Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpA / 52 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

The team struggles against Char X and Banded Azu. Rather than use a reliable check or counter, I thought it'd be interesting to see how Magma Storm + Sunny Day + Solar Beam Heatran would fare. Leftovers gives off the impression that you're SpDef Heatran, and lures in bulky waters like Rotom-W, Slowbro, and CB Azu, and can trap them via Magma Storm and fire off a Solar Beam in the Sun. Earth Power allows you to beat non-EQ Char X that try to set up on you. EVs allow you to outspeed 218 Rotom-W and some Defensive Landorus sets, which Keldeo and Lucario appreicate damage on.

Calcs vs Azu:

208 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 96-113 (26.4 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

208 SpA Heatran Solar Beam vs. 88 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 306-360 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Sun: 224-266 (58.1 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

AV Azu fails to 2HKO Heatran in the Sun with Waterfall, meaning that you beat it 1v1.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

While admittedly outdated, Scarf Excadrill offensively checks both fairies and Zard-X. While it doesn't so much as deal with the Azumarill problem, its high speed without relying on opposing Hippowdon/Tyranitar etc. easily makes up for that. I also noticed that this team has a little trouble with fatmons, so I decided to chuck Toxic in the filler slot to allow it to put pressure on them if it predicts their switch-in, most notably v.s. Mega Sableye - which can only be poisoned by Mold Breaker 'mons and toxic spikes. This means that, imo, it is a great choice for this team.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
On my phone so no sprite but I'll add it later

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Team really hates fliers like Torn-T and Talonflame, as well as Zard X. Diancie checks them all while still fitting the offensive nature of the team. It is also the fastest offensive fairy so it checks the others: Altaria and Gardevoir while out speeding HP Fire Diancies that can break Skarmory.

I think a spread with more attack investment would be good too but I'm unsure of relevant benchmarks so I supplied the bread n butter set

Last edited:

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Fang

nice offensive mon for nice offensive team. also checks talon, torn-t, serp, and zam, which are massive problems for the team. you didnt realize it before, but now you know that this is clearly the best fit y/y

scizor was so clearly the best fit last round rofl

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting for round 3 can start now. Just bold the person and set you are voting for. I'll end the voting tomorrow.

All right. Because Halcyon. is moving and is busy/tired, I'll be posting the next round.

For round 3, the winner is bludz for this Mega Diancie suggestion.

For round 4, we have a team from TDK featuring Calm Mind Mega Gardevoir. The team is bulky offensive powered by Weavile to punch holes in the opposing for Gardevoir to sweep later. Scarf Jirachi plays a big role for the team as a scarfer, fairy check and has the utility of healing wish to revive a weakened teammate for the late game. It's pretty straight forward on paper, but it's missing one mon. So what's his last?

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Icicle Crash

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

boring, but it works. checks azu and mega gyara. mamo, diggersby, mega shark also look like potential problems. provides spikes support to help wear down opposing team.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Rotom adds several things to this team: it takes pressure off of Chomp to handle every physical attacker (i.e. Gyarados, Sharpedo, Talonflame, Azumarill) and provides slow Volt Switches for Mega Gardevoir and Weavile to come in safely. It also completes the Volt-Turn core with Jirachi. This team also dislikes bulky waters and relies on Gardevoir/Latios to break them, so Rotom-Wash relieves that a little bit. Rotom is also a switch-in to Heatran which the team doesn't really like switching into because Chomp doesn't like being statused and Latios can't really touch it while the others are threatened by its STABs. The team also dislikes Rain and Sand offense to a degree (common weaknesses for most offensive teams) which Rotom provides a buffer against. Mega Scizor completely cleans once Garchomp is weakened and Zard X is a problem if it can get to +1 which is why I opted for a fully bulky spread with double status. I couldn't choose just one of the two status moves but I think it's okay to forgo Pain Split / Rest because Jirachi can Healing Wish Rotom if it really needs it.

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up
h8 bludz, thank god his option is booty.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

this team has no way to beat skarmory, ferrothorn and scizor just flat out 6-0's.
no low kick weav, no fire punch rachi, no hp fire lati, only a very weak fire blast from garchomp to deal with these threats
magnezone traps all 3 of these threats and frees up sweep potential for weavile gardevoir and rachi

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz

The team above really hates Steel-types such as Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Mega Scizor, which Talonflame provides an answer for. Talonflame also helps to revenge kill troublesome Pokemon such as Mega Lopunny, Keldeo, Mega Alakazam and Weavile. It also supports Gardevoir's sweep by setting up on Gard's counters such as Bronzong, Jirachi and the aforementioned Scizor while Gard heavily dents bulky Pokemon which Talonflame dislike such as Hippowdon. The two also work together to overload Heatran, which checks both Pokemon.

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Heatran gives this team a much needed switch-in to Clefable, Ferrothorn, Talonflame, and Scizor. It also provides your team with a Special wall, Taunt support, and Fire type coverage.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Encore

Quagsire is a nice answer to Pokemon which threaten the team such as Mega Scizor, Mega Tyranitar and Mega Charizard-X while also taking some pressure off Garchomp to check physical threats like Talonflame. It can also switch in easily on Heatran and opposing Jirachi. Encore is a great move to lock Clefable and other Pokemon into a status move.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald

i think subCM keldeo fits pretty well this team, as the team gets pretty much screwed by things such as bisharp and scizor and keld offers a great check to both. Furthermore it acts as another win condition (more effective than cm garde imo) and gets benefits from weavile and gardevoir's job, which can take care of common counters like lati@s, starmie, slowbro, azumarill, clefable (with these two getting lured by weavile easily)

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Pretty Much everyone has said this and its true, this team is weak to Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn. I also noticed that this team has no setup sweeper, so having one would nice for your team. I chose Manaphy because one it can setup a Tail Glow and Sweep, and two it can kill Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory. <Insert HUH?!> After Manaphy setup a Tail Glow it can kill them all with a HP Fire. Energy Ball is helpful as it kills Azumarill a threat to the team and also Mega Gyarados, and Bisharp gets badly damaged by Scald and HP Fire.

+3 252 SpA Manaphy Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 416-492 (118.1 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 460-544 (134.1 - 158.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Skarmory: 270-318 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Energy Ball vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 492-580 (135.1 - 159.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 326-384 (98.4 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

Last edited:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up

Not perhaps the most innovative of nominations, but it does quite a bit for the team; it acts as a good Knock Off Absorber(since Mega Gardevoir hardly appreciates taking much on the physical side), can WoW on the switch and wear down checks to CM Voir or Weavile(or in an emergency, flinchhax Jirachi), takes on Steel-types with ease and can turn into a win-con with Bulk Up(while also checking M-Sableye and Clefable), all while providing crucial priority in the form of Acrobatics; I chose this over the SD set because the team needed the extra bulk investment in Talon to check a number of crucial threats, but I do think the SD set can also work well here. Hoping the project doesn't die, it's a really good idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)