Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Honestly I could see Nintendo pulling out Nero from DMC4 as a surprise pick later down the road. The dude has so much potential in a fighting game, especially one that utilizes 3 buttons (attack, special, and grab) and over all I could see him work very well. I would present my idea out but tbh if Nero was to ever come out he wouldn't come out any time soon because Capcom already has 2 characters in.

ZeRo wins evo... shocking news. But even though I was unable to watch the finals and a lot of evo, what I saw was really awesome, with lots of character variety and amazing matches. It truly was an amazing tournament, in my opinion obviously.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who cares about K. Rool, anyway? We're only getting a couple more DLC characters and I want me some Shovel Knight.

Sakurai is a complete idiot if he seriously thinks this is good enough after he said "It's all going to be fanservice". He can't possibly be this out of touch with the fans.

Well, Meta Knight was announced in this fashion too.

Also yeah I'm a Leo fan for life now. He's gonna two stock Zero.

The competitive community is nowhere close to the majority of the fanbase. Sakurai's literally suffered from exhaustion trying to get Smash 4 out.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The competitive community is nowhere close to the majority of the fanbase. Sakurai's literally suffered from exhaustion trying to get Smash 4 out.
It's his fault for wanting to make all the frame data/hitboxes/animations/whatever else and not distributing the work or making a specialized team of a few people he trusts to do it or whatever. I honestly as a consumer don't care as long as the product is delivered and I don't get directly insulted for wanting to play the game at a competitive level.

The rest of the fans who play the game casually probably don't care about balance patches honestly. I know if I was playing Brawl or Melee back in the day and some frame data/hitboxes were slightly altered with every patch I'd probably not really notice it at all because I wouldn't be that in-depth into the game.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
We get Peach's Castle & Hyrule Castle from Smash 64, Tourney mode for Wii U, Mii costumes which very few will buy,

Sakurai's trolling at his finest.

EDIT: I actually think he's trying to say he's already working on King K. Rool by putting this Mii costume up

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I think the more trollish costumes he's releasing are the "parka" costumes, GIVE ME ICE CLIMBERS INSTAD YOU ASS

but ya, I'm pumped for the new stages, both were great in 64

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wish there was some more info as to how they're processing Smash Ballot results :(

Or even a table or something showing the most popular results/games right now would be nice

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I love how Sakurai is shitting on Chrom in this game. First he adds his best friend and daughter, then he gets a Mii costume which most people won't buy since they're to busy on For Glory.
They even shit on him in Robin's Palutena's Guidance. Viridi calls him a carbon copy of Ike, even though Dark Pit and Lucina are clones and Palutena says he doesn't have a recovery move like Aether, even though he can have Aether as an ability in FE:A
And I thought Palutena was all knowing.
I'm prefaceing this post by saying these are all my personal opinions. I'm a casual player so I'm probably not as fine tuned as others are.

Chrom was a meh character in FE:A anyway. Robin served as a better (main) protagonist, Lucina was a good plot device. There was nothing about Chrom I personally liked nor stood out for me.

I agree that Lucina could've had more varience in terms of moveset to differenciate herself more from Marth - but I feel she plays differently enough when you take into account the sword mechanics.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Well then again, Lucina is basically a female Marth (within the FE series), but hey it's a cute flat chest Marth, so why the fuck not. Chrom is just another blue hair prince like Marth, no reason for him to be there.
As for K Rool, he really could be a very original character, gonna be very sad if Sakurai actually end with him being just a mii costume.

Actually, you know what it's right to do? If you supported K. Rool, heck even if you didn't since this could easily happen to your favourite character, go on the Smash Ballot page and submit a vote for him again, asking for him as an actual character and not as a mere Mii outfit. Then you could maybe ask to your friends, or even better, to your followers on your social media page(Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, tumblr or whatever else) to do the same.
Everyone's gonna do their part to #KrocTheVote.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Well then again, Lucina is basically a female Marth (within the FE series), but hey it's a cute flat chest Marth, so why the fuck not. Chrom is just another blue hair prince like Marth, no reason for him to be there.
As for K Rool, he really could be a very original character, gonna be very sad if Sakurai actually end with him being just a mii costume.
https://twitter.com/NairoMK/status/619949692139491328

Real talk though, why hasn't anyone online heard of a sports bra?

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In other news, more Mii Costumes have been announced: The Honey Bear, Flying Man, and Lloyd costumes are confirmed to arrive in some future update!

Pretty excited for the Dr. Mario stage, I wonder whether the pills will be insta-kill if they squash a character...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)