Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

Struggle is marked as a 0 PP move and therefore is unusable. It basically forces you to forfeit in a Shadow Tag PP stall scenario. Please fix.

Also remove all the annoying pop ups. That dumb af "prepare for trouble" thing stacks before every battle, and there are a few more annoying ones.

There is an issue in vgc matches. When you have 2 pokemon left and your opponent only has 1 left, when you target the opponents mon the game doesn't recognise it and leaves you in an afk state where you eventually lose to timeout.

For the past two days, I have gotten a message saying "unfortunately, showdown has stopped" every time I try to find a battle on the app. It's worked perfectly up until now and I don't know how to fix this issue.

I have had trouble battling and watching battles for the last three days, when i get on the app it logs on and it gives me blanks where it used to have different formats. When i click look for a battle or watch a battle it closes the app

I have had trouble battling and watching battles for the last three days, when i get on the app it logs on and it gives me blanks where it used to have different formats. When i click look for a battle or watch a battle it closes the app
Same problem here u.u well more or less, the app doesnt close but im also unable to fight because the formats doesnt appear.

Same problem here. Haven't been able to search for matches since two days ago. However, I only have the problem on the Smogon University-server, while the Smogon Tournaments-server seems to work fine. It takes a while to find matches, but atleast it works.

There's been a lot of slowness/ socket timeouts on the Showdown servers in general lately. It generally seems to happen for me after 5pm GMT. It's likely affecting the app too since we're connecting to the same server.

The app was working for me for a while, but it suddenly stopped. All I get is a blank space now where the battle types should be. I've tried everything from clearing the data to reinstalling the app to reinstalling Android and nothing works. How can I fix this?
I noticed your phone screenshot says its using 3G. Are you sure your 3G signal is strong enough? I had this exact problem the other day and it was because I was using a (not very strong) 3G connection.

I just got the app myself and I'm having quite a few issues as well. On the battle field screen, above the find battle/watch battle buttons, there's a dropdown menu that seems to be broken (nothing in it, nothing happens upon touching it). I'm assuming that's the tier/format selection, because I can't find it anywhere else. I tried challenging one of my friends to try it out (via the /challenge command in the lounge) and it threw me a "this format is not available" error which backs up my theory; it mustn't be selecting any format which is leading to the error. This would also explain the instant crash upon selecting "find match".

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 running CyanogenMod, Android version 4.4.4 - if it helps I'll list the more specific details in the "about" section here (better too much than not enough, right?):
Model number: GT-I9100
CyanogenMod version: 11-20141028-NIGHTLY-i9100
Android version: 4.4.4
Baseband version: I9100XXLS9
Kernel version: 3.0.64-CM-g4ca83ff
CPU: ARMv7 Processor Rev 1 (v7l)
Memory: 791 MB

Update 1.1.5 is up, fixes the fact that the app is unuseable.
Just launch your current app to get it, or go to http://spo.ink/psandroid

I'll work on the rest of the bugs during this week, holidays :mad:.

Here's the current list for 1.1.6:
- Struggle no pp fixed
- Wormadam weird type fixed
- Fixing some chatroom bug fixed
- Low id avatars not showing in battle fixed
- Change avatar (done)
- Join non lsited chatroom (done)
- changelog view (done)

1.1.6 will roll out today or tommorow (04/08)

Working on multiples species now for AG for next next update

Last edited:
I've finally figured out challenges, waiting for review/merge, then we'll release 1.2 to the masses hopefully.

Might take some time though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)