Haunted Diamond : Someone I want to lynch until now. His recent post tried to explain his reasoning and some reads on other people. Not great, but it's a start. Please keep answering US's question.
Celever I have a history of mistaking Celever as town when he is actually scum in my noc games. And I am now thinking he is town again.
ButteredToast feel extremely depressing. I don't really know what to say about this.
PokeguyNXB clueless, as usual.
acidphoenix promised to post, maybe someone should pressure vote him.
Gale Wing Srock has calmed down and become less hyper and try to procure less toxic post, noobtown vibe intensified.
Hannahh is actually a ninja.

Also note that i find yeti's theory of how the roles was RNG'ed highly plausible. Idling noobs are more suspicious than say, gale, who is giving me townnoob vibe.

List of comfortable lynches: Maybe Hannahh and acidphoenix.
Vote is still on HD for extra incentive.
Somebody put a few votes on phoenix and BT.

I agree Celever's buddying me is suspicious, I have pointed it out before Haunted Diamond. Do you have anything new to add outside of the fact that everyone knows you dislike Celever? What do you think of Yeti? Cancerous? Acidphoenix?

Do you feel any differently from pretty much everyone else? You seem to be mostly just regurgitating things already said by other people.
What i said was 100 % original but i'll try and read some important posts by tonight and give further and more relevant reads.

Reads:

Acidphoenix
ButteredToast
Cancerous
Celever
DaLetterEl
Gale Wings Srock
Hannahh
Haunted Diamond
PokeguyNXB
The Idiotic One
THE_IRON_...KENYAN?
UncleSam
Yeti

acidphoenix Hi! Null Read

ButteredToast has been defeatist about the game, saying that he doesn't consider scumhunting valid and that this entire day will be spent overanalyzing and voting random people. He hasn't done anything that leans one way or another besides defeatism but that post just sounded like "I don't think that scumhunting works and/or I could do it" but he hasn't done anything besides three posts reinforcing that point. Weak Scumread (Note: Disengaged)

Cancerous has made four posts. The first one was him randomlynching to start day one on Celever, the second was him catching Celever on messing up PokeguyNXB, and the third was him starting the Haunted Diamond lynch(unless you count Celever's lynch-you-because-you-think-I'm-scum-lynch), as well as saying Gale/me were noobtown and DLE/ButteredToast should post. The fourth was him saying he was sticking with the Haunted lynch unless anyone pointed out anything better. As far as I can tell, all of this has been attempts to get reads / lynch the scummiest, so Moderate Townread

Celever started the day with a bunch of useless crap (read: asking the host questions), a randlynch on Pokeguy, and defending himself v. Haunted Diamond (later realizing he messed up his name with Pokeguy's), and then went into full on buddy-buddy mode with Uncle Sam, defending him, explaining the wagon's logic behind his lynch, and accounting for his actions, then going head-on attacking on Gale when he happened to be the only one left on US. He only stopped the buddying when US pointed it out and began alternating between a mindless spat with Gale and defending his actions. He looks like he's trying to look town, but when he gets caught acting scummy he continues in the act, just linking himself to Gale instead of US (so we take down Gale when he dies, maybe?), and keeping with the HD lynch, which. Strong Scumread

Da Letter El has made barely any contribution- the discussion-starter fake inspect, a few posts involving him taking Celever's side over Haunted Diamond's, a post with a few random questions, and him helping Gale understand how scumhunt actually works a bit better. Judging from what you guys have been saying, he generally isn't the kind of person who would have this little a contribution, so Weak to Moderate Scumread.

Gale Wing Srock has been insanely aggressive, with a bunch of posts attacking people that feel really fake, but frankly I think that the fakeness is more of an "My native language isn't English" fakeness, rather than a scumtell. The only scumtell I can find is the one where he basically said "I thought people would think I was town," but it isn't that strong as far as I can tell. Weak Townread (NOTE: Toxic)

Hannahh needs to stop playing mafia on Showdown for a while while she reads this thread. NULL READ (NOTE: Disengaged)

Haunted Diamond has had the weird spat with Celever, and has been pointing out (but like everyone else, ignoring) DLE is a bit scummy, he's pointed out that TIK is a strong town read, and frankly I don't see why everyone's saying this means that he's buddying with TIK. Everyone who isn't Gale who said anything about TIK said at least as much in his favor. The only scummy thing I see is him being quick to say "Celever's acting like last game" but he also had justification behind it in starting the game with a bunch of useless things. Weak Townread

PokeguyNXB started with a few small, contributionless posts, and then said that he wasn't going to be any good at scumhunting because epicmafia is different.
(Note to Pokeguy: it's because in that setup, it's effective for the cop to say "I'm cop," the doctor protect the cop each night, and then use inspections to figure out the mafia, requiring no scumhunting technique at all.) He's either scum doing it to disguise the fact he's bad at hiding, or town just disengaged. 50/50 Read

Spiffy subbed for The Idiotic One and took right to the role of village leader. (also Cancerous did summarize the game for you! It went like this:
Day one started.
) All of his post's main foci have been attacking UncleSam, with various side notes including telling Gale to unvote himself, him not buying ButteredToast's words, and taking Gale's side. On his attack of UncleSam he brings up the points already made as well as some new ones, but both of them ignore the other's points in the spat. Weak to Moderate Scumread

THE_IRON_...KENYAN? started the day by forgetting that mafia didn't have preplanning in a way that doesn't look like WIFOM. Hence, Very Strong Townread

UncleSam started with a post that got him bandwagoned, and since then, I don't recall him attacking /anyone/ who didn't BW him or argue against him. Moderate to Strong Scumread

Yeti has been, frankly, acting like UncleSam and Spiffy, but without the scumtells I see from the other two. He's been village leading but he hasn't singlemindedly attacked anyone or made any gigantic "what the hell did he just do" posts. Weak to Moderate Townread

tl;dr
Unlynch Gale Wing Srock
Lynch Celever

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
lol Acidphoenix what do you think all my posts against Yeti/Spiffy/Celever have been if not attacking people who didn't bandwagon me? Like you really find me scummy as a result of 'not attacking /anyone/'??? I've been arguably the most confrontational person so far in this game and have gone after pretty much everyone for one thing or another, if for no other reason than to pressure them into revealing more about their thought processes (even people who I think are village, like TIK).

Thank you for actually contributing though! I disagree with your reasonings regarding TIK (ie there's a lot better reasons to think TIK is town), and you're missing a shitton of classic scumtells from Gale in your analysis, but it's very interesting that you read Haunted Diamond and Gale both as towny. You're basically implying that everyone on my bandwagon was village...do you really think that is likely? You really think that such a baseless wagon 12 hours into an NOC mafia wasn't even partly scum-led?

I agree that Celever has looked consistently worse throughout the day. I also agree that if DLE continues to ignore this thread I might pressure vote him because I really expect a lot more from him.

Celever

i am town
Actual reads acidphoenix! Now if only the other non-contribs would follow suit.
and the third was him starting the Haunted Diamond lynch(unless you count Celever's lynch-you-because-you-think-I'm-scum-lynch)
The lynch wasn't OMGUS in the slightest. I would have said the same thing if HD had said what he did about another player and that is very clear. My problem is what he said, not who he said it to.
Celever started the day with a bunch of useless crap (read: asking the host questions),
Not really. I asked the host like one, maybe two questions to clarify a couple rules (since really that OP is barren) but I was contributing at the time.
a randlynch on Pokeguy,
RVS is a thing on forum mafia. RVS stands for Random Voting Stage and it is when you randlynch players to try and get them to slip up, or to see how much they panic under pressure.
and defending himself v. Haunted Diamond,
That's generally what you do when attacked in this game.
and then went into full on buddy-buddy mode with Uncle Sam, defending him, explaining the wagon's logic behind his lynch, and accounting for his actions,
Let's actually put this in perspective. I defended UncleSam, yes. Is this buddying? Maybe a little bit, but really townies should be showing their opinions all the time. I was of the clear opinion that US was town and I still am of that opinion. US was also being lynched over the stupidest "case". Why would I not show my opinions on the matter?
then going head-on attacking on Gale when he happened to be the only one left on US.
Emphasis on "happened to be". You're making a connection which just doesn't exist. I didn't notice that he was the only one left on US, I clearly had other motives for attacking him lol.
He only stopped the buddying when US pointed it out
You mean when there was nothing to buddy US over? All the accusations against him were pretty much dead at that point.
and began alternating between a mindless spat with Gale and defending his actions.
The "spat with Gale" was constructive. He was being extremely toxic, and now he's a little bit less with his posts.
And yes I'm hitting back at accusations against me. That's what you do >____>
He looks like he's trying to look town, but when he gets caught acting scummy he continues in the act, just linking himself to Gale instead of US (so we take down Gale when he dies, maybe?), and keeping with the HD lynch, which.
Not even sure what you mean here. I mean yeah I'm trying to look town -- everyone does, that's the one thing in this game which everyone has to do. If you don't look town you get lynched which, if you are a townie, is bad for your faction. I don't know what you mean there after that so could you try explaining a little clearer please?

I agree that Celever has looked consistently worse throughout the day.
How so?

idk how you can have 5 scumreads when there are only 4 mafs
No point limiting yourself to only 4 mafia reads at this point in the game. It's a bit premature.

HD's series of reads, episode 2:

Spiffy: So I read spiffy's posts (and sam's answers to him) as promised. He starts his first post by a legit attack on Sam on why he acted that way in the beginning of the game, calling it scummy. Sam responds by saying something like 'no it was not scummy at all, prove it to me.' but then spiffy says 'everyone please notice how sam is being illogical! but anyway i'm gonna drop this cuz we have inactive players to lynch.'

His next posts include a read on how celever has been playing differently from the last games where he'd been illogical (but Celever is being as illogical this game, look at post 206 for example where he dismisses my arguments against him as simply wrong).
Then he goes on about how celever hasn't been picking weak targets and pressuring them like he did in the last game he was mafia...but the funny thing is that celever has just been doing that the whole day! First counter attacking me and trying to push a lynch on me when i pressured him, then going for Gale.

The fact that Spiffy is supporting Celever and attacking US kinda clears US in my eyes because my main reason to suspect US was how Celever has been buddying him.

For now, let's unvote and vote celever for the various reasons I've mentioned.

lol Acidphoenix what do you think all my posts against Yeti/Spiffy/Celever have been if not attacking people who didn't bandwagon me? Like you really find me scummy as a result of 'not attacking /anyone/'??? I've been arguably the most confrontational person so far in this game and have gone after pretty much everyone for one thing or another, if for no other reason than to pressure them into revealing more about their thought processes (even people who I think are village, like TIK).
*Ahem*
Thank you for actually contributing though! I disagree with your reasonings regarding TIK (ie there's a lot better reasons to think TIK is town), and you're missing a shitton of classic scumtells from Gale in your analysis, but it's very interesting that you read Haunted Diamond and Gale both as towny. You're basically implying that everyone on my bandwagon was village...do you really think that is likely? You really think that such a baseless wagon 12 hours into an NOC mafia wasn't even partly scum-led?
US, there were five votes on you. (THE_IRON_...KENYAN?, Da Letter El, Haunted Diamond, acidphoenix, Gale Wing Srock).

I think atleast one of them is scum, and at max only two of them could be scum. Because its possible that only the other mafia voted for you.

And if we consider you to be town, even then do you think all the Mafia would gang up on you?

-----

If you ask me, I think you mostly just pointed out Celever's buddying towards you rather than attacking him for any major scum read.

However, I agree with you that you argued with Yeti and Spiffy.

I would like to see your reads, if you care to share it with us. Because the reason Acidphoenix said about TIK being town is quite revealing for me. Tbh, I never thought on those lines -_-'

------

idk how you can have 5 scumreads when there are only 4 mafs
TIK, if you are town, you don't know who are all town and who are all scums. So you will have a lot of scum reads initially. Until the town folks contribute and try to find each other through the mess that the Scums will try to create.

Ok THE_IRON_...KENYAN?'s excuse for retracting his vote on Haunted Diamond because UncleSam was voting for him is bad and inconsistent with this previous post of his:
TIK said:
I dont know if this is obvious to everyone, but the best move for the opposing mafia teams is to take each other out asap. No inspector, no risk of getting killed yourself, and it would allow you to look really pro-town without having to fake much of anything because you are actually being genuine in your scum hunting, which would give you good cred for later and make it harder for people to lynch you. The Doctor at this point is peanuts to the mafias, they are 100% going for each other today.
If he truly believes this then why does it matter to him if mafia UncleSam is voting for someone? He appears to have forgotten the existence of the other mafia, which makes me think he might be a part of it.

I am getting huge townie vibes from Yeti because all of her posts seem to be stream of conscious and unpolished. I think it's difficult for mafia to fabricate that style of writing by throwing in fake opinions and stuff.

UncleSam has the atrocious habit of declaring everyone that says anything negative about him mafia, which is really annoying and unrealistic. If he is village he should be well aware that just because someone is wrong about him doesn't mean they are automatically bad.

I am starting to think PokeguyNXB is mafia the longer he plays this game of being clueless. Pokeguy was town in the last NOC game, and while he was no superstar at scumhunting, he seemed to be actually TRYING. He would often be convinced by a lot of arguments and vote that way, but here I think he has yet to cast a serious one. He would also often request that people ask him questions to keep him involved in the game. But in this game, he is a lot lazier and isn't willing to change that. He has also reverted to using a lot of excuses for his non-contribution but still hasn't posted anything of value.

Gale Wing Srock said:
Spiffy's play here is suspicious for the same reason. Unnecessarily avoiding me in his reads. Asking Yeti to choose between me, Haunted Diamond and acidphoenix. However, he is not including me in his own list of Lynch Targets.
I haven't avoided reading you. I said in my last post that your most recent posts make me think you are noob town. I asked Yeti about you three because you guys seem to be the players she had been considering ultimately for the lynch.

I'm starting to get paranoid and am second guessing whether we should really limit our lynch options to UncleSam's bandwagoners mostly because of how the experienced players (a group that includes UncleSam, TIK, Da Letter El, and Yeti) handled that part of the day. The only one to really consider if the bandwagoners were just noob town was Yeti. UncleSam's "death to all that defy me" attitude, TIK's quick jump off of UncleSam onto Gale when he previously stated that UncleSam was a slam dunk, and Da Letter El just going with the flow really bother me. And all of this contributed to the focus being directed at new players for the entire day.

Then Da Letter El comes along with his "every experienced player is town" post which makes me even more convinced of the possibility that one or more of these experienced players are scum. And his trying to be helpful by asking questions and coaching Gale is turning me off and seems really fake sorry bae.

Vote Da Letter El (also post more)

The Diabolic Gift I really think it's time to sub out Hannahh. The game has been going on for like four days and she has not said one thing relevant to this game outside of RVS.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Spiffy, the point is if I think UncleSam is mafia, and he doesnt agree with my reasoning on the mafia lynching the other mafia day 1 and trying to get rid of them as soon as possible, then I cant go with a lynch by someone who i think is scum who doesnt believe this because that means in my mind hes trying to go for a villager. I said that part in a post and its odd that you missed that.

While I think UncleSam is a good lynch and a slam dunk, I think Gale is an EVEN BETTER lynch because he seems more scummy than UncleSam. I just go and start a lynch on whoever i think is the most scummiest at the moment.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Well since i started practicing on epicmafia, i've become weary of following other people... i've been mislynched as town more times then i'd care to let on just because i voted something someone else did first... so i want to find something myself now. The problem is i can't scumhunt for the life of me... if you want me to place a vote, i guess i'll reread the thread a bit more and vote which of the main targets thus far seems most scummy to me, but don't expect me to say stuff that hasn't already been said, as i can't find anything else.

Also acidphoenix , you misunderstood. I meant the policy they have there where you always NL immediately if Cop dies before D1... i was lynched for not understanding that the first time this happened in a game i was in, so i don't really know what the difference is here, where we don't have a cop to begin with... again probs because a successful doc save is less likely to be clean.

Celever

i am town
Good! Now the only non-contribs right now are BT and Pokeguy.

Thoughts please Walrein, though it goes without saying really. How up to date have you kept yourself?

Also does anyone want me to reply to the recent accusations made? Nothing new is being brought up about me so I'll be repeating the same defenses again as no one has actually shown that the defenses are at all incorrect.

Good! Now the only non-contribs right now are BT and Pokeguy.

Thoughts please Walrein, though it goes without saying really. How up to date have you kept yourself?

Also does anyone want me to reply to the recent accusations made? Nothing new is being brought up about me so I'll be repeating the same defenses again as no one has actually shown that the defenses are at all incorrect.
Celever, what about your reads on players till now? If you could share them and mention your stand on the HD Lynch, and why you think I am not a better Lynch, then it will be helpful for us to figure out the Lynch Targets better..

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What the hell is this mass pm shit ._.

Regarding how up-to-date I've kept myself: I've tried to read through the thread as much as I've been able to since I was pretty sure I'd be subbed in at some point. I'm not at my computer right now, which makes typing up a massive wall of text quite difficult, but I guess I can throw some thoughts down for now and then elaborate when I make it to my computer.

Right now my biggest scumread is PokeguyNXB. As someone else pointed out above (I wanna say it was Spiffy?), he's being uncharacteristically lazy and not even trying at all. "Lol I suck" is a terrible excuse, one that I myself have used numerous times in the past as scum when I didn't feel like making shit up. In his most recent post, he says "don't expect me to say things that haven't already been said." Well that's the thing, dude. We aren't. We're expecting you to parrot people's opinions like you always do when you're town. The fact that you're flat-out refusing to contribute anything of note isn't just a red flag, it's a fucking tornado siren.

Unlynch whatever Hannahh's RVS vote was
Lynch PokeguyNXB

Reading strong town on Yeti, slight town on TIK and Sam, slight scum on Spiffy and Gale. Null on everyone else. A lot of that's just gut, I'll look through the thread a bit more and elaborate when I can make it to a computer (prolly in an hourish)

In other news, this is the first NOC I've played in a long goddamned time. Let's hope I've magically become less garbage over that timespan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)