Ladder Mix and Mega

Not really, Pinsirite has a significant advantages over Altarianite, namely better stats(Altarianite wastes 40 points in off-stats, while Pinsirite uses these points for SDef and speed) and the ability to beat key mons such as Pixilate Entei, Ferrothorn and even Gourgeist-Super if it runs a SubCoil set. It would be completely superior if it wasn't for its Stealth Rock weakness and the inability to beat Zapdos and Levitate electrics.
I'd say altarianite is better overall, except for the ability to beat other atespeeds. Even given the waste that altarianite gives. The typing is incredible, the increase in attack is actually very useful in this case, it can boost its speed to make up for altarianite, it isn't weak to rocks, and it is less weak to fridgespeed/weavile. Im not saying Pnisirite doesn't have perks that make it better for some teams, just overall it's not as good.

Both are good, Pinsirite lets you beat Entei, something Altaria doesn, I don't think +6 OHKOs.

This might be underrated, but try it out! :D

Breloom @ Banettite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 tkA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide
And DONT forget this guy:

Salamencizer POWER (Salamence) @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Fang
- Rock Slide

RIP Lucario. But as expected, we've got a replacement:

Infer-rape (Infernape) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Gunk Shot
I saw eviolite goomy use the breloom set with Spore, Protect, Focus punch and seed bomb, a true nusance as it beats Blissey, the most common Magic bouncer on the switch, I feel as if you'd struggle getting up your prankster without Protect. I like it :] if it got instant prankster it would be amazing

Magnezone!

Magnezone @ Latiasite
New stats: 70/90/145/160/110/60 (0/+20/+30/+30/+20/0)
Ability: Magnet Pull, Sturdy, Analytic -> Levitate
IVs, EVs, Nature: whatever needed for HP Fire; 252 SpA / 256 total elsewhere ; Timid or Modest

1) Volt Switch
2) Hidden Power [Fire]
3) Flash Cannon
4) Thunderbolt

Most of this was robbed from the official guide, which only lists Scarf or Specs sets ... I honestly don't know what Magnezone's best role would be in Mix and Mega; it's just one of my sentimental favorites.

Hey guise, what's "fun"? Is it correcting someone who used "inspected" to refer to a process of inspecting?
Or is it thinking that something faster than garchomp that can neutralize all slower offense should get away scot free?
i think sanity ran away.

Hey guise, what's "fun"? Is it correcting someone who used "inspected" to refer to a process of inspecting?
Or is it thinking that something faster than garchomp that can neutralize all slower offense should get away scot free?
i think sanity ran away.
Because of espeed and atespeed's prevalence(at minimum one per offense team) it really isn't very effective against offense.

honestly I see very little reason behind the atespeed lucario and zap cannon mew ban. lucario had counters in skarmory and aggronite Gourgeist, and aegislash. all them could be switched on luc even on a predicted SD and ko it (you have to sac skarmory for doing so, but gourgeist wins easily, remembering that lucario needs return for many kos and there is no room left for eq). this way luc has 3 counters that can be easily put on any team, not even considering -ate speed revenge killers and pinsirite/lucarionite/metagrossite steel types and P-don which can tank one attack and ohko back. on the side of zap cannon mew, it was never used for hax purposes, it's used for getting and edge on the speed tier which is as much annoying as inferno/sacred fire spam but not uncompetitive (not to mention P-don is immune to it). I think the problem relies on 100% acc on hypnosis which is incredibly lame once you need to have mega'ed your magic bounce beforehand. this way it should be suspected hypnosis gengar and mew before even considering in banning zap cannon. Also weavile should be limited from using glalitite since it practically wins 1vs1 with most pokes, 2hko most of them, has pursuit, great speed tier and actually can revenge kill things that it shouldn't with the combo of fake out + feint/quick attack (this way beating expeeders considering rocks and the lucario ban) this way weavile goes to the totally uncompetitive for just spamming and 2hkoeing anything while outspeeding basically all mons and revenge killing even expeeders.

honestly I see very little reason behind the atespeed lucario and zap cannon mew ban. lucario had counters in skarmory and aggronite Gourgeist, and aegislash. all them could be switched on luc even on a predicted SD and ko it (you have to sac skarmory for doing so, but gourgeist wins easily, remembering that lucario needs return for many kos and there is no room left for eq). this way luc has 3 counters that can be easily put on any team, not even considering -ate speed revenge killers and pinsirite/lucarionite/metagrossite steel types and P-don which can tank one attack and ohko back. on the side of zap cannon mew, it was never used for hax purposes, it's used for getting and edge on the speed tier which is as much annoying as inferno/sacred fire spam but not uncompetitive (not to mention P-don is immune to it). I think the problem relies on 100% acc on hypnosis which is incredibly lame once you need to have mega'ed your magic bounce beforehand. this way it should be suspected hypnosis gengar and mew before even considering in banning zap cannon. Also weavile should be limited from using glalitite since it practically wins 1vs1 with most pokes, 2hko most of them, has pursuit, great speed tier and actually can revenge kill things that it shouldn't with the combo of fake out + feint/quick attack (this way beating expeeders considering rocks and the lucario ban) this way weavile goes to the totally uncompetitive for just spamming and 2hkoeing anything while outspeeding basically all mons and revenge killing even expeeders.
D-punch and Z-cannon being fully accurate(especially when together) was seen as being too hax reliant to fit in a serious metagame.

i think sanity ran away.
To be honest, the fact that you didn't bother bringing up an argument until we asked you about it and that you used the wrong term doesn't add to your credibility at all.

Why is it that Aggronite changes the secondary typing to Steel? It seems like it would make more sense for Aggronite to remove a Pokemon's secondary typing altogether.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Why is it that Aggronite changes the secondary typing to Steel? It seems like it would make more sense for Aggronite to remove a Pokemon's secondary typing altogether.
The coding in the games, if i recall correctly, has mono-typed pokemon as typed both the same. Mega Aggron, in the game's data, is supposedly steel/steel; I know this is the case in all gens prior to 6 and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed the same in gen 6. Therefore, when Steel/Rock Aggron mega evolves, it adds steel typing over rock, which makes it Steel/Steel, appearing mono-Steel.

Electrify is so trolly l o l. When dealing with ate speeders, just switch to your ate counter (something steely and defensive like skarmory or aggron or an aggronite mon), do your things to counter ate-speeders, and then when you sack something, electrify heliolisk rises again

Electrify is so trolly l o l. When dealing with ate speeders, just switch to your ate counter (something steely and defensive like skarmory or aggron or an aggronite mon), do your things to counter ate-speeders, and then when you sack something, electrify heliolisk rises again
Or just bring something faster. Sceptilite Heliolisk isn't Deoxys-Speed.

considering that diancite is extremely viable on offense, if it doesn't bounce back electrify (iirc it doesn't but w/e) it makes the user blazingly fast, even more so than sceptilite

not too mention espeed is on literally every offense team as well, and gyaradosite is very viable as well and bypasses lightning rod

stall has way to get around it too, like ampharosite, setting up a wincon while they spam electrify (sometimes one free turn is all it takes, especially if it has sub), simply running it out of pp because electrify doesn't actually do dmg and defoggers/spinners are aplenty, and probably many other things I don't know about since I don't play stall much, care yourselves to enlighten me

and, prediction is never, ever, EVER a good argument: you switch in your ate counter predicting my ate user to come out to stop your loop? well I can counter that switchin just as easily

considering that diancite is extremely viable on offense, if it doesn't bounce back electrify (iirc it doesn't but w/e)

and, prediction is never, ever, EVER a good argument: you switch in your ate counter predicting my ate user to come out to stop your loop? well I can counter that switchin just as easily
Predictions are always 50/50s, in terms of doubling your switches, I'm not saying it's a flawless thing, but there are ways to abuse this set once you eliminate the gyaradosite and ampharosite users, as well as any espeed users. By then you're likely to have won, but it's funny none the less. If you outspeed, just keep stacking electrifies (unless you're fighting self-status moves like calm mind, which I do believe won't be drawn by lightningrod)

Electrify:
  • Does not make contact
  • Not affected by Protect
  • Not affected by Magic Coat
  • Not affected by Snatch
  • Not affected by King's Rock

I've really enjoyed this meta, and I made an account just to post this. With lucario gone, I see the meta shifting towards bulkier setup sweepers that can be very hard to stop due to their speed, power and frequent use of magic bounce. I found a nice little niche set that can force them out.

Pangoro with banettite gives you priority parting shot. This may sound OK, but when manaphy gets to +3 in one turn, it seems to come up short. The hidden trick of parting shot is that when it hits magic bounce, it's rejected back at the user, who takes the stat drop, while the opponent is randomly switched. This has saved me against calm mind blisseys and absol manaphys.

I'm on mobile, so I will leave most of the theorymoning to others, but I use some thing like project, drain punch, sub, parting shot. Obviously dies to pixelated speed.

Edit: Just to add to that, it also gets stuff like taunt, SD, bulk up, toxic, and even entertainment or torment if you want to mess with heliosk or catch espeeders on switch.

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I've really enjoyed this meta, and I made an account just to post this. With lucario gone, I see the meta shifting towards bulkier setup sweepers that can be very hard to stop due to their speed, power and frequent use of magic bounce. I found a nice little niche set that can force them out.

Pangoro with banettite gives you priority parting shot. This may sound OK, but when manaphy gets to +3 in one turn, it seems to come up short. The hidden trick of parting shot is that when it hits magic bounce, it's rejected back at the user, who takes the stat drop, while the opponent is randomly switched. This has saved me against calm mind blisseys and absol manaphys.

I'm on mobile, so I will leave most of the theorymoning to others, but I use some thing like project, drain punch, sub, parting shot. Obviously dies to pixelated speed.
Hehe, parting shot vs an opposing magic bounce mon has been coined "thesecondbest strat" by Eevee General. I used it in Stabmons with defiant bisharp vs mega sableye. But yeah, it is a really neat trick and a pretty swag mon.

then maybe i just need some espeed. or something.
Still, at the VERY least, watch it. It might destroy the planet soon.
Show us three, high ladder matches, of this being one of the other: uncompetitive or broken. You might catch someone of guard once, but a high-level player will predict and beat it consistently.
Aggrons typing is steel/rock, I believe. It turns into pure steel, that means one of two things: steel replaces rock making it pure steel or its typing is wiped and replaced with steel. Ghoul probably felt it was less complicated to avoid the ladder.

I still would like to see some discussion on a No Guard hypnosis suspect. There is absolutely 0 reason to maintain it in the tier, it's outright uncompetitive and you need to have your MB already Mevolved and even than most of them are 2HKO'ed by mew or gengar.

Last edited:

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
I agree that Heliolisk needs a test.
Wait what? You must be a noob to lose to it!
It caus excessive 50-50s and fits the definition of uncompetitive. I just played a game with this and the only reaon i lost is because my opponent got a 3 turn sleep on my lando and had bullet punch on toxicroak. Who runs that -.-
But besides the point this thing is a beast under webs and forces 50-50s and ate speed. And with espeeders getting banned one after another, this thing gets better and better. After it gets tested, MAgic bounce needs a test. Once again, it is uncounterable, unpredicatble and discourages things like stealth rocks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)