ORAS OU Mega Beedrill Team

Hey guys! Thanks for viewing this thread for me, and this is the first time I have ever done a thread like this. So if I do any mistakes, please be gentle!

In this RMT Thread, I decided to use Beedrill-Mega and form a team around it. It's performance in pressuring teams, being completely anti-meta towards biggest mega threats and completely blasting offense impressed me.

bees hurt (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Yes, I know what you are thinking. Why would anyone use such a frail Pokemon in ORAS OU? Thing is, it's speed, ability and abnormally high Atk stats make it competent enough. It's speed is enough in jolly to outspeed scarfed jolly Hoopa-U, and it's U-Turn boosted by it's magnificent ability, Adaptability, and high Atk pressures many teams.

Next thing I needed, was a defogger naturally. I came up with Skarmory.

steel wing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is an exemplary Defog user and physical wall. With a base 140 Defense and Steel / Flying typing to back it up, Skarmory is guaranteed to find opportunities to get rid of entry hazards against nearly any team. It's also a magnificent counter to most of the sand offense if not all that threaten Beedrill as well as a good check to most physical attackers in general.

After this, I noticed my team was getting abnormally weak to fire and birds like Talonflame. So I got myself a nice bulky Rotom-W.

free wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Rotom-Wash seemed like a 11/10 add-on to my team; bulky enough to stop many birds, stops most fire types in their tracks and keeps the momentum active with it's amazing pivot Volt-Turn ability. I saw almost no flaws in this, but I also noticed how weak my team was getting against electric and how my offense was dropping. Something had to be done.

majestic beast (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Majestic indeed. Landorus-Therian rocks amazing Atk, typing while still retaining high bulk. A good check to electric types when scarfed, only problem is the HP Ice which he would otherwise counter. Earth Plate gives him quick hard STAB to EQ and U-Turn is for the momentum as well as pressuring opposition.

Next up I needed, was a good grass/poison counter as Pokemon like Mega Venusaur completely counters my team.

dracos droppin (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Earthquake

This powerhouse is remarkable. Draco Meteor allows Latios to almost always take out something, Psyshock to annihilate poison, Roost to prolong it's longetivity and EQ to stop Tran in its tracks.

Last thing I needed to be done, was get a good steel counter. I decided to use Magnezone.

magnetic (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

It's ability to trap steel types, outspeed and check most if not all water/flying/grass types completed my team. Volt Switch improves my momentum even more, making the team extremely fast-paced while still retaining bulk.​

Here is my team to copy:

Code:
free wash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

magnetic (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

bees hurt (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

dracos droppin (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Earthquake

steel wing (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

majestic beast (Landorus-Therian) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

I would appreciate any kind of advice as I am very new here, and thank you for viewing this thread!

Last edited:
Bruh*, latios doesnt learn healing wish, and I would rather use magneton if you want to scarf magnezone, since magneton can outspeed key threats in the 115-126 range that zone cant.

Last edited:
Bruh*, latios doesnt learn healing wish, and I would rather use magneton if you want to scarf magnezone, since magneton can outspeed key threats in the 115-126 range that zone cant.
How could I not notice this... thank you! Ha ha! :]

Magneton has less firepower and just a little bit more speed though which could be a problem. But thank you for your advice I will consider it!

Last edited:
Hey, nice team, although, by running dual physical walls, you are risking yourself to some strong special attackers such as Mega Manectric, which is a huge problem for your team. To play around it, you have to keep your Latios healthy to the point you can take an HP Ice, this is a big issue especially if paired with Specs Keldeo, which you can't switch in anything to, but Latios, and Rotom-W, both being very much susceptible to the 100% burn rate of Scald, and hence softening them up for Mega-Mane. Beedrill can revenge it, but in the hands of the smart player, he would pressure Skarm to not being able to defog, hence forcing Beedrill to take 25% per each entry, and with no reliable recovery, that's an issue. Therefore, I would recommend you change Landorus-T to Hippowdon, this doesn't really change much at all, as it checks Sand offense comfortably, alongside other threats like Charizard X, more reliably infact, due to recovery in Slack off, but it also gives you a check to Mega Mane, alongside a check to Mega Lopunny. With that said, I don't feel you need to use Skarmory, but instead I recommend you put Defog on Latios, as whilst Earthquake for Tran is a very respectable option, the only reason Skarmory is on your team is for Defog and suicidal phasing, and hence is just taking up a slot.

Another issue, I feel for you is a lack of switch-ins to things like Dracos from the Lati Twins, due to Magnezone not having the defenses to repeatedly take those, as well as Kyurem-B in general. Hence I suggest running Ferrothorn, whilst HP Fire is viable on both of those pokemon, you can easily scout with your own Latios, and obviously it won't be a speed tie, due to HP Fire forcing you to run 30 IV's on Latios. This also gives you something for DD Mega Alt.

Something else I noticed is that your version of the team, and the team with all of my changes, happens to get utterly 6-0'd by Volcarona. So I'd actually suggest running Scarf-Heatran, this in relation to Magnezone, doesn't change much as it still beats Ferrothorn, Scizors, etc, but it gives you a better matchup against Volcarona, that lack HP ground, as well as giving you something for opposing Trans, since Lava Plume burns can be quite detrimental for your team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Hi,

Tbh Salad's suggestions just makes you so weak to Mega Sableye and Beedrill kinda needs Magnezone's support that helps him to beat things like Skarmory and Ferrothorn that otherwise would be a problem for Beedrill. Speaking about the team itself, I don't think there is much to change without changing it too much, guess you can try Latias instead of Latios since she's bulkier and can tank Manectric's hits as well, she also gets Healing Wish that helps Beedrill a bit. I think you don't need EQ that much on Latios because Beedrill's Drill Run, Landorus-T and Rotom-W already covers Heatran p well so you might try Latias and see how she works in your team. You can also try Rocky Helmet or Shed Shell on Skarmory, helmet helps against U-Turn users and to do passive damages in general while Shed Shell helps mainly against the Mega Altaria + Magnezone combo, just small nitpicks tho, but I believe they are options to consider for your team. Good luck with it!

Hey, nice team, although, by running dual physical walls, you are risking yourself to some strong special attackers such as Mega Manectric, which is a huge problem for your team. To play around it, you have to keep your Latios healthy to the point you can take an HP Ice, this is a big issue especially if paired with Specs Keldeo, which you can't switch in anything to, but Latios, and Rotom-W, both being very much susceptible to the 100% burn rate of Scald, and hence softening them up for Mega-Mane. Beedrill can revenge it, but in the hands of the smart player, he would pressure Skarm to not being able to defog, hence forcing Beedrill to take 25% per each entry, and with no reliable recovery, that's an issue. Therefore, I would recommend you change Landorus-T to Hippowdon, this doesn't really change much at all, as it checks Sand offense comfortably, alongside other threats like Charizard X, more reliably infact, due to recovery in Slack off, but it also gives you a check to Mega Mane, alongside a check to Mega Lopunny. With that said, I don't feel you need to use Skarmory, but instead I recommend you put Defog on Latios, as whilst Earthquake for Tran is a very respectable option, the only reason Skarmory is on your team is for Defog and suicidal phasing, and hence is just taking up a slot.

Another issue, I feel for you is a lack of switch-ins to things like Dracos from the Lati Twins, due to Magnezone not having the defenses to repeatedly take those, as well as Kyurem-B in general. Hence I suggest running Ferrothorn, whilst HP Fire is viable on both of those pokemon, you can easily scout with your own Latios, and obviously it won't be a speed tie, due to HP Fire forcing you to run 30 IV's on Latios. This also gives you something for DD Mega Alt.

Something else I noticed is that your version of the team, and the team with all of my changes, happens to get utterly 6-0'd by Volcarona. So I'd actually suggest running Scarf-Heatran, this in relation to Magnezone, doesn't change much as it still beats Ferrothorn, Scizors, etc, but it gives you a better matchup against Volcarona, that lack HP ground, as well as giving you something for opposing Trans, since Lava Plume burns can be quite detrimental for your team.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
Thanks for your reply, and I really appreciate the effort put into this post. And you are technically correct, because I have noticed that just specs Keldeo brings a lot of trouble to my team from previous games. Doubled with Mega-Mane, it surely brings my team down.

I will look into this further.

Hi,

Tbh Salad's suggestions just makes you so weak to Mega Sableye and Beedrill kinda needs Magnezone's support that helps him to beat things like Skarmory and Ferrothorn that otherwise would be a problem for Beedrill. Speaking about the team itself, I don't think there is much to change without changing it too much, guess you can try Latias instead of Latios since she's bulkier and can tank Manectric's hits as well, she also gets Healing Wish that helps Beedrill a bit. I think you don't need EQ that much on Latios because Beedrill's Drill Run, Landorus-T and Rotom-W already covers Heatran p well so you might try Latias and see how she works in your team. You can also try Rocky Helmet or Shed Shell on Skarmory, helmet helps against U-Turn users and to do passive damages in general while Shed Shell helps mainly against the Mega Altaria + Magnezone combo, just small nitpicks tho, but I believe they are options to consider for your team. Good luck with it!
Hi, and thanks for reviewing my team.

From your reply, and I noticed that Latias is indeed a much better add-on to my team with it's reliable bulk and supporting ability, as well as devastating offensive power.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)