Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates on these two cores:
  • Silverbackkap: Mega Lopunny + Scolipede - this core has been re-taken by Subject 18. i built 12 different variations of this team, but it sadly just didn't work out for me. even after trying to look at the core from different angles, i just wasn't feeling it. sorry :x
  • ShadowGuy1: Kyurem-Black + Mega Diancie - i'll try to get this done ASAP. sorry in advance for the wait :(
Legends once spoke of a team 2 weeks in the making lmao
Seriously though I never realized it was such a tricky core.. gl subject 18!

Last edited:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower

ir0n. This is a core I've used a decent amount in the past dating back to XY, so I'm fairly comfortable with this one. Since both of the Pokemon are fairly bulky going bulky offense/balance is the best option. From there I know that Keldeo kind of dumps on both Scizor and Heatran, so I added Latias as one of the two Keldeo checks. The set is pretty straight forward, the only difference is that I have Thunderbolt over Psyshock for the coverage on Azumarill, Skarmory, and hitting both Bisharp for neutral. I went with Dragon Pulse because it gives less room for setup sweepers that would normally set up on Latias at -2 SpA. Next I added Suicune as a second Keldeo check and a decent Azumarill switch in as well. Suicune allows you to break stall teams with a couple Calm minds, and honestly you'll just beat a lot of the teams out there since most of them are so weak to it. You can use Roar over Sleep Talk to phase opposing sweepers like Clefable, but with Scizor + Heatran you shouldn't really need to use that. So from there the only things I was fearing was +1 Dragon Dance users like Zard X, Dragonite, and Mega Gyarados, Scarf Landorus gave me a bulky ground type and an answer the previously mentioned threats. Lastly I added Clefable, because no bulky offense team is really complete without it, right? Clefable completes the Fairy-Dragon-Steel combo and acts as second stall breaker/sweeper.

Hope that works you!
Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like this team is quite weak to HO. Using thunder wave instead of flamethrower on clefable seems like a good idea, what do you think?Or maybe I'm just bad against HO

Updates on these two cores:
  • Silverbackkap: Mega Lopunny + Scolipede - this core has been re-taken by Subject 18. i built 12 different variations of this team, but it sadly just didn't work out for me. even after trying to look at the core from different angles, i just wasn't feeling it. sorry :x
  • ShadowGuy1: Kyurem-Black + Mega Diancie - i'll try to get this done ASAP. sorry in advance for the wait :(
k take your time bud!

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Hey boltsandbombers really sorry for the delay of the build in the first place but here it is. I like Mix Ape i think is pretty ass underrated threat at least in ORAS so taking adventage of pusuit weavile to get rid of Lati@s which can easily switch / revenge kill ape the mix set works better than scarf with weavile, as neither of two mons is a solid switch in too Lati@s and bulky psichics i decided to add Clefable which also check opposing weavile due to offensive ape isnt at all a switch in the filler move i choose was t-wave to help in the late game sweeper or just slow down fast threat such as Mega Kazam. The best pivot for this is without a doubt Lando-t and his capabily of set up rocks and gaining momentum with u-turn also with intimidate allow you to check a lot of physical type attackers, at the moment i watch the team and i was very vulnerable to Keldeo and Bisharp so my check option is Bulky reflect type starmie, provide hazard control to the team and a solid check to Keldeo if it isnt Sub CM version, but the team needed a answer to bish so psyshock wasnt an option, the way i check bisharp is predicting iron head or have a free switch in into starmie than reflect type and click the best move in the game called Scald, but if that isnt enough i give enough speed to Lando-T to outspeed adamant Bish and live a +2 sucker Punch due to his bulk and last having a hazard control, having already a u-turn user, having Lure Grass Knot on Ape ( Does like 70% to Hippo) and not having a mega yet, i though the best mega which fit in the team it is mega man, can check CM keldeo, complete the volt-turn core to pressure stall and Fairies which it is a weakness on the team as you can see you dont have switch in to fairies but fairies only have a free switch in against Starmie so you gotta pressure them and a fast mon to revenge thing. I tested a bit and only have trouble agaisnt gardevoir-mega but Hope you like the team Enjoy !
WHy Iron Fist on ape? There are no moves that benefit from it listed in your set.

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll assume that my initial request was ignored because it wasn't really a core per se but merely two Pokémon I wanted to see function alongside one another. This is a real core.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Hydreigon is one of my favourite Dragon-types, and it stands out among the pseudolegendaries for me for being a special attacker—Goodra is specially-oriented, but its stats are those of an offensive tank rather than a wallbreaker. I've used the revenge-killer build (Choice Scarf, U-turn) and found it worked well, but I was taken by the wallbreaker build with a Life Orb because it can be used in tandem with the so-good-some-people-wanted-it-banned Mega Metagross. However, I had difficulty building the team outwards from the core, because I didn't want to squander its respectable Speed by introducing slow Pokémon like Azumarill or Clefable (recommended to cover the likes of Mega Sableye and Scizor which otherwise trouble this core) and then being forced into using Speed control from the likes of Shuckle, Klefki or Thundurus.
I picked up the team after Analytic built it half way and approached me to fix/finish it.
Anyway, here's the team, Ketsuban :
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Manaphy @ Salac Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 72 HP / 248 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tail Glow

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Manaphy was added as the 3rd member of the team because I wanted something that could abuse common checks to Hydreigon and Metagross, SpDef Hippo came to my mind as somethng annoying to the 2 of them. With Tail Glow and FWG coverage, it is able to cover up most things that the 2 fail to do so, with Salac Berry it can potentially be a sweeper on it's own as it is capable of taking a Draco Meteor afrom the likes of Latios and 2HKO with Scald with Salac Berry activating. Hippowdown is added in to patch up your weakness to volt-turn spam while Latias is there to fill up the weakness to common Water/Fire types while providing defog support. Lastly, Tornadus-T serves as the pivot in the team while helping to take on things like Gengar that threatens the team.
Threatlist: Azumarill and Kyurem-B are the 2 things that stands out the most as a threat to the team but the team is capable of revenge killing both of them. I could had made the team a lot bulkier and slow to take on more threats but at the same point, it leaves the team too passive and dulls out Metagross and Hydreigon. @_@

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks for doing this! I'm curious to know why you chose Rash over Mild on Hydreigon, since the onsite writeup suggests Mild since Hydreigon mainly resists physical types.

Alkov

plopping
Excellent, thanks for doing this! I'm curious to know why you chose Rash over Mild on Hydreigon, since the onsite writeup suggests Mild since Hydreigon mainly resists physical types.
Oh, it's not really a very big difference, I made it so that it's Rash instead Mild so that it can in a sense "take" priority hits better since a lot of the time Hydreigon either outpace something and do damage to it or too slow and risk being taken out so there's no point in staying in. In fact, you can even run a Modest nature since it doesn't really affect the rolls of Superpower a lot. It still manages to OHKO offensive variants of Tyranitar, does only a 6% difference in rolls to Chansey and 7% to Heatran.
0- Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 385-458 (112.9 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 224-265 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 200-237 (51.9 - 61.5%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 278-330 (43.3 - 51.4%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 309-367 (48.1 - 57.1%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO
(Do note that the reason why it says 95.3% and 91.8% chance to 2HKO Heatnran and Chansey is because the calc doesn't factor in the fact that your attack stats drop by 1 after using Superpower the first time)

Alkov

plopping
Cool, okay. I might toy around with some of the wiggle room the team gives me. Thanks to both you and Analytic!
Ohmy, I'm sorry there's a mistake in Manaphy's EV. Run 4more on speed and take it out from the SpA's EVs so as to allow you to outspeed things like Choice Scarf Landorus-T at +1.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Hi, I would to request a team around Hoopa-U and Mega Altaria please. The premise of the core is to weaken or KO the usual stuff that troubles M-Altaria like Mega Scizor and Mega Venu so it has an easier time sweeping. Change the sets if necessary, and thanks!

All right, so I'm not sure if this is something worth looking at or not. I've had the core rolling around my head for a week or so and for the life of me I can't decide how I wanted to build off of it from the original three Pokemon I had in the core. It might be hard because the core has the defensive backbone of a team instead of starting off offensive.

Here goes:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Taunt / Encore

And:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

or

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

So the idea is that Garchomp punishes the physical attackers (and priority users) that threaten Mega Alakazam. It also provides Stealth Rocks and Toxic is good for wearing down some of the fatter Pokes out there like Rotom-W and Hippowdon. Alakazam acts as a late game cleaner after relevant threats are removed or weakened. Klefki provides Spikes support while also synergizing well with Garchomp and providing a Dark type resistance. It might be better to go with a Moonblast set to better handle Mega Sableye, although I'm not 100% sure. Ferrothorn might be a better option for Spikes support, I decided I'd leave that up to whoever takes this core on.

Thanks!

I was looking for a Hyper Offensive team with this core:

+
+

this idea was from the good cores thread:
Alright, sharing one of my newer cores which is actually quite cool haha. Only saw one Breloom core, so decided to go with one. Breloom is actually pretty good lol.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Offensive Core: Breloom + Mega Manectric + Tornadus-T

+
+

Pretty cool offensive core I kinda thought about during the other day, played a few games on the ladder using an alt haha and it worked decently, so I'm sharing it here. Not sharing replays because I'm going anonymous and I haven't really found a good one yet, but I will add a few when I do get my hands on them.

So the gist of the core is pretty simple: VoltTurn + Breloom.

I'll kind of try to explain my thought process during building this core to make it more understandable. So I was typing up the Breloom analysis and I decided to test it further. Breloom struggles against offensive builds due to its subpar Speed, Grass-types, Fire-types, Psychic-types, Ghost-types, and certain Steel-types such as Scizor and Skarmory. Mega Manectric patches that weakness up. It deals with offensive teams, particularly Flying-types such as Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Gyarados, and Mega Pinsir which trouble Breloom, because of its good Speed stat and Electric-type STAB. In addition, it deals with certain Grass-, Fire-, Psychic- and Ghost-types that Breloom are checked by, such as Amoonguss, Mega Charizard Y, Mega Metagross, and Gengar, as well as Skarmory and Scizor. It also provides momentum with Volt Switch to give Breloom free switches. In return, Breloom offers an answer to bulky Ground-types which trouble Mega Manectric, such as Seismitoad, Rhyperior, and Scarf Landorus-T. It also deals with a few of Mega Manetric's checks, namely Seismitoad, Rotom-W, and Heatran. In particular, the utility of having Breloom + Mega Manectric is that Breloom can Spore something, go out into Mega Manectric, then Volt Switch out. Breloom deals with bulky setup sweepers such as Clefable and Reuniclus which the core otherwise struggles with by crippling them with Spore and going out into something that beats them.

Tornadus-T further adds to the core, providing an answer to bulky Grass-types such as Celebi and Mega Venusaur which the duo struggles with. Tornadus-T also has Knock Off and U-turn, which allows it to beat Lati@s, and deal decent damage to bulky Psychic-types such as Reuniclus. Knock Off also cripples switch-ins such as Jirachi which trouble both Breloom and Manectric, and in the event Breloom goes down, Heatran as well. Having U-turn means it completes a VoltTurn core alongside Mega Manectric to score momentum for Breloom.

Threats:

Mega Charizard X at +1 runs through the team nicely. Same with Mega Altaria. Dragalge is kind of annoying as well. Mega Manectric outspeeds all and my own Mega Manectric relies on a Speed tie to win. Rain as a playstyle is threatening as well.

+

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Zen headbutt

Came up with this idea for a Hyper Offensive team only to find out it's already on the Good core topic

basically lopunny takes advantage of hoopa's ablity to beat fairies and alot of physical walls and hoopa lets lopunny carry him against most offensive threats

you can change hoopa around as you like

here's the link
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-50#post-6335914

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All right, so I'm not sure if this is something worth looking at or not. I've had the core rolling around my head for a week or so and for the life of me I can't decide how I wanted to build off of it from the original three Pokemon I had in the core. It might be hard because the core has the defensive backbone of a team instead of starting off offensive.

Here goes:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute / Taunt / Encore

And:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

or

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

So the idea is that Garchomp punishes the physical attackers (and priority users) that threaten Mega Alakazam. It also provides Stealth Rocks and Toxic is good for wearing down some of the fatter Pokes out there like Rotom-W and Hippowdon. Alakazam acts as a late game cleaner after relevant threats are removed or weakened. Klefki provides Spikes support while also synergizing well with Garchomp and providing a Dark type resistance. It might be better to go with a Moonblast set to better handle Mega Sableye, although I'm not 100% sure. Ferrothorn might be a better option for Spikes support, I decided I'd leave that up to whoever takes this core on.

Thanks!
I'll take a stab at this one, looks pretty cool

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch
- Psychic

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Hi, I would to request a team around Hoopa-U and Mega Altaria please. The premise of the core is to weaken or KO the usual stuff that troubles M-Altaria like Mega Scizor and Mega Venu so it has an easier time sweeping. Change the sets if necessary, and thanks!
Mine

Hey guys, I think that this is a cool core to work with.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry/ Lum
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Raikou @ Leftovers/ zap plate
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- substitute/ volt switch

I think that this core can work because Volc hates birds which raikou can help deal with, and volc can help weaken ground types like hippowdon for raikou. I went with calm mind on each to help weaken each others counters, such as raikou sort of being able to weaken tran for volc. This would probably need hazard removal and stuff for psychical attackers as both of these are only specially bulky to an extent. I put some slashes because I wasnt sure of the best move and item choices. Feel free to change them to anything better. I hope someone will be able to make a core from this.
Thanks in advance if anyone does.

Last edited:
Please can you build a team around Mega-Gardevoir and Weavile ?

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Weavile can trap Bronzong, Victini and Mega-Metagross lacking Bullet Punch for Gardevoir. In a other hand, Gardevoir can beat 1vs1 most of Weavile s'counters. It also lures out Scizor with Will-O-Wisp. One can weaken Ferrothorn for the other. Something to take priority such as Brave Bird s'Talonflame and Bullet Punch s'Scizor are appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)