The World Cup of Pokémon X - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I gave 8 days for this round and you already had an extension last round. No more extensions.
For the record, if you're rejecting the extension of one day because I used an extension last round, you should know that I've been ready to play both weeks pretty much a few days after the round went up. I think it's a shame that instead of accommodating a single day extension in order to allow for the highest caliber matches possible, it's considered more important to sub people out to meet an arbitrary deadline that was probably decided on a whim with no more thought than "hmm, 8 days sounds like plenty of time to get a match done." I understand not wanting to postpone a tournament due to people dodging challenges and stalling for extra time, but when two players are fully committed to playing a day after the deadline, I don't see the problem. Do the remaining WCoP teams care if this is prolonged by a day? I'm legitimately curious. It's the semifinals, after all, and we often don't even post deadlines for finals matchups.

Oh well, I guess I'll either show up late or leave early for my good friend's birthday drinks tomorrow in order to get a Pokemon match done.

Sorry for the public rant. This isn't directed at you, MDrag, since I'm sure you consulted the other TDs before posting your decision. I just question the priorities around here sometimes. This must be why we see the most absurd activity posts in tournaments instead of users making honest efforts to get their games done.

Edit: First like on this post is from legendary user Krack. Already worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)