Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Could someone link me to the usage stats for hoopa? If they aren't available yet, could someone tell me hoopa's most common set?

Could someone link me to the usage stats for hoopa? If they aren't available yet, could someone tell me hoopa's most common set?
Usage stats have not been released yet. They get released in 3 month intervals so the next one should be sometime in August.

The most common set ive seen for hoopa-U is the physically based mixed set with Hyperspace Fury, Grass knot, Fire punch and Gunk shot. I think the majority of people run max speed on it but im not 100% of any specific benchmarks with the EVs. Some run scarf and ive seen a few run NP.

Hoopa-c's most common set is probably subNP with Psyshock and shadow ball though I cant say for sure because not many people use reg hoopa.

What can I do against trick rotom?.It's not like I'm going to switch to my mega pokemon/sweeper if I run the risk of getting burned/damaged just because my opponent MIGHT have a trick rotom.

What can I do against trick rotom?.It's not like I'm going to switch to my mega pokemon/sweeper if I run the risk of getting burned/damaged just because my opponent MIGHT have a trick rotom.
Trick rotom-w isnt too hard to get past, just play a bit differently with the mon that got tricked and you should be fine. Regardless, scarf washtom isn't very common at all so your chances of running into it are pretty small.

Does the flinch chance of kings rock stack with other flinching abilities? So say the target is paralyzed and I'm using air slash with togekiss. Is there more than a 85% chance of him to not be able to attack?

Does the flinch chance of kings rock stack with other flinching abilities? So say the target is paralyzed and I'm using air slash with togekiss. Is there more than a 85% chance of him to not be able to attack?
No, it does not stack.
source: Bulbapedia:
"Has a 10% chance of causing the target Pokémon to flinch when using a move without an added effect"

Just curious to get opinions from people who have used it; is there any reason to use Hoopa over Hoopa-U? From what I can see, the only thing the former has over the latter is a Shadow Ball STAB, but Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball hit the same targets and Psychic/Ghost seems very much inferior defensively to Psychic/Dark (not that Psychic/Dark is a good defensive type either).

I remember Albacore said something about Hoopa in the VR thread, so I'll just leave the quote here:

Hoopa-C's placement in B- is perfect btw, it has enough advantages over Hoopa-U to be ranked (has a far better main STAB, able to run a sub NP set, spinblocks, actually 1v1s Specs Keldeo), but realistically Hoopa-U's going to be the better pick almost all of the time.

Hoopa also uses Chansey as set up bait so there's that. Sub nasty plot with shadow ball and focus blast is perfectly viable imo

Can someone send me a link to a damage calculator with the most recent sets (the one on PS! still has outdated spreads)? I presently have the one with Hoopa (both formes, but they only have blank sets), but I don't have access to any of the Megas (http://gamut-was-taken.github.io/gen6-damage-calc/).
The calculator you are using has the megas. Go to the normal form for the mega (I.e. Scizor for mega scizor), select the drop down labeled forme (which is beneath the typing), and choose the mega forme. This only works for sets that use the mega, though

The calculator you are using has the megas. Go to the normal form for the mega (I.e. Scizor for mega scizor), select the drop down labeled forme (which is beneath the typing), and choose the mega forme. This only works for sets that use the mega, though
Oops. Didn't see it. Not feeling very smart rn lol. Thanks a lot!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Does Scarf Hoopa-U work well with Mega Heracross? It seems pretty nice, helping Mega Heracross against offense, although the dual Fairy weakness comes to mind.

Is Raikou without Hp-Ice/Grass totally unviable?
Got HP dark with 31/x/x/31/31/31 EVs and I kinda don't want to toss it...
thoughts?

Is Raikou without Hp-Ice/Grass totally unviable?
Got HP dark with 31/x/x/31/31/31 EVs and I kinda don't want to toss it...
thoughts?
Raikou's movepool REALLY necessitates one of the two HPs to be useful competitively, and HP Ice is pretty important for any OU Electric type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)