Multi Gen Simple Questions, Simple Answers Mk. II (Read Before Making a Thread)

How useful is Dragon Tail on Lugia (over Whirlwind)? I see it mentioned in the analysis. I know it obviously can't hit Fairy-types, and has less than perfect accuracy.
It's exellent against any form of Mega Gengar and Mewtwo. It just kicks it out even if it has Taunt. Usually Lugia is used on stall so Dragon Tail makes you have 1 pokemon who would normally be weak to gengar, not weak to it. It's a great move to have if your team is well prepared for xerneas. Oterwise Whirwind is the superior option. So it's totally good and viable.

Before OrAs what made regular kyogre the best mon in ubers?
150 BP STAB Rain Water Spout meant you needed a check for both Scarf and Specs Kyogre, as the former is a Lightning Bruiser, and the latter hits really, really hard.

Also, Kyogre could also run a defensive and a Cro Mono-CM set, just in case you thought you were dealing with an offensive set.

Thing is, PDon is immune to the Water STAB and Thunder, as well as being a really good poke in general, compared to, say, Gastrodon.

ok i was referred to this thread so it'll just copy/paste my last post on another thread

new to the community and ubers got some questions. so why is P-Don S+, is it really that much better then mega sala, xer and ES arceus.

also are ubers which are simply nonviable like reshiram allowed to drop down to OU?? i understand reshiram is part of a God among OU tourna

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Primal Groudon is just so splashable onto virtually any team composition, simply in that there are many more builds that benefit from it than they would benefit without it. Now, this isn't to say there aren't good teams without PDon, there are of course. You shouldn't take the viability rankings as a "X mon is better than Y mon" so much as an indicator to how dominant a mon is in the meta.

No, nonviable ubers will not be dropping to OU. I can imagine Blaziken-Mega in OU again....

I have never really played Ubers before, so I was wondering; is rayquaza banned from knowing dragon ascent, or just from mega evolving? I assumed it was the first, but I have seen some stuff recently as I have considered playing ubers that would imply that it's the second.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
I have never really played Ubers before, so I was wondering; is rayquaza banned from knowing dragon ascent, or just from mega evolving? I assumed it was the first, but I have seen some stuff recently as I have considered playing ubers that would imply that it's the second.
Like answered when you asked this very same question in the chat on PS yesterday, Rayquaza is banned from Mega Evolving, but Dragon Ascent remains perfectly legal.

Which are the things that all Ubers team need? I mean what is a regular structure in Uber?
Depends on the play style. In general you should always use Primal Groudon and an Arceus form specially if you are a beginner.
You need also some hazards removal way and a strong Stealth Rock inducer. The other team slots should be used to cover the weaknesses of S and A rank mons of the viability ranking threat either by having checks or by offensive pressure(would be good if you can cover others to from B and downward too).
Now if you seek a more specific response you need to tell me the play style(Offense,bulky offense,balance and stall) so i could be able to give you common cores too.

Depends on the play style. In general you should always use Primal Groudon and an Arceus form specially if you are a beginner.
You need also some hazards removal way and a strong Stealth Rock inducer. The other team slots should be used to cover the weaknesses of S and A rank mons of the viability ranking threat either by having checks or by offensive pressure(would be good if you can cover others to from B and downward too).
Now if you seek a more specific response you need to tell me the play style(Offense,bulky offense,balance and stall) so i could be able to give you common cores too.
Thanks for answering :] My favourite playstyle is Bulky Offense, if you can tell me more of it... :]

Thanks for answering :] My favourite playstyle is Bulky Offense, if you can tell me more of it... :]
Bulky offense means you need both offensive presence and at least soft checks to the common threats of the metagame. You can try Mega Diancie+Ho-oh+Primal Groudon or Mega Gengar+Yveltal+Klefki which are common on bulky offenses. You also need to make sure you check Darkrai a big threat to those play-styles as well as hard hitters that are either quick by nature like Deo-A and Mewtwo or that can set up like Salamence and Groudon. That's why lots of BO teams have Klefki.
Otherwise you need to practice and build a lot. Good luck :)

Bulky offense means you need both offensive presence and at least soft checks to the common threats of the metagame. You can try Mega Diancie+Ho-oh+Primal Groudon or Mega Gengar+Yveltal+Klefki which are common on bulky offenses. You also need to make sure you check Darkrai a big threat to those play-styles as well as hard hitters that are either quick by nature like Deo-A and Mewtwo or that can set up like Salamence and Groudon. That's why lots of BO teams have Klefki.
Otherwise you need to practice and build a lot. Good luck :)
I'll try those cores, thank you man :]

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Somebody told me that AV Amoonguss was legit in Ubers. For obvious reasons I didn't believe him, but you guys use some weird shit so I wanted to know if it was a thing.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Somebody told me that AV Amoonguss was legit in Ubers. For obvious reasons I didn't believe him, but you guys use some weird shit so I wanted to know if it was a thing.
It was used in early XY as a check to Scarf Kyogre and Xerneas with Clear Smog that could somewhat sustain itself with Regenerator. That being said, it's massive bird bait and has no supporting capabilities other than firing off weak attacks, so it quickly fell out of favor. Nowadays it's complete garbage.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
n cleric isn't popular.

key word is "used to be" as regards to the mixed wallbreaker set

scarf is viable, but only for teams with specific niches that need to be filled (e.g deo-a revenger, darkrai check not named ho-oh) or teams built around it.

geo is without a doubt the most common, and for good reason.

I tend to agree with hyw on this mostly. In the current metagame, scarfing simply is not worth it. I feel most teams would even benefit more from something like klefki than a scarf xerneas.

on the topic of geoXern , i'm seeing a lot of people still running HP Fire. Does it hit something relevant? because i haven't seen a Scizor in ages, and Focus blast already wrecks Ferrothorn. i'm Running a Shedinja team, and i always get my sash wasted.

on the topic of geoXern , i'm seeing a lot of people still running HP Fire. Does it hit something relevant? because i haven't seen a Scizor in ages, and Focus blast already wrecks Ferrothorn. i'm Running a Shedinja team, and i always get my sash wasted.
HP Fire is not viable in this metagame since ferrothorn, aegislash and scizor are not very common. The best 2 options are thunder and focus blast. Aroma and sub are nice options too. I don't like hp ground much but it is a decent option as well, hits both Aegi and Groudon pretty nicely.

Since ubers is a tier, shouldn't the base forms of mawile, kanga, mence and gengar be in ubers too? Since it isn't a ban list anymore. Sorry for the stupid question in advance :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)