ORAS OU Dr. Wily's Robots (ORAS Balanced) Current Rank: 1657

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Hello, I'm BenTheDemon, and this is my first time posting my own team in RMT, so I may be a bit timid, but I think I have finally composed a team with very few flaws. So let's skip the bullshit and get right to the team.

At a glance:

Green Devil (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

Straight out of Mega Man 8, Green Devil brings his power and bulk to ORAS OU. Dragonite has been my favorite Pokemon since I was first introduced to it in 1998, so I always build my team around it. Dragonite's role is simple: If I want to get rid of anything not named Kyurem-B or Clefable, then I can send in Dragonite to Outrage on slower, bulkier Pokemon like Hippowdon, Conkelldurr, and Slowbro and OHKO or 2HKO the vast majority of them. Or if a faster, frailer Pokemon like Alakazam, Weavile, or Scarf Hoopa is giving me trouble, I can let off the ever-feared Banded Extreme Speed and OHKO or 2HKO many threats that outspeed Dragonite. Multiscale allows Dragonite to almost always take one hit and retaliate, adding to Dragonite's wallbreaking power. Thunder Punch and Superpower are there for coverage. Thunderpunch allows Dragonite to beat Azumarill and Skarmory while Superpower allows him to take out Steel types and Chansey. Dragonite may be B+ in the viabilty rankings, but he's always S+ in my heart.

Flame Man (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Flying in from Mega Man 6, Flame Man comes to sweep unsuspecting teams, and even some that completely expect it. Charizard is my team's dedicated Physical Sweeper, and with great merits. Originally, I ran a more bulky set with Roost instead of Earthquake, but later decided that my other team members were more than capable of forming a defensive core. This set is about as straight-forward as it gets. Switch into something like Scizor or Mega Sableye lacking Foul Play (also Raikou if already mega evolved) that cannot touch Charizard, set up a Dragon Dance, and proceed to use the proper coverage move to start a sweep. Often times, people will assume that Charizard will run Roost over Earthquake, send out Heatran, and be surprised when Charizard gives it an Earthquake up the ass. Charizard fears few things once it has a Dragon Dance up, but Thundurus and Klefki can neuter it with Prankster Thunder Wave, and Bulky Landorus-T can scare it away. But once those Pokemon are taken care of, Charizard becomes an unstoppable force of nature.

Gemini Man (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Gemini Man returns from Mega Man 3 to show off his fabulousity once again. Though most would swear by Mega Metagross, Clefable is probably the best Pokemon in OU at the moment, and for good reason. Clefable can fit on just about any team and fulfill just about any role. Funny considering that a simple retyping brought if straight from RU in Gen 5 to top-tier OU in Gen 6. This Clefable works as a boosting Special Tank. Magic Guard protects Clefable from Toxic, Burn, Stealth Rock, etc., something that many walls would kill for. Fairy/Fire coverage hits just about anything for neutral damage bar Heatran. But even Heatran not prepared for Clefable become little more than setup bait. This replay explains it way better than words ever could: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-251492272 Soft-Boiled is the obligatory instant recovery for any wall/tank. Paired with Slowbro, Clefable forms a very hard to break defensive core rivaled only by Venutran.

Bubble Man (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Metal Blades no longer scare the great Bubble Man, in fact, he laughs in the face of most Steel Types. Slowbro is easily one of the most annoying Pokemon to deal with with a combination of Scald, Slack Off, and Thunder Wave. Slowbro can burn any Physical Pokemon ballsy enough to face him. He can also usually take a hit from a boosting sweeper and neuter it with Thunder Wave. Slack Off is a straight-forward instant recovery. Slowbro's ability in Regenerator lets him survive for far longer than your opponent would like. I often like to use Slowbro as a hit-and-run Pokemon and spread Paralysis. Though Slowbro is best known for his Defense, he's no slouch offensively, being able to fight off anything unfortunate enough to be weak to its STABs without relying on Paralysis or Burn.

Drill Man (Excadrill) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

From Mega Man 4, Drill Man digs his way into OU bringing both offensive and defensive prowess. I use Excadrill as a Special wall, tanking hits from Venusaur, Thundurus, and even some uninvested Water types. Most people see Mold Breaker as purely an offensive ability, but Excadrill can use it to be an amazing lead being able to set Stealth Rocks up without having to worry about Magic Bounce. Rapid Spin support is mandatory since I use both Dragonite and Charizard. Earthquake nails Electric types like Rotom-W, Raikou, and Mega Manectric. Iron Head, even from an uninvested 135 base Attack still hits fairies hard, especially Diancie. Excadrill is basically the mortar between my bricks, as it covers the weaknesses of my other team members.

Snake Man (Serperior) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Slithering in from Mega Man 3, Snake Man arrives to my OU team! I originally used Gengar, as it is my second favorite Pokemon, but I ultimately decided that Serperior fits my team better. He is my dedicated Special Sweeper, as a 130 Base Power Nasty Plot is basically the best thing a Special sweeper can possess. Serperior has one other quality that any other Special sweeper would kill for: the ability to beat Chansey. Between Leaf Storm boosting Serperior to +6 in 3 turns and Giga Drain being used as active healing, Serperior always 2HKOs Chansey at +6 Special Attack. It also is able to outspeed and OHKO Azumarill and Manaphy, who would otherwise would give my team trouble, and turn them into free setup fodder. He also pairs well with Excadrill, who beats Heatran and non-Superpower Thundurus, which stand in the way of an easy Serperior sweep. In short, Serperior, along with Charizard are amazing sweepers that once their counters are gone, can cause many ragequits.

Threatlist coming soon!

Last edited:
Hi n_n , Nice Mega man attempt I really liked it and I also liked the thing that Dragonite will be always S+ in your heart so sweet.
Btw back to rate , First of all I think u can try Stealth Rock Clefable over cm set this gives your Excadrill room for toxic , toxic helps you to poison Mega Sab which is really helpful :).
This is the only suggestion actually the team is already good so not much to say , have a nice day :3.

Hi n_n , Nice Mega man attempt I really liked it and I also liked the thing that Dragonite will be always S+ in your heart so sweet.
Btw back to rate , First of all I think u can try Stealth Rock Clefable over cm set this gives your Excadrill room for toxic , toxic helps you to poison Mega Sab which is really helpful :).
This is the only suggestion actually the team is already good so not much to say , have a nice day :3.
Not to be rude, but I would not do this. Mega sableye has magic bounce, which bounces back toxic and does nothing to drill, giving sableye a free turn. You already have MG Clef for Sableye anyways

I think your team is pretty solid, just wanted to stop you from doing the suggetion above.

p2

Banned deucer.
Not to be rude, but I would not do this. Mega sableye has magic bounce, which bounces back toxic and does nothing to drill, giving sableye a free turn. You already have MG Clef for Sableye anyways

I think your team is pretty solid, just wanted to stop you from doing the suggetion above.
Excadrill ignores Toxic due to Mold Breaker.

Anyway, nice team. A few changes I'd make are Glare > Giga Drain on Serperior and 40 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe on Charizard.
It looks like Life Orb Tornadus-T is capable of putting a lot of pressure on your team, providing Hurricane actually hits. Glare on Serperior helps this as TornT is a very common Serperior switch in, Glare cripples it and allows Clefable to use it as setup bait because you outspeed it and you can CM + Soft Boiled before it Hurricanes you. The only thing is that this can cut the longevity of Serperior as it no longer has the recovery from Giga Drain.

The Charizard EV spread just ensures you cannot be revenge killed by Scarf Kyurem-B when you're at +1.

Choice band dragonite isn't really that good. I think lum berry or weakness policy dragonite with Dragon dance is much much better.

On clefable I would max out defence since you've got calm mind

I would run miracle seed instead of life orb on serpirior. Or leftovers

I personally think that u should use excadrill more offensively but yea stealth Rock clefable and has exca with toxic

These suggestions my best re iterations. If they are I'm sorry. I didn't read the other suggestions. Hope I helped

Not to be rude but mold breaker ignores magic bounce so yea it can toxic , also excadrill does both spinning and rock setting , I was just trying to remove the pressure from it , the change I suggested isn't really that worthy but my only aim was removing pressure from drill :v , although he already got a S ranked sweeper so I don't think he needs one more S ranked Sweeper. :v , actually I rated this because nobody was rating and this team is posted like 3-4 days ago :3.

Have a nice day bro n_n.

Choice band dragonite isn't really that good. I think lum berry or weakness policy dragonite with Dragon dance is much much better.

On clefable I would max out defence since you've got calm mind

I would run miracle seed instead of life orb on serpirior. Or leftovers

I personally think that u should use excadrill more offensively but yea stealth Rock clefable and has exca with toxic

These suggestions my best re iterations. If they are I'm sorry. I didn't read the other suggestions. Hope I helped
Band Dnite is good actually , its also used by a lot of persons as a wall breaker but dd dnite is set up sweeper.He is running the standard evs on clefable , he don't really need max defense clefable . He is running lo serp which is really good , he also got recovery(giga drain tho) so there is nothing to change on serp.

Have a nice day n_n

Last edited:
Like the team a lot; not sure if id call it truly a balance team tho. I'd say it's more along the lines of bulky offense, but that's kinda completely irrelevant.

Anyways, I like to have rocks on exca as well. The ability to completely control hazards w/ one poke is awesome. It isn't the suggested spread, but I would change excas EVs to 220 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD / 32 Spe. That is a customized spread that I came up with that does the exact same thing as the standard spread, but let's you, 1., avoid the ohko from rotom W's hydro pump and outspeed and ohko the standard set after rocks, and 2., tank LO gar's focus blast and ohko it back, possibly even w/ a burn. Basically the same thing, just adjusted to better do what it's meant to do.

Ari The OU Master, that's honestly just not true. It gives it a very strong Espeed off the bat and really good wall breaking power w/o having to boost. This allows it to punish switches very well, which is something it couldn't do as well w/ it's dragon dance set. Also weakness policy isn't very good, tbh. I don't think it's awful, as a lot of people say, but it's just, meh.

Clefable doesn't need max defense, as that is basically the last significant number it wants to hit, iirc., and let's you basically avoid any ohko's and 2hkos that max would.

Life orb is very good on serp, and I would actually say that those two are pretty inferior, for the most part. The extra power to its other moves is very helpful, and while miracle seed and lefties are very much viable, I would not say they are your best option for most teams. I especially would not recommend miracle seed if, as Human Mystery Box suggested, glare is chosen over Giga drain. Lefties is an option, but miracle seed isn't as good, especially given how weak serp is w/o a boost or two under its belt. The drop in power, while not huge, is very much noticeable.

Not to be rude but mold breaker ignores magic bounce so yea it can toxic , also excadrill does both spinning and rock setting , I was just trying to remove the pressure from it , the change I suggested isn't really that worthy but my only aim was removing pressure from drill :v , although he already got a S ranked sweeper so I don't think he needs one more S ranked Sweeper. :v , actually I rated this because nobody was rating and this team is posted like 3-4 days ago :3.

Have a nice day bro n_n.
I'm not going to disagree with your argument, but I wouldn't suggest that in this case. While moldbreaker toxic is definitely very useful against sableye, but I would suggest running unaware CM clef instead. The worst sableye will do is WoW you, which you can just heal off. Again, your argument is very much valid and completely well founded, so I'm not disagreeing with the argument itself, rather, I just don't think it's the best option for the team.

Nice team. But personally, I prefer the lum berry DD-nite instead of the Choice Band set. Since it lets you deal with statuses that normally hinder dnite. Secondly I would suggest changing magic guard clefable to unaware clefable. This is because your team will definitely be hindered by burns and paralysis. This also will deal with opposing set up sweepers like serperior and others which can destroy the team without much problems.

Well, I hope I helped glhf playing :)

Like the team a lot; not sure if id call it truly a balance team tho. I'd say it's more along the lines of bulky offense, but that's kinda completely irrelevant.

Anyways, I like to have rocks on exca as well. The ability to completely control hazards w/ one poke is awesome. It isn't the suggested spread, but I would change excas EVs to 220 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD / 32 Spe. That is a customized spread that I came up with that does the exact same thing as the standard spread, but let's you, 1., avoid the ohko from rotom W's hydro pump and outspeed and ohko the standard set after rocks, and 2., tank LO gar's focus blast and ohko it back, possibly even w/ a burn. Basically the same thing, just adjusted to better do what it's meant to do.

Ari The OU Master, that's honestly just not true. It gives it a very strong Espeed off the bat and really good wall breaking power w/o having to boost. This allows it to punish switches very well, which is something it couldn't do as well w/ it's dragon dance set. Also weakness policy isn't very good, tbh. I don't think it's awful, as a lot of people say, but it's just, meh.

Clefable doesn't need max defense, as that is basically the last significant number it wants to hit, iirc., and let's you basically avoid any ohko's and 2hkos that max would.

Life orb is very good on serp, and I would actually say that those two are pretty inferior, for the most part. The extra power to its other moves is very helpful, and while miracle seed and lefties are very much viable, I would not say they are your best option for most teams. I especially would not recommend miracle seed if, as Human Mystery Box suggested, glare is chosen over Giga drain. Lefties is an option, but miracle seed isn't as good, especially given how weak serp is w/o a boost or two under its belt. The drop in power, while not huge, is very much noticeable.

I'm not going to disagree with your argument, but I wouldn't suggest that in this case. While moldbreaker toxic is definitely very useful against sableye, but I would suggest running unaware CM clef instead. The worst sableye will do is WoW you, which you can just heal off. Again, your argument is very much valid and completely well founded, so I'm not disagreeing with the argument itself, rather, I just don't think it's the best option for the team.

Actually a dragon dance set is usually better bc of multi scale and if he clears the hazards he is basically guaranteed the first dragon dance. Life orb or leftovers can also be used over weakness policy.

Actually a dragon dance set is usually better bc of multi scale and if he clears the hazards he is basically guaranteed the first dragon dance. Life orb or leftovers can also be used over weakness policy.
I actually like DD, I'm just saying that band is also very good. As for things it can do that DD can't, since it has way more power off the bat than DD. Also, I've never even heard of people running LO. It's almost always either lefties or Lum berry. LO breaks multiscale, assuming you've somehow managed to boost w/o breaking it already, which the other two don't. I mean, the increased power is cool, but I've never heard of anyone running it.

I actually like DD, I'm just saying that band is also very good. As for things it can do that DD can't, since it has way more power off the bat than DD. Also, I've never even heard of people running LO. It's almost always either lefties or Lum berry. LO breaks multiscale, assuming you've somehow managed to boost w/o breaking it already, which the other two don't. I mean, the increased power is cool, but I've never heard of anyone running it.
My friend did. It wasn't 2 good but it was alright for his team. I don't remember it tho

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man i really like your team and i think is good overall, only want to help you with a few suggestions. First i think you only notable weakness is SD Bisharp other than that you can handle most of the threats in the current metagame. Also is nice to see dragonite again and i really like that lure set that complete Zard X very clever.
  • I'd like to give you a better spread for Zard X that allow you to ensure the same KO's with your actual Ev spread and also allow you to outspeed a random Scarf KyuB. Jolly Nature 72 HP / 216 Atk / 220 Spe and Roost > EQ, you already ahve plenty of answer for heatran that isnt EQ necessary at all.
  • Your team is very slow and have answer for steel types so Thunder Wave > Flamethrower on Clefable is more needed, and you still can sweep with this set if you get rid off steels.
  • Spedef Exca is a great option for your team but as I said before Bisharp is a problem so i'd recommend this Ev spread 252 HP / 144 SpD / 112 Spe Careful nature, your still can take Focus blast from Gardevoir at full and EP from diancies but now your faster than SD bisharp Adamant so you can take Sucker Punch of caught them of guard because Spdef exca doesn't run speed at all.
  • And last another backup solution for Bish is Substitute and Miracle Seed > Giga Drain and Life orb on Serp, You can sub up in the sucker and deal free damage next turn with hp fire.
Hope i help you enough man and GL

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Wow. Last I check this thread, there were no replies. Thanks for all your suggestions.
I'll try out some of these suggestions, but a few suggestions I saw were actually sets I used previously.
I used to run Roost on Charizard-X, but my sweeps would always be cut short by Heatran, who also walled my Special Sweeper, Serperior. So I found it more valuable to lure Heatran and nuke him with EQ before it could do any harm to my team.
I also used to run Rocks and Thunder Wave on Clefable, but Slowbro pulled off Thunder Wave better, allowing Clefable to run Flamethrower and be a clutch sweeper. Mold Breaker on Excadrill also really did wonders for me, as not having to worry about Magic Bounce really helped me out, especially because my team doesn't appreciate Stealth Rock.
I used to run Glare on Serperior, but Giga Drain's recovery helped me do two things in particular:
1. Turn Chansey into setup and healing bait
2. Counteract Life Orb recoil once Serperior has a few boosts up.

But, I'd like to try out those EV spreads for Zard X and Excadrill to take on Bisharp and avoid being revenged by Scarfed Kyurem-B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)