NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
What do you people not get about I'm in the MIDDLE of making a post? Seriously guys, i'm not used to having to go through every single post in the game three times just so i can say "User X is town/scum". And in case you haven't noticed, this thread is 24 PAGES LONG, so excuse me for not cranking out a post quickly and half-assed like i've been doing all game.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
idk the fact it takes SO long for pokeguy to post anything is like ...? I wonder if he has some sort of reading issue. most of these posts are pretty short, to critically think about them really should not take as long as it does for him. it's only 24 pages long if you haven't been keeping up every day, your daily post quantity should be more like 1 or 2 pages, especially as activity is dying. like, if you don't have the ability to read and think quickly enough, nor the time to do it slowly, really, do not join a NOC and hamper the village so much.

if you are town you are making the rest of us waste our time finding you suspicious af and trying to determine if you are scum or not because of your continued scummy, stalling behavior. sam and I can produce a detailed read post in probably 10 minutes or less if we know what we're going to say. it taking you DAYS is outrageous and indicative of some larger circumstance that probably means you should avoid NOCs, which by their nature require a LOT of reading and time to think about what you read, construct conclusions, and post. I don't say this to be mean, but I am genuinely uncertain what hampers you from reading and posting like the rest of us.

Sam it wouldn't surprise me at all if Celever was one of the mafians and wanting to win. It's pretty easy to blend in as town by.. being one of the three people still talking. I do find it somewhat unlikely ALL FOUR MAFIANS are trying to skirt by with inactivity and stalling posts. acidphoenix is a strong suspect but he's kind of doing the same thing as Pokeguy. Except when he does post reads they're skimpy and underdeveloped.

DLE is probably also mafia. Not to do the stall-stall as well but I do need to look back on his posts and determine what leads me to this conclusion most strongly.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeti I'm pretty sure this is more a case of Pokeguy not having a ton of time to review things. Imagine that you're 15, have high school stuff/homework and parents who let you on the internet 30 minutes a day. Probably not much of that time is going towards reading NOC posts, so it's not that he isn't able to read or write it's that he doesn't have the time to read and therefore doesn't have anything to say.

Of course all of these are reasons for why Pokeguy should probably stick to forum mafia rather than NOC; NOC requires a lot more reading and writing/thinking about possible player motivations than a typical mafia game. If this is your general situation Pokeguy then take that into account for future games until your situation changes.

And of course none of this helps us figure out what Pokeguy is one bit, because I seriously doubt that Pokeguy's behavior is driven by anything other than A. Wanting to play in a mafia game and B. Not having enough time to play up to a level we consider 'competitive' (which, admittedly, requires a lot more time than a typical mafia website).

Finally, has UltrasPlot quit? I don't think I've seen him post in days.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean yeha, when I was 15 my parents would try to limit how long I could be on IRC or w/e before I did my homework but I also didn't need THAT LONG to DO my hw at 15. That stuff was easy lol. so I would have plenty of time after. And that kind of limiting was also why I fought with my mother so much until she backed off.

But he is a definite mystery because we can't tell anything about his posts, and who he is. So we waste time if he's noobtown.

And yeah I've been noticing UltrasPlot posted reads and like one other post then danced on out as well.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Hmm... if that's really how you guys feel, i think me subbing out would be the best option here, and this game is further proof that NOC just isn't my thing, and i'll refrain from joining them in the future...

Also it isn't that i'm only allowed on for 30 minutes a day, it's that i'm a member of multiple different sites that ALL expect me to at least be... around, AND yes, my parents don't like it when i'm on electronics for extremely long periods at once, but it isn't as extreme, it's basically a "go outside for about an hour, then you can use electronics more" situation.

UncleSam

Leading this village
It's not that we want you to sub out, it's just that it's hard to play a game like NOC without at least a decent amount of content from a player. If you feel you can read posts and respond then by all means stay in, god knows we need people who are actually posting (and yes, Pokeguy is actually near the top half of activity this day X_X). Just when you DO post, try to say game-related stuff; it doesn't really help anyone for you to say 'I'm not really sure of anything'.

Hi I'm in this game and have read most of the thread. I'm about to catch up with what I missed. I've been following this game pretty actively so while my memory is a little fallible, feel free to ask me questions about specific points in the game (past reads etc.)

UncleSam

Leading this village
Hey jumpluff, do you agree with me that DLE is off this game? Additionally, who do you think are the most likely scumteams/killed villager combinations? Who would you like to see lynched today?

Also to be fair I'm taking two math classes at uni but my parents wouldn't care if I dropped out probably

Okay caught up. I'm just going to state outright that the person I have found most suspicious today and late D1 is Da Letter El. The connection between him and Gale has been pointed out a lot and we now have a flip on Gale. I find it more concerning from DLE's standpoint that Gale was a townie, a townie suspicious of him and who had a relationship with him that DLE made minimal effort to refute or address, only enhance (something something not had relations with that woman).

Da Letter El is not inactive. The posts are low-effort. Theres a difference. I'm sure DLE has way more of a life than most of us but the thing is he has contributed quite often to this thread, which makes him quite distinguishable from the actual inactives like PokeguyNXB and acidphoenix whose primary contributions are deflecting from their inactivity. I mean obviously since DLE is a better player and knows not to be dead weight regardless of whatever he is, you would expect a modicum of contribution. My problem is the amounts of them and that he is constantly on the offensive, except when UncleSam called him out. As of writing he has 53 posts in this thread. But almost none of them are useful for understanding what DLE thinks about the game because he mostly only posts one-line refutations of thought and asks questions of the inactives. I really dislike this method of play. And you may disagree with me that that is necessarily scummy or player meta or w/e, but personally I find it a form of playing under the radar. I might've missed one of the posts in my search but the only real comments DLE has made about anyone's actual probable alliance involve protecting Gale, talking about Spiffy and Celever, and warning against the Haunted Diamond lynch. This is some stunning hindsight for someone who has never made any apparent efforts to logic out the village, identifying correctly 2/2 'noobtowns' in a host of inactives and struggling players, with only one mistake onto Spiffy which you can quite easily argue was a setup for a mislynch (and partly came from the PoV that he was warning against the Haunted lynch). I say one mistake because I don't know about Celever yet. But the Celever read was literally this

Celever is probably my top scum atm but I haven't read all of his posts that in depth because there's a lot of them and a lot of yelling at Gale that I really don't want to have to sort through. I was about to do more analysis of the two of them as well as why I think Haunted is a below average lynch.
Not a read, not substantive, very safe target. SPIFFY was the audacious target IMO and DLE's 'read' on Spiffy was literally admittedly gut.

sorry was typing that out. Atm leaning spiffy or celever. Spiffy usually jumps out to me as obvious town when he's town and he hasn't done that so I'd be down for a Spiffyroll. I am missing the Spiffy godreads that I'm so used to seeing from the outside looking in that he never ends up pursuing because he's a pussy.
DLE is a gut player, so thats fine by me and makes sense, even if its very lazy (which I accept either way because DLE is busy and writing 53 one-liners is harder than writing one 53-liner post). But there is no elaboration on Celever in the same vein.

Re. the Gale relationship, Gale wanted to lynch DLE as early as S1 after which DLE took a more benevolent attitude toward him and started to lay low (theres been like nothing out of DLE except responses to Uncle Sam that have been commented on their questionableness). US claimed to drop that line of questioning towards him because DLE is indistinguishable from the other inactives. Why did you drop that point so easily just to go back to hounding acidphoenix, Sam? So I'm going to ask that US consider or reconsider this point and then reconsider that comment at least. Anyway back to Gale. Sorry I just literally crawled out of bed. I find this kind of omniscience about a player that nobody could read with confidence very worrying. As I've stated, I'm fine with attributing a lot of what DLE does to gut play; it's what makes him such a formidable player IMO. However from my PoV if you're confident in a read you know is gut then you should at least attempt to back it up and communicate it to other players, that instinct cannot have materialised spontaneously. So the entire lack of interactions with anyone except that set of users is alarming, where is the gut reaction to people like Sam or Yeti or TIK or PokeguyNXB?

I am going to compare and contrast to one of the other more experienced players in this game, Walrein, in order to make my point a bit clearer. Walrein also oft protests about his activity and has at least put his money where his mouth is by requesting a sub. He has 25 posts and a lot of them are small metacommentaries. But when he makes actual posts they are generally thought-out. By thought-out I do not even mean sound arguments, just that he (very clearly wants to demonstrate) he has put in effort in them. This in itself has been commented on as coming off as disingenuous and excessively considered. I forget who said that tho. However Walrein did post an entire reads post two weeks ago (lol). Unfortunately I cannot ask him to comment on his DLE read because he will just post asking to be subbed again. Like DLE he entirely picks on inactives and Pokeguy. But he is never on the offensive, always on the defensive. Do I think this behaviour looks excessively clean? No not really. It's lazy and ambivalent (on DLE himself he spat out a paragraph of waffling nullread that advocated against a lynch due to not yielding info, lol, but that was two weeks ago so... you see my problem) but it does suggest some intent to engage regardless of whether he is town or mafia, which is why I am using Walrein as the illustrative point. To continue this line of thought I need to know if/who Walrein subbed in for [anyone]. But perhaps you can see the point I am making, that DLE's playstyle does not IMO demonstrate very serious intent to engage from the PoV he is a townie whereas it very much does from the PoV he is scum. The inactivity does add a lot of noise to that ratio and DLE knows it.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Firstly how can one tell that someone has X posts in a thread anymore I thought the new forums removed that option and I miss it.

Secondly I'm not sure I've ever 'dropped the line of questioning' on DLE, it's just that I can only vote one person at a time and it's basically just been me prodding people...I guess I could've pushed him harder but I've pretty consistently said I felt his play was off this game since I first brought it up.

Hey jumpluff, do you agree with me that DLE is off this game? Additionally, who do you think are the most likely scumteams/killed villager combinations? Who would you like to see lynched today?
didn't see this post until I made that post above which details is exactly why I think DLE is off this game. I would like to see DLE lynched probably. At least I think that is the most useful line of interrogation and he is certainly equipped to combat it. I don't like how Pokeguy is playing but it's entirely consistent with how he normally plays (terrified of setting a foot wrong, in the process making everything very difficult for everyone) which is super convenient for him but I think we need him subbed out to get any sort of read on him except 'unhelpful'. Normally I'd just say lynch a wilfully unhelpful person but there are so many in this game I do not actually think PokeguyNXB is an egregious example, c.c. acidphoenix who has more excuses for not doing his homework than I have leaves of absences from this site, c.c. Celever who went stupid aggro and now is nowhere in sight now there's nobody fun to pick on (I do not like this play either, Celever what were you trying to accomplish?), c.c. all the users itg who have been subbed out but now we have a chance to get reads on them. I really need an active players list because the one thing that has been literally impossible to follow is the sub patterns. (for everyone's benefit I am subbing in for Cancerous)

THE ONE THING I find particularly concerning and insincere about his play is his claim that his play is off not because he has been on Epicmafia but because, and I quote, he's a blue or something. Like literally 'I hate not having a night action'. Dude plays epicmafia. Does he do this every time he isn't scum or a cop? Don't buy it. The fact he has been on Epicmafia makes me sceptical there. So I guess what I am saying ultimately is that I think PokeguyNXB is being sincere and that is an ambiguous thing, and what I have noticed in the past with PokeguyNXB and in this thread is that he is a sincere guy and any insincerity is particularly alarming, and there is no real other valid way to characterise him but with his relationships with others since he interacts with nobody who doesn't interact with him first, but I am not ready to lynch him straight up without giving him a chance to be subbed out for someone we could get information out of. If PokeguyNXB doesn't sub and continues to play like this I am sure I will have a good reason to lynch him by tomorrow.

Anyway I don't know if scum have night communication in this game but if PokeguyNXB is scum he is definitely with [DLE/Yeti/Walrein/Sam] who has told him to stick to that strategy and waste time and distract, and that would at least explain the refusal to sub (however PokeguyNXB is refusing to listen to anyone in general so it's entirely possible that's because he was trying to play, so you see the conundrum here). At least, full disclosure, that is what I would do if I got a role PM telling me PokeguyNXB was my scum team. It is an absurdly powerful strategy. I think because a) DLE is likeliest scum to me in that list b) DLE is also playing a similar deflection game it is very possible that DLE is his partner and has told him to do that. DLE has left PokeguyNXB suspiciously alone for someone who is always on acidphoenix's tail, he's asked him one question (which went unanswered and never interrogated upon) and posted a 'light town read' on him. This also fits in with DLE's angle about the ButteredToast kill. But I find Spiffy a very nice and tidy kill for DLE AND PokeguyNXB, since Spiffy was pretty audacious about PokeguyNXB (most ppl too scared to venture beyond nullread) and was also harassing DLE, an argument which I do not buy for why DLE would not kill Spiffy because a) Spiffy was playing quite town IMO which would be more apparent to scum than townies in the confusion that was D1 b) I really do not think DLE could've pulled off a mislynch on Spiffy on Day 2 without cooperation from intelligent scum, Spiffy can defend himself quite capably actually, and Spiffy makes a nice clear town target that is unlikely to be protected. JUST a thought.

so to actually answer the questions I think DLE/PokeguyNXB may be one mafia. This is entirely a hypothesis but the strongest absence of a relationship I see in this game that sets off alarm bells is DLE/PGNXB. Oddly enough as I searched for ButteredToast-related posts this came up as acidphoenix's theory first, and he also laid down the theory originally that that team went after Spiffy. Which I find curious, because my other guess for DLE's scum partner would be acidphoenix. So now I am hesitant writing this because acidphoenix is a reasonable guess for one of the four scum, and if DLE killed Spiffy I am not sure who killed ButteredToast. acidphoenix perhaps with someone like Celever or an uninvested Walrein for the other scum? Yeti or UncleSam would micromanage that kill, I see the Spiffy kill likelier coming from one of them or DLE/PGNXB compared to the ButteredToast kill. TBH I am not sure I agree 100% that Celever would kill either of those people except that he is smart enough to know its more important to get a guaranteed kill than remove a good player. Spiffy actually is an optimal target in that case but only with hindsight, if you do not think he is the other mafia. Another possibility is whoever the fuck subbed in for TIK, TIK was an absolutely good kill that night IMO, he was unusually active for his standards and everyone was fsr identifying him as town and I am not 100% sure why and I find it remarkable that he did not die.

Also when you search the thread use search by member, specify the user, specify this thread only, at the bottom you'll get 'Showing results 1 to 20 of 20' (that's Spiffy ftr)

Lol sorry for the constant posting but I just realised that was a totally unintentional sick burn on Spiffy due to terrible phrasing, sorry dear, what I was intending to say was that Spiffy is a solid player and a solid townie but considered ambiguous enough without the hindsight of his flip that I would be afraid to kill him the first night if I were in the other scumteam, but he was very very unlikely to be protected because of a) popular opinion b) existence of more experienced and vocal players who were driving discussion making likelier protects, so the kill is a very good kill but only if you are confident and I do not think Celever would have had the guts to do it.

thank you very much walrein, I can now finish my interview with sam

scumreads: Da Letter El (discussed rather thoroughly), acidphoenix, U-Turn Out

hesitant scumreads: PokeguyNXB, Celever

townreads: agree with the logic that discussing and analysing and isolating townies is not good play at this stage, everyone is possible scum anyway fmpov

why u-turn out? discussion of walrein + hannahh's bullshit which I 100% think was the reaction of a scum who freaks out when she realises she has to be active + somehow has a strong townread on da letter el for 'great contribution' but a nullread on sam. however u-turn out had a strong start (thats the only terrible logic in their reads and that is why i find that disturbing) and while i think absolutely their previous iterations have to be held against them i would like to give them the chance to continue posting while dle and acidphoenix are still itg and may yield a flip between the two of them. the only thing that alarms me is literally everyone thinks acidphoenix is scum

also ty yeti, i dont think that changes my post very much except noting that pokeguynxb has kind of thrown his hands up helplessly today whereas yesterday he seemed fine with his epicmafia deflect strategy but it is good to know

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
No it's okay, this game told me that NOC is just something that requires much more commitment than most OC games, AND more than i can give a single obligation that i just find more stressful then fun half the time (NOC is extremely stressful)

I feel like DLE wasn't as strong as a town read that I mentioned in my reads post. Two of the reasons I put him as strong town were his irl activity and the hd flip. I believed that he was just busy so he couldn't really post that consistently, his posts were mostly in seperate groups. Th HD flip was also in favor of DLE, he was probably the second most against the lynch, which is why I put him as strong town. If it wasnt for those two reasons he would probably be moderate town or slight town. After looking at DLE's posts, I kind of agree that his playstyle is kind of awkward, he posts questions and answers questions, then disappears for a while. However I believe it was agakn because of irl circumstances, so I didnt really menrion it before. I still think that DLE is kind of towny, because I still think that he's one of the ttwo people that really moved disussion along d2, the oter one being UncleSam. I would still like to hear more from him so Da Letter El you should probably be posting soon.

Also the reason I put unclesam as null read is pretty much for the haunted lynch and gale's certainty for unclesam being mafia. ik that people think he makes no sense but gale still deserves to have a look at. Also the act that he was focusing on the kills and no one has pretty much said a word about hd lynch Other than that UncleSam would probably be town he is the most consistent poster rn

Also Ultrasplot hasnt been on smogon for a week so he probably needs to be subbed out.

UncleSam

Leading this village
What am I supposed to come at you for again?

Also the reason I put unclesam as null read is pretty much for the haunted lynch and gale's certainty for unclesam being mafia. ik that people think he makes no sense but gale still deserves to have a look at. Also the act that he was focusing on the kills and no one has pretty much said a word about hd lynch Other than that UncleSam would probably be town he is the most consistent poster rn
This reads really weird to me; it's almost like you don't want to accuse me of being mafia because you know there's no basis for it, but at the same time you want to keep me in the 'shade' region and so just point to Gale's accusing me without explaining why (or even if?) you found it convincing. You're literally just saying 'remember that townie X accused person Y' without anything indicating that you actually find it to be a convincing accusation in light of Gale's flip.

Explain your thought process here more.

What am I supposed to come at you for again?

This reads really weird to me; it's almost like you don't want to accuse me of being mafia because you know there's no basis for it, but at the same time you want to keep me in the 'shade' region and so just point to Gale's accusing me without explaining why (or even if?) you found it convincing. You're literally just saying 'remember that townie X accused person Y' without anything indicating that you actually find it to be a convincing accusation in light of Gale's flip.

Explain your thought process here more.
im keeping you in the shade region because you're probably the person with the most influence over the town right now, and if you were actually mafia you can pretty much singlehandedly convince the town. i currently think you are town after looking back at your discussion with dle, and you already gained a lot of trust (mine too) but i just want to keep you in the shade region because on the odd chance that you are mafia, it would be an ridiculously easy win for your team and i wanted to keep an eye on you. i didnt really have time to look back at the hd and gale arguments, but i'm basically telling people to try and gain more information from them, since they have been rarely discussed and should be discussed, see if there are any suspicous interactions between you and them. honestly thats really all there is, i really dont want you to be mafia when you have so much influence rn now that everyone who was suspicous of you is gone and im trying to figure out if i can fully trust you. i pretty much dont want a repeat of hd lynch and am trying to figure out who is our best lynch target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)