Not open for further replies.

rubsomebacononit

I was cringe and annoying when I was on smogon RIP
is a Contributor Alumnus
Approval by: Galbia
QC: Raiza / scorpdestroyer / Galbia
GP: Malley / Snobalt

[OVERVIEW]

Weepinbell's decent Special Attack stat and decent coverage allow it to perform as a terrifying sun sweeper. Weepinbell also has access to Sleep Powder, allowing it to cripple bulky switch-ins such as Grumpig. However, Weepinbell is extremely frail, making it vulnerable to priority from Pokemon such as Piloswine, and making it difficult for it to set up Growth. It also faces competition from Tangela, which has better bulk. Weepinbell's low Speed stat outside of Chlorophyll means that it only fits on sun teams, as it relies on sun to sweep, and even with sun up it is outsped by common Choice Scarf users such as Mr. Mime, Dodrio, and Sawsbuck.

[SET]
name: Sweepinbell (Sun Sweeper)
move 1: Solar Beam
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Weather Ball
move 4: Sleep Powder
item: Life Orb
ability: Chlorophyll
nature: Modest
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Solar Beam allows Weepinbell to hit Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Stunfisk, and it is Weepinbell's most spammable move, hitting most targets for solid damage. Sludge Bomb allows Weepinbell to hit Grass-types that resist Solar Beam, such as Tangela and Leafeon, for super effective damage, and Fire-types, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, for neutral damage, and it is also Weepinbell's only attack that works outside of sun. Weather Ball allows Weepinbell to hit Roselia and Steel-types such as Pawniard and Klang for super effective damage when sun is up. Sleep Powder puts specially defensive walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky to sleep, allowing Weepinbell to 2HKO or 3HKO them more easily, and it also allows Weepinbell to deal with Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard and Golem. Growth is an option over Sleep Powder so that Weepinbell can sweep more easily and get past special walls such as Grumpig, but it finds it hard to set up Growth because of its low bulk.

Set Details
========

This EV spread combined with a Modest nature maximizes Weepinbell's sweeping abilities and allows it to outspeed as much as possible during sun. Chlorophyll is the chosen ability in order for Weepinbell to outspeed threats during sun. Life Orb maximizes Weepinbell's damage output and allows it to hit as hard as possible, but it comes at a cost of being more vulnerable to priority users such as Piloswine due to recoil.

Usage Tips
========

Weepinbell should not be attempting to sweep outside of sun, as it is very slow outside of it, and it should only be switching in on Grass-type attacks, Toxic, or on free switches. Weepinbell is great for breaking walls early- to mid-game, but it is also useful for cleaning up late-game. If Weepinbell has Sleep Powder, it should use it on special walls that it has trouble getting past, such as Lickilicky, or on Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard. If Weepinbell has Growth, it should set up on Pokemon that cannot do much to it, such as Tangela and Roselia. Weepinbell also should be wary of faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and strong priority attacks from Pokemon such as Piloswine, as they can deal quite a bit of damage to Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack.

Team Options
========

Weepinbell should only be used on sun teams, as it relies on Chlorophyll to sweep. A sun setter, such as Onix or Golem, is absolutely mandatory to provide Stealth Rock and sun support in order for Weepinbell to sweep. Volbeat provides both Sunny Day support and a slow U-turn in order to get Weepinbell safely on the field. Other Chlorophyll users, such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, pair well with Weepinbell and appreciate Weepinbell's ability to breaking through walls to help them sweep late-game. Fire-types, such as Rapidash and Ninetales, benefit from the sun and can switch into Fire-type attacks if necessary. A Pokemon that can check Jumpluff, such as Zebstrika, is beneficial, as Chlorophyll Jumpluff threatens to outspeed and KO Weepinbell with Acrobatics.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A mixed attacking set could work, but it is outclassed by Simisage, which is faster outside of sun and has a more powerful STAB move in Leaf Storm. Eviolite allows Weepinbell to tank hits and to set up a Growth more easily, but it loses out on power. Giga Drain is an option for recovery, but it is significantly weaker than Solar Beam. Knock Off allows Weepinbell to hit Psychic-types such as Grumpig and to remove Eviolite from Pokemon such as Zweilous and Vullaby, but it is generally better off with its coverage options. Sucker Punch has priority and allows Weepinbell to pick off frail Pokemon such as Kadabra, but it is very weak and has little use outside of that. Synthesis is an option for reliable recovery, as Weepinbell is easily worn down by Life Orb recoil, but it means that Weepinbell misses out on a coverage move. Substitute allows Weepinbell to avoid status such as burn and paralysis, but it wears it down even more when combined with Life Orb recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Sleep Absorbers**: Pokemon that can absorb sleep, such as Hypno, Vullaby, and Vigoroth, are able to switch in on a predicted Sleep Powder, although the latter cannot switch in on Solar Beam, as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage. Quilladin is immune to Sleep Powder due to its Grass typing, is immune to both Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb because of Bulletproof, and can set up Spikes on Weepinbell while healing itself with Synthesis. However, they all hate being crippled by Knock Off.

**Bulky Walls**: Bulky walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky are able to tank Weepinbell's attacks and can phaze it with Whirlwind and Dragon Tail, respectively, if it carries Growth. Grumpig can also cripple Weepinbell with Thunder Wave. However, they both hate being crippled by Sleep Powder. Zweilous can absorb sleep thanks to Sleep Talkand can weaken Weepinbell with the combination of Dragon Tail and Crunch.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and Dodrio, are able to outspeed Weepinbell and KO it with their respective STAB moves. Sawsbuck can switch in on Sleep Powder thanks to Sap Sipper and can KO Weepinbell with Double Edge. Snow Warning Aurorus can remove Weepinbell's sun and KO it with Blizzard. Jumpluff also has Chlorophyll to outspeed Weepinbell and can KO it with Acrobatics.

**Priority Users**: Although they can't switch in, strong priority attackers such as Piloswine and Dusknoir are able to severely cripple Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack, with the former having Ice Shard and the latter having Shadow Sneak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
[OVERVIEW]
it does face competition as a special sweeper in sun
i wouldn't mention roselia as a special wall to break, as it takes a lot by weather ball anyway
mention it doesn't have utility on teams that aren't dedicated sun
mention it is really really frail, making it an easy target for priority users too
mention it finds difficulty to set up a growth anyway

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
mention sleep powder is also useful do deal with the likes of sucker punch users
mention growth is needed specifically to deal with special walls that switch into this

Set Details
========
mention life orb recoil can be annoying as it cna put weepinbell in range of priority users
mention weepinbell can also get a free switch on the suicide lead's explosion
''Weepinbell should focus on putting the opponent to sleep with Sleep Powder'' this doesn't have much sense alone, just say that it should sleep powder against things that threaten it such as special walls and sucker punch users

Team Options
========
mention this can be used only on sun teams
mention that Pokemon such as onix and golem also set up stealth rock which are highly appreciated by weepinbell
mention pokemon that can bring it safely onto field
mention Pokemon that appreciate Weepinbell's wallbreaking abilities

rubsomebacononit qc 1/3

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
[OVERVIEW]
it does face competition as a special sweeper in sun
i wouldn't mention roselia as a special wall to break, as it takes a lot by weather ball anyway
mention it doesn't have utility on teams that aren't dedicated sun
mention it is really really frail, making it an easy target for priority users too
mention it finds difficulty to set up a growth anyway

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
mention sleep powder is also useful do deal with the likes of sucker punch users
mention growth is needed specifically to deal with special walls that switch into this

Set Details
========
mention life orb recoil can be annoying as it cna put weepinbell in range of priority users
mention weepinbell can also get a free switch on the suicide lead's explosion
''Weepinbell should focus on putting the opponent to sleep with Sleep Powder'' this doesn't have much sense alone, just say that it should sleep powder against things that threaten it such as special walls and sucker punch users

Team Options
========
mention this can be used only on sun teams
mention that Pokemon such as onix and golem also set up stealth rock which are highly appreciated by weepinbell
mention pokemon that can bring it safely onto field
mention Pokemon that appreciate Weepinbell's wallbreaking abilities

rubsomebacononit qc 1/3
ok did, ready for 2nd check

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Giga Drain really worth a slash? Weepinbell should never be used outside of a sun team anyway and it can use Sludge Bomb; Giga Drain is really kind of weak.

Likewise, I doubt Growth is worth a slot since Weepinbell hardly finds the time to set it up and it would usually prefer Sleep Powder to also help it get the 2HKOs it need. Thoughts?

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Yeah, we discussed with other QC Members and decided that Giga Drain has to be moved to OO, and Growth has to be moved to moves, reasoning above.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
- try to focus a bit less on Growth since it's no longer a slash
- mention that it has competition from Tangela which is bulkier, but Weepinbell has better coverage

Moves:
- mention that Solarbeam is the most spammable move on the set
- when mentioning Sleep Powder talk about how it helps Weepinbell grab the 2-3HKO it needs on bulkier foes
- talk a bit about Growth's drawbacks: Weepinbell rarely finds the chance to set it up

Other Options:
- toxic should probably be removed because it really only hits quill and doesn't really fit on sun HO

good job rubsomebacononit QC 2/3

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
Overview:
- try to focus a bit less on Growth since it's no longer a slash
- mention that it has competition from Tangela which is bulkier, but Weepinbell has better coverage

Moves:
- mention that Solarbeam is the most spammable move on the set
- when mentioning Sleep Powder talk about how it helps Weepinbell grab the 2-3HKO it needs on bulkier foes
- talk a bit about Growth's drawbacks: Weepinbell rarely finds the chance to set it up

Other Options:
- toxic should probably be removed because it really only hits quill and doesn't really fit on sun HO

good job rubsomebacononit QC 2/3
Thanks, I'm gonna write this now

"Weepinbell's solid Special Attack stat combined with Chlorophyll allow Weepinbell to act as a terrifying Sun sweeper."
Reword this since its special attack is pretty average but its high powered moves let it be strong

"In addition to this, its combination of Sleep Powder and decent coverage allow it to hit the majority of the tier for at least neutral damage."
change the second phrase since sleep powder doesnt add coverage to weepinbell but just lets it cripple somethign that can take a hit

"Weepinbell also has access to Growth, which allows it to break through special walls such as Zweilous with ease."
growth is more to capitalize on chain switching and making it hard to stall out. also zweilous, really?

Remove "thanks to eviolite" since its really just bulkier full stop

"A Jolly nature is an alternative to outspeed threats such as Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Torterra at +2."
*timid

"should be pivoted in by a U-turn or Explosion."
just reword this part saying that you cant switch this into anything but toxic and grass type attacks or on a free switch such as after golem explodes

"Weepinbell is good early- to mid-game thanks to its ability to break through walls"
i would also say it has a lot of end game value since with rocks + some more offense rlly struggle to take it on

Add a line to usage tips mentioning to sleep powder Sucker Punch users

tag me when you implement this and ill check

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
"Weepinbell's solid Special Attack stat combined with Chlorophyll allow Weepinbell to act as a terrifying Sun sweeper."
Reword this since its special attack is pretty average but its high powered moves let it be strong

"In addition to this, its combination of Sleep Powder and decent coverage allow it to hit the majority of the tier for at least neutral damage."
change the second phrase since sleep powder doesnt add coverage to weepinbell but just lets it cripple somethign that can take a hit

"Weepinbell also has access to Growth, which allows it to break through special walls such as Zweilous with ease."
growth is more to capitalize on chain switching and making it hard to stall out. also zweilous, really?

Remove "thanks to eviolite" since its really just bulkier full stop

"A Jolly nature is an alternative to outspeed threats such as Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Torterra at +2."
*timid

"should be pivoted in by a U-turn or Explosion."
just reword this part saying that you cant switch this into anything but toxic and grass type attacks or on a free switch such as after golem explodes

"Weepinbell is good early- to mid-game thanks to its ability to break through walls"
i would also say it has a lot of end game value since with rocks + some more offense rlly struggle to take it on

Add a line to usage tips mentioning to sleep powder Sucker Punch users

tag me when you implement this and ill check
ok done

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking through this i can see a great improvement :)

Im not going to stamp this bc galbia is + idk if i have used it enough post vic ban;

Firstly in the overview there is no reason to mention growth as it is no longer on the set. I dont think you can compare it to saws/leaf as no sun team would use just both.

In moves it should be mentioned that sludge bomb is its only attack to work outside of sun

In SD i dont think timid is worth mentioning as scarf rotom is rare, and rp tort is also rare and will get fucked by other sun sweepers (not to mention that it probably wont even try to set up vs other sun). Idk if there are other important benchmarks for timid, but i dont think those two are worth it.

In TO when you talk about 'A second Chlorophyll user', change it to 'Other Chlorophyll users' as running 3 is totally viable

c&c:
In sleep absorbers, vig cannot switch in as it is 2hko'd after rocks - also vullaby is a viable sleep absorber counter due to overcoat

rubsomebacononit

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
Looking through this i can see a great improvement :)

Im not going to stamp this bc galbia is + idk if i have used it enough post vic ban;

Firstly in the overview there is no reason to mention growth as it is no longer on the set. I dont think you can compare it to saws/leaf as no sun team would use just both.

In moves it should be mentioned that sludge bomb is its only attack to work outside of sun

In SD i dont think timid is worth mentioning as scarf rotom is rare, and rp tort is also rare and will get fucked by other sun sweepers (not to mention that it probably wont even try to set up vs other sun). Idk if there are other important benchmarks for timid, but i dont think those two are worth it.

In TO when you talk about 'A second Chlorophyll user', change it to 'Other Chlorophyll users' as running 3 is totally viable

c&c:
In sleep absorbers, vig cannot switch in as it is 2hko'd after rocks - also vullaby is a viable sleep absorber counter due to overcoat

rubsomebacononit
Galbia posted 3 out of 3 before you posted lol, like 2 minutes before you. But I will implement your changes

Edit: done

Last edited:

Malley

Dominachu
Add
Remove/Change
Comment
(AC) = Add Comma, (RC) = Remove Comma, (AH) = Add Hyphen, etc.

[OVERVIEW]
Find + Replace "Sun" with "sun" unless at beginning of a sentence

Weepinbell's average Special Attack stat combined with and (Avoids awkwardness with the person of "allow" - the other option is to change "allow" to "allows") decent coverage allow it to perform as a terrifying S sun sweeper. Weepinbell also has access to Sleep Powder, allowing it to cripple bulky switch-(AH)ins, (RH) such as Grumpig. However, Weepinbell is extremely frail, making it vulnerable to priority from Pokemon such as Piloswine, and makes making it difficult for it to set up a Growth. It also faces competition from Tangela, which has better bulk. Weepinbell's low Speed stat outside of Chlorophyll means that it only fits on Sun teams, as it relies on Sun to sweep, and even with Sun up it is outspeed outsped by common threats, (RC) such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, Dodrio, and Sawsbuck.

[SET]
name: Sun Sweeper

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Solar Beam allows Weepinbell to hit the likes of Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Stunfisk, and is Weepinbell's most spammable move, hitting most targets for solid damage. Sludge Bomb allows Weepinbell to hit Grass-types that resist Solar Beam, such as Tangela and Leafeon, for super effective damage, and Fire-types, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, for neutral damage, and is also Weepinbell's only attack to work that works outside of Sun. Weather Ball allows Weepinbell to hit Roselia and Steel-types, (RC) such as Pawniard and Klang, (RC) for super effective damage when sun is up. Sleep Powder puts specially defensive walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky to sleep, such as Grumpig and Lickilicky, (RC) allowing it to 2HKO or 3HKO them more easily, and allows Weepinbell to deal with Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard and Golem. Growth is an option over Sleep Powder so Weepinbell can sweep more easily and to get past special walls such as Grumpig, but it finds it hard to set up a Growth because of its low bulk.

Set Details
========

This EV spread combined with a Modest nature maximises Weepinbell's sweeping abilities and allows it to outspeed as much as possible during Sun. Chlorophyll is the chosen ability in order for Weepinbell to outspeed its threats during sun. Life Orb maximises Weepinbell's damage output and allows it to hit as hard as possible, but it comes at a cost of being more vulnerable to priority users such as Piloswine thanks It is not positive due to recoil.

Usage Tips
========

Weepinbell should not be attempting to sweep outside of sun, as it is very slow outside of it, and should only be switching in on Grass-type attacks, a predicted Toxic, or on a free switches in from a Pokemon such as Golem Unclear what this means. As in when lead Golem has used Explosion? I would remove everything after "switches", as free switches can come about in so many different ways. Weepinbell is great for breaking walls early- to mid-game, but it is also useful for cleaning up late-game. If Weepinbell has Sleep Powder, it should use it on special walls that it has trouble getting past, such as Lickilicky, or on Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard. If Weepinbell has Growth, it should set up a Growth on Pokemon that cannot do much to it, such as Tangela and Roselia. Weepinbell also should be wary of faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, (RC) as they can outspeed Weepinbell, (RC) This is unnecessary when you are already talking about "faster Pokemon" and strong priority attacks from Pokemon such as Piloswine, as they can deal quite a bit of damage to Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack.

Team Options
========

Weepinbell should only be used on sun teams, as it is relies on Chlorophyll to sweep. A sun setter, such as Onix and or Golem, is absolutely mandatory to provide Stealth Rock support and Leave this if I'm wrong, but surely the sun setter doesn't also have to provide Stealth Rock? Sun support in order for Weepinbell to sweep. Volbeat provides both Sunny Day support and a slow U-turn in order to get Weepinbell safely on the field. Other Chlorophyll users, such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, pair well with Weepinbell and appreciate Weepinbell's ability to breaking through walls in order to to help them sweep late-game. Fire-types, such as Rapidash and Ninetales, benefit from the sun and can switch in(remove space)to Fire-type attacks if necessary. A Pokemon that can check Jumpluff, such as Zebstrika, is beneficial, as Chlorophyll Jumpluff threatens to outspeed and KO Weepinbell with Acrobatics.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A mixed attacking set could work, but it is outclassed by the likes of Simisage, which is faster and has a more powerful STAB move in Leaf Storm. Eviolite allows Weepinbell to tank hits and to set up a Growth more easily, but it loses out on power. Giga Drain is an option for recovery, but it is significantly weaker than Solar Beam. Knock Off allows Weepinbell to hit Psychic-types, (RC) such as Grumpig, (RC) and to remove Eviolite from Pokemon such as Zweilous and Vullaby, but it is generally better off with its coverage options. Sucker Punch has priority and allows Weepinbell to pick off frail Pokemon such as Kadabra, but it is very weak and has little use outside of that. Synthesis is an option for reliable recovery, (AC) as Weepinbell is easily worn down by Life Orb recoil, but it means Weepinbell misses out on a coverage move. Substitute allows Weepinbell to avoid status such as burns and paralysis, but it wears it down even more combined with Life Orb recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Sleep a Absorbers Consistency with rest of C&C**: Pokemon that can absorb sleep, such as Hypno, Vullaby, and Vigoroth, (AC) are able to switch in on a predicted Sleep Powder, although the latter one cannot switch in on a Solar Beam, as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage. Quilladin deserves a mention here, (AC) as it is immune to Sleep Powder thanks to its Grass-typing, is immune to both Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb thanks to Bulletproof, and can set up Spikes on Weepinbell while healing with Synthesis. However, they all hate being crippled by Knock Off.

**Bulky Walls**: Bulky walls, (RC) such as Grumpig and Lickilicky are able to tank Weepinbell's attacks, and can phaze it out with Whirlwind and Dragon Tail, respectively, if it carries Growth. Grumpig can also cripple Weepinbell with Thunder Wave. However, they both hate being crippled by Sleep Powder. Zweilous deserves a mention here, (AC) as it can absorb S sleep thanks to Sleep Talk, and can weaken it Weepinbell with the combination of Dragon Tail and Crunch. , (AP, RC)

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon, (RC) such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and Dodrio, (RC) are able to outspeed Weepinbell and KO with their respective STAB moves. Sawsbuck deserves a mention, (AC) as it can switch in on a Sleep Powder thanks to Sap Sipper, and can KO with Double Edge. Snow Warning Aurorus can also remove Weepinbell's Chlorophyll boosts and can KO with Blizzard. Jumpluff also has Chlorophyll to outspeed Weepinbell and can KO with Acrobatics.

**Priority**: Although they can't switch in, strong priority attackers s from Pokemon such as Piloswine and Dusknoir are severly able to severely cripple Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack, the former having Ice Shard while and the latter having Shadow Sneak.

GP 1/2

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove/Change
Comment
(AC) = Add Comma, (RC) = Remove Comma, (AH) = Add Hyphen, etc.

[OVERVIEW]
Find + Replace "Sun" with "sun" unless at beginning of a sentence

Weepinbell's average Special Attack stat combined with and (Avoids awkwardness with the person of "allow" - the other option is to change "allow" to "allows") decent coverage allow it to perform as a terrifying S sun sweeper. Weepinbell also has access to Sleep Powder, allowing it to cripple bulky switch-(AH)ins, (RH) such as Grumpig. However, Weepinbell is extremely frail, making it vulnerable to priority from Pokemon such as Piloswine, and makes making it difficult for it to set up a Growth. It also faces competition from Tangela, which has better bulk. Weepinbell's low Speed stat outside of Chlorophyll means that it only fits on Sun teams, as it relies on Sun to sweep, and even with Sun up it is outspeed outsped by common threats, (RC) such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, Dodrio, and Sawsbuck.

[SET]
name: Sun Sweeper

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Solar Beam allows Weepinbell to hit the likes of Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Stunfisk, and is Weepinbell's most spammable move, hitting most targets for solid damage. Sludge Bomb allows Weepinbell to hit Grass-types that resist Solar Beam, such as Tangela and Leafeon, for super effective damage, and Fire-types, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, for neutral damage, and is also Weepinbell's only attack to work that works outside of Sun. Weather Ball allows Weepinbell to hit Roselia and Steel-types, (RC) such as Pawniard and Klang, (RC) for super effective damage when sun is up. Sleep Powder puts specially defensive walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky to sleep, such as Grumpig and Lickilicky, (RC) allowing it to 2HKO or 3HKO them more easily, and allows Weepinbell to deal with Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard and Golem. Growth is an option over Sleep Powder so Weepinbell can sweep more easily and to get past special walls such as Grumpig, but it finds it hard to set up a Growth because of its low bulk.

Set Details
========

This EV spread combined with a Modest nature maximises Weepinbell's sweeping abilities and allows it to outspeed as much as possible during Sun. Chlorophyll is the chosen ability in order for Weepinbell to outspeed its threats during sun. Life Orb maximises Weepinbell's damage output and allows it to hit as hard as possible, but it comes at a cost of being more vulnerable to priority users such as Piloswine thanks It is not positive due to recoil.

Usage Tips
========

Weepinbell should not be attempting to sweep outside of sun, as it is very slow outside of it, and should only be switching in on Grass-type attacks, a predicted Toxic, or on a free switches in from a Pokemon such as Golem Unclear what this means. As in when lead Golem has used Explosion? I would remove everything after "switches", as free switches can come about in so many different ways. Weepinbell is great for breaking walls early- to mid-game, but it is also useful for cleaning up late-game. If Weepinbell has Sleep Powder, it should use it on special walls that it has trouble getting past, such as Lickilicky, or on Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard. If Weepinbell has Growth, it should set up a Growth on Pokemon that cannot do much to it, such as Tangela and Roselia. Weepinbell also should be wary of faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, (RC) as they can outspeed Weepinbell, (RC) This is unnecessary when you are already talking about "faster Pokemon" and strong priority attacks from Pokemon such as Piloswine, as they can deal quite a bit of damage to Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack.

Team Options
========

Weepinbell should only be used on sun teams, as it is relies on Chlorophyll to sweep. A sun setter, such as Onix and or Golem, is absolutely mandatory to provide Stealth Rock support and Leave this if I'm wrong, but surely the sun setter doesn't also have to provide Stealth Rock? Sun support in order for Weepinbell to sweep. Volbeat provides both Sunny Day support and a slow U-turn in order to get Weepinbell safely on the field. Other Chlorophyll users, such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, pair well with Weepinbell and appreciate Weepinbell's ability to breaking through walls in order to to help them sweep late-game. Fire-types, such as Rapidash and Ninetales, benefit from the sun and can switch in(remove space)to Fire-type attacks if necessary. A Pokemon that can check Jumpluff, such as Zebstrika, is beneficial, as Chlorophyll Jumpluff threatens to outspeed and KO Weepinbell with Acrobatics.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A mixed attacking set could work, but it is outclassed by the likes of Simisage, which is faster and has a more powerful STAB move in Leaf Storm. Eviolite allows Weepinbell to tank hits and to set up a Growth more easily, but it loses out on power. Giga Drain is an option for recovery, but it is significantly weaker than Solar Beam. Knock Off allows Weepinbell to hit Psychic-types, (RC) such as Grumpig, (RC) and to remove Eviolite from Pokemon such as Zweilous and Vullaby, but it is generally better off with its coverage options. Sucker Punch has priority and allows Weepinbell to pick off frail Pokemon such as Kadabra, but it is very weak and has little use outside of that. Synthesis is an option for reliable recovery, (AC) as Weepinbell is easily worn down by Life Orb recoil, but it means Weepinbell misses out on a coverage move. Substitute allows Weepinbell to avoid status such as burns and paralysis, but it wears it down even more combined with Life Orb recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Sleep a Absorbers Consistency with rest of C&C**: Pokemon that can absorb sleep, such as Hypno, Vullaby, and Vigoroth, (AC) are able to switch in on a predicted Sleep Powder, although the latter one cannot switch in on a Solar Beam, as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage. Quilladin deserves a mention here, (AC) as it is immune to Sleep Powder thanks to its Grass-typing, is immune to both Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb thanks to Bulletproof, and can set up Spikes on Weepinbell while healing with Synthesis. However, they all hate being crippled by Knock Off.

**Bulky Walls**: Bulky walls, (RC) such as Grumpig and Lickilicky are able to tank Weepinbell's attacks, and can phaze it out with Whirlwind and Dragon Tail, respectively, if it carries Growth. Grumpig can also cripple Weepinbell with Thunder Wave. However, they both hate being crippled by Sleep Powder. Zweilous deserves a mention here, (AC) as it can absorb S sleep thanks to Sleep Talk, and can weaken it Weepinbell with the combination of Dragon Tail and Crunch. , (AP, RC)

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon, (RC) such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and Dodrio, (RC) are able to outspeed Weepinbell and KO with their respective STAB moves. Sawsbuck deserves a mention, (AC) as it can switch in on a Sleep Powder thanks to Sap Sipper, and can KO with Double Edge. Snow Warning Aurorus can also remove Weepinbell's Chlorophyll boosts and can KO with Blizzard. Jumpluff also has Chlorophyll to outspeed Weepinbell and can KO with Acrobatics.

**Priority**: Although they can't switch in, strong priority attackers s from Pokemon such as Piloswine and Dusknoir are severly able to severely cripple Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack, the former having Ice Shard while and the latter having Shadow Sneak.

GP 1/2
thx, ready for next check

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove

Comment

[OVERVIEW]

Weepinbell's average solid ("average" has somewhat of a negative connotation) Special Attack stat and decent coverage allow it to perform as a terrifying sun sweeper. Weepinbell also has access to Sleep Powder, allowing it to cripple bulky switch-ins(space)such as Grumpig. However, Weepinbell is extremely frail, making it vulnerable to priority from Pokemon such as Piloswine, and making it difficult for it to set up a Growth. It also faces competition from Tangela, which has better bulk. Weepinbell's low Speed stat outside of Chlorophyll means that it only fits on sun teams, as it relies on sun to sweep, and even with sun up it is outsped by common threats Choice Scarf users such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, Dodrio, and Sawsbuck (I don't think it outspeed non-Scarf versions).

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Solar Beam allows Weepinbell to hit the likes of Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Stunfisk, and it is Weepinbell's most spammable move, hitting most targets for solid damage. Sludge Bomb allows Weepinbell to hit Grass-types that resist Solar Beam, such as Tangela and Leafeon, for super effective damage, and Fire-types, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, for neutral damage, and it is also Weepinbell's only attack that works outside of sun. Weather Ball allows Weepinbell to hit Roselia and Steel-types(space)such as Pawniard and Klang for super effective damage when sun is up. Sleep Powder puts specially defensive walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky to sleep, allowing it Weepinbell to 2HKO or 3HKO them more easily, and it also allows Weepinbell to deal with Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard and Golem. Growth is an option over Sleep Powder so that Weepinbell can sweep more easily and get past special walls such as Grumpig, but it finds it hard to set up a Growth because of its low bulk.

Set Details
========

This EV spread combined with a Modest nature maximises maximizes (use the American spelling) Weepinbell's sweeping abilities and allows it to outspeed as much as possible during sun. Chlorophyll is the chosen ability in order for Weepinbell to outspeed its threats during sun. Life Orb maximises maximizes Weepinbell's damage output and allows it to hit as hard as possible, but it comes at a cost of being more vulnerable to priority users such as Piloswine due to recoil.

Usage Tips
========

Weepinbell should not be attempting to sweep outside of sun, as it is very slow outside of it, and it should only be switching in on Grass-type attacks, Toxic, or on free switches. Weepinbell is great for breaking walls early- to mid-game, but it is also useful for cleaning up late-game. If Weepinbell has Sleep Powder, it should use it on special walls that it has trouble getting past, such as Lickilicky, or on Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard. If Weepinbell has Growth, it should set up on Pokemon that cannot do much to it, such as Tangela and Roselia. Weepinbell also should be wary of faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime(space)and strong priority attacks from Pokemon such as Piloswine, as they can deal quite a bit of damage to Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack.

Team Options
========

Weepinbell should only be used on sun teams, as it relies on Chlorophyll to sweep. A sun setter, such as Onix or Golem, is absolutely mandatory to provide Stealth Rock and sun support in order for Weepinbell to sweep. Volbeat provides both Sunny Day support and a slow U-turn in order to get Weepinbell safely on the field. Other Chlorophyll users, such as Sawsbuck and Leafeon, pair well with Weepinbell and appreciate Weepinbell's ability to breaking through walls to help them sweep late-game. Fire-types, such as Rapidash and Ninetales, benefit from the sun and can switch into Fire-type attacks if necessary. A Pokemon that can check Jumpluff, such as Zebstrika, is beneficial, as Chlorophyll Jumpluff threatens to outspeed and KO Weepinbell with Acrobatics.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A mixed attacking set could work, but it is outclassed by the likes of Simisage, which is faster and has a more powerful STAB move in Leaf Storm. Eviolite allows Weepinbell to tank hits and to set up a Growth more easily, but it loses out on power. Giga Drain is an option for recovery, but it is significantly weaker than Solar Beam. Knock Off allows Weepinbell to hit Psychic-types such as Grumpig, (RC) and to remove Eviolite from Pokemon such as Zweilous and Vullaby, but it is generally better off with its coverage options. Sucker Punch has priority and allows Weepinbell to pick off frail Pokemon such as Kadabra, but it is very weak and has little use outside of that. Synthesis is an option for reliable recovery, (AC) as Weepinbell is easily worn down by Life Orb recoil, but it means that Weepinbell misses out on a coverage move. Substitute allows Weepinbell to avoid status such as burn and paralysis, but it wears it down even more when combined with Life Orb recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Sleep Absorbers**: Pokemon that can absorb sleep, such as Hypno, Vullaby, and Vigoroth, are able to switch in on a predicted Sleep Powder, although the latter cannot switch in on a Solar Beam, as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage. Quilladin deserves a mention here, as it is immune to Sleep Powder thanks due to its Grass-(RH) typing, is immune to both Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb thanks to because of Bulletproof, and can set up Spikes on Weepinbell while healing itself with Synthesis. However, they all hate being crippled by Knock Off.

**Bulky Walls**: Bulky walls(space)such as Grumpig and Lickilicky are able to tank Weepinbell's attacks, (RC) and can phaze it out with Whirlwind and Dragon Tail, respectively, if it carries Growth. Grumpig can also cripple Weepinbell with Thunder Wave. However, they both hate being crippled by Sleep Powder. Zweilous deserves a mention here, as it can absorb sleep thanks to Sleep Talk, (RC) and can weaken Weepinbell with the combination of Dragon Tail and Crunch.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon,(space)such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and Dodrio, are able to outspeed Weepinbell and KO it with their respective STAB moves. Sawsbuck deserves a mention, as it can switch in on a Sleep Powder thanks to Sap Sipper, (RC) and can KO Weepinbell with Double Edge. Snow Warning Aurorus can remove Weepinbell's Chlorophyll boost sun(space)and KO it with Blizzard. Jumpluff also has Chlorophyll to outspeed Weepinbell and can KO it with Acrobatics.

**Priority Users**: Although they can't switch in, strong priority attackers such as Piloswine and Dusknoir are able to severely cripple Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack, with the former having Ice Shard(space)and the latter having Shadow Sneak.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

rubsomebacononit

is a Contributor Alumnus
Add
Remove

Comment

[OVERVIEW]

Weepinbell's average solid ("average" has somewhat of a negative connotation) Special Attack stat and decent coverage allow it to perform as a terrifying sun sweeper. Weepinbell also has access to Sleep Powder, allowing it to cripple bulky switch-ins(space)such as Grumpig. However, Weepinbell is extremely frail, making it vulnerable to priority from Pokemon such as Piloswine, and making it difficult for it to set up a Growth. It also faces competition from Tangela, which has better bulk. Weepinbell's low Speed stat outside of Chlorophyll means that it only fits on sun teams, as it relies on sun to sweep, and even with sun up it is outsped by common threats Choice Scarf users such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime, Dodrio, and Sawsbuck (I don't think it outspeed non-Scarf versions).

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Solar Beam allows Weepinbell to hit the likes of Rock-, Water-, and Ground-types such as Golem, Carracosta, and Stunfisk, and it is Weepinbell's most spammable move, hitting most targets for solid damage. Sludge Bomb allows Weepinbell to hit Grass-types that resist Solar Beam, such as Tangela and Leafeon, for super effective damage, and Fire-types, such as Ninetales and Rapidash, for neutral damage, and it is also Weepinbell's only attack that works outside of sun. Weather Ball allows Weepinbell to hit Roselia and Steel-types(space)such as Pawniard and Klang for super effective damage when sun is up. Sleep Powder puts specially defensive walls such as Grumpig and Lickilicky to sleep, allowing it Weepinbell to 2HKO or 3HKO them more easily, and it also allows Weepinbell to deal with Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard and Golem. Growth is an option over Sleep Powder so that Weepinbell can sweep more easily and get past special walls such as Grumpig, but it finds it hard to set up a Growth because of its low bulk.

Set Details
========

This EV spread combined with a Modest nature maximises maximizes (use the American spelling) Weepinbell's sweeping abilities and allows it to outspeed as much as possible during sun. Chlorophyll is the chosen ability in order for Weepinbell to outspeed its threats during sun. Life Orb maximises maximizes Weepinbell's damage output and allows it to hit as hard as possible, but it comes at a cost of being more vulnerable to priority users such as Piloswine due to recoil.

Usage Tips
========

Weepinbell should not be attempting to sweep outside of sun, as it is very slow outside of it, and it should only be switching in on Grass-type attacks, Toxic, or on free switches. Weepinbell is great for breaking walls early- to mid-game, but it is also useful for cleaning up late-game. If Weepinbell has Sleep Powder, it should use it on special walls that it has trouble getting past, such as Lickilicky, or on Sucker Punch users, such as Pawniard. If Weepinbell has Growth, it should set up on Pokemon that cannot do much to it, such as Tangela and Roselia. Weepinbell also should be wary of faster Pokemon such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime(space)and strong priority attacks from Pokemon such as Piloswine, as they can deal quite a bit of damage to Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

A mixed attacking set could work, but it is outclassed by the likes of Simisage, which is faster and has a more powerful STAB move in Leaf Storm. Eviolite allows Weepinbell to tank hits and to set up a Growth more easily, but it loses out on power. Giga Drain is an option for recovery, but it is significantly weaker than Solar Beam. Knock Off allows Weepinbell to hit Psychic-types such as Grumpig, (RC) and to remove Eviolite from Pokemon such as Zweilous and Vullaby, but it is generally better off with its coverage options. Sucker Punch has priority and allows Weepinbell to pick off frail Pokemon such as Kadabra, but it is very weak and has little use outside of that. Synthesis is an option for reliable recovery, (AC) as Weepinbell is easily worn down by Life Orb recoil, but it means that Weepinbell misses out on a coverage move. Substitute allows Weepinbell to avoid status such as burn and paralysis, but it wears it down even more when combined with Life Orb recoil.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Sleep Absorbers**: Pokemon that can absorb sleep, such as Hypno, Vullaby, and Vigoroth, are able to switch in on a predicted Sleep Powder, although the latter cannot switch in on a Solar Beam, as it is 2HKOed after Stealth Rock damage. Quilladin deserves a mention here, as it is immune to Sleep Powder thanks due to its Grass-(RH) typing, is immune to both Weather Ball and Sludge Bomb thanks to because of Bulletproof, and can set up Spikes on Weepinbell while healing itself with Synthesis. However, they all hate being crippled by Knock Off.

**Bulky Walls**: Bulky walls(space)such as Grumpig and Lickilicky are able to tank Weepinbell's attacks, (RC) and can phaze it out with Whirlwind and Dragon Tail, respectively, if it carries Growth. Grumpig can also cripple Weepinbell with Thunder Wave. However, they both hate being crippled by Sleep Powder. Zweilous deserves a mention here, as it can absorb sleep thanks to Sleep Talk, (RC) and can weaken Weepinbell with the combination of Dragon Tail and Crunch.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon,(space)such as Choice Scarf Mr. Mime and Dodrio, are able to outspeed Weepinbell and KO it with their respective STAB moves. Sawsbuck deserves a mention, as it can switch in on a Sleep Powder thanks to Sap Sipper, (RC) and can KO Weepinbell with Double Edge. Snow Warning Aurorus can remove Weepinbell's Chlorophyll boost sun(space)and KO it with Blizzard. Jumpluff also has Chlorophyll to outspeed Weepinbell and can KO it with Acrobatics.

**Priority Users**: Although they can't switch in, strong priority attackers such as Piloswine and Dusknoir are able to severely cripple Weepinbell and limit the amount of turns it gets to attack, with the former having Ice Shard(space)and the latter having Shadow Sneak.

GP 2/2
this is done

galbia said to replace solid with average earlier, so I didnt change it to solid, but I changed it to decent. this is done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)