Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

But the standard people I see in the top 5 (Toshin, avengah) don't use Mega Aero. In fact, they use stuff like Mega Gengar, Arceus, Lickilicky and even Blissey. Why is this? o.o
Mega Gar for combo, then you do a Arceus special ability (who boosts Normal type) + strong normal types.

I still didn't find enough hearts to test Blaziken, I focus only on Cresselia right now (already caught).

Levels 35, 55, 75 and 95 of Cresselia are like mini-Weekend Meowths. Making Gengar your Mega or using an M-Banette team for those stages might be best. Level 50 (possibly 100) are the only ones that have a 5th wheel Pokemon (Solosis). Apparently the 51-100 grind this time is much easier than with Giratina, and itemless at that. So much so that the person that far in is wondering if 101-200 is a reality.

Edit: To add on for Arceus Double Normal teams, the multiplier on Double Normal (as I've said in an earlier post) is 2.5x which means that once it procs Normal types deal not only the same damage as an SE team for the duration of the combo it proc'd in (indefinitely sustainable in timed stages), but they get an additive 50% bonus meaning they can actually outdamage any SE team that does not have its own 1.5x damage boost ability. And it has to be 1.5x because 1.2x is not enough. Ultimately, any Pokemon neutral to Normal that isn't weak to Dark or Fairy will potentially be optimized with a Double Normal team.

2nd Edit: Finally caught Cresselia at lvl 16. 80 BP, Barrier Bash+ ability.

Last edited:
If the normal spam team is so strong, it will destroy the balance of the game ! Damn Arceus God
Quite the opposite, actually. Double Normal is really only useable by the most skilled (ie. not me) players. You lock yourself into an ability that if you drop a combo (more likely in the last 30 seconds of a competition once the disruptions can't be ignored) you have to take valuable time to proc it again and try to get the combo multiplier back up to where you once were. Double Normal gives a slight edge over SE teams without a strong enough damage boost ability, but it doesn't render traditional SE teams unviable. It really is primarily for those who want to see their names in the Top 5 of competition rankings (I don't. Just give me the speedup, plzkthx).

Lvl 50 Cresselia is rough but doable. Took me 3 tries to get it right, and I was angry at myself because I should have finished it the first time but did not expect the level's curve ball. As I said earlier, Solosis is your fifth wheel (although with very minimal presence early on, but I'll get into that later). At the very start Cresselia will encase either the far left or the far right column in barriers and then continue to do this every 3-5 turns. Solosis is useful for breaking these, but don't overextend. You want to balance inflicting damage with breaking the barriers, because when Cresselia gets to low health, what seems like a breeze spikes in difficulty. Suddenly, the amount of Solosis presence on the board quadruples and the moment Cresselia uses its previous disruption it's going to start casting semi-random barriers every 2 turns. It will actively avoid resetting the board by leaving you with at least one option every time.

The key here is right before that home stretch transition, to try and get a strong chain at the height of one of the earlier disruptions to push Cresselia to near-death (ideally you should have at least 3 turns left before Cresselia's next disruption). If done correctly, you will have a barrier-free board for long enough to finish the job.

Edit: Level 51 onward (excluding the coin levels) seems to be very lenient on the disruption timers and the disruption effects. It's much easier than the past 15 levels to be sure, even with the hp increase.

Last edited:
Level 100 and 200 offer Mega Speedups. Level 101 Cress is actually much easier than level 51 Gira from what I've heard. People are actually attempting to reach level 200 (one person is at least 150 with minimal item use). I will probably be one of them.

Level 100 and 200 offer Mega Speedups. Level 101 Cress is actually much easier than level 51 Gira from what I've heard. People are actually attempting to reach level 200 (one person is at least 150 with minimal item use). I will probably be one of them.
200! Are you serious XD That will take some time getting there. Is it worth it though?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just a couple level ups away from level 50 but I will take the advice given to beat Cress. Might also try to go for the level 100 mega speed up as it seems pretty doable this time around. Also remember that levels 55, 75 and 95 count as mini meowth stages to rack up some extra coins.

200! Are you serious XD That will take some time getting there. Is it worth it though?
Solosis comes in at 160, meaning that trying to reach 200 will be a significant investment in terms of time and coins.

Having said that, if we don't get a competition after M-Blaziken, there won't be much else for me to do at that point...

I'm currently level 46 ... that's long :D I will try level 55 ... Level 100 is maybe doable. Level 200, no. Too much time consuming and the event stops in less than two weeks

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Just beat level 63 (yah I have no life lol) The levels are very easy right now, perhaps the next spike should come around level 70?

I'm approaching 80. There's no spike, but Cresselia eventually starts off doing two different disruptions instead of just one. Everything else remains the same.

Solosis comes in at 160, meaning that trying to reach 200 will be a significant investment in terms of time and coins.

Having said that, if we don't get a competition after M-Blaziken, there won't be much else for me to do at that point...
Solosis kicks in permanently at 160, eh? Well, now I know I'll definitely be able to hit 200. If 1-159 can be done itemless, even if I do Moves+5 AND DD for the last 40 I'll still have about 10k coins left.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
On which Pokemon do you use the mega Speed up ?
I just used the first candy from Cresselia on M-Gengar since I'll be using it pretty much all the time. Have no idea who to pick next.... probably Aerodactyl for those disruption-heavy stages.

I have already 5 candies, and I use the first one on Mega Gar too. Don't know what to do with the others 4 .... Currently level 55 !

On which Pokemon do you use the mega Speed up ?
I don't most will use it on M-Gengar. The reason why is because of two things (that was my reason):
1. It is damn good using it
2. You only need on the max him out.

So yeah, I'll be needing him allot for almost any battle. The next on is still a blur. Maybe M-Aerodactyl?

Wait did you farm an extra candy from level 100 Giratina? O.o
First was a gift
Second was Giratina lvl50
Third was a code ... ? Can't remember
Fourth was Manetric
Fifth was Cresselia lvl50

Edit : I checked I have no idea ! I just know that I still currently have 4 candies and I have already used one on Gengar ... So what was the 5th ... ?

Last edited:
Currently there have only been 9 available speedups in-game, with 8 only possible by the reasonably sane.

-Default Gift
-Giratina 50
-Giratina 100
-Giratina 200 (not happening)
-Top 30% of qualifiers in M-Manectric competition
-Cresselia 50
-Cresselia 100
-Cresselia 200 (worth trying)
-Top 24% of qualifiers in M-Blaziken competition

Post-100 Cress spikes in difficulty compared to what you have been used to so far, but post-100 Cress is still considerably easier than post-50 Gira.

The disruptions become randomized like post-50 Gira (except they form in very specific patterns, either of barriers or of blocks), BUT so long as you make matches that force blocks down to the bottom before they can be trapped in barriers, the board should not become too cluttered. Remember that blocks disappear on their own after 5 turns, so don't panic. I only lost once on level 101 and that was just barely because my Power of 4+ didn't proc. Every game after that has finished with 4-6 turns left.

Edit: As far as disruptions go, Cress does them every three turns and starts off with an initial disruption. The initial disruption fires two random disruptions that usually affect 4-5 spaces on the board each. 3 turns later it will fire off 1 random disruption, then 3 turns later 1 more. Three turns after that it will fire off 3 random disruptions, and then return to 1 every 3 turns for the remainder of the level.

Last edited:

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Made it to level 98 almost got that mega speed up. Gotta say after Cresselia began freezing 15 blocks at the beginning of each stage I knew gengar might just not be enough and I failed for the first time in a while. Instead I'm switching to my old team of M-Heracross / Genesect / Giratina / Avalugg. The ice turtle (?) certainly pulled its weight as it allowed me to clear 8 ice barriers with just a single combo while still dealing moderate damage. I'll report back in two hours hopefully with the mega candy in hand o3o

Since I caught Wobbuffet and already did my items run for Blaziken, Cresselia gives me a pretty nice "dump" for the hearts I accumulate while waiting for something to do. Depending on what comes next week I might go for 200, but I'm definitely going to 100 since I've already cleared 85.

I'm level up 80 too ! Soon finished :D
Currently there have only been 9 available speedups in-game, with 8 only possible by the reasonably sane.

-Default Gift
-Giratina 50

-Giratina 100
-Giratina 200 (not happening)
-Top 30% of qualifiers in M-Manectric competition
-Cresselia 50

-Cresselia 100
-Cresselia 200 (worth trying)
-Top 24% of qualifiers in M-Blaziken competition
I think there is a problem, I have 5 Candies ...

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Are you positive you have used one on gengar or that you really didn't go after the level 100 giratina?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)