Tangrowth

QC: dodmen / IronBullet93 / King UU
GP: P Squared / Snobalt

[OVERVIEW]

Tangrowth earns a niche in UU with its great physical bulk and Regenerator, which allows it to stay very healthy throughout the course of the match. Its pure Grass typing allows it to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the tier, including Feraligatr, Mega Swampert, and Krookodile. Tangrowth also has access to several great support moves, such as Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off, and has a high Special Attack stat with a great offensive movepool. It also has above-average Attack and has access to moves such as Knock Off, Power Whip, and Earthquake, which allows it to attack both physically and specially. Unfortunately, it hits a very mediocre Speed tier and is brought down by its below-average Special Defense, and its defensive typing, while allowing it to check certain Pokemon, leaves it vulnerable to many others. It also faces competition as a defensive Pokemon from Chesnaught and Amoonguss; the former has better mixed defensive stats and typing, giving it natural resistances to Rock and Dark, and has access to Spikes and Spiky Shield, and the latter has access to Spore and a better defensive typing, giving it a notable resistance to Fighting-type moves.

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Sleep Powder
move 2: Leech Seed / Synthesis
move 3: Giga Drain / Leaf Storm
move 4: Knock Off / Toxic / Protect
item: Leftovers
ability: Regenerator
nature: Relaxed / Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Tangrowth serves as a pivot that can use Sleep Powder to easily support its teammates by immobilizing a foe. Leech Seed provides a quick way to gain recovery and drain HP from foes and is a great move to use when pivoting in and out of attackers that Tangrowth can wall. However, Synthesis can be used over Leech Seed for a more direct recovery move and more substantial HP gain. Giga Drain is necessary to successfully beat Pokemon such as Mega Swampert, Feraligatr, and Krookodile, and it ensures that Tangrowth isn't setup fodder after it has put a Pokemon to sleep. Alternatively, Leaf Storm can be used over Giga Drain for a noticeable increase in damage output, and it is necessary to score an OHKO on Feraligatr. Knock Off is a great utility move that removes items from both offensive and defensive Pokemon, and it works well in tandem with Leech Seed, as it can easily wear down defensive cores. In particular, Knock Off secures an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock is up. Toxic can be used over Knock Off, dealing substantial residual damage to opposing Pokemon, particularly when breaking down defensive cores. Protect can be used alongside Leech Seed to scout for coverage moves and gain solid recovery. Hidden Power Ice and Hidden Power Fire, while niche, can be used, as Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types, Grass-types, and Flying-types that Tangrowth has trouble with and Hidden Power Fire serves as an option to hit Forretress and other Steel-types such as Cobalion.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment is used to maximize Tangrowth's naturally high physical bulk, allowing it to wall as many physical threats as possible. A Relaxed nature is used when running both Giga Drain and Knock Off in order to avoid decreasing the power of either move, and it also boosts Tangrowth's Defense. However, this means that Tangrowth is outsped by base 45 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Ampharos. Alternatively, if Knock Off is not used, a Bold nature can be used to outrun base 45 Speed Pokemon. Leftovers is used for solid reliable recovery, keeping Tangrowth healthy throughout the course of the match alongside Regenerator. Regenerator is an excellent defensive ability, further enabling Tangrowth to stay healthy alongside Leftovers and either Leech Seed or Synthesis.

Usage Tips
========

Tangrowth can repeatedly switch into and wall most physical threats that don't hit it super effectively, including Ground- and Water-types such as Mega Swampert, Krookodile, Mega Sharpedo, and Feraligatr, and weaker physical attackers that hit it neutrally, such as Mienshao, Cobalion, Machamp, non-Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Virizion. Tangrowth should pivot in and out of these Pokemon, spreading Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and staying healthy with Regenerator. While Tangrowth does have great physical bulk, do not switch it in on physical threats that it can't wall, such as Entei, Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Abomasnow. It is also incredibly important that Tangrowth stays away from status ailments, which can easily hinder Tangrowth's ability to do its job and severely damage its longevity.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Swampert, pair well with Tangrowth, as they can take Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth and Tangrowth resists both Electric and Grass; Tangrowth can also support them with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. Slowking earns a special mention because it forms a Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Special walls, such as Mandibuzz and Empoleon, are good partners for Tangrowth, as they can help patch up its meager Special Defense. Pokemon that can take Flying-type attacks, such as Bronzong and Mega Aerodactyl, are good partners, as Tangrowth has trouble with Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot, and Moltres. Pokemon that can punish Grass-types, such as Entei, Mega Pidgeot, and Salamence, are appreciated because most Grass-types can switch in for free on this Tangrowth set. Clerics, such as Florges and Umbreon, are great partners, as status conditions can wear down Tangrowth and prevent it from pivoting in and out of physical attackers as well as possible. Entry hazards severely limit Tangrowth's effectiveness and longevity, so spinners and Defoggers such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Donphan, Empoleon, and Gligar can be good partners to remove them for Tangrowth. Finally, Chandelure is a notable partner, as it can punish Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth.

[SET]
name: Offensive
move 1: Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
move 2: Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
move 3: Hidden Power Ice / Ancient Power / Knock Off
move 4: Sleep Powder
item: Life Orb
nature: Modest / Rash
evs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm deals heavy damage to even the sturdiest of Pokemon in the metagame. Giga Drain can be used over Leaf Storm to hit with less power but without the drawback of dropping Tangrowth's Special Attack, and it helps Tangrowth stay more healthy in tandem with Regenerator. Focus Blast is the best coverage move Tangrowth has, allowing it to break Steel-types such as Mega Aggron and Empoleon and providing good neutral coverage with its Grass-type STAB move. Hidden Power Fire is an option over Focus Blast as a more reliable option to hit Steel-types, notably OHKOing Forretress and 2HKOing Doublade, although it is noticeably weaker than Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice is the best move in the last slot, hitting Flying-, Dragon-, and Grass-types. Ancient Power is an option over Hidden Power Ice, retaining coverage against Flying-types while also hitting Fire-types such as Entei, Arcanine, and Darmanitan. Knock Off removes items from sturdy defensive Pokemon and hits Pokemon such as Doublade and Chandelure, although a Rash nature should be used over a Modest nature if Knock Off is used, as it guarantees an OHKO on Chandelure with Knock Off. Lastly, Sleep Powder is a great move both offensively and defensively, allowing Tangrowth to immobilize would-be switch-ins and receive free turns to launch powerful Life Orb-boosted attacks.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment with a Modest nature maximizes Tangrowth's damage output, while the given Speed EVs let Tangrowth outspeed uninvested base 60s Speed Pokemon. The rest of the EVs are placed into HP to maximize Tangrowth's good physical bulk. However, if Knock Off is used, Tangrowth should use a Rash nature over Modest. Alternatively, if Trick Room support is given by its teammates, Tangrowth can run a spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD with a Quiet nature, as Tangrowth will no longer need to run Speed investment. A Life Orb is used in tandem with the EV spread to maximize Tangrowth's damage output and works very well with Regenerator, as Regenerator can help to neutralize Life Orb recoil. Regenerator also keeps Tangrowth very healthy throughout the course of the match.

Usage Tips
========

This Tangrowth set doubles as a pivot and a wallbreaker; try to switch it in on Pokemon it can easily take hits from, such as Krookodile and Mega Swampert, and use them to deal significant damage to the opponent's team. For Pokemon that these moves can't break, such as Florges and Crobat, try to use Sleep Powder to immobilize them and make it easier for Tangrowth to break holes through defensive cores. Note that this Tangrowth set is significantly less bulky than defensive variants, so it doesn't wall as many threats.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can deal with Grass-types, such as Infernape and Crobat, are greatly appreciated, as this set struggles to break through them, and Pokemon such as Roserade can use this set to gain a free switch. Clerics, such as Florges, Umbreon, and Vaporeon, can provide Wish and Heal Bell support for Tangrowth, allowing it to stay healthy. Speed control, such as Thunder Wave or Tailwind, from Pokemon such as Suicune, Whimsicott, and Slowking is appreciated, as Tangrowth is very slow and has to rely on its bulk and resistances to use attacks. Dedicated cleaners, such as Mega Sharpedo, Yanmega, and Lucario, benefit from Tangrowth's wallbreaking capabilities, as it can weaken defensive Pokemon with strong attacks and immobilize them with Sleep Powder. Wallbreakers, such as Heracross, Entei and Mamoswine, are great partners for Tangrowth, as they can form a wallbreaking core to break down defensive teams. Slowking can form a Regenerator core with Tangrowth, serves as a switch-in to many of the Pokemon that revenge kill it, such as Entei and Mega Aerodactyl and provides Thunder Wave support. Entry hazard removers, such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Gligar, and Donphan, can remove Toxic Spikes and other entry hazards, which severely limit Tangrowth's capabilities. Trick Room setters, such as Cresselia or Porygon2, work well with Tangrowth, as Trick Room patches up Tangrowth's meager Speed, and Tangrowth can be a great wallbreaker under Trick Room with its powerful attacks alongside Regenerator. Finally, Chandelure is a great teammate, as it can pressure Fire-types such as Entei and Darmanitan.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Tangrowth can run a physically attacking set with Power Whip, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off to lure in and KO many of the checks to its specially attacking set, but the specially attacking set is generally preferred. Tangrowth can utilize Stun Spore on the defensive set to slow down fast attackers on the opposing team, but Leech Seed is generally preferred. Assault Vest can be used to patch up Tangrowth's low Special Defense and let Tangrowth better check Water-types such as Suicune and Electric-types such as Heliolisk and Rotom-C; it works especially well alongside Regenerator.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Special Attackers**: Tangrowth is extremely lacking in Special Defense, so any strong special attackers will have no issue breaking through it. Examples include Nidoqueen, Mega Abomasnow, Chandelure, and Kyurem.

**Fire-types**: Tangrowth has issues breaking Fire-types and is OHKOed by all of them barring defensive Arcanine, although they all have to watch out for Sleep Powder and, excluding Infernape, Ancient Power. Chandelure also doesn't want to take a Knock Off.

**Flying-types**: Offensive Flying-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl, Honchkrow, and Crobat, shrug off damage from Leaf Storm and Focus Blast, and most of them OHKO Tangrowth in return, although they have to watch out for Sleep Powder, and most of them have to watch out for Ancient Power and Hidden Power Ice.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types absorb Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and the rare Stun Spore, take little to no damage from Giga Drain and Leaf Storm, and can only be hit by Hidden Power Fire and Hidden Power Ice.

**Bug-types**: Mega Beedrill and Yanmega shrug off any attack barring Ancient Power and threaten to 2HKO or OHKO Tangrowth, respectively, while Escavalier takes little to no damage from any of Tangrowth's attacks, avoids Sleep Powder with Overcoat, and can threaten to OHKO it with a Choice Band-boosted Megahorn. Heracross has to watch out for Sleep Powder, but it can take any attack and easily OHKOes Tangrowth with Megahorn.

**Special Walls**: Snorlax, Blissey, and Cresselia can wall specially attacking sets, as they lose less than half of their HP from Leaf Storm and commonly carry recovery moves to easily shrug off damage. However, these Pokemon aren't as much of an issue for to the tank set.

**Status Users**: Toxic and burn damage can easily wear down Tangrowth, especially offensive sets, and can stop it from doing its job as well as it possibly can.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not QC so just implement what you feel should be implemented.

Overview
  • I would mention how it has access to one of the best defensive abilities in the game, Regenerator, which allows it to act as a great wall and pivot without needing a solid recovery move.
  • I would mention how it's defense in tandem with solid offensive stat allows it to be one of the better defensive checks to Feraligatr.
  • I would mention it faces competition as a defensive wall by the likes of Chesnaught and Amoonguss and mention what separates it from the aforementioned two.
  • I would also mention its good Attack stat and physical movepool, it's not bad by any means.
Tank
  • I would explain how Sleep Powder can immobilize an opposing Pokemon and making it less useful for a good portion of the match.
  • I'd mention how Giga Drain is a good STAB attack that ensures Tangrowth isn't setup fodder after using Sleep Powder.
  • In Set Details, I would mention how using a Relaxed nature allows Tangrowth to be outsped by uninvested base 45s, especially Mega Ampharos.
  • I would also mention Leftovers and Regenerator, as well as their purpose in Set Details
  • In Usage Tips, I would mention examples of Pokemon Tangrowth can wall for the first bullet point.
  • In Team Options, I would mention clerical partners, as they can remove status effects that cripple Tangrowth.
Offensive
  • As Sleep Powder isn't the focus of the set, I would mention it for the last or second last moveslots and removing the part about how it isn't the focus of the set, as it's unnecessary info at that point.
  • I would probably slash some physical moves on this set, since mixed offensive Tangrowth can be pretty threatening, for instance, Power Whip allows Tangrowth to bop would be switch-ins, such as Blissey, and Earthquake allows Tangrowth to hit Poison- and Ground-types for super effective damage while being very consistent (Focus Blast has some accuracy issues so if you want to prevent Lucario from setting up on a miss for example you'd use EQ).
  • Could probably mention Sludge Bomb somewhere, since it lets Tangrowth hit Grass-types for S/E damage.
  • In Set Details, I would change the EV spread and remove 4 Speed, since, if I'm not mistaken, we're suggested to not Speed creep Pokemon that Speed creep, so outspeeding uninvested base 60s should be the benchmark.
  • I would mention what Life Orb and Regenerator provide for the set in Set Details.
  • In Team Options, I would mention sweepers and cleaners, as they capitalize on Tangrowth's ability to punch holes in the opposing team.
  • I would also mention wallbreakers, as they can form good wallbreaking cores alongside Tangrowth.
Other Options
  • I would add Chlorophyll, Swords Dance, and Assault Vest.
Checks And Counters
  • I would mention status, since Toxic and Burn both cripple Tangrowth.
  • I would give examples for Special Attackers and Grass-types.
  • I would give wallbreakers a section.

The final move on the offensive set should be Hidden Power Ice, possibly slashed with Ancientpower mentioned in Moves as an additional option to hit Fire- and Flying-types with one mve. HP Fire doesn't really do all too much since Forretress is 2HKOd by Focus Blast and Mega Abomasnow is OHKOd after Rocks, Bronzong takes nothing from either, and Doublade takes over half from Leaf Storm. Hidden Power Ice is preferred to hit Flying (especially Salamence) and Grass-types. Order of the moves is fine since Sleep Powder is actually incredibly important on this set, letting you put something like Entei or Mega Aerodactyl to sleep and then following up with a powerful move. Knock Off can also be talked about in Moves as an option.

Set Details of this set should talk about Life Orb and Regenerator especially since they work very well together. I'd like Team Options to be expanded more, see what Kreme said. Set Details of the defensive set should include these as well (Set Details must include items, abilities, EVs, natures, and anything else unique about the set).

In Usage Tips of the first set, give specific examples of things it walls.

Regenerator also definitely needs to be mentioned in the intro since that's one of the main reasons to use Tangrowth.

Checks and Counters: give examples of stuff like Nidoqueen and Mega Abomasnow for special attackers. Also put special walls here, like Snorlax and Cresselia, as well as Mega Beedrill. Assault Vest in Other Options.

OK, I implemented most of the changes that Kreme recommended and implemented everything that dodmen said, just generally cleaned up the analysis and added a lot of pokemon into Team Options for both pokemon and clarified everything under Set Details for both sets. I think this is OK for QC now.

Alright last thing is to put Bug types along with Mega Beedrill as checks and counters. Heracross, Escavalier, Yanmega. QC 1/3!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Defensive Set
  • HP Ice and HP Fire would be worth a mention on the defensive set. The former for being able to hit Dragons, especially DD Mence, and the latter for preventing Overcoat Forry and Sub Cobalion from setting up. They're niche options but still should be there I think. HP Fire also hits stuff like Chesnaught and Rotom-C pretty hard.
  • Leaf Storm slashed with Giga Drain, the difference in power is very noticeable. For example Giga Drain barely does half to Mienshao, while Leaf Storm is almost a clean OHKO. It doesn't rely too much on Giga Drain's healing anyway thanks to Regenerator.
Offensive Set
  • Hidden Power Fire slashed with Focus Blast to hit Steels more reliably and nail Forry, and also Doublade who otherwise completely walls it.
Team Options
  • Slowking for both sets, it synergises extremely well defensively with Tangrowth and also packs Regenerator itself, so the two of them can be a very difficult core to break through.
  • Tangrowth really doesn't like Toxic Spikes as it severely limits its walling capability, and it's also vulnerable to all hazards. So spinners will make great partners, especially Tentacruel who synergises well with it defensively and absorbs Toxic Spikes.
  • The offensive set can also be devastating on Trick Room teams considering its great power and longevity with Regenerator.
Will give you a check once it's all implemented :) great work though, Tangrowth has so many options and you've done really well to cover most of them!

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since Trick Room setters are listed in the team options of the second set, I think mentioning an EV spread for Trick Room (along with 0 Speed IVs) in Set Details should be done. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe IronBullet wanted you to just mention HP Ice and HP Fire in Moves and not actually slash them on the set itself.

Since Trick Room setters are listed in the team options of the second set, I think mentioning an EV spread for Trick Room (along with 0 Speed IVs) in Set Details should be done. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe IronBullet wanted you to just mention HP Ice and HP Fire in Moves and not actually slash them on the set itself.
I'll mention a TR spread in the second set, but IB said that they were "worth a mention", so I assumed that meant to slash them as niche options on the set itself. I'll wait for confirmation from him though.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah for the defensive set I meant just a mention in Moves for HP Ice and HP Fire. Keep the slash for the offensive set, also I agree with Kreme's TR spread suggestion. Nice job QC 2/3

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Implemented, actually changed the phrase to "physical bulk" to ensure that Tangrowth's special defense isn't included in the "great defensive bulk" idea
I'll do a full check over the next day or two, promise.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • "Tangrowth earns a niche in UU with its great physical, typing" fix that and put Physical Bulk. You also mention its typing twice in the first two sentences. It's redundant.
  • "Sleep Powder is the most important move," please change this to "Sleep Powder is a vital move on this set,"
  • Please fix your plethora of grammatical errors in Moves of the first set prior to GP taking a look at this.
  • " A Relaxed nature is used when bothing Giga Drain and Knock Off are used, allowing Tangrowth to maximize damage output from both while keeping good physical bulk" first fix "both", and then include "to maximize damage output from both attacks, especially with Knock Off as it can secure an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock are up. A Relaxed nature also retains a good portion of defensive bulk."
  • In Usage Tips of the first set, mention that it's important that Tangrowth also stays healthy from status. This will probably lead into Team Options where you'll have to mention Status Absorbers or Clerics (which works fine as this supports Tangrowths god awful special defense.) Find a why to put this in. In fact, I see that you already mention Umbreon and Florges and their access to Cleric moves, so again just mention Tangrowth's fears in Usage Tips.
  • Please replace "like" with "such as" in every instance that you use it. GP will wreck you and simply make you do it anyways. Find all the "Like"s via cntrl+f.
  • Mention Donphan and Gligar as well for hazard control in Team Options, as you already mention Bulky Waters and just sound redundant.
  • You absolutely need to mention Chandelure in Team Options (for both sets) for being one of the few Pokemon that forces a Fire-Spam switch.
  • In the second set, please discuss the moves in the order you list them. This means that Sleep Powder should not be the first mention, but rather the final mention as a roundoff to complete the set.
Bouffalant is gonna follow up with his own check. Once you implement his comments and mine, 3/3.

Last edited:
yeah, king mentioned most points. the only thing i have to add is that you should mention how knock off from the offensive set KOs chandy after rocks with rash, which is p big considering how often chandy likes to switch into it if it sees tang at -2

• "Tangrowth earns a niche in UU with its great physical, typing" fix that and put Physical Bulk. You also mention its typing twice in the first two sentences. It's redundant.
  • "Sleep Powder is the most important move," please change this to "Sleep Powder is a vital move on this set,"
  • Please fix your plethora of grammatical errors in Moves of the first set prior to GP taking a look at this.
  • " A Relaxed nature is used when bothing Giga Drain and Knock Off are used, allowing Tangrowth to maximize damage output from both while keeping good physical bulk" first fix "both", and then include "to maximize damage output from both attacks, especially with Knock Off as it can secure an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock are up. A Relaxed nature also retains a good portion of defensive bulk."
  • In Usage Tips of the first set, mention that it's important that Tangrowth also stays healthy from status. This will probably lead into Team Options where you'll have to mention Status Absorbers or Clerics (which works fine as this supports Tangrowths god awful special defense.) Find a why to put this in. In fact, I see that you already mention Umbreon and Florges and their access to Cleric moves, so again just mention Tangrowth's fears in Usage Tips.
  • Please replace "like" with "such as" in every instance that you use it. GP will wreck you and simply make you do it anyways. Find all the "Like"s via cntrl+f.
  • Mention Donphan and Gligar as well for hazard control in Team Options, as you already mention Bulky Waters and just sound redundant.
  • You absolutely need to mention Chandelure in Team Options (for both sets) for being one of the few Pokemon that forces a Fire-Spam switch.
  • In the second set, please discuss the moves in the order you list them. This means that Sleep Powder should not be the first mention, but rather the final mention as a roundoff to complete the set.
Bouffalant is gonna follow up with his own check. Once you implement his comments and mine, 3/3.
yeah, king mentioned most points. the only thing i have to add is that you should mention how knock off from the offensive set KOs chandy after rocks with rash, which is p big considering how often chandy likes to switch into it if it sees tang at -2
Both of the above should be implemented. I changed a few things in the Moves section in the first set having to do with grammar that stuck out to me but I'm going to let GP look at the stuff that I missed there, and I replaced all the "likes" in the whole analysis.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 1/2
changing the "likes" was much appreciated ^_^
For some reason you have two spaces after each period rather than just one. Please fix those as well. I figure you could just find-and-replace ". " with ". "
[OVERVIEW]

Tangrowth earns a niche in UU with its great physical bulk and ability in Regenerator, which allows it to stay very healthy throughout the course of the match. Its pure Grass typing allows it to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the tier, including Feraligatr, Mega Swampert, and Krookodile. Tangrowth also has access to several great support moves, such as Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off, and has a naturally high Special Attack with a great offensive movepool. It also has naturally above-average Attack and has access to moves such as Knock Off, Power Whip, and Earthquake, which allows it to attack well from both spectrums both physically and specially. Unfortunately, it hits a very mediocre Speed tier, (RC) and is brought down by its below-average Special Defense, and its defensive typing, while allowing it to check certain Pokemon, leaves it vulnerable to many others. It also faces competition as a defensive Pokemon from by Chesnaught and Amoonguss; the former has, the former having better mixed defensive stats and typing, (AC) giving it natural resistances to Rock and Dark-type moves, (AC) and having has access to Spikes and Spiky Shield, and the latter has having access to Spore and a better defensive typing, giving it a key resistances to Fighting-type moves.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Sleep Powder is a vital move on this set, allowing Tangrowth to serves as a pivot that which can use Sleep Powder to easily support its teammates by immobilizing a foe Pokemon on the opposing side. Leech Seed provides a quick way to gain recovery and drain HP from foes the opponent, and is a great move to use when pivoting in and out of attackers Tangrowth can wall. However, Synthesis can be used over Leech Seed for a more direct recovery move and more substantial HP gain. Giga Drain is necessary to successfully beat Pokemon such as Mega Swampert, Feraligatr, and Krookodile, and it ensures that Tangrowth isn't setup fodder after it has put a Pokemon to sleep. Alternatively, Leaf Storm can be used over Giga Drain for a noticeable increase change in damage output, and it is necessary to score an OHKO on Feraligatr. Knock Off is a great utility move that removes items from both offensive and defensive Pokemon, and it works well in tandem with Leech Seed, (AC) as it can easily wear down defensive cores. In particular, Knock Off secures an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock is up. Toxic can be used over Knock Off for the same purpose, dealing substantial residual damage to opposing Pokemon, particularly when breaking down defensive cores. Protect can be used alongside in accordance with Leech Seed to scout for coverage moves and gain solid recovery. Hidden Power Ice and Hidden Power Fire, while niche, can be used, (AC) as Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types, Grass-types, and Flying-types that Tangrowth has trouble with and Hidden Power Fire serves as an option to hit Forretress and other Steel-types such as Cobalion.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment is used to maximize Tangrowth's naturally high physical bulk, allowing it to wall as many physical threats as possible. A Relaxed nature is used when running both Giga Drain and Knock Off in order to avoid decreasing the power of either move, and it also boosts Tangrowth's Defense. are used, allowing Tangrowth to maximize damage output from both attacks, especially with Knock Off as it can secure an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock are up. A Relaxed nature also retains a good portion of defensive bulk. However, this means that Tangrowth is outsped by base 45s Speed Pokemon such as Mega Ampharos. Alternatively, if Knock Off is not used, a Bold nature can be used to gain more speed and outrun base 45s Speed Pokemon. Leftovers is used for solid reliable recovery, keeping Tangrowth healthy throughout the course of the match alongside Regenerator. Regenerator is an excellent defensive ability, further enabling and is used to enable Tangrowth to stay even healthier healthy alongside Leftovers and Leech Seed or Synthesis.

Usage Tips
========

Tangrowth can repeatedly switch into and wall most physical threats that don't hit it super effectively, including Ground- and Water-types such as Mega Swampert, Krookodile, Mega Sharpedo, and Feraligatr, and weaker physical attackers that hit it neutrally it doesn't resist, such as Mienshao, Cobalion, Machamp, non-CBChoice Band Tyrantrum, and Virizion. Tangrowth should be used as a pivot in and out of these Pokemon, spreading Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and staying healthy with Regenerator. While Tangrowth does have great physical bulk, do not switch it in on physical threats that it can't wall, such as Entei, Mega Aerodactyl, and or Mega Abomasnow. It is also incredibly important that Tangrowth stays away healthy from status, as status can easily hinder Tangrowth's ability to do its job and severely damage its longevity survivability.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune or and Swampert, pair well with Tangrowth, (AC) as they can take Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth and Tangrowth resists both Electric and Grass; Tangrowth also can support them with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed support and resists both Electric and Grass-type attacks. Slowking earns a special mention because it forms a Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Special walls, such as Umbreon and Florges, are good partners for Tangrowth, (AC) as they can help patch up its meager Special Defense. Pokemon that can take Flying-type attacks, such as Bronzong or and Mega Aerodactyl, are good partners, (AC) as Tangrowth has trouble with Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot, (AC) and Moltres. Pokemon that can punish Grass-types, such as Entei, Mega Pidgeot, and Salamence, are appreciated because since most Grass-types can switch in for free on this Tangrowth set. Clerics, such as the aforementioned Florges and Umbreon, are great partners, (AC) as status conditions can wear down Tangrowth and prevent it from pivoting in and out of physical attackers as well as possible. Hazard removers, Entry hazards severely limit Tangrowth's effectiveness and longevity, so spinners and Defoggers such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Donphan, Empoleon, Mega Blastoise, Donphan, or and Gligar can be good partners to remove hazards them for Tangrowth, which severely limits its effectiveness and longetivity. Finally, Chandelure is a notable partner, (AC) as it can punish Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is a nuke, a 130 Base Power STAB move that which does heavy damage to even the sturdiest of Pokemon in the metagame. Giga Drain can be used over Leaf Storm to hit with less immediate power but without the drawback of dropping Tangrowth's Special Attack, and it helps Tangrowth stay more healthy in tandem with Regenerator. Focus Blast is the best coverage move Tangrowth has, allowing it to break Steel-types such as Mega Aggron and Empoleon and providing good neutral coverage with its Grass-type STAB move. Alternatively, Hidden Power Fire is an option over Focus Blast as a more reliable option to hit Steel-types, notably OHKOing Forretress, (RC) and 2HKOing Doublade, although it is noticeably weaker than Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice is the best move in the last slot, hitting Flying-, Dragon-, and Grass-types. Ancient Power is an option over Hidden Power Ice, hitting the aforementioned Flying-types while also hitting Fire-types such as Entei, Arcanine, and Darmanitan. Knock Off removes is a third option in the last slot, removing items from sturdy defensive Pokemon and hits hitting Pokemon such as Doublade and Chandelure, although a Rash nature should be used over a Modest nature if Knock Off is used, (AC) as it guarantees an OHKO on Chandelure with Knock Off. Lastly, Sleep Powder is a great move both offensively and defensively, allowing Tangrowth to immobilize would-be switch-ins and receive free turns to fire off powerful Life Orb-boosted attacks.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment is maxed with a Modest nature to maximizes damage output, while the given Speed EVs let Tangrowth outspeed creep uninvested base 60s Speed Pokemon. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP to maximize Tangrowth's good physical bulk. However, if Knock Off is used, Tangrowth should use a Rash nature over Modest. Alternatively, if Trick Room support is given by its teammates, Tangrowth can run a spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpDef, with a Quiet nature, since as Tangrowth will no longer need to run Speed investment. A Life Orb is used in tandem with its the EV spread to maximize damage output, (RC) and works very well with Regenerator, as Regenerator can help to neutralize Life Orb recoil. Regenerator also keeps Tangrowth very healthy throughout the course of the match.

Usage Tips
========

This Tangrowth set doubles as a pivot and a wallbreaker; try to switch it in on Pokemon it can easily take hits from, such as Krookodile and Mega Swampert, and use them to do significant damage to the opponent's team. For Pokemon that these moves can't break, such as Florges and Crobat, try to use Sleep Powder to immobilize them and make it easier for Tangrowth to break holes through defensive cores. Note that this Tangrowth set is significantly less bulky than defensive variants, so it doesn't wall as many threats as the defensive set.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can deal with Grass-types, such as Mega Pidgeot or and Infernape, are greatly appreciated, (AC) as this set struggles to break through them and Pokemon such as Roserade can use this set as a free switch-in. Clerics, such as Florges, Umbreon, or and Vaporeon, are useful as they can provide Wish and Heal Bell support for Tangrowth, allowing it to stay more healthy. Speed control, such as Thunder Wave or Tailwind, from Pokemon such as Suicune, Whimsicott, or Slowking is appreciated, (AC) as Tangrowth is very slow and has to rely on its bulk and resistances to get off attacks. Dedicated cleaners, such as Mega Sharpedo, Yanmega, and Lucario, (AC) benefit from Tangrowth's wallbreaking capacities, as it can weaken defensive Pokemon with strong attacks and immobilize them with Sleep Powder. Wallbreakers, such as Heracross, Entei, and Mamoswine, are great partners for Tangrowth, (AC) as they can form a wallbreaking core to break defensive teams. Slowking can form a Regenerator core with Tangrowth, (AC) and serves as a switch-in to many of the Pokemon that revenge kill it, such as Entei, Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Pidgeot, while also providing and provides Thunder Wave support. Entry hazard removers, such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Gligar, or and Donphan, (AC) can remove Toxic Spikes and other hazards, (AC) for Tangrowth which severely limit its Tangrowth's capabilities. Trick Room setters, such as the aforementioned Slowking, work well with Tangrowth, (AC) as Trick Room it patches up Tangrowth's meager Speed, and Tangrowth can be a great wallbreaker under Trick Room with its powerful attacks, (RC) alongside Regenerator. Finally, Chandelure is a great teammate, (AC) as it can pressure Fire-types such as Entei and Darmanitan.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Tangrowth can run a physically attacking set with Power Whip, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, (AC) and Knock Off to lure in and KO many of the checks to its specially attacking set, but the specially attacking set is generally preferred. (because?) Tangrowth can utilize Stun Spore on the defensive set to slow down fast attackers on the opposing team, but Leech Seed is generally preferred. (because?) Assault Vest can be used to patch up Tangrowth's low Special Defense and can be used to let Tangrowth better check Water-types such as Suicune and Electric-types such as Heliolisk and Rotom-C; it works especially well Mow, alongside Regenerator.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Special Attackers**: Tangrowth is extremely lacking in Special Defense specially defensively, so any strong special attackers will have no issue breaking through its paper-thin Special Defense. Examples include Nidoqueen, Mega Abomasnow, Chandelure, and Kyurem.

**Fire-types**: Tangrowth has issues breaking Fire-types and is OHKOed by all of them barring defensive Arcanine, although they all have to watch out for Sleep Powder and, excluding Infernape, Ancient Power. and Chandelure also doesn't want to take a Knock Off, and all of them except for Infernape have to watch out for Ancient Power from the offensive set.

**Flying-types**: Offensive Flying-types, such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl, Honchkrow, (AC) and Crobat, (AC) shrug off damage from Leaf Storm and Focus Blast, (AC) and most OHKO Tangrowth in return, although they have to watch out for Sleep Powder, and most of them have to watch out for Ancient Power or Hidden Power Ice from the offensive set.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types absorb Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and the rare Stun Spore, take little to no damage from Giga Drain and Leaf Storm, and can only be hit by Hidden Power Fire.

**Bug-types**: Mega Beedrill and Yanmega shrug off any attack barring Ancient Power and threaten to 2HKO or OHKO, (AC) respectively, while Escavalier takes little to no damage from any of Tangrowth's attacks, Tangrowth may use and avoids Sleep Powder with Overcoat, and can threaten threatening to OHKO with a Choice Band-boosted Megahorn. Heracross has to watch out for Sleep Powder but can take any attack and easily OHKO with Megahorn.

**Special Walls**: Snorlax, Blissey, (AC) and Cresselia can wall specially attacking sets the Special set, as they take taking less than half from Leaf Storm and all commonly carrying recovery moves to easily shrug off damage. However, these Pokemon aren't as much of an issue for to the tank set.

**Status Users**: Toxic and burn damage can easily wear down Tangrowth, especially the offensive sets, and can stop it from doing its job as well as it possibly can.

Last edited:

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove

Comment

[OVERVIEW]

Tangrowth earns a niche in UU with its great physical bulk and ability Regenerator, which allows it to stay very healthy throughout the course of the match. Its pure Grass typing allows it to check some of the strongest physical attackers in the tier, including Feraligatr, Mega Swampert, and Krookodile. Tangrowth also has access to several great support moves, such as Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off, and has a naturally high Special Attack stat with a great offensive movepool. It also has naturally above-average Attack and has access to moves such as Knock Off, Power Whip, and Earthquake, which allows it to attack both physically and specially. Unfortunately, it hits a very mediocre Speed tier and is brought down by its below-average Special Defense, and its defensive typing, while allowing it to check certain Pokemon, leaves it vulnerable to many others. It also faces competition as a defensive Pokemon from Chesnaught and Amoonguss; the former has better mixed defensive stats and typing, giving it natural resistances to Rock and Dark, and has access to Spikes and Spiky Shield, and the latter has access to Spore and a better defensive typing, giving it a key notable resistance to Fighting-type moves.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Tangrowth serves as a pivot that which that can use Sleep Powder to easily support its teammates by immobilizing a foe. Leech Seed provides a quick way to gain recovery and drain HP from foes and is a great move to use when pivoting in and out of attackers that Tangrowth can wall. However, Synthesis can be used over Leech Seed for a more direct recovery move and more substantial HP gain. Giga Drain is necessary to successfully beat Pokemon such as Mega Swampert, Feraligatr, and Krookodile, and it ensures that Tangrowth isn't setup fodder after it has put a Pokemon to sleep. Alternatively, Leaf Storm can be used over Giga Drain for a noticeable increase in damage output, and it is necessary to score an OHKO on Feraligatr. Knock Off is a great utility move that removes items from both offensive and defensive Pokemon, and it works well in tandem with Leech Seed, as it can easily wear down defensive cores. In particular, Knock Off secures an OHKO against Chandelure when Stealth Rock is up. Toxic can be used over Knock Off, dealing substantial residual damage to opposing Pokemon, particularly when breaking down defensive cores. Protect can be used alongside Leech Seed to scout for coverage moves and gain solid recovery. Hidden Power Ice and Hidden Power Fire, while niche, can be used, as Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types, Grass-types, and Flying-types that Tangrowth has trouble with and Hidden Power Fire serves as an option to hit Forretress and other Steel-types such as Cobalion.

Set Details
========

Maximum HP and Defense investment is used to maximize Tangrowth's naturally high physical bulk, allowing it to wall as many physical threats as possible. A Relaxed nature is used when running both Giga Drain and Knock Off in order to avoid decreasing the power of either move, and it also boosts Tangrowth's Defense. However, this means that Tangrowth is outsped by base 45 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Ampharos. Alternatively, if Knock Off is not used, a Bold nature can be used to outrun base 45 Speed Pokemon. Leftovers is used for solid reliable recovery, keeping Tangrowth healthy throughout the course of the match alongside Regenerator. Regenerator is an excellent defensive ability, further enabling Tangrowth to stay healthy alongside Leftovers and either Leech Seed or Synthesis.

Usage Tips
========

Tangrowth can repeatedly switch into and wall most physical threats that don't hit it super effectively, including Ground- and Water-types such as Mega Swampert, Krookodile, Mega Sharpedo, and Feraligatr, and weaker physical attackers that hit it neutrally, such as Mienshao, Cobalion, Machamp, non-Choice Band Tyrantrum, and Virizion. Tangrowth should pivot in and out of these Pokemon, spreading Leech Seed and Sleep Powder and staying healthy with Regenerator. While Tangrowth does have great physical bulk, do not switch it in on physical threats that it can't wall, such as Entei, Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Abomasnow. It is also incredibly important that Tangrowth stays away from status ailments, as status which can easily hinder Tangrowth's ability to do its job and severely damage its longevity.

Team Options
========

Bulky Water-types, such as Suicune and Swampert, pair well with Tangrowth, as they can take Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth and Tangrowth resists both Electric and Grass; Tangrowth can also can support them with Sleep Powder and Leech Seed. Slowking earns a special mention because it forms a Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Special walls, such as Umbreon and Florges (Because you mention them again, pick some other ones.), are good partners for Tangrowth, as they can help patch up its meager Special Defense. Pokemon that can take Flying-type attacks, such as Bronzong and Mega Aerodactyl, are good partners, as Tangrowth has trouble with Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot, and Moltres. Pokemon that can punish Grass-types, such as Entei, Mega Pidgeot, and Salamence, are appreciated because most Grass-types can switch in for free on this Tangrowth set. Clerics, such as the aforementioned Florges and Umbreon, are great partners, as status conditions can wear down Tangrowth and prevent it from pivoting in and out of physical attackers as well as possible. Entry hazards severely limit Tangrowth's effectiveness and longevity, so spinners and Defoggers such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Donphan, Empoleon, and Gligar can be good partners to remove them for Tangrowth. Finally, Chandelure is a notable partner, as it can punish Fire-type attacks aimed at Tangrowth.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Leaf Storm is a nuke, a 130 Base Power STAB move that does deals heavy damage to even the sturdiest of Pokemon in the metagame. Giga Drain can be used over Leaf Storm to hit with less power but without the drawback of dropping Tangrowth's Special Attack, and it helps Tangrowth stay more healthy in tandem with Regenerator. Focus Blast is the best coverage move Tangrowth has, allowing it to break Steel-types such as Mega Aggron and Empoleon and providing good neutral coverage with its Grass-type STAB move. Hidden Power Fire is an option over Focus Blast as a more reliable option to hit Steel-types,(space)notably OHKOing Forretress and 2HKOing Doublade, although it is noticeably weaker than Focus Blast. Hidden Power Ice is the best move in the last slot, hitting Flying-, Dragon-, and Grass-types. Ancient Power is an option over Hidden Power Ice, hitting the aforementioned retaining coverage against Flying-types while also hitting Fire-types such as Entei, Arcanine, and Darmanitan. Knock Off removes items from sturdy defensive Pokemon and hits Pokemon such as Doublade and Chandelure, although a Rash nature should be used over a Modest nature if Knock Off is used, as it guarantees an OHKO on Chandelure with Knock Off. Lastly, Sleep Powder is a great move both offensively and defensively, allowing Tangrowth to immobilize would-be switch-ins and receive free turns to fire off launch powerful Life Orb-boosted attacks.

Set Details
========

Full Special Attack investment with a Modest nature to maximizes Tangrowth's damage output, while the given Speed EVs let Tangrowth outspeed uninvested base 60s Speed Pokemon. The rest of the EVs are dumped placed into HP to maximize Tangrowth's good physical bulk. However, if Knock Off is used, Tangrowth should use a Rash nature over Modest. Alternatively, if Trick Room support is given by its teammates, Tangrowth can run a spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD with a Quiet nature, as Tangrowth will no longer need to run Speed investment. A Life Orb is used in tandem with the EV spread to maximize Tangrowth's damage output and works very well with Regenerator, as Regenerator can help to neutralize Life Orb recoil. Regenerator also keeps Tangrowth very healthy throughout the course of the match.

Usage Tips
========

This Tangrowth set doubles as a pivot and a wallbreaker; try to switch it in on Pokemon it can easily take hits from, such as Krookodile and Mega Swampert, and use them to do deal significant damage to the opponent's team. For Pokemon that these moves can't break, such as Florges and Crobat, try to use Sleep Powder to immobilize them and make it easier for Tangrowth to break holes through defensive cores. Note that this Tangrowth set is significantly less bulky than defensive variants, so it doesn't wall as many threats.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can deal with Grass-types, such as Mega Pidgeot and (RIP in pieces) Infernape, are greatly appreciated, as this set struggles to break through them, (AC) and Pokemon such as Roserade can use this set as to gain a free switch-in. Clerics, such as Florges, Umbreon, and Vaporeon, can provide Wish and Heal Bell support for Tangrowth, allowing it to stay healthy. Speed control, such as Thunder Wave or Tailwind, from Pokemon such as Suicune, Whimsicott, or and Slowking is appreciated, as Tangrowth is very slow and has to rely on its bulk and resistances to get off use attacks. Dedicated cleaners, such as Mega Sharpedo, Yanmega, and Lucario, benefit from Tangrowth's wallbreaking capacities capabilities, as it can weaken defensive Pokemon with strong attacks and immobilize them with Sleep Powder. Wallbreakers, such as Heracross, Entei, and Mamoswine, are great partners for Tangrowth, as they can form a wallbreaking core to break down defensive teams. Slowking can form a Regenerator core with Tangrowth, serves as a switch-in to many of the Pokemon that revenge kill it, such as Entei, (RC) and Mega Aerodactyl, and Mega Pidgeot, and provides Thunder Wave support. Entry hazard removers, such as Tentacruel, Mega Blastoise, Gligar, and Donphan, can remove Toxic Spikes and other entry hazards, which severely limit Tangrowth's capabilities. Trick Room setters, such as the aforementioned Slowking (pick something else), work well with Tangrowth, as Trick Room patches up Tangrowth's meager Speed, and Tangrowth can be a great wallbreaker under Trick Room with its powerful attacks alongside Regenerator. Finally, Chandelure is a great teammate, as it can pressure Fire-types such as Entei and Darmanitan.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Tangrowth can run a physically attacking set with Power Whip, Earthquake, Sleep Powder, and Knock Off to lure in and KO many of the checks to its specially attacking set, but the specially attacking set is generally preferred. Tangrowth can utilize Stun Spore on the defensive set to slow down fast attackers on the opposing team, but Leech Seed is generally preferred. Assault Vest can be used to patch up Tangrowth's low Special Defense and let Tangrowth better check Water-types such as Suicune and Electric-types such as Heliolisk and Rotom-C; it works especially well alongside Regenerator.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Special Attackers**: Tangrowth is extremely lacking in Special Defense, so any strong special attackers will have no issue breaking through its paper-thin Special Defense. Examples include Nidoqueen, Mega Abomasnow, Chandelure, and Kyurem.

**Fire-types**: Tangrowth has issues breaking Fire-types and is OHKOed by all of them barring defensive Arcanine, although they all have to watch out for Sleep Powder and, excluding Infernape, Ancient Power. Chandelure also doesn't want to take a Knock Off.

**Flying-types**: Offensive Flying-types, such as Mega Pidgeot, Mega Aerodactyl, Honchkrow, and Crobat, shrug off damage from Leaf Storm and Focus Blast, and most of them OHKO Tangrowth in return, although they have to watch out for Sleep Powder, and most of them have to watch out for Ancient Power or and Hidden Power Ice.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types absorb Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, and the rare Stun Spore, take little to no damage from Giga Drain and Leaf Storm, and can only be hit by Hidden Power Fire (what about Ice?).

**Bug-types**: Mega Beedrill and Yanmega shrug off any attack barring Ancient Power and threaten to 2HKO or OHKO Tangrowth, respectively, while Escavalier takes little to no damage from any of Tangrowth's attacks, avoids Sleep Powder with Overcoat, and can threaten to OHKO it with a Choice Band-boosted Megahorn. Heracross has to watch out for Sleep Powder, (AC) but it can take any attack and easily OHKOes Tangrowth with Megahorn.

**Special Walls**: Snorlax, Blissey, and Cresselia can wall specially attacking sets, as they take lose less than half of their HP from Leaf Storm and commonly carry recovery moves to easily shrug off damage. However, these Pokemon aren't as much of an issue for to the tank set.

**Status Users**: Toxic and burn damage can easily wear down Tangrowth, especially offensive sets, and can stop it from doing its job as well as it possibly can.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)