UU Simple Questions Thread

Hey, I have a quick question about Shaymin. I just had a match vs someone and beated his first 4 pokemon without ko and he/she used an Shaymin with strage attacks. It ohko my first 3 pokemon and had six attacks total! Extrasensory, night daze, leech seed, seed flare, earth power and air slash. I killed it after air slash, so i cant tell if there were more... It out speeded my thundurus with 353 speed without buffs or something else, Choice Scarf shouldt be possible and other items too cause it got an knock off in the second round or so. Is this even possible or was this an hack? I've made an screenshot.
This was a player using Zoroark, which appears as the last Pokemon in his team, in addition to a Shaymin at different points.

Which EVs/Nature are best for Assault Vest Tangrowth???

You can either be max spAtt and hp with -speed nature which i believe is quiet, or you can go ou stall style and max hp along with max spdef which still hits hard and allows you check a great number of special attackers. Run sludge wave to check chesnaught and whimi, run focus blast to check hydregion, run knock off because it is the best mixed attack you can have as a regen wall, and stab which can be power whip or leafstorm or giga drain. You can even run eq for entei switch in. Dont worry about minus speed nature. You still beat out reuni slowking and doublade.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Which EVs/Nature are best for Assault Vest Tangrowth???
You can either be max spAtt and hp with -speed nature which i believe is quiet, or you can go ou stall style and max hp along with max spdef which still hits hard and allows you check a great number of special attackers. Run sludge wave to check chesnaught and whimi, run focus blast to check hydregion, run knock off because it is the best mixed attack you can have as a regen wall, and stab which can be power whip or leafstorm or giga drain. You can even run eq for entei switch in. Dont worry about minus speed nature. You still beat out reuni slowking and doublade.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Max Carvalho Mega Blastoise is a good pick, great coverage and power + good speed tier for that sort of team + can remove hazards without getting rid of your webs.

By the way use Life Orb Galvantula instead of Focus Sash, I don't know which one you were planning to go with but I want to mention it just in case.

Good luck with the team!

Mega Blastoise is pretty strong and appreciates slower opponents, just bear in mind that it still loses to Beedrill and Sceptile at -1 and Aero is immune

Alternatively, something like Modest Sceptile or Mega Aero would appreciate having the Scarfers that generally revenge kill them nullified.

You could also try Camerupt as it is generally out sped anyway and can check and wall break stuff like entei and florges.

Edit: Oh and Galvantual
The problem is that the point of webs is generally to allow slower-but-not-slow wallbreakers (like Blastoise, or say a Choice Band Salamence or a Shaymin or something) to outspeed things they normally wouldnt, so they can stay in longer and even clean up games.
Camerupt at most hits 142 speed when max invested with a positive nature, so with Sticky Web it's still outsped by anything over 228 speed (neutral max-invested base 65, uninvested 100, etc) so it's still being forced out often.

The problem is that the point of webs is generally to allow slower-but-not-slow wallbreakers (like Blastoise, or say a Choice Band Salamence or a Shaymin or something) to outspeed things they normally wouldnt, so they can stay in longer and even clean up games.
Camerupt at most hits 142 speed when max invested with a positive nature, so with Sticky Web it's still outsped by anything over 228 speed (neutral max-invested base 65, uninvested 100, etc) so it's still being forced out often.
oh whoops yeah i misunderstood the question. I though he wanted mons on his ho that can still work when webs are up on their side

Didn't think this question was worthy of a rmt so thought id post here-

I'm looking for a 6th member for my team- I currently have hone claws m-aero, empoleon, specs helio, scarf darm, banded hera and bulky special salamence.
Thinking of replacing Salamence with a fairy- namely Florges, Aromatisse or Whimsicott so as to maintain a check to fighting types whilst helping me better cover Hydreigon and M-Blastoise.

I'm Currently leaning towards a physically defensive Florges but thought I'd just ask and see what you guys thought.

Cheers in advance!

To be honest, that looks like a pretty decent semi-offensive team, so it's just do you want to go more power or more utility. Personally, I'd recommend Whimsicott over Darmanitan, since you've got stuff to cover fire and steel plus a fighting type if you want superpower.

Don't quote me on it, others would do my job better.

Which set for Jellicent? I've been hearing Taunt with enough speed to beat 208 but I'm unsure of the rest of the moves/EVs...

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Scald

Enough speed to outrun 8 Spe Suicune, but running more is a good idea if you want Jellicent to check it reliably because Suicune commonly runs a lot of creep for other Suicunes. (You need to be able to Taunt it before it can Rest or you'll get PP stalled.)
Thank you!!! =)

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Which set for Jellicent? I've been hearing Taunt with enough speed to beat 208 but I'm unsure of the rest of the moves/EVs...
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex / Scald

Enough speed to outrun 8 Spe Suicune, but running more is a good idea if you want Jellicent to check it reliably because Suicune commonly runs a lot of creep for other Suicunes. (You need to be able to Taunt it before it can Rest or you'll get PP stalled.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)