VGC Help plz :(

Guys can you please help me this team was doing good on ps but i made the team in my game and i started off good then i dropped so quickly(I am a salty player so i feel like its the team but i know its probably me). Please help me see the in's and outs of this team and good pairs together (im a newbie)Note:I pretty much chose all these pokemon because i wanted to use mega medicham but got so frustrated and angry at trying to make a good viable team i searched one.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
Info: I chose the ev spread for Medicham can get the most out of his speed since medi isn't that fast(Also why i gave him jolly), and attack for a high damage output because full attack and pure power is OP! I gave it psycho cut to go against amoonguss, and venusaur, ice punch for thundurus, and landorus, drain punch for recovery and to go against kang ;) and fake out just to stop my opponent from making plays.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
Info:Ok honestly i feel like i messed this rotom up and it sucks cause its shiny with 5ivs!!! anyway cx i chose to give it the ev spread because i was looking for something bulky but also good at attacking and this suited me :) (Modest for more damage output) Hydro pump
because its a staple and good attack, thunderbolt for the same reason. I gave rotom protect because i kept getting so frustrated that he would die so quickly i figured to give him protect(and to get health from leftovers) will o wisp to cut down attackers.Leftovers to regain health obviously

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Protect
Info: I gave scizor tat ev spread because i saw it on a website and it looked good ;/ (i know im terrible) bug bite because with the ability, it does more damage i believe than x scissor, bullet punch for fairys, knock off because of the website and protect for the same reason as rotom (i had superpower) Adamant for more damage, and lum berry because will o wisp destroys scizor :(

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
Info: I gave thundurus the ev spread you see for hidden power ice and to our speed and be a heavy hitter, timid for more speed. Thunderbolt because staple,hp ice because of ev,taunt to stop will o wisps trick room etc., thunder wave to give a speed balance throughout the game. itrus to regain health

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- Ice Beam
Info:I chose this ev spread to get the most out of speed and sp attack, timid for more speed.Protect (before i had gunk shot) just to sav greninja another turn and im tired of seeing him die so easy and me losing, (honestly most of these pokemon i saw there set online so i kinda know why the move choice but at the same time i dont) dark pulse for aegislash and cress, scald to burn i guess and staple, ice beam for lando and thundurus. Life orb for more attack power

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Info:Choice for out speed,Adamant for more damage output, ev spread to be a fast heavy hitter, and moves because of a website.
Please help me i just want to make a good team that i can say is my own not someone elses but i need a pro player(or tutor idk) to help me with building a team.
Just throwing it out there i am interested in making a mega lopunny team and mega lucario team :) if anyone is willing to help me (someone with experience)

Reactions: Mur
Well i dont know much about the tier, but the few changes i'd make are:
Landorus EVs : 44 HP / 252+ Atk / 212 Spe
This spread gives you a slower U-turn for momentum vs other landoruses, while still outspeeding the major big threats. It also gives you a chance to live a +2 suckerpunch bisharp I think

Rotom wash: 252 HP / 120 Spa / 120+ Spdef / 16 spe

This spread ohkos landorus with hydro pump i think , while living charizard's solarbeam. It can help as its a bit more specific than your old set. 16 speed evs help creep .

the changes are mostly for the doubles tier, but the benchmarks I went for are still nice to have if you ask me.

Well i dont know much about the tier, but the few changes i'd make are:
Landorus EVs : 44 HP / 252+ Atk / 212 Spe
This spread gives you a slower U-turn for momentum vs other landoruses, while still outspeeding the major big threats. It also gives you a chance to live a +2 suckerpunch bisharp I think

Rotom wash: 252 HP / 120 Spa / 120+ Spdef / 16 spe

This spread ohkos landorus with hydro pump i think , while living charizard's solarbeam. It can help as its a bit more specific than your old set. 16 speed evs help creep .

the changes are mostly for the doubles tier, but the benchmarks I went for are still nice to have if you ask me.
Well this technically kinda is doubles, but VGC. He probably shouldve used that tag instead of BS but its whatever.

But your rotom spread isnt suited for level 50 at all. VGC and Battle Spot are in level 50 and the way EVing works is much different. 120 in SpA is wasting EVs, 120 in spdef is as well, and 16 in speed is too.

12 ev's in speed hit the same number. You actually need 148+ in spdef to live zard solar beam 100% and only need 60 in SpA to ohko lando-t, or alternatively 76 SpA to ohko tflame with tbolt.

NOVED i just changed the tag thanks for telling me :) can you explain how to make ev spreads for vgc doubles? Im still lost im new to the competitive scene thats why i look up sets i dont know which set works with who but i just look at the best one i understand there has to be a core in a doubles vgc set? I got this team from online and im not sure the core but correct me if im wrong (which i probadly am) is the core mega medicham and scizor? Causs last night i got a bit more understanding, i was told you have to build a core first (1-3 pkmn or weather team) and you have to build around them, that the other pokemon should support them balance weaknesses out

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Hey there, Medicham is a pretty mediocre mega to be honest, but it's nice to see someone trying it out! For starters, I suggest using Zen Headbutt over Psycho Cut on Medicham. You might think that the added power wouldn't do anything, but it actually does. Zen Headbutt gives Medicham a MUCH higher chance at OHKOing 252 HP / 212 Def Relaxed Amoonguss and most bulky Mega Vensaur while Psycho Cut only has a 12.5% chance at OHKOing Amoonguss. I also suggest replacing Ice Punch with Protect. Protect is super important on a frail attacker such as Mega Medicham, as it can allow it to block from hits that could OHKO it, such as Talonflame's Brave Bird, or block status, paralysis and burn will severly cripple Mega Medicham. Ice Punch also doesn't really hit anything relevant to be honest. Most Landorus-Ts are Choice Scarf so they are able to outrun Mega Medicham and KO it, Mega Salamence has higher Speed than Medicham, and against 252 HP / 120 Def Thundurus (the "standard" set), Ice Punch has only a 31.3% chance to OHKO, which isn't worth it at all considering Zen Headbutt is a 2HKO as well.

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Thundurus: 164-194 (88.1 - 104.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Thundurus: 130-154 (69.8 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Amoonguss: 188-224 (85 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Amoonguss: 216-254 (97.7 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Psycho Cut vs. 180 HP / 76 Def Mega Venusaur: 158-188 (88.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 180 HP / 76 Def Mega Venusaur: 180-212 (101.1 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Your Thundurus spread isn't the best for the role that you assigned it to be honest. Your Thundurus is suppose to be a bulky supporter but you gave it a spread of a Life Orb attacker so I suggest changing Thundurus's spread to 252 HP / 120 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe with a Calm Nature. This spread allows Thundurus to have a high chance to live two Rock Slide from Terrakion or Landorus-T and Life Orb Hydreigon's Draco Meteor. The Speed EVs allows Thundurus to outrun positive nature base 70s such as Jolly Breloom.

Now for a few bigger changes. Scizor doesn't offer anything for your team to be honest. Outside of being able to reliably check Cresselia and Fairies, there isn't anything else Scizor offers. I suggest using Heatran instead of Scizor. Heatran offers the same coverage against Fairy-types while also helping your Sun matchup immensely. Heatran is also able to check Aegislash, which currently your team doesn't have a reliable way of beating. A spread of 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe with a Modest Nature and a Shuca Berry allows Heatran to survive Landorus-T's Earthquake and outrun neutral base 70s such as Bisharp.

Finally, I suggest you replace Greninja with Aegislash. Greninja isn't a bad Pokemon, however, it doesn't offer anything new for your team outside of being able to check Mega Salamence. Aegislash already fares pretty decent against Mega Salamence considering the special set risks activating its Weakness Policy with Fire Blast and Hyper Voice can be blocked by Wide Guard and the physical set risks activating its WP with Earthquake too. Aegislash has coverage versus Psychic, like Greninja, while Rotom-W already offers Water-type coverage. Aegislash also has a much better matchup versus Trick Room and Tailwind teams, both of which Greninja is helpless against.

Once again, Mega Medicham is a super legit Mega and it's nice seeing people try out something new! Hope I helped man and good luck with the team!!! :]
-DaAwesomeDude1

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 36 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 44 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 SpD (this spread allows Aegislash to live a Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse, but you can use a simple spread of 252 HP / 252 SpA if you prefer)
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)