Abdication: End of an Era (Congratulations Magnemite!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've grown very busy in real life, so I cannot fully focus on PU as much as I would like. I'm not leaving Smogon, nor PU; I am just stepping down from authority. It's time for a change in leadership, to those who are more tournament-oriented and able to integrate PU into the overall Smogon community better. I am officially abdicating my position as PU co-leader, and giving it to Magnemite !

Just letting you all know that this isn't a sudden decision; Dell and I have considered this since February, and the only change to our plans was that he left first. We've done a lot of what we set out to do, and our remaining goals will be entrusted to those who remain.

To Dell , you were a great person to work with. I knew I could count on you to handle the parts where I am weakest (chatrooms/tourneys). Plus, you were my first friend on Smogon and we've had quite a journey. :heart:

To the new co-leaders, I wish you luck in leading PU to greater heights. galbia and Magnemite , you are great people to chat with, and I place my faith in your leadership. :heart:

To fellow moderators Montsegur and Anty and to the Council, QC team, and PU Room staff: thank you for all your work in contributing to PU and being outstanding role models for PU and Smogon in general. :heart:

To the PU community at large, thank you for enjoying PU, contributing to its rise to its current level, and for your future contributions that will help it rise even further. :heart::heart::heart:

Here is a message from Dell as well:

I had a lot of things going on and I'm sure that a lot of you have noticed that this has greatly affected my activity in recent times. A lot of this coincided with my interest in PU declining significantly, and I've already set the time in abdicating my authority after PUPL is finished. Of course there were a change a plans, and that's fine. I'm pretty proud of what we were able to achieve throughout the time we've been running PU. We've had a sub-forum in OM for a while, getting analyses done timely, developing a friendly and self-sustaining room in PS, and overall I enjoyed every moment of being integrated into such a mature and laid-back community.

I'd like to take the next couple of paragraphs to give shoutouts to notable members for making my experience here a swell time.

Thanks to the PU staff and council members, especially WhiteDMist for being such a great co-worker and an awesome friend. You were one of the people I've first met throughout my entire presence on Smogon, and I haven't regretted a single time of working with you, or even just being a swell confidante that I can talk to on a regular basis. galbia , you're always been a competent and professional face in the community and I've always enjoyed working with you. I see you've been doing well in branching out, and with my heavy involvement in PS as a lot, I'm sure we're able to keep the PU room in good hands. Magnemite , you're an awesome and very enthusiastic presence in the community, and I strong believe that your presence will invite the exposure that the PU community needs. Great job, and I wish you well in your endeavors as PU co-leader.

Anty , you've been such a hard-worker in the C&C side of things, and you've one of the most chill people to talk to. Montsegur and scorpdestroyer , I've always seen you two as pleasant, level-headed presences, and I'd like to see you guys get more involved in the community. Shoutouts to the rest of the council and ex-council members in doing their part in shaping the tier; your work is appreciated and I wish you guys all a great time.

Moreover, I'd like to get into the OM leaders/staff for what they've done to help us get where we've gotten, especially hollywood , The Immortal , and Eevee General . You guys have been a huge help in pushing for more public exposure to the tier and have been a great voice in policy matters related to PU. I know that you guys are pretty active in the PS community, which has been my primary focus as of late, and I'd love to continue working with you guys there.

Finally, thanks to the many people who have developed interest into contributing to PU. We wouldn't be making any progress without you, and I'd love to see you all stick around and look forward to what the new leaders plan for the tier. I can assure you that they'll appreciate your presence, and they'll do what that can to satisfy everyone. Good luck!

Back to me :toast:

Shake things up PU. Good luck, and above all, have fun! :heart:

I LOVE YOU BOSS.

you were a great boss, character and presence in the PU community for the length of your reign. It was a beautiful era which spawned my love for this tier and the people who play it.

Stay up, dude, and have a good one. I'll miss you most of all ;-;

Last edited:

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I LOVE YOU BOSS.

you were a great boss, character and presence in the PU community for the length of your reign. It was a beautiful era which spawned my love for this tier and the people who play it.

Stay up, dude, and have a good one. I'll miss you most of all ;-;
:') thanks guys. I'm not dying you know, I'm still going to be around.

see you wdm. you were a great leader; your dedication for this tier really shone and you've done a massive amount of work for pu, I personally really appreciate all of the effort. thanks for being such a friendly face when I first started pu, we did a lot initially, from the very beginning, picking the council, working on the vr, discovering the wealth of options in this tier (every new day a new mon seemed better than the next) and working on that big smog article with everyone else. we'll all remember you.

to magnemite, congrats man, knew this was coming for you for a while :toast:. you're one of my oldest friends on this site and we jumped from ou to ru to pu together, and the amount of effort you've put it into pu has been amazing. you thoroughly deserve this position, congrats man. hopefully this is a sign that the tier shift will be great :)

no matter what happens I will always love this tier, it's like a home to come back to. pu has been a super successful ride so far and I hope I can help it become even better :)

Last edited:
I won't pretend that I knew you very well, but from what I have heard of you, I am sad to see you leave. People always said how great you are, and I have no doubts about it. And congrats Magnemite , I feel like you really deserve the title of Pokemon Champi...I mean PU Co-Owner :]

Ahh rip wdm, my interest in PU has really dropped these last few weeks and with PUPL being delayed and such. Hope all goes well irl man :)

Mag MAKE PU OFFICIAL GO

WDM+Dwll you lil legends you we will all miss you guys and look foward to seeing you from time to time in the Pu room thank you so much for all you two have done for us.

Magnemite from the first second i stepped into this tier about a year or two ago you were the one who showed me the ropes real quick and helped me adapt to the massive change from my 4th gen ways thank you :) and congratulations you will make a great co-leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)