Metagame LC UnderUsed / Tier Shift and Quickbans [See Post #152]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mildly irritated that all of my teams are now invalid thanks to the departure of the god that was Skrelp, I am interested to see how this new meta is.
Also, will Vulpix itself be getting banned, or would it just be Drought getting the boot? Because the instant sun is unquestionably the issue when it comes to Vulpix. I fail to see it being anywhere near broken without sun, so why not just let stay without the sun?

Hi so I'd like to bump this to get some discussion going about Corphish. Corphish is the most powerful mon to drop (other than Vulpix but that's banned already) thanks to Adaptability, a high attack stat, and wide movepool. Corphish has no counters other than like Chespin and Paras (both bird weak if you'll notice), because +2 Knock Off kills Slowpoke after SR and it has Superpower for Lilleep. It certainly puts in work against offense, as it outspeeds standard panda and has Aqua Jet to kill birds. It has enough physical bulk to easily set up on metagame staples like Sandshrew, and even lives LO Doduo's Brave Bird. Dragon Dance is an option that makes it versatile enough to be either a wallbreaker or a sweeper. I personally believe that it is too much for this metagame, but I'd like to hear what other people are running to handle it and their thoughts on this mon.

Last edited:
Here is the banlist:
Abra, Aipom, Archen, Bunnelby, Carvanha, Chinchou, Cottonee, Croagunk, Diglett, Drilbur, Dwebble, Elekid, Ferroseed, Fletchling, Foongus, Gastly, Gothita, Houndour, Larvesta, Magnemite, Mienfoo, Munchlax, Omanyte, Onix, Pawniard, Ponyta, Porygon, Pumpkaboo-Super, Scraggy, Shellder, Skrelp, Snivy, Snubbull, Spritzee, Staryu, Surskit, Timburr, Tirtouga, Vullaby, Zigzagoon (BL)
Banned moves: Shell Smash
So basically these pokemon are "LC OU"?

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
SUSPECT TIME AGAIN!

Yeah, we all saw this coming. This thing is straight up silly. It hits hard, has respectable bulk, has priority...it's great. Pass it a boost from a Torchic and it just wins. The way we'll be testing this is simple: Playing the game. We'll be taking the next few days to observe and use Corphish in room tours and assorted battles so we can gain a greater understanding of what exactly this thing is capable of, and how much exactly can handle it. The decision will be made sometime in the middle of the week, or sooner depending on how I'm feeling.

Edit: Adding this goon to it as well:

Stupid coverage, stupid boosting options, Parting Shot is a thing. It's just so good. If it had prio it wouldn't even be UU lol.​

Last edited:
RIP Corphish and Pancham... I never knew you!
Also, fun tier I r8 8/8.
(I totally beat Quote when I posted)

Last edited:
While I haven't played much against these too I will say that Corphish is probably too much for the tier as it kinda just breaks everything (not named Shellos) and has powerful priority to just destroy anything faster. On top of Phish's insane power, it also has some pretty good bulk, especially on the physical side, which in LC UU is the only side that matters because of the plethora of physical attackers in the tier, and can live pretty much any priority thrown at it.

Pancham, on the other hand, I think is not really broken primarily due to it's low speed and lack of priority. Yes, Pancham has exactly zero switch-ins thanks to it's ridiculous coverage and fantastic ability in mold breaker, but Pancham is still not unstoppable. Pancham's low speed and lack of priority make it extremely easy to revenge and just offensively check it in general, and since LC UU is so incredibly offensive, there is no shortage of mons that can do the job. Unless your team is incredibly slow and passive, I just can't see Pancham doing that much damage to a team. I want it to be noted that I am by no means saying Pancham is bad in this tier; it is a very, very good mon, I just don't think it's really broken. My mind may change as I play with and against these two powerhouses more, but at the moment I'd say can handle Pancham, but not Corphish.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright, we had our fun, but we have to give it up. Corphish is banned. Antar

Pancham is still legal for the meantime, though. We'll continue the suspect on him and make a ruling sometime around the weekend.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
Forgot to mention it here but told a bunch of the others already, but Pancham won't be banned. While it is very strong and difficult to switch in on, its slow speed and lack of priority means it can be worn down easily, even with the recovery from Drain Punch. He's still the best pokemon in the tier atm, but he's not broken.

I'm quitting as an LC UU tier leader. I didn't play the tier in a long time and it changed a lot so I believe that I won't be able to lead the tier quite well, this doesn't mean that I quit playing the tier but I'll still stick around and participate in the discussions if I get to play it again. QuoteCS is now the lone tier leader.

dude you got forced out months ago
Indeed I didn't do anything related to LC UU in months so Quote was the main tier leader lol. I told Quote that he can do all tiering related stuff when I was inactive without discussing it with me and that we can discuss those stuff once I'm back, after I came back I found that I can't lead the tier because I didn't play it in a long time that's why I decided to official quit.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
I'm banning Pancham. I took some time after the initial suspect test to do even more testing, and to be honest it's just making the tier less enjoyable. Yes, I did say before it's not broken, but it's definitely centralising as all hell. While the ban will take place immediately metagame-wise, it is still legal for the current week of LCPL. Antar

Your team was rejected for the following reasons: - Klink can't learn Gear Grind. - Klink can't learn Shift Gear.

Is this a glitch? Klink totally learns Gear Grind and Shift Gear, I checked, so when I tried to ladder on LC UU why did this message come?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So I guess Corphish is back to LC BL, we got back Skrelp and Houndoor. Lost Honedge, Lileep and Stunky... This will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)