Resource Ask a simple question, get a simple answer: NU Edition

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Poliwrath, AV Lanturn, Lapras, maybe even Jynx if you're just talking Gorebyss. Scarf Rotom can revenge it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poliwrath, AV Lanturn, Lapras, maybe even Jynx if you're just talking Gorebyss. Scarf Rotom can revenge it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! By the way, what does "AV" stand for? I've seen that term used a lot in the chatbox, too (my showdown account is too new to ask in there what it means, though).

I have a question should I run filter Mr mime or Technician with hp fire?
I would suggest you run filter and then run focus blast > hp fire. Even with filter taken into consideration focus blast hits steels harder which is the main thing mime is trying to hit with hp fire. It also give you good coverage for rocks types while giving you that extra survivability with filter.

I would suggest you run filter and then run focus blast > hp fire. Even with filter taken into consideration focus blast hits steels harder which is the main thing mime is trying to hit with hp fire. It also give you good coverage for rocks types while giving you that extra survivability with filter.
I see thank you for clearing that up for me

The PS chat rooms are currently not working for me (I can't even sign in), and thus I have to ask this:
What are the most common users of Taunt and/or Encore right now? (Aside from Prankster mons (Though that's really only Liepard and niche stuff like Volbeat and Murkrow))

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The PS chat rooms are currently not working for me (I can't even sign in), and thus I have to ask this:
What are the most common users of Taunt and/or Encore right now? (Aside from Prankster mons (Though that's really only Liepard and niche stuff like Volbeat and Murkrow))
Encore: Liepard, Primeape
Taunt: Archeops, Haunter, Pyroar, Misdreavus, Mismagius
Might have missed some but those are the main ones

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
Weezing's also a good taunt user with Taunt + Will-o-Wisp, and Samurott is a pretty good one as well on its all out offensive set.

I really like defensive encore mega dino, but i haven't seen anyone else run it.

How has the results of the suspect test affected the viability of other nu mons?
With Sneasel and Gallade gone CM Psychics became really threatening again because there are less Knock Offs being thrown around. Ghost and Psychic Pokemon in general are safer to run because of this, and the frequency of Colbur berries has dropped quite a bit. Of course, its an ORAS metagame, so Knock Off is still common, just not ever-present like it was during the suspect.

Klinklang became even scarier by extension because it sets up on CM Psychics easily. I've also noticed a spike in Sawk's usage now that it isn't competing with Gallade for a teamslot. Those are probably the most notable changes I've seen.

I'm hoping for some exciting drops next month, because it feels like we've regressed into a metagame state from earlier in the gen.

I'm wanting to build a team around Combusken at the moment, so I'd like to ask what are some good teammates for it to take on its checks/ counters, and also which mons are good to receive speed boosts from it?

I'm wanting to build a team around Combusken at the moment, so I'd like to ask what are some good teammates for it to take on its checks/ counters, and also which mons are good to receive speed boosts from it?
Malamar and cm xatu are great partners with it as psychic types like uxie are the main mons that force chicken out which cm stored power xatu sets up on and a + speed malamar is terrifying to deal with. Also i suggest running kee berry on the xatu :)

Last edited:

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Malamar and cm xatu are great partners with it as psychic types like uxie are the main mons that force chicken out which cm stored power xatu sets up on and a + speed malamar is terrifying to deal with. Also i suggest running kee berry on the xatu :)
Stop spreading cancer sets please

What are some good combusken sets?
The two i've been seeing are special with life orb focus blast, fire blast, protect and baton pass with 252 spe 252 spa modest. The other one is offensive sd with eviolite swords dance, sky uppercut, fire punch/flare blitz and protect with 252 spe 252 atk adamant. Alternatively you can run a set solely based upon passing speed with eviolite protect, substitute, baton pass, fire punch. This would run 252hp 56spe so it can outpace modest mesprit after 1 boost and then the rest split into it's bulk.

Is this correct?

Mons dropping to NU:
Gastrodon
Shiftry
Hitmonchan
Skuntank

Mons rising to RU:
Uxie
Fletchinder
Togetic

So I keep hearing about Vanilluxe here and there and that it's viable. Did I miss something because I'm still in the mind-set of thinking Vanilluxe is crap, did something happen to make it good? If so what's a good set?

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I keep hearing about Vanilluxe here and there and that it's viable. Did I miss something because I'm still in the mind-set of thinking Vanilluxe is crap, did something happen to make it good? If so what's a good set?
Vanilluxe was mostly just an undiscovered gem throughout XY and ORAS. Nothing in particular has changed that has made it any better than it theoretically was all this time, haha

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Autotomize

It's averagely fast, very strong, and has great coverage because of Freeze-Dry. Weak Armor pairs nicely with its actually fairly impressive bulk, giving it a speed boost on a weak u-turn or priority move. Autotomize is, imo, is biggest niche over other Freeze-Dry Ice-types, such as Cryogonal and Aurorus. It's surprisingly hard to revenge kill at +2 if you don't have a Steel-type/Gurdurr. Other options for moveslots include Ice Shard/Explosion (because of its fair attack stat), Flash Cannon for other, bulky Ice-types, and Hidden Power Ground for Fire- and Steel-type coverage.

It has some haters, though, who I'm sure will speak up to disagree with my opinion on the mon haha

Vanilluxe is a decent wall breaker as it has stab freeze dry coming off a high special attack stat with coverage moves such as flash cannon, signal beam for malmarand obviously all the hidden powers. It also has autotomize which can sweep late game, ice shard for stab priority and explosion cause nuking stuff is fun. Weak armor can also be somewhat helpful when switching in on physical hits. I think the standard set is
Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Ice shard/Signal Beam/Flash Cannon/Explosion/Autotomize
- Hidden Power [Ground]/Ice shard/Signal Beam/Flash Cannon/Explosion/Autotomize

Edit: Ninjad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)