General Introduce yourself!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi... I've been a lurker for a long time. Just recently got into battling again and am fresh out of high school. Would be cool to make some new friends. Shoot me a message. I have a ps4, just beat Alpha Sapphire, and like to play League of Legends. :)
That's quite a long time to lurk, lol! Glad to see that you're finally starting to become a part of Smogon's community! Congrats on graduating! I'd gladly be your friend, just message me whenever you need something, and I'll try my best to help! I wish I had a PS4 or Alpha Sapphire (cry). Is there anything on Smogon that you want to get involved with?

Hi guys I am The Bat Frog,I am on pokemon showdown and i love to battle been playing since late xy and i really am just here to learn more so i can become a very good battler and maybe one day be #1 on the lader:afrostar:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi guys I am The Bat Frog,I am on pokemon showdown and i love to battle been playing since late xy and i really am just here to learn more so i can become a very good battler and maybe one day be #1 on the lader:afrostar:
Hi The Bat Frog! I'm on Pokemon Showdown too, haha. I used to like battling but then i kind of lost interest :(. What tiers do you play? If you want to learn more about battling, check out Battling 101! Enjoy your stay on smogon!

Hello! My name on PS! is the same as this one (PyoroLoli), I mainly play UU, Ubers, RU, 1v1 and Monotype. Usually I ladder on other tiers. I also played all of Gen1/2/3 (Never played Gen4/5/6) games, but my favo(u)rite game is FireRed/LeafGreen. I only came here on Smogon because I needed an account for a group thing, but now I look forward to posting and contributing here ^^

Last edited:
Hey, I'm TakaT, made an account on PS! with username TakamaruTaihou also. Tryna get into competitive VGC battling, and I noticed a bug! So I made an account here and reported it. gaha. also, I feel that I might need some help in improving my team so don't just think that I made an account just to make one bug report ;) Started with Pokemon Emerald, then played LeafGreen, Black, Black2, X, and AlphaSapphire.

good day ,
The name is Simon,i'm 20 years old and the reaon for making a smogon account is so that i could make a private group on showdown for the people of my pokémon community. (>1000 active members)

cheers

Hey! I'm Zach, and I'm a Pokéholic. all kidding aside, I've been playing Pokemon, ever since I discovered the magic of the Game Boy Color in 2003. I would buy the games with my allowance, and I went through Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald (Love), Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, X, Y, and Omega Ruby. I've completed the Dex thrice, in Blue, Sapphire, and Emerald. Clearly Emerald was my favorite game. I'd bet I could actually play it blindfolded. Ever since I obtained a level 5 Beldum from Steven's house in Mossdeep City in 2006, I've fallen in love with Metagross. From there, my love evolved into a love for all steel types. Right now, I'm running a Mega Sharpedo/Nidoqueen team on Battle Spot. It's doing pretty well. I'm building a team around a Thundurus-T/Heliolisk core, and if you guys could give me some input, that'd be awesome!

Greetings and other stuff!

Call me Ishmael. Or Tibbz. Yeah, Tibbz is good.

I"m 26, from upstate New York. I DO NOT LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY. I realize it's a waste but everybody thinks NYC is our whole state. They don't have garbage plates in New York City, okay? Oops, gave it away. Oh well.

I'm an original -- been playing since the Red and Blue days. My favorite pokemon has never changed! I'm a Gyarados fan through and through, and there's nothing you can do about it!

As far as real life, I spend most of my days selling internet advertising to folks all over the country. Ka-ching. It's a gig, it works. Teaches me to never give up. You keep going forward, you learn, sometimes you make 200 dollars in an hour - happened today! Don't worry, I'm broke a lot of the time too. You needn't be jealous.

In the same vein as learning about things, I'm pretty new actually to the metagame and competitive play in general. I just posted my first ever, ickle team on RMT, so head over there and give me some feedback! I love me some feedback!

What are you waiting for?

I'm friendly and maybe a little insane, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it here. Cheers!

What up Danny, welcome to Smogon! I also skipped generation 5, so we have that in common. I eventually played through it, just to see if it was actually that bad. Why did you (decide to) skip it? Also, way back I did have a thing for monotype teams too, but that interest kind of left me. I now rather make teams as diverse as possible.
Is there anything specific reason you joined Smogon, or anything in particular you want to know? Don't be afraid to ask!
I also play Pokemon Showdown! every now and then, so maybe we'll encounter each other on there!
i just wasn't very interested/didn't have enough money to spend on games at the time. how was it?

i joined smogon to get help with my competitive team and to find other people who love pokemon as much as i do!

Hey! I'm Zach, and I'm a Pokéholic. all kidding aside, I've been playing Pokemon, ever since I discovered the magic of the Game Boy Color in 2003. I would buy the games with my allowance, and I went through Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald (Love), Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, X, Y, and Omega Ruby. I've completed the Dex thrice, in Blue, Sapphire, and Emerald. Clearly Emerald was my favorite game. I'd bet I could actually play it blindfolded. Ever since I obtained a level 5 Beldum from Steven's house in Mossdeep City in 2006, I've fallen in love with Metagross. From there, my love evolved into a love for all steel types. Right now, I'm running a Mega Sharpedo/Nidoqueen team on Battle Spot. It's doing pretty well. I'm building a team around a Thundurus-T/Heliolisk core, and if you guys could give me some input, that'd be awesome!
The gameboy color man sadly I wasn't much of a gamer when the gameboy color came out I played on my ds lite instead and man that was a great experience. Diamond and emerald were great games. I wish I still had all my Pokemon games got them taken away though and sent to goodwill though a year ago quiet tragic. I'm slowly rebuilding my Pokemon collection and I've been playing Pokemon and yellow and it's kinda ehhhh. My favorite Pokemon is suicune and crystal is a pretty solid game. Soul silver and heart gold were really the amazing games though if you ask me.

Now about the battling stuff I got bored snooped around through your post count etc...creativity in Pokemon move sets are fun and great I even like to use bad Pokemon to sometimes. I was a little surprised at how you can be "banned already." That's why I checked your stuff around I'm not the best in battling. I do however have a 1400 latter rating in OU so I'm decent enough to know what I'm doing somewhat so I can help you with anything. These people are a little more busy but they can help as well EonX, TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, QueBien. I hope to see yah around smogon:)

Hey guys! This actually isn't my first time on the Smogon Forums. I made an account a while back, but when I tried to share some of my creative sets in the OU threads, I got a lot of crap. I'm hoping to start fresh here! If anybody knows a thread where I can post, and genuinely be accepted, no matter how unconventional the set, please tell me! That'd be great!

I discovered the mystical world of Pokemon back in 2004, when I got my first Gameboy Color. I played the crap out of Red, Yellow, and later on, Blue as well. In 2005, I discovered Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Honestly, I didn't like them all that much. That being said, I was 6. But then Emerald came. I found the entire premise of two evil teams, and so many new Steel Types than Gen 2 amazing! Emerald actually made me take another look at R/S, and honestly, I began to love all Gen 3 games. There was one other reason I loved gen 3 so. The dragons. I loved the Dragons. Salamence, Flygon, Altaria, Rayquaza, Latios, and Latias. These 6 were my favorites, and I used to build up monotype dragon teams. Generations 4 and 5 never appealed to me. I started to play Diamond, but never really got into it. Black and White (2) never struck my fancy either. But then came Gen 6 in 2013. Which I didn't play. But then, in March of 2014, I was informed they would be remaking my beloved Gen 3 games. Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. Now of course the first words out of my mouth were, "what about Emerald?" And as disappointed as I was that Delta Emerald was nothing more than a Post Game adventure, I still fell in love with Omega Ruby. I've logged over 750 hours in the game! I loved gen 6 so much, that I played X and Y. Which in my opinion were only good for the Friend Safari. But that's all about my Pokemon Career!

Hey guys, I'm Dan and this is my first time on the Smogon Forums (although I've read a lot of stuff on them before without signing up). My favourite pokemon are Heliolisk and Malamar and I'm currently trying to make a VGC team with Malamar so any input with that would be great! I'm very new to VGC so I might need some help with getting to know it at some point! I started playing with pokemon leaf green and have played every game since but only recently got into competitive battling with the help of some youtubers playing wifi battles that I love to watch. I also play on pokemon showdown so maybe we'll battle there at some point :)

Hey guys, I'm Dan and this is my first time on the Smogon Forums (although I've read a lot of stuff on them before without signing up). My favourite pokemon are Heliolisk and Malamar and I'm currently trying to make a VGC team with Malamar so any input with that would be great! I'm very new to VGC so I might need some help with getting to know it at some point! I started playing with pokemon leaf green and have played every game since but only recently got into competitive battling with the help of some youtubers playing wifi battles that I love to watch. I also play on pokemon showdown so maybe we'll battle there at some point :)
Hey! I've been battling VGC style on battle spot for quite a while now, and I could definitely help you out with team building! I had a lot of Success with a Mega Charizard Y team, and a Mega Gengar team. Do you know which Mega you're most interested in using?

Hi, my name is Epic_Mewtwo, but you can call me Mewtwo.

I don't need to tell you what my favourite Pokemon is.

I've been playing Pokemon since Platinum and I found Smogon because I'm trying to get into competitive battling. But I still struggle with it, so help would be appreciated! :P

My favourite Pokemon generation was Gen IV. That's where it all started!

Hi, I'm Xhaka. I've been browsing the forums but this is the first time I have an account.

I've been playing Pokemon on and off for about 11 years but now I want to battle competitively, so that's how I found out about Smogon. I want to try the Battle101 programs soon and learn from others and know more battlers. I struggle building teams, so that's something I'm interested in improving, as my general knowledge of the metagame.

My favourite poke is Mew, and that's been the same all the way back to Gen I!

Hey I'm FairySteel.I've been lurking around smogon for ages but this is my first post. My favourite pokemon is mega sceptile and my favourite gen is gen 4 I skipped x and y and b2w2 but apart from those I've got a game from every gen.
Platinum is my game I've been playing it for years and nuzlocking it and whatnot. The thing I'm sad about is that we will never see a water electric Kyogre as it should have been. Anyway I ladder on ps mostly on little cup and ou but little cup is my thing. I don't know any other tier where u can 6-0 with a soak chinchou. I hope to win the VGC but most likely I won't so I'll try to be top of the LC ladder instead (another impossible task).

Hey I'm FairySteel.I've been lurking around smogon for ages but this is my first post. My favourite pokemon is mega sceptile and my favourite gen is gen 4 I skipped x and y and b2w2 but apart from those I've got a game from every gen.
Platinum is my game I've been playing it for years and nuzlocking it and whatnot. The thing I'm sad about is that we will never see a water electric Kyogre as it should have been. Anyway I ladder on ps mostly on little cup and ou but little cup is my thing. I don't know any other tier where u can 6-0 with a soak chinchou. I hope to win the VGC but most likely I won't so I'll try to be top of the LC ladder instead (another impossible task).
Mega Sceptile is great! If you ever want to collaborate with somebody to build a team, be it VGC, or Singles, by all means, let me know! I'd be glad to help you out!

Hi, my name is Epic_Mewtwo, but you can call me Mewtwo.

I don't need to tell you what my favourite Pokemon is.

I've been playing Pokemon since Platinum and I found Smogon because I'm trying to get into competitive battling. But I still struggle with it, so help would be appreciated! :P

My favourite Pokemon generation was Gen IV. That's where it all started!
Hey I'm new to competitive battling as well! Let me know if you have any good tips. If you have a team, I"d recommend posting it to rate my team if you haven't already. I found that feedback to be very helpful.

Hey I'm new to competitive battling as well! Let me know if you have any good tips. If you have a team, I"d recommend posting it to rate my team if you haven't already. I found that feedback to be very helpful.
If you want any tips, go ahead and ask! I've been in competitI've for almost a year now, so I have a reasonable knowledge base

Hey I'm Magermilchpuur and I've been here for a year but I've never been a big poster so I thought I start now with being more active in this forum. I've been playing Pokemon for my whole life and played almost every Pokemon game that exists. My favourite generations are Gen II and Gen IV and my favourite Pokemon is Scizor.Just hit me up if you want to talk, battle or do other stuff^^

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
Hey all. I'm alephgalactus. I've been on this forum for a few months, but I only just got an account now. I've been playing Pokémon since Gen III and have every main-series game from Gen III and onward. My favorite generation was Gen III, but my favorite Pokémon games were HeartGold and SoulSilver. My favorite Pokémon is Cyndaquil. I'm pretty good at Super Smash Bros., especially Smash 4. I can sometimes be found in the Pokémon Showdown Lobby, and I also battle, mainly in Randoms. I'm also trying my hand at Mix and Mega. My favorite food is pizza.

Hi, I'm ijp, 20-something maths student.

I got obsessed with pokemon back in the good old Gen I days, and played and loved Gen II. Except for a brief flirt with Gen IV, I didn't play much pokemon till Gen VI got me hooked again.
I don't really have a favourite pokemon, maybe Mega Slowbro, but my favourite type is Ice (with Ghost a near second).
I'd like to try my hand at battling competitively, and smogon seems like the best place to go for help.

Hey I'm new to the smogon world and would like to learn the ins and outs of all the battling that goes on in pokemon. One day id like to be good enough to enter tournaments :) Would love to also take the 101 battle class and learn lots more.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
OK I'm sorry you guys went without replies for so long but don't worry we haven't forgotten you c:

Hey I'm new to the smogon world and would like to learn the ins and outs of all the battling that goes on in pokemon. One day id like to be good enough to enter tournaments :) Would love to also take the 101 battle class and learn lots more.
Hi! I'd say you'd be best off holding off on getting involved in the big tournament scene for now (it's best to only enter like small-name tournaments rather than anything big like SPL anytime soon because it's not the best place to start off on in Smogon). Otherwise... definitely get involved in B101, yeah. It's just tough to get into sometimes, so don't be deterred if you can't straight away :) Welcome!

Hey all. I'm alephgalactus. I've been on this forum for a few months, but I only just got an account now. I've been playing Pokémon since Gen III and have every main-series game from Gen III and onward. My favorite generation was Gen III, but my favorite Pokémon games were HeartGold and SoulSilver. My favorite Pokémon is Cyndaquil. I'm pretty good at Super Smash Bros., especially Smash 4. I can sometimes be found in the Pokémon Showdown Lobby, and I also battle, mainly in Randoms. I'm also trying my hand at Mix and Mega. My favorite food is pizza.
Hey welcome :) I love Cyndaquil too! Actually I literally love all Johto starters so I always struggle in choosing a starter (life is hard yes). But that's cool what areas are you gonna be hanging out at on this forum? c:

Hi, I'm ijp, 20-something maths student.

I got obsessed with pokemon back in the good old Gen I days, and played and loved Gen II. Except for a brief flirt with Gen IV, I didn't play much pokemon till Gen VI got me hooked again.
I don't really have a favourite pokemon, maybe Mega Slowbro, but my favourite type is Ice (with Ghost a near second).
I'd like to try my hand at battling competitively, and smogon seems like the best place to go for help.
Hi ijp! I am...not good whatsoever at maths so seeing people that are good at maths is something always foreign to me (even though my bf is amazing at it too). But yea!

Don't miss out on gen 5, a really good set of games and you'd be missing out a lot on not playing them imo. Gen 6 is amazing but storyline-wise gen 5 kills every other generation. c: As for battling, try to get involved in battling 101, but if you can't, chester0334, one of our regs here might be able to help you out with some of the basics when he's free. :) Have fun around here!

Hello! My name on PS! is the same as this one (PyoroLoli), I mainly play UU, Ubers, RU, 1v1 and Monotype. Usually I ladder on other tiers. I also played all of Gen1/2/3 (Never played Gen4/5/6) games, but my favo(u)rite game is FireRed/LeafGreen. I only came here on Smogon because I needed an account for a group thing, but now I look forward to posting and contributing here ^^
As I said to the person above, I highly recommend gen 5, so you should totally try 'em out. :) ...no I'm not a walking advertising service for gen 5... or am I? Either way have fun getting involved here! If you need any help fitting in, check out the help form stickied at the top of this forum!

Hey, I'm TakaT, made an account on PS! with username TakamaruTaihou also. Tryna get into competitive VGC battling, and I noticed a bug! So I made an account here and reported it. gaha. also, I feel that I might need some help in improving my team so don't just think that I made an account just to make one bug report ;) Started with Pokemon Emerald, then played LeafGreen, Black, Black2, X, and AlphaSapphire.
Yea definitely do more than just find bugs, though if you do that often you might be able to earn a badge for that, so hey that's something! Never be afraid to report I guess?? :) Hopefully you find your place here instead of just finding bugs unless they're like Vivillon and you use them competitively in NU or something!

good day ,
The name is Simon,i'm 20 years old and the reaon for making a smogon account is so that i could make a private group on showdown for the people of my pokémon community. (>1000 active members)

cheers
Welcome Simon :) Hopefully you don't just plan to make a private group and then leave us?? You gotta stick around and find your place in the community ok! Or at least check us out, we're a pretty cool place you might enjoy maaaaybe. c:

Greetings and other stuff!

Call me Ishmael. Or Tibbz. Yeah, Tibbz is good.

I"m 26, from upstate New York. I DO NOT LIVE IN NEW YORK CITY. I realize it's a waste but everybody thinks NYC is our whole state. They don't have garbage plates in New York City, okay? Oops, gave it away. Oh well.

I'm an original -- been playing since the Red and Blue days. My favorite pokemon has never changed! I'm a Gyarados fan through and through, and there's nothing you can do about it!

As far as real life, I spend most of my days selling internet advertising to folks all over the country. Ka-ching. It's a gig, it works. Teaches me to never give up. You keep going forward, you learn, sometimes you make 200 dollars in an hour - happened today! Don't worry, I'm broke a lot of the time too. You needn't be jealous.

In the same vein as learning about things, I'm pretty new actually to the metagame and competitive play in general. I just posted my first ever, ickle team on RMT, so head over there and give me some feedback! I love me some feedback!

What are you waiting for?

I'm friendly and maybe a little insane, so I'm pretty sure I'll like it here. Cheers!
Hello longest introduction I have quoted tonight! Welcome Tibbz C: I, being from Australia, didn't even know NY was a state until a few years ago sooo oops! But I'm not expected to know it so... yell at your fellow Americans I'd say.

That's ok, at least you have a shiny of your favourite Pokemon, not everyone has that really... well I do but it's not like my game forced me to get it to be a shiny. c:

That sounds terribly depressing. I tried out a telemarketing thing to only businesses for a few days and it made me feel terrible, like I was a stalker or something so I left it out by the fourth day lol. Not my thing, but definitely if you have the willpower to succeed at that then congrats, because I much prefer selling lotto. :')

I dont battle anymore so I'm not gonna be giving feedback on anything except your intro post. Good intro post, 9/10, could use more colour and more paragraphs, but ok attempt.

...Welcome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)