Project Community Teambuilding Initiative [VOTING FOR THE 6TH POKEMON] POST #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make a post on a Pokemon later today after I think it over and test out a couple different builds. But for the next addition we need something for Fairies, as of right now we basically just get dumpstered by almost every single fairy in the game, Latios can basically drop a Draco and get a kill when it comes in, Mega Gyarados can sets up on Hippo, Starmie, Serperior(without Megaing tanks Leaf Storm and DD's) and can easily sweep us.

As for the over team thus far, I think we should have gone with a bulkier Starmie for this team. LO Analytic Starmie is great for damage but look at the rest of the team. Zard X and Serperior already have a high damage output between the two, so having an offensive Starmie isn't optimal when you consider that Zard X needs his spinner/defog user to be able to last as long as possible so he can be healthier late game to sweep, especially against slower balance team that stack hazards. This would have also given Gyarados one less target to setup on with the threat of Scald burn. I don't really like Hippowdon for this team the way it presents itself. The team is too offensive and fast for something like Hippo that likes to slow the game down and fits better on a balance team rather than offense. If we want to aim more for Balance, make Starmie bulkier and keep Hippo, however if we're going for offense swap Hippo for a more offense SR user.

That's my take on the current team right now. I'll try and finish the team later today and see what I come up with. I'll also post with a nomination later as well.

I'll make a post on a Pokemon later today after I think it over and test out a couple different builds. But for the next addition we need something for Fairies, as of right now we basically just get dumpstered by almost every single fairy in the game, Latios can basically drop a Draco and get a kill when it comes in, Mega Gyarados can sets up on Hippo, Starmie, Serperior(without Megaing tanks Leaf Storm and DD's) and can easily sweep us.

As for the over team thus far, I think we should have gone with a bulkier Starmie for this team. LO Analytic Starmie is great for damage but look at the rest of the team. Zard X and Serperior already have a high damage output between the two, so having an offensive Starmie isn't optimal when you consider that Zard X needs his spinner/defog user to be able to last as long as possible so he can be healthier late game to sweep, especially against slower balance team that stack hazards. This would have also given Gyarados one less target to setup on with the threat of Scald burn. I don't really like Hippowdon for this team the way it presents itself. The team is too offensive and fast for something like Hippo that likes to slow the game down and fits better on a balance team rather than offense. If we want to aim more for Balance, make Starmie bulkier and keep Hippo, however if we're going for offense swap Hippo for a more offense SR user.

That's my take on the current team right now. I'll try and finish the team later today and see what I come up with. I'll also post with a nomination later as well.
Don't worry, at the end of the project we can make official modifications before the team is presented in its final form. We can't change pokemon though - but something such as making Starmie bulkier is doable.

All right. I think the best there are only two options to go for the next mon. Skarmory, probably the better option of the two that I had in mind. SpDef Skarmory gives us a check to Azu, Diancie, Gyara, Lati@s, Mega Garde while still have the bulk to handle a number of physical threats(Azu). The team could also use a solid Ground immunity. Even though Hippo can easily handle taking an EQ but having a Pokemon that A. doesnt damage take damage from it and 2. can abuse that turn by setting up Spikes. Considering we have a spinner, Spikes is good addition as it also facilitates Serperior and Zard X sweeping later on in the game.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Specs Keldeo and Life Orb Gengar are huge problems to us right now, and if we do eventually plan to make Starmie the defensive set when the team is finished, then both of these monsters become an even bigger issue in terms of revenge killing. Mega Venusaur is also a tad annoying to play around at the moment. We need a relatively consistent switchin to all three of these mons that not only threaten them out but also provide us with much needed momentum. Enter AV Tornadus-Therian.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The Assault Vest allows Tornadus to stomach most special attacks very comfortably, and when paired up with the health-restoring Regenerator ability, it makes Torn a consistent check to Gengar, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur and many other special attackers. Its support options in Knock Off and U-Turn are the crux of what makes Torn-T one of the best AV users in the game, as Knock Off cripples the majority of the special attackers its designed to check by removing their specs or life orb, making Torn-T an even better switch in to them later on in the match. U-Turn provides the momentum for it on a predicted switch or to finish off a weakened opponent to gain more health from Regenerator.

Hurricane is the STAB of choice, hitting many of the mons in OU quite hard, while Focus Blast is to hit the likes of Tyranitar, Bisharp, Ferrothorn and Heatran for super effective damage, while still hitting Skarmory for neutral damage.

Edit: made Torn max speed to outpace slower Torn spreads and mons like Zam.

Last edited:
Specs Keldeo and Life Orb Gengar are huge problems to us right now, and if we do eventually plan to make Starmie the defensive set when the team is finished, then both of these monsters become an even bigger issue in terms of revenge killing. Mega Venusaur is also a tad annoying to play around at the moment. We need a relatively consistent switchin to all three of these mons that not only threaten them out but also provide us with much needed momentum. Enter AV Tornadus-Therian.

EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

The Assault Vest allows Tornadus to stomach most special attacks very comfortably, and when paired up with the health-restoring Regenerator ability, it makes Torn a consistent check to Gengar, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur and many other special attackers. Its support options in Knock Off and U-Turn are the crux of what makes Torn-T one of the best AV users in the game, as Knock Off cripples the majority of the special attackers its designed to check by removing their specs or life orb, making Torn-T an even better switch in to them later on in the match. U-Turn provides the momentum for it on a predicted switch or to finish off a weakened opponent to gain more health from Regenerator.

Hurricane is the STAB of choice, hitting many of the mons in OU quite hard, while Focus Blast is to hit the likes of Tyranitar, Bisharp, Ferrothorn and Heatran for super effective damage, while still hitting Skarmory for neutral damage.
I'd run max speed tbh, just to not lose to opposing torn-t and alakazams as well as the rare pidgeot. Just a personal preference, but I feel like hitting those marks are more important than potential power.

I'd run max speed tbh, just to not lose to opposing torn-t and alakazams as well as the rare pidgeot. Just a personal preference, but I feel like hitting those marks are more important than potential power.
That's true. I only posted the standard spread because I needed to at least post SOMETHING in the nomination. We'll eventually edit the spreads at the end when the team has all 6 members.

160 SpA is kinda necessary as it guarantees the OHKO on Keldeo with Hurricane, which is an important benchmark to hit if you ask me.

Last edited:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Trick
- Body Slam
- Healing Wish

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Voting ends in 3-4 days. For how to vote, consult OP. Votes not following the format are ignored.

Sorry guys, unforeseen circumstances.

Skarmory 17
Klefki 14
Tornadus-T 12
Jirachi 2

Skarmory wins!

Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Suggestion phase begins and will end in 3-4 days.

As a reminder, here is our current team!

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Psyshock
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam

Hippowdon@Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Skarmory@Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Last edited:
I would like to re-suggest my Tornadus Therian, as I still feel we're extremely low on Keldeo and Gengar switchins at the moment. Here's my previous post on said Pokemon:

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Edit: made Torn max speed to outpace slower Torn spreads and mons like Zam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)